tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saltimbanco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9712 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Here's an old video I found showing some of the Pinduino. It also has some great solid saturation effects where the whole ramps are lit up at once certain colors (you can assign the colors), there's different types of 'bullet' effects or tracers and you can do solid colors or have it start off as one color and end as another color etc...

Cool stuff! Feels like it's something Stern should have wanted to do at the factory, e.g. it does look like some lightbikes are racing.. but I guess it was easier to do the toned down solution they went with, or maybe Stern didn't have the knowhow or never even thought about doing it the Pinduino way.

Having said that, I still think ELI - I just can't 'unsee' how cool it looks! But Pinduino does offer more control over the effects..

2 weeks later
#9730 3 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow..!

#9733 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

You sir have excellent taste!
[quoted image]

If I was a Tron, I'd want this! Beautiful!!
I may just have to copy you!!

3 weeks later
#9759 3 years ago

That's just a beauty!

2 weeks later
#9764 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

A HELLO from the (lockdown) grid!
After an attempt without success months ago my friend and I didn‘t move on with this project.
Sadly we have our second covid19 lockdown now in Austria & so we started (in safe distance from each other) one more time.
This is our first prototype which I’m going to try on my LE next Tuesday.
I hope it fits & looks as good as the original one on both ramps.
I loved this mod so much back in the days.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful parts! Can't wait to see them installed

#9773 3 years ago

I'm in too, however he never said they'd have it for mass production!! Colors are perfect for me, btw!

#9775 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Well we are hoping they will be for mass production at this point!

I just pm'd our Austrian friend!

#9779 3 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Please make a run of these, I have always wanted a pair!!! Nice work.

Got a reply back from @Hasi, if it fits perfect they'll do a run!
Tron likes beautiful parts!!

#9782 3 years ago

That stainless steel speakers's panel from kapsreiter is great looking, no doubt about it. But what else is out there for Tron?

#9786 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

There’s also this one from Tilt Graphics, the Grid.

This one would look great! Gotta admit, really like it! (I think I'm being influenced by its name, lol)

Quoted from Micky:

I have this decal on my tron.

Looks great, tks for the pic - never actually saw that one before!

Quoted from Meegis:

There are different decals available.
The stainless looks great, but you'll need to figure out the back lighting (el lighting)

I have the stainless on Star Trek, it really fits that theme well. Not sure how I would go about figuring those EL panels/how to cut them to size, etc., but it would allow me to match my apron.. decisions, decisions!

Tks for the input, all!

VideoCapture_20201122-134724 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20201122-134724 (resized).jpg
#9790 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

My speaker panel
[quoted image]

Definitely cool looking with the speakers inserts! And double recognizers

#9793 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Hi again,
our prototypes are installed. two minor changes on the edges of the yellow plastic and the set will fit perfectly.
next thing to do is to get the correct color.
our yellow is different than the pinbits version (which looks best on the game).
i‘ll get back to you asap.
all the best & stay healthy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking great! Agreed, pinbits colors are the best

#9806 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Happy holiday weekend.
The new yellow arrived and it looks good.
If it matches perfect we will see on the final grid test (with better curves & edges on the yellow plastic) next Tuesday.
Stay tuned.
All the best & stay healthy!
[quoted image][quoted image]

#9814 3 years ago

Hasi came back with a price of $38 usd for each set. They need to do 20 sets (yeah, sheets of acrylic are not cheap!)

If someone coordinates the sell, we can receive all 20 sets without any shipping fees. I can take care of folks in Canada, anyone in the US?

Then I can go up the post and look at who was in. Please share this post with other Tron owners you may know!

#9822 3 years ago

I'll do the tally tomorrow, we'll organize payment (probably PayPal family). I'll ask Hasi if they plan to cut the other parts you mentioned.

#9824 3 years ago

Greetings programs!

Just an fyi on commitments so far for the Tron fluorescent plastic ramp covers, at $38 USD for each set

12 Pinsiders out of 20 needed so far:

@saltimbanco; @twilight1; @neverahighscore; @chosen_s; @evileye; @eagle14; @xeneize; @jgaltr56; @zen; @arcadebar; @foobeer;grbgemen

Added over 3 years ago:

Tsunami added to the list

Added over 3 years ago:

FtrMech added to the list

1 week later
#9837 3 years ago

Is there a reason for that post being there, underneath the Sam image? The ball wouldn't be able to it that bulb anyway, but in some instances it could hit that metal pin. I figure maybe a rubber goes from one post to the other instead of that single rubber on the front post?

20201218_160857 (resized).jpg20201218_160857 (resized).jpg
#9838 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I grew up with the original tron and was super thrilled when the new one was released in 2010. To celebrate the anniversary i got my self a Tron Pro yesterday.

Congrats, Tron was a game that I was looking for and it has not disappointed! Everybody that plays it just loves the music, the different sounds, those fabulous lighted ramps!

We actually watched Tron Legacy again the other day (I watch it often), still totally fun and never get tired of it!

#9839 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

Add me to the US buyer’s list.

Added, getting there!

#9841 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

It is correct without a rubber. The post is there to stop the sam plastic from breaking. Just adds additional support.

Tks bud, it makes sense. Still, a quirky design/built thing..! That post does throw a big shadow under an already poorly lighted plastic. I'll try a lighted post to see how it looks.

#9849 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The sound track was updated to include 9 missing tracks found in the movie, etc.
9 more daft punk songs you can jam out to!
https://www.youredm.com/2020/12/20/daft-punk-complete-edition-tron-soundtrack/
If you are looking for it to stream or purchase it is called:
TRON: Legacy - The Complete Edition

Cool, there's never enough Tron or Daft Punk for that matter!

#9858 3 years ago

Xmas Greetings, programs! This year had so many downsides, but Tron still brought in a lot of fun time at the house. With the latest Daft Punk release, I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. 2021 will be better, see you all on the Grid!

1 week later
#9872 3 years ago

It would clean it up, for example on The Shadow there was a bit of 'sissy' going on, but the filter took it out. I like my Tron full on, lol, but there's no kids around!

#9875 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

A good Tron weekend:
- Oiled the disc motor. Whisper quiet now. (So easy to pull parts off this game, after working on Cirqus Voltaire & Wizard of Oz lately)
- Clean & wax PF
- My boy got high score #4, *barely* missing passing my #2 & #3 scores, which I think he'll hit soon
Who wants to play for dollar bills w/ an 8-year-old? I could use some extra cash.
Thanks,
-Jason
[quoted image]

Spending quality time with your kid playing on Tron.. life is good during those moments!

1 week later
#9887 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey Tron folks! Happy new year. So I’m in the market for a Tron and I am looking at 2 different pro’s. Both have the “ramp light mod.”
From what I have found these ramp mods vary.... there was Eli’s ramp mod from pinbits, the total Light show version, then I have seen just basic el wire on the ramps?
Next question is seems like the going rate for a decently loaded tron with low play is around 7k?

Yes, 7k with the desired mods, a bit higher if fully modded. Eli ramps are a necessity for me, same goes with the 3D translite.

#9891 3 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone. I have been talking with this one seller .... has a nice Tron good set of mods, probably over 1600 plus and wants 9k, my assessment (based on his mods, plays, and current market) is he is roughly 1200.00+ high.
LookS AWESPME ksuwildcatfan congratulations

You can wait a bit longer, they made quite a few Trons.

#9894 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah, at 9k you are in/near LE territory, and if you are okay spending that much, I'd say go for the LE so you get the drops and daft punk multiball.
Tron is a great game, but at these prices, I have a hard time justifying it. There are some great games instead for the money tron's are going for.... I mean you've played a tron right?

Totally agree @northvibe. Way too much for a Tron Pro, even if it's got all the mods.

@soulrider911, I also understand that you may not want to work hard at it, getting a fully modded game already packaged takes away you having to go look for parts, mods, etc. And that it may be your Grail!

But you'll get one eventually! Also, there are better games out there obviously. But Tron totally delivered for me : I'm a big Tron Legacy fan, the game is easy to play (in the sense that new players find it to be fun right from the start), it's got a great light show, Daft Punk music, etc. I was looking for the theme and the gameplay, and it did not disappoint. At home, it's a real popular game!

#9901 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm probably listing mine for 8500 or thereabouts soon. But it literally has everything in it, including the laser-cut glowy blue chrome armor. Looks like an LE. But here's the thing: If I took off the topper, chrome armor, and all the desirable mods that are in the game and sold them separately and THEN sold the game, I'd easily net over 9k. It's all in how you look at it.

Sell it to Soulrider911 then! If you got everything on it + that modded armour, you'll both get what you're looking for (a fast easy sell and a real happy buyer!)
Now, the question is: why are you selling that beauty? Lol

#9906 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Good thing I haven't listed mine publicly

Indeed! Wouldn't be too many offers for that Tron Meegis Edition..lol

#9909 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Oh and I don't know much about these but my blue one doesn't seem to allow much of ANY light through, no matter how bright a bulb I try. The bulb seems plenty bright before I put the cap down but it just doesn't shine through very well. Anyone else running this mod? How does yours look?
[quoted image]

The blue mods looks the same on all the games, the blue acrylic disk doesn't let a lot of light shine through, and it's not really fluorescent. Best part of the mod are the metal disks!

#9910 3 years ago

The monitor picture is just a static image that flashes on when triggered, right?

What do you mean, the mini arcade?

#9912 3 years ago

Well I don't know, I think I saw stills from the actual arcade game when I watched videos but I'm not sure. Mine lights up the stick on the cabinet... just nothing on the monitor.

No, it's the actual game playing on the OLED..

#9914 3 years ago

Oh my. I really do need to get that fixed. That's far cooler than I thought.

#9915 3 years ago

Oh my. I really do need to get that fixed. That's far cooler than I thought.

It's actually the best mod!! The OLED is on with the game playing itself and going through the 4 different Tron arcade game. The bulbs light up the marquee, there's a UV bulb to light up the joystick/panel. The bigger flasher goes on when the balls is thrown back..

You'll also want the Hallmark cycles at one point, a bit bigger and they light up..

#9917 3 years ago

Dammit, now I'm going to be up all night trying to fix this. That's awesome!

I suspect the connector is not fully pushed in inside the mod..Also could have disconnected under the playfield.

#9921 3 years ago

This doesn't have anything to do with it right?
[quoted image]
Nm. Goes to my flipper lights which seem to work in spite of the fact that it appears unplugged in the back box. Sweet cable management...
[quoted image]

Look inside the mod if the pins connector is fully pushed in first..

20210111_225048 (resized).jpg20210111_225048 (resized).jpg20210111_225124 (resized).jpg20210111_225124 (resized).jpg
#9922 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

What led lights are you using? I went to hooked on pinball and got my pop bumper led and I’m happy with them.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p44/Pinball-Mod-Custom-LED-PAD-555-6v.html

That's what I have, but the blue plastic is still way darker than the other colors.

#9924 3 years ago

I mean....I think so?

Oh my, that thing has seen better days! Much glue on it, but it does seem connected inside the mod. Check under the hood, follow the cables to see if they got disconnected somehow..

Mine are marked red and green (I use markers to ID connectors)

20210111_233940 (resized).jpg20210111_233940 (resized).jpg
#9926 3 years ago

Unless I'm not following something that cable appears to connect to a pair of blue wires wtf run all the way to the head and splice into the factory loom (with a molex) on the left. I did see two other plugs around here under the playfirkd and those looked okay.
What controls the led flash vs the oled screen?

OLED is that pin connector

#9928 3 years ago

This thing isn't supposed to disassemble in any way, I'm guessing? The whole thing is just caked in glue from all sides. I can't actually get to that board to do anything.

Well, if it's only hot glue, you'll be fine. If it has screws on each side, it should all disassemble. The decals can be carefully peeled of, they're vinyl. But you don't need to open it to connect. The glue was added after probably..

See full built instructions, thou there's 3-4 versions of the cabinet. Go at around 40 minutes for connecting instructions

Also, see attached original instructions (thou, it doesn't say much). But the vid will help!
tronKitInstructions_oled (1) (2).pdftronKitInstructions_oled (1) (2).pdf

#9933 3 years ago

Yeah, realized that right after I posted. You beat my edit.
Working on scraping all the glue away. Not sure why that was done.. maybe it kept coming unplugged and they thought this would fix that once and for all? Blah.

It does come unplugged, that's why you attach that 5v to the other cable using a small black tie, since that other cable is in fixed position with the little bracket. Providing pics of mine connected so that you'll know on which side to plug it back. Note where the wires go into the connector. Clean that cabinet up, you should be able to see all clean lines and the details on the vinyls. I would simply connect the power and check if the monitor is coming on before reassembly.
20210112_111406 (resized).jpg20210112_111406 (resized).jpg20210112_111636 (resized).jpg20210112_111636 (resized).jpg

#9934 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It does come unplugged, that's why you attach that 5v to the other cable using a small black tie, since that other cable is in fixed position with the little bracket. Providing pics of mine connected so that you'll know on which side to plug it back. Note where the wires go into the connector. Clean that cabinet up, you should be able to see all clean lines and the details on the vinyls. I would simply connect the power and check if the monitor is coming on before reassembly.

Note I only have the UV bulb on, I recently removed the marquee LEDs because the resistance broke off.. ordered! Lol

#9935 3 years ago

..and these are the Hallmark lighted mods, once you get there. Lol

20210112_113818 (resized).jpg20210112_113818 (resized).jpg
#9938 3 years ago

They are. But you can also buy your own cycles on eBay, etc., and assemble them yourself from your own parts (you'll find info on Pinside). But if you are lazy like me, you get them ready to go.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiring-up-hallmark-tron-light-cycles

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-light-cycles-bypass-the-switch-no-glue-no-melting

#9941 3 years ago

I'm definitely getting a solid 5V from the power leads..but nothing on the display. I'm assuming *something* happened and my board is now.....dead. That sucks.

Have you tried connecting on that second row, or switching side.. there's different types of boards out there, at this point you won't kill it. Wait a bit when powering on, it does not come on instantly..

#9943 3 years ago

Yeah I tried all sorts of things. Didn't seem to make any difference.

Well, you can buy an OLED and copy the program on it using that microSD slot.. I'll send you the link where to find all that info online if you want.

Having said that, your cabinet is also quite beat up.. you could always order a brand new mod from pinbalooking. But it's $$..

#9946 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I just bought an empty cabinet from a guy here last week and then i got another full working one yesterday. I will sell you the empty cabinet im waiting for when it arrives if you like.

Nice! But his OLED will need to be replaced as well it seems..

#9947 3 years ago

Sent a PM over, so I guess we'll see what happens. Might just have to wait around on it for a bit. Basically sold a kidney just buying the machine.

I know, right? Lol, Tron sure did more than just keep its value! I just love mine, instant fun when we play it, my gf loves it. Well, you're almost set fixing that cabinet and getting those cycles! Hope you have a subwoofer plugged under that thing!

#9951 3 years ago

Just following up on this one last time, I decided to swap the linked pad from my YELLOW disc--since I figured it was the most likely one to still look good with an 'inferior' bulb inside--in to the BLUE disc and I put a sunlight 4x4 flasher under the YELLOW disc. It's actually doing just fine compared to the orange and blue now, and blue looks pretty good. Those pads are frickin' awesome though, I think I'll definitely be ordering a few for supply purposes when I order the cycles. I'm sure they won't look good under any sort of translucent caps, but under metal/solid caps...they definitely have potential. Thanks again for the link![quoted image][quoted image]

Nitpicking here, lol, but how should those Tron stickers be aligned? All to be read from one direction, aligned with the lines in that chrome part?.. just wondering what would look best..

#9953 3 years ago

I'm sure they'd be better if they were lined up differently..not sure what the instructions said. I'm not gonna mess with it, out of fear of making them worse or ruining them entirely.

Oh, they actually come off easily, they are printed on vinyl. You can use a bit of heat on them first (not too much) just so the glue don't stick as much. Then you can reposition..

3 weeks later
#9975 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I emailed them they said they ship flat, so I ordered one. I got my Tron with 500 plays on it. Now I have about 4700 ish, and saw this not to long ago. Broke my heart. I put a peace of mylar on it, but as much as I play it I wanted to protect it for along time.
[quoted image]

I got the same small damage at the far back, edge of disk. There's gotta be some very thin filler we can match and put in. I'm also considering ordering that same pf protector from Germany, just wondering if it affects gameplay, if it has raised edges where it will create issues..

#9982 3 years ago

Welp, my friend came over, completely cold, and absolutely obliterated my 105m high score (my recent scores have been mostly TERRIBLE) on his first play.
Damn.
That 8m score of mine though....

Beautiful! Must have been exciting to see

#9985 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

hell of a score! I can't seem to break 60 or 70 mil... and I play every day. I do keep it waxed though...
def my most challenging game in my collection

Scores don't matter, it's how much fun the game is! Tron gets people excited when I turn it on - my girls were actually dancing to it the other day! Lol

#9987 3 years ago

Oh, for sure. But when you have two or three nasty drains, over and over and over....you fall in love with the beauty of the machine (temporarily!) just a little bit less. lol
As is so commonly said around here... I just need to play better. But in the interim, Tron ain't my friend.

#BrokenAndBruised lol

#10026 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

How do i get on the list? Take my $

We will take your money! List of people that showed interest is being sent.

1 week later
#10044 3 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

On the mini arcade is there suppose to be an SD card in this slot in the top left?
[quoted image]

No, this is how you load the code/program into it.

#10054 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

Aproximately how much do you guys think a Tron PRO in good condition is worth these days ?
Thanks

Depends if it has the most sought after mods, 3D translite, etc. On the Canadian market, I've seen $8500-9000 CAD for a completely stock game, a bit more lately. Modded, looking at $9700-10200 CAD.

#10055 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Depends a lot on the mods and shape. I wouldn't sell mine for less that $9,800 CAD... But it's also bolted forever.

Mine bolted, too! Not a hard game to play, not challenging enough for hard core players (enough for me, thou!), but a game that brings the fun factor to any game room, IMO

Fully integrates music, theme and gameplay!

#10056 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

tough question. Depends on condition of wear, location, mods etc.
Maybe $6k average? I haven't been following of sale prices.

A bit more than $6k on the US market, for sure!

1 month later
#10163 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I planned to hold this forever for the right offer I could be moved.

..or you could see if there's a way to replicate the vaccum forming mold from your NOS ramps, increase in some cases the slotted holes and tolerances when replicating those ramps, and make a lot of brothers happy by selling them tons of new sets at a fair price!

There's definitely a market for this, as most ramps I've seen on games show either some missing corners or stress crackling around the holes..

#10169 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I messaged freeplay about possibly reproducing the ramp and offered to provide mine for the mold. I guess we wait and see what he says.

Chosen_S
That's great, and much appreciated! I had done a quick search and found the same pinsiders, lol. There's a few more that have done some ramps in the past, I'll pm them.

The idea thou would be to protect the NOS parts at all cost, can be done with some release agent and extra care. I have seen in the past someone doing a silicon mold first, then pouring in whatever he needed to make the vaccum forming shape. It does take practice!

One can dream of getting molded parts, a CNC cutter would be used to cut out the ramps and the holes. Some guys would probably do it at their end, tolerances may be a bit different from one machine to another.

#10170 2 years ago

athenspin
Thanks for considering having someone try to reproduce this man, you're a true Tron lover!

#10174 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Looks like a Tron LE sold for 25k US. This hobby is getting nuts!

Did it sell, or was the ad just pulled? I'm always weary of whatever I see on eBay, Kijiji or Craigslist.

#10180 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

It sold, got confirmation and was bought full price on the buy it now option.

Crazy, absolutely crazy..! I get it's number 1 made, but still..

#10182 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Hopefully we can get it done!

If it works out, I'll ask Les Manley to make you my santee next Christmas!!

#10185 2 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Was it “#1” or was it just “1 of 400”? I read it the latter way. If so, uh, I’d definitely sell my LE, too.
—Donnie

1 of 400, lol, still puts your LE at great value!

Tron, as we know too well, is a very sought after game. Not the best game, not the deepest code, not even the best art package.

But you fire up a Tron, it brings something, doesn't it?

Then again, anything is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it at that moment!

#10190 2 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Sure, I’m just trying to get the data straight. Mostly because I have an HUO single owner non-smoking nicely modded Tron LE myself and if they’re going for $20k+, I’m a seller. If, however, it only went for $25k because it’s “#1” and other numbers are valued WAY less, well, I’m maybe not.
—Donnie

Sorry mate, even a nicely modded Tron LE will not get anywhere those numbers, IMO. Yes, the market has been crazy, but that one was different, e.g. that numbered plate would have played a big role!

On the US side, I would check average selling prices on Pinside's Market, while knowing that you may get more $$ selling elsewhere. Other pinsiders can chime in with how much a Tron LE goes for nowadays.

#10198 2 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

As you can see from the post just above this, it was NOT #1 and supposedly *did* get $25k. So, uh, seems like you’re wrong. There was at least one buyer for a normal Tron LE at $25k, anyway.
—Donnie

Ok, I stand corrected, interesting!

#10205 2 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Did you guys ever group by the blue and yellow colored plastic pieces over the inlanes? I am in if there is a set available.

Yes we did, I'm collecting this week

#10211 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just make sure to take pics and know which way it plugs back in as there is no key on the 4 pin connector.

Solid advice, as I had to learn the hard way, lol

1 month later
#10306 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Is anyone making them still? I know someone was talking about them

I'll email again, we've got some in Europe waiting to be shipped. I'll PM you once I receive (I already have all the other pinsiders' name that wanted it)

#10307 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Been doing a full Playfield swap for a clear coated Hutchins Playfield. Went ahead and polished metal parts and now adding mods while on the rotisserie...almost there..

Love the pics, I did a bit of maintenance recently and some posts weren't the right ones - this will help!

#10310 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Does anyone know where you can get the Flynn arcade mod?

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/tron-legacy/

Nice people, got it fast and the mod was perfect!

#10315 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

So here I was sitting happy on this new LE, and my buddy came over and showed me what I’m missing. Ugh..... so $500-$600 later, I’ve got the rectifier w/lights (up/down), lit up cycle mod, Clu’s ship (on left ramp return), target decals, rectifier decal, and chrome plunger on the way to me. Am I missing anything LOL
He also says my machine music is terrible compared to his, assuming he’s got different sound chips, haven’t tackled that but if there is a link to order the popular one that won’t require a ton of research, would love the advice.
I’m not a big mod person at all but this machine seems to beg for it (really just fixing how it should have come from the factory).

Do you have Flynn's sign, Pinbits fluorescent slinger plastics, Tron (metal) pop bumpers, pinblades (several cool one out there), backbox interactive lighting, speaker grill LED..

Tron is one of the most heavily modded game out there, it begs for it! Lol A crowd's favorite, no doubt. When I light it up at my place, people really enjoy it. You also totally NEED a subwoofer.

#10320 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I have mirror blades on mine. I also have everything else (either installed or coming) but the Flynn’s sign. Where can you buy those now?

Flynn's
http://www.kimballspinballs.com/tron-legacy/

#10323 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

No not that one but the big full sized arcade. Does anyone know who made that???

If you mean a big size Flynn's neon or LED sign, they are offered all over, different sizes, real neon, etc., just google this. The original Tron arcade was Bally Midway..

#10328 2 years ago

Cmon, we have enough misrepresentation and click bait on the world of the interwebs… so because “LE” is in quotes does this make it ok to call a pro and LE?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/116064
[quoted image]

I would report this..

3 weeks later
#10395 2 years ago

Just posted a question there about it. Anyone can explain what it does? You need to remove all current decals?

#10399 2 years ago

Or, a butter cab on Tron.. one can dream! Lol

2 weeks later
#10422 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I think the latest Tron owners manual reads “in the event any issues arise, list your pro for $11,000, and your LE for $20,000, and wait for the vault!” But that could just be a rumor.

As much as I'd like to see a Tron VE and would line up to buy it, I don't think it's ever going to happen. Unless Disney ever does a Tron 3, even then.. but, yeah, would look great next to Tron Pro!

#10429 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

'Tron 3' Moving Forward With Jared Leto to Star, Garth Davis to Direct:
https://collider.com/tron-3-sequel-update-disney-jared-leto-garth-davis/

I like the enthusiasm, lol, but this is old news. Leto had published the working title at one point, but was asked to remove it. I'm still cheering for this to happen one day! Wondering if there's a page somewhere to sign asking for Tron 3 to be made..

1 month later
#10487 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Just turned on TronLE for the first time in a while and the arcade mod is not working. The flasher portion is working but not the LCD is not working.
Any trouble shooting help?
Is this mod even available anymore?
Been out of the Tron scene for a while.
Thanks,
Mike

Try the pin connector, sometimes it comes loose a bit. Could be the same under the hood.

3 months later
#10583 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Anyone have a set of the flourescent ramp plastics at the ends where the ball drops down into the lanes? They are yellow and blue.

Try [email protected], they had some ready to ship at one point $38usd + shipping.

2 weeks later
#10588 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Merry Christmas to all on the grid!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Programs!

#10592 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

I made my own color changing fiber optic ramp light kit for about $100 if anyone is interested I can give a parts list and pictures of how I did it
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not unlike Eli's? Because I'm thinking that one day they will need to be replaced and are quite unobtainium.. it brings a lot to the game, IMO

2 weeks later
#10609 2 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

Made a Disk War combatant mod. I am working on the other colors so far I have a metallic blue.
Going to try out some neons next on it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty cool, nice details! You could actually have the discs replaced with small/edged fluorescent acrilic discs for full effect - unless you can 3D those using that kind of material? Dunno too much about printing.. but great work, program!

2 months later
#10640 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hey guys, can i join your club?
Got my Tron pro last night. What an absolutely amazing pinball machine.
I never expected it to be so beautiful. I thought i had the most beautiful pinball machine in the world with my Sunset riders, but the backglass on tron is a masterpiece.
The art package is incredible seeing as they used movie assets, so much better than the effort made on spiderman.
The gameplay?
What can i say, i never knew they made a pinball as tough as this one, only had a couple games over 10m so far.
Mostly it's just 'that can't of been the last ball again?'.
Never expect to find a tougher game.
So damn impressive.
[quoted image]

Well I'll be damned, punkin finally made it here from that Haggis thread, lol! welcome to the club! and yeah, Tron is that good of a game! I hope you have a subwoofer under it, it's a must!

1 week later
#10656 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I found an awesome game room addition for all the fans of Tron out there. 4’ neon Lightcycle.
BadaBingsigns on Etsy[quoted image][quoted image]

I totally approve! Even the cats seem to want to get closer to it! Lol

#10662 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

"I’d like to put an original full-size arcade Tron on top of my Tron pro. I’m going to win Topper of the Year."
You're talking nonsense. If you said you'd put a DoT enviro on top of the Tron pin, then put a Tron upright on top of the DoT enviro, and *then* put a DoT Upright on top of the Tron upright, I might believe you.

Would love to find an original DoT environmental..!

#10663 2 years ago

Having said that, I've seen a few people make a topper out of an original Tron marquee, pretty cool!

#10668 2 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the backbox effect, such a fun piece!

#10675 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Finished the topper to match the neon. A Hot Toys light cycle with el wires in the back and a programmable LED strip underneath.
[quoted image]

How much is that Hot Toys again, $700+? lol, with that LED neon LightCycle, it's becoming an expensive corner of the house
Looks awesome, good job!

#10676 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Looks absolutely ace!
My tech got my topper all soldered up and going yesterday. Definitely a poor sub for that.
[quoted image]
Had a couple of guys here yesti for comp that have operated pinballs since the 80's. Neither of them have played Tron before, both left in love with the machine trying to figure out how to get one.

No worries mate, looks great! Play this thing with dimmed ambient light, sound full on!

#10678 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Looks absolutely ace!
My tech got my topper all soldered up and going yesterday. Definitely a poor sub for that.
[quoted image]
Had a couple of guys here yesti for comp that have operated pinballs since the 80's. Neither of them have played Tron before, both left in love with the machine trying to figure out how to get one.

I had added this next to it - cool effect when peeps wear anything white! lol

20210221_170357 (resized).jpg20210221_170357 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10725 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

One of you Tron guys tell me what an original, unplayed Trailer #3 film reel is worth. I literally can't find any for sale anywhere heh.

Original Tron or Tron Legacy? Tron 1982 35mm print for the trailer is anywhere between 90$ to 150$, depending on the quality.

Tron Legacy, probably 50$ to 90$. They made a lot of those.

You see printed cells sold as 'original' and framed/sold with a poster. These cells are not original, just copies of copies. The originals are vaulted.

#10726 1 year ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Just wish someone would pick up on the ELI kits (or the RedShift kit). Found a stock old pro last year and I'm really jonesin' for the awesome ramp lighting.

Yeah, at one point this will become a real issue when people will need to replace those.. nothing compares with ELI kits unfortunately.

#10727 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I owned an LE and now own a heavily modded Pro (with the Eli ramp kit). When the LE's started selling for over 20k, I let my LE go. Don't miss it at all. One of the greatest LE's of all-time (since Premium's didn't exist). "Daft Punk Multi-ball" (unique to the LE) was a pretty big disappointment.
My heavily modded Pro has much nicer chrome armor and apron (Stern's chrome on the LE didn't age well at all). The higher resolution decals are also nicer on the Pro. I also prefer the "TRON" switch targets over drop-down targets (which is odd, since I usually prefer drop-downs). Considering the difficulty of making the GEM shot, it's easier to bank the ball by hitting the TRON targets.
[quoted image]

Beauty! I prefer the 3D translite in the game, but cool setup framed next to Tron! Agree with what you said..!

#10729 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Legacy, heh. I paid nowhere near 50 bucks for it years and years ago, so that'd be a pretty good gain, actually. It's an original reel sent to theatres, still sealed with the "must be returned to Disney on request" spiel and other stickers. Heh.

Lol, you're going straight to the Disney jail!

Actually, while on the topic I haven't seen any IMAX 70mm trailers that were intact, probably those would be worth more because of the sheer size of the cells - they actually show real well when framed. Each IMAX cell is worth about 5-10 bucks.

The 35mm version you have, a collector could use this. But cells don't show as good as with the IMAX of course. Just owning it I guess.

Noteworthy: most IMAX copies were destroyed, e.g. those are HUGE! But very unfortunate, because collectors would eat those up. Also really sad that it's next to impossible to see Tron Legacy in it's original glory in IMAX format. Rare event if you ever see it come to a theatre near you! The movie was made to show in that format.

#10739 1 year ago
Quoted from koops:

My local Imax had sessions last year. This is where I originally saw it when it came out.
https://imaxmelbourne.com.au/movie/tron-legacy-3d

I'm just hoping it will come back in Canada for some special presentation. Tron is fantastic on an IMAX screen..!

1 month later
#10769 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Cool, i'd probs take the drilled ones then as i'd break one for sure drilling.

I'm with punkin on that one, if someone has drilled holes that's the one I need!

Can you peeps wait until I've ordered? Leave some for me!

P.s. now, if somebody can remake Eli's, just scared it may stop working one day.

1 week later
#10790 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Balance of orders placed today will ship on Thurs.
Thanks updating site with more sets.

Just ordered a few things, you're out of stock on those custom LED pads for the pop bumpers - planning to make more?

#10791 1 year ago

@hooked, just ordered a few things including those chrome pops, you're out of stock on those custom LED pads for the pop bumpers - planning to make more?

3 weeks later
#10802 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Mine are in good shape but I'm considering picking up a set for later usage if needed.

There's never enough parts! Order now, maybe one day they'll be unobtanium again. You can always resell, new clear ramps for a Tron will always be popular items!

2 weeks later
#10817 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I want to give a huge thanks to Chris at pinballplating.com for making this transformation possible. He’s work is second to none. Excellent communication and turnaround time. Check him out if you’re looking to chrome out one of you’re pins.

This is a forever pin! Looks fantastic mate, just.. wow!!! I seriously need to start looking into taking my Tron to the next stage, like you just did

#10819 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Totally worth the money. I would send you’re own coindoor for sure. Save yourself some loot.

Shadow next to it with Aurich's, another fantastic game! Heaven!
AT4X09p.gifAT4X09p.gif

4 weeks later
#10840 1 year ago

Hey, as some of you have heard, recently there's been more than just noise about Borg working either on a Tron VE or some sort of redesign of the pin we all have come to love, including a new art package and LCD.

Anyway, we meet here to discuss:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming/page/17#post-7171863

See you on the Grid, programs!
Tron-Legacy (resized).jpgTron-Legacy (resized).jpg

1 month later
#10912 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Getting closer!
[quoted image]

Woooot! Aurich has created a real life Encom digitizer! Tronverse, here I come!

tumblr_o3bzuenFdg1s5hedko1_400.giftumblr_o3bzuenFdg1s5hedko1_400.gif
#10944 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Done!
And, I think the prototype will be done tomorrow. Once I check dimensions against the screen I will have the graphic artist change the ai files and send to cut.
We are moving forward!
Peachy
[quoted image]

Make mine a strawberry banana and I'm there!

3 weeks later
#10995 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

ebay.com link: itm
For those asking about a mini arcade

.. at that price, almost too good to be true!

#10999 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its a bid item. Final price is not yet reached so it could go much higher.....

I couldn't find the LE playfield actually..

#11008 1 year ago

What are we talking about here, the playfield being posted on eBay, or the mini arcade?

#11016 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning everyone,
I've received a few requests on whether I would be willing to sell my custom made Tron disc mod. Originally this was not my intent, as I'm not a mod maker, plus I live in France so cost of shipping might be high, but I thought I'd give it a go and check to see if there's interest.
Here is a link to the mod thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-disc-mod-open-source#post-6447444
I would need to know how many people would be interested, and what's your level of expectation (ie fully plug and play, tinkering OK, etc).
The problem is not the mechanics and electronics, well at least not conceptually. it's really everything else (ie documentation, production scale electronics that someone besides me can actually install, assembly, logistics, after sale support if required)
I have no real price indication, since I have not yet looked into material cost, but I would expect it will be in the range of $100+, maybe more depending on whether I focus on cost optimization (if volume is high) vs off the shelf board (which i prefer, I have an option in mind, but it will be slightly more costly - but more easily installed)

Pm sent

#11020 1 year ago

Fun mod - stoked!

#11031 1 year ago

Looking forward to the disc mod.
I am getting my 3d printer sooner than expected so I might be able to play with things, that said my plate is full!
Tron mini arcade mod is going forward full force, while I re shuffle my line up to make it better…
I got very lucky and somebody local traded one of my games in my collection for it.
It has had one owner and a very light life. Still running incandescent lights and old code showing 250 plays
Dont hate me for it. Be happy for me.
Saltimbanco will play it soon and I hope it is up to his standards.
Stoked!![quoted image]

lol, the Pro next to the LE is such a beautiful thing! Like I said, why only have one Tron when you can have two!
Until Tron VE gets here, that is..!

1 month later
#11138 1 year ago
Quoted from usul27:

Sure, just PM me. I have a lot ready that can be used directly, but a bit more hardware and a lot more software is needed.
I just want to make sure the software will be open source.

Pin_Fandango would absolutely be the guy to make this happen and coordinate this. He currently has Tron Pro and Tron LE (because, two Tron is better than one, right? ). He's also coming up with the mini arcade version 5.0 - very attention to details, rather a bit OCD, lol, which is much needed to create quality mods. We need this to happen. We all love Tron which is THE game to mod the heck out of!

3 weeks later
#11225 1 year ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Glad this thread still rollin! Just wanted to say Hi to you TRON crazies!

Things gonna get even crazier when you see that Tron VE roll in!

#11228 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

centerflank , can you please change the damn name of this thread to something more tronish , that anchorman throwback is blech

anchorman-steve-carell.gifanchorman-steve-carell.gif
2 weeks later
#11275 1 year ago

yup, still not enough, lol. I am not selling but if the right offer comes along you never know. lol
I will never be able to replace it.

I saw his Tron LE, it's in perfect shape. Like, perfect - the playfield and ramps are immaculate. Tron is one of those games that has more than kept its value anyway, and one of those games you can have instant fun with.

2 months later
#11342 11 months ago

Thanks for sharing this news on a Tron thread.

#11348 11 months ago
Quoted from Gman3:

Tron makeover ….

Something I will need to do myself.. just want to keep it with the original finish a bit longer!

#11349 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Probably shouldn't mention this then either.

Blasphemy! Lol

2 weeks later
#11363 10 months ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

I was excited to read this and immediately followed the link...
Page Not Found
Product '' is not available at this time.

Must have sold out fast.

Contact them and put your name on a list - if it sold out that fast, they'll make more..

1 week later
#11390 10 months ago
Never heard back and I had indicated I was interested. Maybe it's still in the works or he could not find an affordable printer..

#11391 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey all. I effed up my tron le pretty bad. Long story short, I was setting up a new game next to tron and a stripped leg bolt caused it to fall into the left side of Tron and scraped the left body decal.
I’m distraught. If anyone needs amazing karma, and has a stockpiled left cab (or whole set) they would sell me, I would be so grateful.

You want to put decals on a silked screened? It's going to mess up the game's Zen, man! Maybe you can 'try' to fix the damage, ask someone that is good at this or look over Pinside for solutions. Pics?

#11393 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I didn’t even realize it was silkscreened. Totally different beast, and frankly makes my situation worse I guess. This is as it stands with zero touch up or even wiped clean. The bottom half definitely that’s a slight indentation. Upper part is smooth. Maybe able to magic eraser that?[quoted image]

Ouch.. yup, the beauty of the LE is having an original silkscreen. But it's almost impossible to fix. Just looking at it makes me sad, I feel for you man. Try removing as much as you can, maybe some fine touching up after with acrylic colors you can mix to exactly match? And when I say touch up, it's almost touching with an extremely pointy/small detailing brush. My first go to place would be to check out HEP... Paging @Pin_Fandango, he has the LE, used to have the Pro and worked on both games. He may have some insight!

#11395 10 months ago

Yeah the art on the LE and some Pros is silk.
Overrated imho for the crap art these games have lol so hopefully one day a better high def radcal comes out.
To fix that I can only think of two companies qualified, one is HEP and the other is TNT amusements. Probably Tnt is your best bet as I don’t think HEP is interested in partial restore jobs as these.
Good luck.

Yes to try TNT for some restoration work, agreed that HEP probably only wants to do full jobs, thou it wouldn't hurt to ask both for a quote. I wouldn't put radcals on a LE myself, I like to keep things original and collectors will feel the same way if he ever wants to sell his game. Radcals to replace the decals on a Tron Pro, definitely!!

2 months later
#11456 7 months ago
Quoted from eyeguypec:

Can anyone tell me where to find the Tron mini-arcade? Thanks for any assist!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mini-arcade-rev-50

Pin_Fandango

4 months later
#11579 80 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can you still get those aprons?

I don't think so, but you can always ask! And, almost nothing is unobtainium anymore with the community taking over when mods or custom products run out..

https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Tron_Page.html

4 weeks later
#11616 50 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Tron for Toy Story???

He did point out it was a mistake!

1 month later
#11623 18 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Tron: Ares movie confirmed by disney and has a release date. October 10 2025.
Let's start the guessing on a tron remake again.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/tron-ares-first-look/

Short poll here, voice what you want, Programs!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ares-all-information-leaks-and-pictures#post-8039481

1 week later
#11627 12 days ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Anyone know what this arcade mod is worth? Had someone reach out wanting to purchase it. Thanks!

Looks like an older (glued) 2.0 version, still really nice if it's working ok. About 320~350 USD?

The latest 5.0 version made by Pin_Fandango is 490 USD + shipping. Works even better with the kinks worked out, the latest mini screen and proper setup and resistor. It can be opened up to change bulbs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saltimbanco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=saltimbanco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.