tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6838 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Yo mama so fat, she ride a heavy cycle.
Yo mama got so fat, I didn't even recognizer.

Yo mama so fat, she can eat a Big Mac with one Byte!

2 months later
#7015 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just bought a NIB Tron LE. Should I just open it and use it, or save it?

Third option? Sell it to me?

1 month later
#7187 6 years ago

I didn't get in before your deadline yesterday, but wondering if you're open to adding more to the order now that things have been delayed. I sent you a PM, so possibly you can respond there. Thanks either way!!

4 weeks later
#7248 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Disc update!
Good news here hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest we will hopefully be seeing our little one discharged from hospital, we came off the ICU ward at the beginning of the weekend and things are looking good here, so fingers crossed.. At which point once we are home and settled back into normality you guys will be my first priority.
I hope these delays haven't annoyed anyone, when I offered to order discs and send them over I was unaware things where going to deteriorate so rapidly with our little one and we would living out of the hospital, my honest intention was simply to help out some fellow pinsiders/pinheads across the pond, order these and get them out to you guys asap, so again I apologise for the delays.
Big thanks from me and my good lady for baring with us and as above you guys will be my priority later this week if all goes well and to plan.

I will say once again that you are going WAAAAY above and beyond the call of duty by doing this in the first place. I wish you nothing but the bets of luck with your little one... family ALWAYS comes first, hobbies can wait.

I do appreciate the update for sure and as for me... no hurry at all.

#7250 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I also didn't expect 20+ orders for nearly 45 discs when I first offered so that caught me off guard

I'm assuming the saying "No good deed goes unpunished" is as true in England as it is on this side of the pond, right?

#7266 6 years ago

My guess is that both J85M and jasonbar will have no problem selling all of these. The initial buy from J85M went fairly quickly through this forum. I suspect give it a week or so and they'll all be gone. If I had known you were going to get stuck with extras, I would have definitely taken 1 or 2 more off your hands, but as it turns out, you've already sent me the tracking number for my first 2. Thanks again for all your efforts.

1 week later
#7306 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have also had a lot of new people pm asking about discs, I don't have any currently BUT I will do a bulk order again for people if there is enough interest, however I will require payment up front this time

I can vouch that Jon represents everything that is good about pinball. Communication was above and beyond for someone just basically doing a “favor” for us Pinsiders in the US. it’s beyond me why someone would commit to buying and then back out when it came time to pay up. I don’t blame you Jon for doing this with prepay for the second go around.

Offer still stands that if I can ever return the favor from a US point of view, don’t hesitate to ask. Or if you ever get to this side of the pond at a show I’m attending (ReplayFX, TPF), the first beer or three are on me!!

2 months later
#7412 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Thought you guys might like a mod I have been working on for a while. Don't forget to scroll down to the next post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-play-field-lcd-mod/page/2#post-4134041

Is it just me? Or are we seeing the birth of the successor to ColorDMD? I hope you have your patents and work affairs in order... I have a feeling this could be huge!!

4 months later
#7653 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I used 2x Xicon 280-CR10-3.0-RC, 3 Ohm, 10W, wirewound resistors. They're cheap enough that I would suggest getting multiple values to try. I tried pairs of 1-5 Ohms and settled on the 3 Ohm. I added connectors and just plugged in between the motor and harness.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Xicon/280-CR10-30-RC?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhQnyZb%252bcSQhYMJQhy5oStP3USc4tFqbPCBhu0X%252bhlkSg%3d%3d

Never mind. Figured it out.

2 months later
#8045 5 years ago

I would be interested in one as well.

1 week later
#8099 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Sometimes it’s screaming towards the flippers, sometimes it has so much spin that it will come out and head back up the Quorra shot!!

Maybe I need to work on reversing the spin direction of the disc so I can get it to head back up for the Gem shot!!

2 months later
#8339 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

just played Maiden premium (great pin) but Tron is safe in my collection. Tron feels more organic (dare I say AFM-like)?

Tron feels like no other game in my collection and I never get tired of playing it. There was a short time after I bought my LE that I was thinking I was crazy for taking the plunge. But definitely no regrets. Will be the last game that ever leaves my collection.

2 months later
#8555 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If anybody wants an external volume control switch let me know. It fits in your unused tournament button spot under the start button on any SAM game and wires up to your existing coin door volume buttons by soldering to the existing terminals (3 wires) or you can use your own quick connectors. I'll be making a few extras this weekend, cost is $20 shipped. These currently sell for $30+shipping at PBL and Marco.

Do you have a pic of what this looks like installed?

1 week later
#8600 5 years ago

Has anyone else listened to episode 73 of the head2head pinball podcast with the interview of Lyman Sheats? The entire interview is pure gold... at a minimum, I would urge you to go to the 1hr 24min mark and listen to Lyman stumble over his words when talking about Tron code. It seems almost to me that he starts to talk about what they are already doing, but catches himself and talks about what he would like to do if he had the chance. If this is true, I have no idea if this is for a VE, or just another code update of a game that’s been out for a while (like they did recently with Metallica... a game that was already very mature).

Any thoughts on this, @falconpunch??

#8606 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

They won't ever say anything prior to being able to purchase something new.
If you consider it from a business point of view you have one of your most important staff working on something that doesn't generate money nor help your larger customer base. Remember tron != metallica in terms of sales.
Remember what zach said about metallica. It was on the line for 8 YEARS. That is insane. That means that one single game is quite probably their most sold game. So a "maintenance" release on a game like that could be justified. A Tron update, unless they are planning an ve edition, wouldn't make sense resource wise.
Now, if a VE was planned they'd never say until its on the line 2 weeks away from a purchase. They never kill sales of other machines.. That's how stern have always done it so I cant see them changing the formula anytime soon.

No argument on anything you said... but humans will be humans and a slip of the tongue still happens from the best of us. I’m not saying that Lyman DID slip up... in fact, a pure transcript of his actual words probably reveal nothing. But if you listen carefully, his stumble at first could sort of be interpreted that way if you are the speculative type. Oh well, that’s one part of what these forums are all about right? Not trying to create a fuss... just making an observation. Heck, I’ve been wrong more times than not, so... “move along, nothing to see here” might be the best way to interpret my post.

1 week later
#8663 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Tron - 1 piece for Z, U, E stand ups and 2 piece for the S target
IM - 1 piece for drone targets and 2 piece for both whiplash targets.
I personally use the 1 piece for them all but that requires desoldering the target to get it on and resoldering the wires back on the target.

Where can we get these splints? Or does anyone have a file to 3D print them?

1 week later
#8685 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Anyone know what to do to reduce power on the eject coil for the shooter lane?
Mine fires the ball like a rocket, thank goodness there’s a metal bracket there, I get a super “crack” every time the ball goes to the shooter

Chosen_S i found a different, but somewhat similar problem... reading this thread might give you some things to look for with your situation.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-weaken-a-coil#post-1629714-parent

2 weeks later
#8778 5 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

new addition the arcade
[quoted image]

Nice quilt... will be a nice backdrop for Keith Elwin's next pin... The Golden Girls!!

5 months later
#9097 4 years ago

Quick game before leaving for work this morning. Everything but light cycle and disc complete prior to going into SoS. Finished Disc really quickly and only had two shots left on light cycle. My slings are fairly sensitive and outlanes wide open. Sling, sling, left outlane before i could nudge. The agony!!! Closest I’ve ever come. New GC at approx 95mil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.