tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3049 9 years ago

Decisions, decisions.........if you cant decide which, just go with both!

Tron 4-1.jpgTron 4-1.jpg

#3083 9 years ago

My new Tron is coming along nicely! I absolutely love this game! Tons of mods I just added custom metallic orange and blue combo armor with orange and blue EL lighting on the rails and hinges. I know it won't appeal to everyone, but I love it! Pics do not do it justice.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-759.jpgimage-759.jpg

image-556.jpgimage-556.jpg

image-977.jpgimage-977.jpg

image-615.jpgimage-615.jpg

image-415.jpgimage-415.jpg

image-651.jpgimage-651.jpg

#3094 9 years ago

So I was playing around with making the head trim match my combo armor. What do you guys think? Better than the chrome or too much? I basically just used transparent blue and orange vinyl over the chrome trim, so it is completely reversible.

image-714.jpgimage-714.jpg

image-648.jpgimage-648.jpg

image-837.jpgimage-837.jpg

#3117 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Trust me I want to do it up right! I may just hold off on the el and see how it looks with the LEDs installed. I really would like the new style arcade cabinet, but convincing my wife may be another battle all together! I did get a great deal on the tron however, so that may help convince her. If not I may be hitting you up for the old version!

Eli's ramp mod is hands down the best mod you can add to Tron. I had a hard time spending the money on it too at first, but after getting it installed, I can say it was worth every penny! If you are tight on cash and can only do a few things to it, Eli's kit is a must! I know you said you want the arcade mod (it is awesome, I have the 3.1 version), but I can honestly say the novelty of it wears off. The ramp kit on the other hand does not and adds WAY more to the game play experience than the arcade mod does. If I had to choose between the 2 it would be Eli's ramp kit, hands down. Just my opinion. Hell, I couldn't even imagine playing a Tron without one now. It would seem incomplete.

#3119 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

It seems to be hard to get a hold of. Any idea how long it takes to get them in stock?

Oh, that's a bummer. They must have recently sold out as they had stock a week or so ago. No clue how long it will take them to restock. Give them a shout and see what they say.

#3122 9 years ago

Anyone stateside have an extra clear rubber disc they want to sell?

3 weeks later
1 week later
#3201 9 years ago

I wanted to post this up here in case any of you guys didn't see it. If any of you are running a Eli/Pinbit ramp light kit and would like to control other lights along with it, please check out this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighting-mod-for-tron-ramp-kit-owners-gauging-interest

We are trying to gauge how many of these to have made. It will allow you to add and control additional RGB lighting via the output of your Eli/Pinbit ramp kit. Speaker lights, toppers, undercabinet lighting, ColorDMD, strip lights, color changing GI lighting, etc., the possibilities are huge and only limited by your imagination! Please check it out and let us know if you have any interest in one!

#3220 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

So, I have a clear Tron disc sitting in my cabinet. Have yet to put it on due to some of the previous flaking issues folks have had.
If I put it on, I'm thinking about buying a new plastic disc http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2539 to do a fresh install of the clear rubber with some 3M spray adhesive.
Any thoughts on this plan and the clear disc in general?

If you decide not to put it on, let me know. I'll buy it from you.

1 month later
#3443 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Taste the rainbow!

Someone gets it!

#3453 8 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

Can I ask what kit or lights you are using under the machine.
Thanks.

He is using Laseriffics undercab kit that I helped him modify to work with the interface board. That kit was initially hooked up to flashers in the game. He ended up disconnecting it from the flashers and hooking it up to the new interface board. That being said, pretty much any RGB strip light will work with this interface board. Something like this is all you need: ebay.com link: itm

#3489 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, hit the auctions. They're out there, people got extras, but you gotta hunt. I'm not selling mine, that's for sure!
Though I might take it out and swap in Clu for a little bit, just for a change.

What's the going rate for one these days? I might be tempted to part with mine. I just don't see ever taking out my 3D translite.

2 months later
#3774 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is my interpretation of the identity disc in a plunger knob, you could print in the polished grey steel and then paint a light aqua blue in the grooves to get that classic similar look. The knob is 1 1/2 inches at the maximum diameter.
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksshooter
tron_identity_disc_front.png
tron_identity_disc_side.png

Looks awesome Jady! Any chance you could move the outer ring closer to the edge?

#3778 8 years ago

You nailed Jady! That looks perfect! I'll be ordering one!

1 week later
#3832 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Alright, Im going to do $12.00per + actual shipping charge. I have 5 sold (I think) so pm me with your address unless you have contacted me already and paypal gift is my preferred payment method.
I know you guys think you can draw out your own glory hole's but its not an official TRON GH if you don't use these.
Thanks!

PM sent!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=nelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.