tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 10 years ago

Tron blows. I picked my avatar because it looks cool. I bought a Tron LE cuz it looks cool. That's where it ends.

3 weeks later
#143 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

TRON is a bad mamajama!! One of the coolest themes in pinball with an unbelievable sound package. A great all around pin one of the best IMO. I'm also a modaholic and TRON provides the gift that keeps giving in that aspect as well. That said, I love lamp too why do I have to choose one over the other?

I've had my Tron LE for quite awhile. As such, I do go through periods where I don't play it that often. Recently, I even had a teeny tiny voice way in the back of my head saying maybe I should consider selling it.

So, I decided to fire her up a week and half ago to see if Tron was still doing it for me.

In short, AM I F*%king CRAZY?! Tron isn't going ANYWHERE. I've been playing it more than any of my other pins in the last week and a half. Still love the pin.

I know I sound like a broken record, but damn, Tron has the best sounds, music, and callouts in terms of how they completely immerse you in the theme like few other pins have ever done. There is no doubt that you are playing TRON.

Also love how the pin plays, great rules by Lyman that once again perfectly match how the pin plays. Deep? Nope. Can't be too deep with this type of layout and relatively short ball times and the randomness of the disc. Getting to Portal isn't easy. I did it for only the third time since the update the other night. And damn, Portal is COOL!

Sea of Simulation is one of the best mini wizard modes ever in my opinion too.

How cool is the start up of Light Cycle Multi-ball?! The rumble of the bass is too cool.

And yeah, it's fun to mod the hell out of Tron. The Arcade Mod is one of the best mods EVER done for a pin.

Hard to believe that I still love this pin this much, after this long.

"Behold, the son of our maker"!

#151 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Tron does rule, what RobT just wrote, gave me a woody...

The video that BrettButler posted with the Tron girl gave me a woody!

1 week later
#242 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Those target decals are too much for me. However who is selling the stainless steel coin door decal?
pappy

I have the target decals on my LE and I do NOT recommend them. It has nothing to do with cost, it is the fact that they *will* start to wear and look like crap. One of mine is coming apart.

Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I don't know but I don't like that Flynn sign. Looks out of place to me.

I agree, I've never been much of a fan of the Flynn sign. Seems out of proportion. And yes, I've seen it in person.

#251 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

guess you didnt have your bifocals on

Sad thing is that I am actually getting closer to the point where I need them!

I know I'm in the minority on the Flynn sign. I have friends that have/had it on theirs too. It just doesn't quite work for me.

Where do you guys get the colored plastic that goes under the Recognizer?

#254 10 years ago

Crap, I already have the plastic glow kit from Curly at LSOG. I don't want to pay $45.00 for an entire kit.

I wonder if Pinbits would sell just the Recognizer plastic by itself?

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What do ya'll think?

I think I'm glad I have the LE.

#286 10 years ago

Who sells the Blue Stern DMD?

Quoted from hassanchop:

MU-HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

That is a SICK score!

#290 10 years ago

Anyone have pics of their Tron with star posts installed? What color? (should I even have to ask what color?)

#293 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Umm did you see mine above?

Well, now, that's embarrassing!

Looks good. Do you put star posts under any other plastics other than the slings?

#302 10 years ago

2 weeks later
#474 10 years ago

I just got to Portal on Tron LE.

Also got to Daft Punk Multiball.

This pin is not easy for me. This is only the third time I've got to Portal since the code update (which actually made it easier to get there).

Damn, I do love this pin. Yes, more than lamp!

#476 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

A HUGE cauldron of win. Congrats Rob!

Thanks my Tron LE buddy!

I meant to add that the fact that this pin is hard (for me), it helps prevent it from getting old and keeps me coming back for more. I was giddy like a teenager when I got to Portal today! And the start of Portal is freaking COOL!

1 week later
#556 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Sounds interesting, can't wait to see it!
I got my future topper today... going to assemble it later

Where the heck did you get *that*?!

#558 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

ebay, here's a video of one in action, I'm gonna do the base for mine differently though...
http://www.youtube.com/embed/zhhGhVbVYF8?autoplay=1&rel=0

Cool. I assume that you will tie this into the game somehow so it turns on when the pin is on (no batteries)?

3 months later
#1279 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Never happened on my LE either.

It's happened on my LE several times. Frustrating when it happens.

#1280 10 years ago

Well, I had one of my best games ever on my Tron LE last night. I got to Portal on my first ball! Never done that before. But more importantly, for the first time ever, I actually did good during Portal! Kept it going for quite awhile, and kept getting the add-a-ball. Unfortunately, I don't think that I managed to get the Portal Jackpot though (never head a call out for it and my total Portal score was only 22 million.

The other big deal was that I got a 10x bonus multiplier (Gem shot) and scored a 30 million point bonus after that first ball. Does anyone know if the multiplier maxes out at 10x? This was by far the biggest bonus I've ever got.

Continued to play well, and I only needed to complete LCMB and I would have been to Portal twice in one game, but I drained the last ball with LCMB lit!

Tron score.JPGTron score.JPG Tron GC Score.JPGTron GC Score.JPG
#1282 10 years ago

It's amazing to me how much I still love this pin after all this time!

I have a bit of pin ADD, but man, Tron always pulls me back in.

#1284 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its because the game is such great eye candy, audio, and gameplay....The perfect storm!
My only 10 in the pinside ratings

There is no pin that I have ever played that has better sounds (music, effects, and call outs) than Tron, and the implementation of the theme is simply superb.

#1292 10 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

RobT, the bonus will go over 10x. Also if you drain with double scoring active you will double your bonus. By the way your discs on the speakers are not facing the same direction. Not sure if that's how you wanted them.

Thanks for the info on the multiplier not maxing out at 10x. That's the highest I've ever got it.

And yes, someone else pointed out my upside down disc several months ago, and I *still* haven't got around to moving it.

1 week later
#1320 10 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

@robt
and i confirm X12

Thanks. 10x is my highest so far.

As for your other question, I have Daft Punk MB set to start after completing four of each of the ramp shots (instead ofand Special to Extra Ball (Special rarely lights on Tron).

#1324 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rob,
When I saw your Tron score on ball 1 the first thing that came to my mind was.... I am not a good pinball player!
Heck I would be lucky to score that high with the glass off.

You have to realize that I posted that picture for a reason! I've owned Tron for a couple of years now, and that is the highest score I've ever had on ball 1...and it also turned into my highest score ever at the end of the game (which means I actually didn't choke on the rest of the balls for a change).

So while this score was over 300 million, my second highest score is just over 200 million.

In other words, this really was an exceptionally rare good game for me! Tron can be an ass kicker.

#1331 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

1 shot away from portal tonight and guess what shot it was I needed. A final gem shot to complete light cycle solid.

Remember, you do NOT *have* to hit the GEM shot to finish Light Cycle.

Left Ramp >>>Quorra >>>Upper Ramp (or GEM) combo completes it.

#1360 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Now that looks like one fine machine you've got there! Walked downstairs this morning and couldn't believe that it wasn't there, but luckily for me there's this cool looking machine I picked up from kamidave to take it's place
Had an awesome time driving up to meet you guys yesterday and drop off the machine, and glad to hear you like the machine. I got lucky with driving yesterday and the Coquihalla Highway wasn't too bad (just a few snowy sections). Always fun doing a pinball road trip!

trip 3.JPG 243 KB

Awesome! Welcome to the club Steve!

3 months later
#1953 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Threw some clear rubbers from PBL in finally, me like.

DSC08554.JPG 216 KB

DSC08555.JPG 209 KB

DSC08558.JPG 197 KB

DSC08557.JPG 135 KB

DSC08556.JPG 207 KB

Very nice. I have some in route for mine.

#1956 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I finally got a bunch of clear washers as well to swap out from the metal ones under the slingshot plastics on all my sterns. I dont know why they put those on there, clear plastic would be cheaper Id think, thats one cost cutting measure I could get behind.

DSC08559.JPG 234 KB

Dammit, I was going to place an order for those too and forgot. I usually wait a week before placing my PBL order to make sure I don't forget anything.

Then again, I did look for them at one point but couldn't find them. Do you have a link?

#1958 10 years ago

Thanks. What size for under the slingshot plastics?

#2021 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

same here

tron-zino.jpg 112 KB

I stopped smoking cigars awhile ago, but man, when I see pics of high quality ones like those, the cravings come back

1 week later
#2129 10 years ago

BSD, JM, and Tron are all pretty shallow. Go with the deepest pin of that bunch: RBION.

#2176 9 years ago

Are you the biggest troll on Pinside ever?

Or, are you the biggest troll on Pinside ever?

2 weeks later
#2262 9 years ago

Again, I find myself asking:

Are you the biggest troll on Pinside?

Or, are you the biggest troll on Pinside?

#2264 9 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Could 12 million karma be considered posterbation?

Witty!

#2281 9 years ago

Troll.

2 weeks later
#2329 9 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I think I got a 50 million bonus for skipping sea of simulation.

Yes, you did.

Unless you had 2x scoring just before hitting the scoop, in which case you would have got a 100 million point bonus!

1 week later
#2360 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No kidding . . . take AFM to freaking pound town, no way it sniffs Tron's dust and we have some ground to make up.

Some ground to make up? Yeah, I don't think Tron is going to make up that 2 to 1 deficit that it has to AFM. It will get second place and make it out of the group though.

#2362 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRON wipes its derriere with AFM.

Did you say something?

<drool>

2 months later
#2477 9 years ago

My Tron Pron:

#2479 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Nice. Yeah, it's just the total fkn shiz isn't it? I watched this a couple of times back to back even though I could just go downstairs and look at mine, lol. Insert colours looking pretty strong there.. Any gels installed or is it just the camera? I put a red gel on the centre Flynn insert as it is positively pink, and I was all like, "pink? No, that is not a colour that is going to live on Tron."

No gels. When I am taking video of a pin that is turned on, I usually drop the exposure by 1/2 to 3/4 stops. This helps prevent the lights from being overexposed as much and gives a little more saturation to the colors.

3 weeks later
#2511 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Is this THE Steve Ritchie » YouTube video

That's damn cool.

6 months later
#3204 9 years ago

Well done!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.