(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,262 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 395 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(556 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3863 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Thanks a TrON!

ohhhh duuuude. that is, that is, just..... I can't even.... LOL

7 months later
#5327 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Hell yeah man!

Star_Wars_1_Fan_Enterprise_2918_10_(resized).jpg

awesome picture man lol...

2 months later
#5859 3 years ago

just got tron pro with lighted ramps, flipper buttons, glowing plastic protectors and cliffys. sub hooked up too. i have been through a ton of pins. the two newer sterns I had, lotr and spiderman, did not make the cut in a big way. it might be a little early to say this but I honestly dont think this will happen with tron. its way cool and super fast as advertised. only one play stoppage with the arcade scoop thing. still struggling hooking up shaker motor (hooked up as instructed and completely dead) and under cointaker cabinet lighting(no clue what goes where as nothing is labeled and there's no instructions. figured black was ground and the colored ones you would attach to different flashers). also disabled that post that blocks your launch shot. I like the loop going right to the upper flipper on the launch but not sure if disabling that causes any issues with scoring etc. any comments/pieces of advice are welcome

#5865 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yep, leave that pop up post disabled. No scoring issues. Not sure on your shaker issues but make sure that cover isn't preventing the arms from spinning, try it in test mode with the cover off. Do not stick your fingers near it......or do but get video of it.

thanks flank. tried that. still no luck...

74f86e3ce0258bbf2857f2b0a407d898_(resized).jpg

#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Is the shaker disabled in the settings?

i only found one area where the shaker is addressed and the choices are: mild, medium or hot. ...or something like that. in diagnostics>coils>#8 shaker motor. tell me there's somewhere else where it enables disables it. that would be AWESOME

#5875 3 years ago

btw I added cliffys, adjusted/oiled spinners, redid the shooter rod, put new pf glass on, hooked up the sub and... HOLY FUCKIN' MOTHERFUCKING FUCK-BALLS. never been so blown away by a game and I have had quite a few "a-listers" gameplay on this machine is insane.

#5877 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRON is by far the best subwoofer add on game, Ive played quite a few with woofers and nothing has come close.....

i need to check and see if there are some audio settings. all of my b/w games have way more punch than tron does and I jacked up the sub settings. i am not too familiar with the stern settings yet

#5879 3 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Well that sums it up. TRONBROS, motion to change thread title to "Tron: Holy Fuckin Motherfucking Fuck Balls"
Discuss....

as some of you know I am not a big fan of moderation in any form but I sense some may be headed our way shortly. Come on Buzz, we're waiting...

#5882 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree, and it's not even close. The shotgun shells on BBH sound superb with a sub but it is still nothing close the start of light cycle multiball.

are there audio adjustments in this system?

#5886 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hinges in my head or really?....you have me worried now.......

Customer: "How do you spell Tron"
Metal Hinge Fabricator: :Twili......."

#5890 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ashamed I now am....shit
Does it at least count that have TRON lit hinges already installed?....or must I now rub my eyes w broken glass as punishment. ..

ok now that the ball busting is behind us. what is the value of the cutouts? removing some cabinet for some light pass-through action? that would be sweet

#5898 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Make it an acronym
Tron: Holy FMFingFB

TRON: HOLY F'N M'ER F'N F-BALLS Let's make sure we understand this is flanks thread and will be named what flank wants it to be named...

#5899 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok.....just got home from work...redemption shots.....hinge and rails are chrome, so reflecting a game next to it ( not to be held against me...)

LOVE THAT! How hard is it to change them (both) out?

#5901 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think Flank had some bare metal and black sets sourced awhile back for guys on the thread. These were just laser cut, so you would have to add the EL paper yourself (look back a few pages). Gio @ pinball refinery may still offer in chrome w the paper included (that's where mine came from... changed the paper out as it dims over time).
Replacing just the ramps and hinges (without EL lighting) is pretty straightforward. Adding the paper? another story, and can be quite the pita to do it right.
If you are going to use bare metal and do the whole thing, prepare to invest a good bit of time and $$$, regardless.

thanks man. I don't know what EL paper is. I also would only be interested in the chrome versions. checked refinery's site and they are not on it. I will give them a call

#5904 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Centerflank was trying to get a group in on new laser cut tron rails. PM him about it. It was a page or 2 back he mentioned it.

cool. thanks man! I will do that...

#5911 3 years ago

Hey flank. after looking closer at the rails and hinges I am going to pass. I thought I might be able to do something cool there but it would require too much modification. reading your last post its all probably a moot point anyway. installed the under cab flashers and a couple of spots on the toys on the back (cant find the blue hallmark cycle) that are sitting on the new glowing edge plastics. Looks pretty good. today the (next) shaker and speaker light kits arrive. Just ordered the anti dmd glare kit from comet too. Next decision is replacing the orange dmd. i've seen the color but 400 is too much. anyone here have the xpin in white? what do you think?

#5917 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Ok 400 is a lot but it will get you a great experience and upgrade to your machine. You can also get a red filter, mine has that and looks great. You just got the machine and are anxious to alter things but just play it first some time and then decide what to go for. In 6 month the 400 dollar does not seems to be so much?

yup I am gonna sit tight on the display for now. i just added a shaker, speaker lights and under cab flashers. i should save a few mods for later to freshen things up rather than blowing my whole mod-wad right now...

#5946 3 years ago

where do you buy the clear spinning disc rubber? my first one flew off yesterday. I had another in the bag when I bought it but if this is going to continue I need some on hand.

probably old news but i lit up the scoop with a 1.5 inch standoff, blue no-lense led and standard light socket for about 3.50 in parts. Also had an extra 7 led strip in red from comet that I applied to the inside of the motor assy to light up the motorized target cavity. 3.95. shoulda taken pics

#5948 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Try pinbalcenter.de for the clear disc. Some here swear with 3M adhesive to put on that and lock it thight for 24 hours, that seems to be the recipe.

thanks just ordered them! 24 hours? how would you wait to play tron for 24 hours? they must have two trons then

#5968 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just a note on that Cointaker light up Shooter rod.....the kit I was sent was missing the supposed sleeve one needs to convert the Stern shooter housing. Pretty disappointed in that. Made for more work, I had a spare Gold B/W housing that I sanded down and sprayed black.
It does look really nice though and seems well constructed.

not to pile on cointaker but I have only gotten a few things from them recently and every kit etc there was something wrong. bad shaker motor, no directions on under cabinet lighting, no cycles in my speaker light kit (back order, not really their fault). I think this is pretty consistent with a bunch of aftermarket stuff in this hobby but this stuff is all junk. all that being said the folks at cointaker were really nice which means I will buy from them again.

#5981 3 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Glad that preview includes you wearing pants.

well lets not get hasty...

#6001 3 years ago

thats an odd location for a pinball machine lol...

#6007 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Finally got my 3rd led flipper bat installed

you need an led ball now in order to see it lol...

#6034 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yep, these are the ones I've used.
Do you have a picture of video of what your tron looks like nosro?

single smd in the gi. twin smd in the inserts. this is a pro though. as I understand it the eli mods are a bit brighter than stock le ramp lighting

20160507_222203_resized_(resized).jpg

#6052 3 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Just finished ramp Eli lights, RGB board and under cabinet lights. I love me some Tron.

not a big topper guy but that is fuggin cool

#6070 3 years ago

thats a great example of when mods go too far. unless you have the rinsler welding helmet....

il_fullxfull.769918273_hf3f_(resized).jpg

#6072 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

nope, one can never go too far.

you want all that shit in your face while you try to follow a ball going 90 miles and hour around the playfield?

#6091 3 years ago

any tron-masters knwo where I can go to get directions on mounting and powering the hallmark cycles? I got one in yesterday and the other is in transit. i could figure it out but I dont want to have to think for a few days so cheating is a better option right now.

#6095 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Use this information to open up the hallmark ornaments and short the power button so that it stays on:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-hallmark-light-cycle-tear-down-pictures-to-investigate-led-replacement
After that its just a matter of soldering some wires to the battery compartment and run them to the accessory connector at the front of the machine (make sure you get the polarity correct):
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1802
You can get some ideas for mounting the cycle here (I use hot glue):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiring-up-hallmark-tron-light-cycles

awesome thank you very much norso!

#6163 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Just kidding, you know I gotta rib you for joining the club, even if you did so reluctantly.
Glad your here bro!

beelzeboob the copy-catter just got it because i have one...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Machine - For Sale
Cibolo, TX
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside