(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,262 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 395 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(556 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2921 4 years ago

Spent a few hours cleaning and waxing my Tron for the first time yesterday. Also popped in a Cliffy protector on the scoop. Not sure how I did it, but I blew the F10 fuse and didn't have any spares. Thankfully RadioShack had them in stock. Love how fast it is now. Think I've gotta find a 3-D translite. Probably no chance Bay Area will get them back in at $150?

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeguypec:

Has anyone had problems with the transistors blowing on the I/O board? I've now had to replace a transistor for a flasher and one for the right flipper.

Getting ready to replace one for my back panel flashers. There was an obvious short which apparently caused the failure. Researching my failure, came across a few mentions of users keeping the flipper energized for prolonged periods (a few minutes) also causing transistor failure.

2 weeks later
#2970 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

some tech help for my pro please - blowing F10 every time I turn it on. I'm still learning schematics - so had a look at the manual on the Stern website (because you don't get manuals nowadays unless it a bloody LE). Tested resistance on the flipper coils, ball eject and autolaunch- and all over 4. Anything else I should check?

Chech the back panel flashers. Had the same problem a couple weeks ago. Broken solder joint on one of the flashers. Also had to replace a transistor. If your flashers are the problem and they are stuck on after the repair, turn the pin off ASAP. They will melt things.

#2974 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thanks. Tried that, even disconnected all the flasher connections under the playfield, but F10 still pops as soon as I close the coin door. Went to the test menu to test each coil individually, but won't let me close the door/depress the switch without tripping.

The troubleshooting suggestions posted by markmon and empty-m in this thread would seem to be relevant.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/detecting-short-in-new-star-trek-machine

2 months later
#3322 4 years ago
Quoted from Jawa:

Makes me wonder if Stern had bad batch of posts, ours is #313 if anyone with one close to ours could check on their posts it'd be nice to know what you find.

Makes me think of my RS. I've got rust where rust simply should not be.....

#3342 4 years ago

Chrome as a complete package looks really nice.

2 months later
#3686 4 years ago

Has anyone experimented with making their own clear disc rubber?

2 weeks later
#3759 4 years ago

You can probably make 20 of these things from a $20 sheet of silicon. Can't be that difficult to cut 2 circles right?

3 weeks later
#4015 4 years ago

Has anyone tried waxing the clear rubber to reduce the grip? These black streaks are killing me, but I'm afraid I'll be the poor shmuck who breaks something expensive if the ball is flying around like I see in the vids.

#4042 4 years ago

Have any of you guys experienced lifting inserts yet? Waxing my Tron tonight, my extra ball insert has a hell of a lip.

#4045 4 years ago

Freshly waxed Tron with new balls is so much better than dirty Tron. I need to hook up my sub......

#4062 4 years ago

You guys kick my butt. I was feeling good about 69 million that included ~20 million Sea of Simulation bonus. Anybody else hate Quorra shot to Gem shot to SDTM? What a buzzkill......

#4111 4 years ago

I'm picking up a BK tomorrow. Gimme a hug.....

3 weeks later
#4227 4 years ago

Have any of you tried upgrading the fiber optic cable on your Eli mod to the more expensive type used on the LE? I know way back when they said the LE fiber optic cable was much more expensive. Wondering if that is still the case.

#4232 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'm sure they cost about the same, but I prefer the clear fiber vs the frosted fiber on the LE. The clear fiber is brighter and looks great in the game.

My clear fiber isn't brighter than the frosted on the LE I played. I'll check my connections. No complaints, just wondering if somebody has done it. I think I'd prefer frosted.

#4257 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

just traded my POTC for a TRON PRO. I too love it more than lamp.

Score!!!!

2 months later
#4572 3 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

What say y'all on the fair price?

I'd try to make a deal with Gov for his blinged out Pro before I'd spend $5900 for a nearly stock one. $5900 is high for nearly stock. You will want the Eli mod and that is $400 right there.

#4574 3 years ago

Since he is your friend, what did he pay for it? If he paid that much himself and you want to avoid risk, go for it. My Tron Pro (3rd Run, Eli mod, Shaker, Arcade mod, Rails, Armor, Light Cycles, Sideboard Decals), purchased roughly 11 months ago was $4650. It was purely a business transaction and I know I got a good deal. If I ever need to sell it, I probably won't lose any money. You pay ~$6K for a stock Tron Pro and need to sell it, you are probably going to lose some money.

#4576 3 years ago

If he's your buddy, then you are his buddy. What did he pay for it? Come to something agreeable based on that, not what a new one is worth now. You pay $6K for a Tron Pro, you will probably lose at least $1K if you ever need to sell it. Not trying to be a dick, but that's a fact.

#4579 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You got more than a good deal, someone gave you a stupid good deal!

It was a stupid good deal, but truly I'm not a new pin buyer. It was a stretch for me to pay anything north of $3K for a pin, but I really like Tron so I waited for the price to come down and I stretched (for me anyways). Does anybody here really think $5900 is a good price for a slightly used, stock Tron Pro? I just don't think so.

#4581 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I agree that I would expect several nice mods for $5900, but what you got your modded Tron for is not representative of what the going rate is.

I totally agree. Mine was an extremely good deal. Just offering an example of what was possible within the last year.

#4583 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Guess my point was.....OP already offered his friend $5800.00 for it, and from what he said, hasn't been played a whole lot, so should be in great shape.....definitely not an amazing deal ( like what you got) but not terrible...plus he's staring at it, meaning no shipping, packing, etc. Probably sink $1k in mods eventually, and enjoy the hell out of it for hopefully a long time...

I'll leave it at this, even $5800 for a slightly used Tron Pro is a pretty terrible deal. If you have money to burn, go for it, but if $1K means anything to you, don't. If you are considering selling a shaker to recoup a $100, then a grand probably means something to you.That's the last I'll say. Good luck!

#4586 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

$5400-5800 is right about what stock HUO TRONs go for.

Really? Based on what? That blinged out pro should have been sold within minutes if that was the case. I guess I shouldn't argue, yeah $10K by Christmas........

#4591 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Lol because right around when you bought a friend of mine sold a blinged out pro. Guy paid right around $6600 shipped.

I never said the price I paid was the standard price. I very much understand the price I paid was extremely good. I merely offered an example of a real price paid within the last 12 months. I think $6800 shipped for a truly blinged out pro sounds pretty good vs a stock pro for $5900. Though I'd aim for tron pro + eli + arcade mod for less than $6K and figure the rest out later.

I wish you treated Kevin like you are treating me right now. You might have saved a lot of people a lot of money. Live and learn huh?

#4606 3 years ago

I appreciate all of your sentiments, and if I've helped produce the VE with my purchase price, then so be it. If I lose $$ on the purchase, which hasn't hurt my feelings in the past, I'll still have Tron.

Congratz! No loss if you never sell it and maybe no loss regardless. I just don't see a VE happening. Nothing Stern has done since Tron has topped it IMO.

3 months later
#5165 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

What are we eating on the grid? Brownish chili?

Dinty Moore?

#5168 3 years ago

It's hard to afford a nice high rise ColorDMD condo on the Grid without a few bowls of [blech] tofu chili.

California huh? Here's my go to for chili....

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/70038/franks-spicy-alabama-onion-beer-chili/

#5170 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I got a thing for Hatch green chilies but otherwise sounds pretty good! Definitely not tofu! I think I may make a pot this weekend

I play around with the chili combos, but that's a real good base recipe. Been using it for years.....

#5174 3 years ago

All this talk about chili put me in the mood. Still cooking but ain't no tofu in this. There is a bottle of beer from California though

chili_(resized).JPG

#5175 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

The grid is much better!

I'd love to have one of those. I just can't do it until I get the job situation sorted out. I did go ahead and get on the pre-order for the ES playfields. I'll live on tofu chili if I have to to make that purchase happen.

#5178 3 years ago

Dam* I forgot to buy a couple cans of corn. Been adding corn to it mostly cause it makes it pretty.

#5180 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

who puts Beer in their Chili?
If (yes), then which Beer(s) ?

Look at my avatar and take a guess....

#5181 3 years ago

Ok well I just changed my avatar but for posterity's sake it was Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

#5183 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

in Tejas, you find a lot of this as an ingredient in many things like chili, guacamole, beer butt chicken, mouthwash, ...

I will not badmouth Shiner Bock as I have a good buddy from Texas who loves it, but to me it tastes like corn. Hmmm???

#5251 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

image_(resized).jpg

Something screwy with that pic. Somehow Olivia's boobs look smaller and her head looks bigger. Please fix.

#5252 3 years ago

Double post.

1 week later
#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am already givin it the evil eye

It is a pretty pool table though....

#5427 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don't speak Russian!

I used to kinda. Let's see...

B Austine Tito Xorosho! Something like that anyways.....

1 year later
#6898 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Does anyone have a soft copy of the instructions for the Tron mini cabinet install? Mine is coming on about 50% of the time and it was installed before I got this machine. It has a resistor soldered onto to connector and I need to see if that was a hack or intended.

Mine is doing the same thing. Please let me know what you find...

2 months later
#7030 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

First one to use pin browser to play these songs wins a prize.

What's really cool is Trump has no f'n idea and Macron totally knows what they are doing. I like the French!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside