Yes, I would recommend pulling out the motor. It is not hard to do. I did it.
1. Remove the screws to 4 of the lamps
2. Unplug the motor power connector
3. Remove the (4 I believe) screws to the motor
4. Remove the pad using wet cloth with alcohol. Wipe all previous adhesive off.
5. Reapply new pad after it is all dry.
I have noticed the motor gets dust in it and makes a louder noise. Since you have the motor out, I would recommend cleaning the motor. It’s not hard for you to do. You need an Allen wrench and a hex driver. When you remove the plastic disc then spray cleaner and lubricant. Let it air out for 24 hrs and then reassemble.