(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,262 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 395 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(556 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mxv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1157 5 years ago

Where can I get those flipper covers? Are they just decals you stick on the bat? Anyone have a photo of them installed on a game?

2 months later
#1550 5 years ago

Can someone school me in two things: The hallmark lightcycles and using a PIG 2 to control a mod/mods.

1: How do you wire up the lightcycles from Hallmark and how do you mount them. I have no problem wiring them myself, I just need to know the specifics.

2: How do you mount the Hallmark cycles in the game?

3: I'm eyeing the Pig 2 as it looks interesting. My goal is to have the Flynn's sign only light when the Flynn's shot is lit. My second goal is to have the Hallmark cycles either light during lightcycle multiball or if not possible, to light when you hit the corresponding ramp shot. Can Pig 2 do this and can one Pig 2 do this and do the Flynn's sign? Or can Pig 2 only do one thing and require more than one to do more than one mod controlling?

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

1: There have been some threads about this. To my recollection you remove the batteries. Then pry out the switch, short it out, and put it back in. Then you connect wires to the battery terminals and close the bottom back up. It probably requires a hole for the wires, I don't recall. Then connect your light cycle to a 5v source and it will be lit up.
2: I defer to the crowd here.
3: The PIG 2 has 4 standard IN's, 1 GI input, and 2 Aux IN's for things like reed switches and external buttons. It has 4 OUTS and 2 Servo connectors. With non-creative wiring, you can connect 4 mods to 4 signals (switches, lamps, GI, motors, flashers, etc) and control 4 mods (12v and/or 5v). You can control a whole bunch of stuff with a single PIG 2.
4: This isn't a question you asked, but you're only an hour from me so if you get in a pinch I can always drive down and help you out.

Thanks a ton for the info and the offer of help! I just placed an order a couple of minutes ago from you. If you have any kind of instructions of how to wire up the flynn's sign to pig2 so it goes on only when Flynn's is lit please toss them in or direct me to any links to tutorials.

#1564 5 years ago

Nice score! So far my best is 187M

#1577 5 years ago

I've been to portal quite a few times but I have never completed it.

#1585 5 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

There is another one: Get the ball down to the right inlanes and quickly shoot the left ramp.
Never heard of a super skill shot. But you can hit Gem with a plunge... and that feels super

I always try to hit Gem on the plunge and if I miss it is fine as it awards that right light cycle shot so I'm one closer to starting LC multiball.

#1592 5 years ago

I think since I've owned the game I've only had it give me or saw it give extra ball maybe 3 times total. It's super rare to get that award, at least on my machine which is set to factory settings.

2 months later
#2011 5 years ago

Release the button only half way when cradling and you will only lower the upper flipper.

1 week later
#2109 5 years ago

anywhere on the wood that's right near the scoop opening will work

3 years later
#7065 2 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

I don't. I figure when Borg was working with the whitewood and making adjustments, the bubble would have to be the reference point. If it isn't, Stern should tape a note to the glass explaining what incline the designer intended.

6.5 degrees is always the intended pitch on all the games (stemming back to at least the System 11 days).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mxv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside