tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#565 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

Added these cool thingies on the top of the left & right ball trackamabobs.
Also put the sticker of the line parts on top of the sorta blockin' up and downamobile in front of the spinny thing.

modaddictron

Where'd you buy these?

1 year later
1 year later
#6372 7 years ago

Has anyone talked to Lyman about call outs for supper spinner, super pops, double scoring?
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6377 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I recall that thread. I'd like for Stern to update it with those callouts, and I'd LOVE for an update to show me how many disc shots are left. Waiting the 3 seconds after making a shot to say how many are left is nuts... But I'm also realistic. The Tron code and the entire game are amazing. If it never updated, I'm not going to complain to Stern. I'm sure Lyman already knows about it, and if he ever graced us with an update, I'd be jumping up and down happy (the first time I heard the calls on an LE I was surprised). But that is just writing on top of yummy frosting on top of a great cupcake. Tron rocks just as it sits.

Agreed with all.

For some not a big deal but some like me will keep games forever or decade(s) so a few even minor updates are well appreciated.

7 months later
#6802 7 years ago

I've had Tron 4.5 years, but have been a casual player overall so I have not got all the way to Portal been to SOS a few times.

I like how it's rules are hard enough but not impossibly hard to make it to mini wizard or wizard mode and have a balance of easy modes and more difficult modes.

It's such a good game for casual play but also rewards more goal oriented play.

I'm starting to play it more often and getting to know the rules and shots better and it's just getting better and better.

1 week later
#6811 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Made it to portal on a whim today after draining ball 1 immediately at 1,000,000 points. The only reason I kept playing is Light Cycle and CLU were ready.
Wound up completing EVERYTHING and skipped SOS and went right to Portal (awarded 50,000,000 bonus).
Wound up with my GC score but OF COURSE drained after 6,700,000

Great, I find it hard to continue on with a game if I suck up ball one. Goes to show you never can tell.

#6823 7 years ago

I'm not crazy about Jared Leto (I mean Suicide Squad was meh) but I really like to see another Tron.

#6824 7 years ago

WTF why does my autocorrect always change Tron to Iron? crap.

4 weeks later
#6899 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Mine is doing the same thing. Please let me know what you find...

Mine too

I sent a message about this

IMG_3027 (resized).PNGIMG_3027 (resized).PNG

1 year later
#8308 5 years ago

Does it bother you guys that there is no call out for super pops, super scoring, spinners? On the pro, I think the LE has that (is that true)?

#8311 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Yes, it does, and there’s no valid reason for it!
I’ve reported it to Stern 2 or 3 times over the last 3yrs too. Even to their new code/report email address... no reply - it’s never going to get fixed, sadly.

I was curious, I sent a note too about it (and a bug in ST) and never got a word if they even received the note.

If it's already coded for the LE (call outs etc.) you would think it would be easy enough to slip into the pro code.

#8319 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Hmm... seems like they could be swapped back to the voices then in PinballBrowser? I'll look into this.

That would be nice if possible.

#8320 5 years ago

Regarding call outs. I think it's interesting the different approaches used, like Tron has a call out for Quorra or Zeuse (etc.) but it's not talking all over the game.

I was watching Iron Maiden video and it was all the time saying "shoot the right ramp" "Shoot the left ramp" whenever you hit a letter it would call out "M" and it was also counting down the time by the second.

I think that's crazy. I don't have too much time on Maiden but it just sounds way too talkative.

#8330 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

in the meantime i bought some nib games

Hey that’s what I’m struggling with, can sell Tron for something new like Maiden but don’t want to sell Tron. (Unless there is a future Vault edition).

#8338 5 years ago

just played Maiden premium (great pin) but Tron is safe in my collection. Tron feels more organic (dare I say AFM-like)?

#8343 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Just made the swaps tonight and it works perfectly! The Pro sound effect lengths support the length of the LE voice callouts so there is no cutting off. It is much better, I hardly even noticed the sound effects before but the voice callouts and clear and crisp.

Great, probably was an oversight by Lyman or Lonny.

Could you make this available for share?

#8346 5 years ago

As I was debating to sell my Tron I came to realize how special it is, while I love TWD, Iron Man, Metallica as pinball machines. None of them come as close to the fusion of theme and machine as Tron. With the disc battle or light cycle modes you actually feel like you are part of the action (theme).

And the call outs are so great. I love IM for this too.

6FF578F3-8F96-41B7-9AA3-C8C77576B98D (resized).jpeg6FF578F3-8F96-41B7-9AA3-C8C77576B98D (resized).jpeg

#8348 5 years ago

What other music swaps did you do?

I’d love to have a copy of both codes myself.

#8353 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Can you really install LE code on the Tron pro? Does Daft Punk Multiball work and does the DMD change with it too?

LE code does not work with pro machine.

#8357 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

I wish my Pro had the same modes as the LE. Fukin Stern.

I prefer what JJP and CGC do where the difference is just bling.

#8359 5 years ago

I was just reading the rules from Pinball News review.

Has anything changed overall from those rules with the later updates?

I learned a good bit like the add a ball for Quorra multiball. And how to add time to the hurry ups.

#8380 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Id say it doesn't really "change" rather reverts back to when it came out of the factory new. It really just depends on which direction it was leaning and what it was making easier or harder.
ie. a U target leaning right makes the ramp easier but quora and gem (via left upper flipper) harder.
If you have had targets that have been leaning for a long time and you've gotten used to it then using these will make it feel odd for certain shots.

Do you have any pictures of this installed on the pin??

#8383 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Those ones will only fit on Z U or S targets.
There is a thin version that I used for the "E". The file is named "mk8_slim" which I just uploaded. I'd forgotten to upload it.
Comparison
[quoted image]

Are these sold somewhere ?

I’ll buy.

#8395 5 years ago

Any Tron owners rocking TNA in their collection? What are your thoughts about TNA?

I’m about to receive my TNA though it was similar due to music and fast playing although not as much flow as Tron (ramps).

One thing I dig about TNA is the color changing light show and the soundtrack really sucks you into the gameplay much like Tron.

6 months later
#8907 5 years ago

I will be listing my max modded HUO Tron pro soon. I’m on vacation now so can’t get an pictures but it’s got about every mod there is including chrome armor. I’m guessing $3000 worth of mods.

PM for details

1 week later
#8934 4 years ago

I just swapped my Tron for a nicer one that has clear disc. Am noticing light bleed into the inserts around Quorra lane. Is that normal or something that can be done to solve that issue?

#8937 4 years ago

Light bleed from spinning disc not ramp lights. Spinning disc has some lights underneath.

#8979 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

Yep, I've not tinkered with my Tron other than adding toys and adding the Tron cab.
Is there any you tube vids. I would be interested in getting some new sounds!

Important to have. Someone was able to drop in call outs for supper spinners, pops and double scoring. It was absent in the pro code before. Quote a blunder if you ask me for an otherwise excellent code game.

Not sure where the link is hopefully you all have that.

#8982 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I wasn't aware of this and I can't find the callouts in the LE code, apart from possibly one for the spinner.

It’s somewhere back in this thread I think.

Whoever was responsible for that part of the code must’ve just forgot because it’s not something that should be LE specific. Now you can tell what’s multiplied by the call out as it should be. If I get a chance I’ll look up the post where the updated code is.

#8989 4 years ago

I don’t find too much overlap imo. Maybe if you get thee at once. ?

#8991 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Maybe I did something wrong, although I can't think what. At least the first couple of times it always does another random callout at the same time like "It used to let us know Flynn was here" or whatever.

Yes maybe you did it wrong.

My Tron had it already installed but I don’t think that I have that type of overlap speech. I’m on vacation so can’t check it right now.

#9016 4 years ago

Just checked my version of the pro code with added call outs does have some overlapping speech but overall I’d rather have the call outs and have to deal with some overlapping speech than to not have the call outs at all. Now at least I know when I’m in double scoring. I could care less about the spinners or pop bonus.

#9033 4 years ago

Tron rocks, I have a heavily modded pro that’s probably as close to an LE as I can get with a pro but so wish had an LE. I saw an LE in California Disneyland and it’s was so dirty and neglected. Made me sad, thing is no one was playing it, the owner would have been better off selling it for low end LE money and buying a new game or two used pins.

I think Tron was the best Stern LE ever made, but I got back in the hobby like 1-2 years too late.

1 month later
#9085 4 years ago

I'm ok if Stern makes a VE, won't effect me. If Stern was able to do a Spike system upgrade to full movie clips I'd probably upgrade to that.

#9089 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just don't see Stern running old DMD games again. In this new market they'll look too dated. And updating for LCD, while certainly possible, seems like more work than a quick "let's run a few hundred of these again" vault is worth.
I think Tron is done. I could certainly be wrong, but on the face of it I don't see it making sense.

Stern has been making GOT and ST with red DMD displays of late.

but I agree something all new remake (like BM66) would sell more than a red DMD game.

#9098 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Quick game before leaving for work this morning. Everything but light cycle and disc complete prior to going into SoS. Finished Disc really quickly and only had two shots left on light cycle. My slings are fairly sensitive and outlanes wide open. Sling, sling, left outlane before i could nudge. The agony!!! Closest I’ve ever come. New GC at approx 95mil.

Better than I’ve ever done.

1 week later
#9127 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Nice score! I’m curious, did you get to Portal directly and collect the 50M bonus for not needing SOS? My son did it the other day and it was pretty cool.
Also, what do you think of Portal MB? We are having a hard time understanding the objectives for Portal MB (and I can’t seem to find a useful rule sheet).

Is this not good?

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html

1 week later
#9172 4 years ago

Tron Arcade mod is my favorite.

#9176 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The game holds it's own w anything currently out...Period...

I traded my Tron temporary for Iron Maiden which I love also. But I’m looking forward to get back to the grid.

I’m loving these newer pins with dense deep rules but Tron is one of the better short rule pins.

8 months later
#9452 3 years ago

Question, where should the scoop shoot the ball to? Right or left flipper??

#9454 3 years ago

cool that's what mine does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.