IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 10 years ago

Well there is always home use only. Derek sold his last week and it was gorgeous, so don't discount a HUO Tron Pro. Plus Elis ramp lighting kit is coming at the end of the month for those that don't have it yet. Good times!

Quoted from Gov:

Oh well, by the time I got enough saved up they would be for sure sold out. I guess I will just have to dream about playing one

3 months later
#1011 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Got it thanks!
Ps. Is Michael east coast or west coast?

East coast (near Reading, PA). He will also be at EXPO next week.

1 month later
#1248 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Are the EL wire kits sold by Kinballs pinball any good if you just have to have lit ramps but don't want to wait a year?

The wait is over. Kits are being sold now, you should be able to get one in a couple of months since others are getting theirs. There is no contest between fiber ramps rom controlled and static el lighting.

3 weeks later
#1399 10 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx for the feedback about my prob
pin is not more under warranty from time, even if P.P. is a nice guy, i doubt they send me a new one (but OK, its xmas time, i may ask, we never know)
and tanx quartergrabber, you're already a nice guy with the proposal, but i still got mine, not broken, just de-glued, and i still got another, the one bought/get with the v1 mod mounted in it
than, at the moment, leave it as it, or find something original, or... break the bank and get that v3 mod (but at the moment i really in love with these new bumpers caps, the full plastic set, and some mirros blades)
Santa, are you listen to me !?

You need an arcade cab in that area. It looks naked without it and that flasher will get on your nerves in no time! Id rather a non working cab in there than none!

1 week later
#1440 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Definitely one of those modes I feel I can ignore - it gets completed on its own in probably game ever played.

Exactly why we added a flynn ramp effect in Elis ramp kit. Start flynn, fushia color ramps glow and when you complete flynn, ramps turn off. Now at least you know when you are in flynn mode.

1 month later
#1576 10 years ago

Has anyone actually completed PORTAL on a 3 ball game? I've been playing my TRON for 2 1/2 years and only got to portal twice with no chance to complete it.

#1582 10 years ago

I played mine last night and tried to get this super skill shot that someone said they can get.
I could not get it. How do you get this again? I am able to get the 2 skill shots:
1) right of arcade cab over the right inlanes
2) hold left flipper up, plunge and quickly flip upper left flipper to right ramp

What the heck is the super skill shot?

3 months later
#2272 9 years ago

Stern ran out of 2 slot coin doors when they were making the LEs so they all got 1 slot coin doors. I know some people changed them to 2 slot coin doors to match their other pins, but they had to kick in the cost. This is the only time domestic games from Stern came with 1 slot coin doors (unlike export games which usually have 1 slot coin doors).

3 months later
#2480 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No gels. When I am taking video of a pin that is turned on, I usually drop the exposure by 1/2 to 3/4 stops. This helps prevent the lights from being overexposed as much and gives a little more saturation to the colors.

Wow dude it looks great and you have some monster scores there! Well done!

8 months later
#3385 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Holy eff I installed the pinbits kit on my tron today. My number 1 holy grail pin just got even cooler. What's next to do on it???

Whats next? Stop. Just play it! Youve already installed the coolest mods for it, now get some time on it. Greatest game ever!

1 week later
#3476 8 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

The manual in his picture says Eli's, which is the same as mine, but the kit itself looks significantly different. Was more than one type released?

There were developer kits (3 main beta testers and 8 more before production), then the production kits were released. The developer kits allowed you to modify the teensy sketches while we were testing Elis changes. I didn't see the picture you referenced or I could tell you right away...

2 months later
#3819 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

So it blinks in attract mode. What does it do during game play?

Every aspect of gameplay is explained in the colors of the ramp lights. For the most part 80% of the LE colors/effects are the same but 20% are new or different.

Every mode lites the ramps the color of their insert when started.
Quorra spins lite the ramps green ZUSE spins lite the ramps WHITE for a time.
Recognizer hits flash the ramp RED.
DISC BATTLE lights the ramps a deep blue.
Light cycle battles have 1 ramp lit BLUE and the other ramp lit YELLOW to mimic the LS battle
EXTRA ball has a different color, kind of orangish yellow.
DOUBLE scoring has purple pulsing ramp effects
SOS follows the insert colors as you progress
End of ball fires the ramps in the color of the progress ladder inserts along with the music.
FLYNN is a new effect that lights a magenta color and extinguishes when you FIND FLYNN
PORTAL also has a new pulsating effect during this mode.
18 second end of game RAMP lighting effect
ATTRACT mode has a cycling of the colors

These are off the top of head, there are more, but its been a while since I did the beta testing. I can confirm effects if you have specific questions.

This was the thread that started it all....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501

2 weeks later
#3980 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Ain't that the truth! Heat and Goo Gone weren't cutting it. I ended up clamping the whole motor assembly to the workbench, powering the motor, and using a piece of sandpaper to clean mine up.

Can you peel it off with a razor blade? I just want to plan my disc session effectively

1 week later
#4127 8 years ago

The first thing to install is Eli's fiberoptic ramp lighting kit. Everything else can wait

Quoted from flashinstinct:

Holy Hell Tron is starting to burn a whole in my wallet
Sub woofer - Check
Cointaker Red Tremor Shaker - Check
Hooked Tron Bumper Caps - Check
Pinbits Protectors - Check
Cliffys - Check
Light Cycles - Check
Comet Leds - Check
Pinball Customs Decal - Check
Recognizer Mod - Check
Titan Pinball Clear Rubber Kit - Check
CenterFlank's Clear Disc - Check
I think all I'm missing now is the EL kit and the Arcade Mod and I will be a happy camper and broke LOL.

2 weeks later
#4228 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Have any of you tried upgrading the fiber optic cable on your Eli mod to the more expensive type used on the LE? I know way back when they said the LE fiber optic cable was much more expensive. Wondering if that is still the case.

I'm sure they cost about the same, but I prefer the clear fiber vs the frosted fiber on the LE. The clear fiber is brighter and looks great in the game.

1 month later
#4402 8 years ago

I use GOOP for gluing cracked plastics and it works well and nearly invisible bond. Glue it and enjoy it at least until you find a replacement plastic. You may find someone else that bought a set for a couple of plastics and have the one you need.

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I had a plastic break on my home use only Tron pro. It's # "-09" it goes in the area to the right of the left ramp and to the left of the Quorra spinner (picture below).
I contacted Stern and they said they didn't have any extras and that I'd have to buy an entire set to get a replacement. Anyone know where I could get a replacement for just this piece?
What's frustrating is I have an entire pinbits protector set on this game but of course this piece didn't have a protector for it...

1 month later
#4636 8 years ago

What bulb are some people using on the TRON sling floods? I have double LEDS in my game but I still have the original incandescents in the sling floods (GI). These don't last long at all since they get hit by airballs alot. Options?

2 months later
#5029 8 years ago

Love me some TRON in color - ORDERED! Woohoo, can't wait! I wonder which mode will look best - DOT XL, SCAN, HIRES? - it should be fun!!!

#5067 8 years ago

I am curious about this now. Do some people actually look at the timer bars? For the bottom timer bars (double scoring, super pops, super spinners) the only one that is helpful is the double scoring bar. Not sure about the LE, but Elis ramp lighting is WHITE during double scoring, so the bar is unnecessary to me.

For the vertical bars CLU and GEM, again the ramp lighting tells me what mode is running and during stacked modes, we have the inserts and ramp lighting cues. I can honestly say the vertical timer bars are not important either. How many people actually use the timer bars?

I looked up the latest 1.74 readme for the timers. Looks like Lyman added the third timer (ZUSE), so now all 3 are present vertically.
- Fixed CLU, Gem, and Zuse timer bars on the score screen. They now all
initialize to full size when the respective mode is started and will
rescale properly when time is added over the high water mark. Bars have
been reordered to match the lights on the playfield - bottom bar is for
Gem, middle bar is for CLU, and top bar is for Zuse.

#5098 8 years ago

Does anyone know if there is another 12v auxiliary plug in TRON in the backbox for the colorDMD? I am using the aux power wire near the shooter for my arcade cab.... I thought there was another one somewhere I could get 12v?

Oops looking at the directions it appears the power cable from colorDMD has a Y adapter so it can route the power to the existing plug and the colordmd. Phew! NEvermind

#5099 8 years ago

Installed the colorDMD and selected medium blue SIGMA. Wow, the grid will never be the same
Easy plug in and it supplied the voltage to my arcade mod and elis ramp lighting with the Y cable.
Going to bask in the blueness until the color arrives!

#5103 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

You only have one powered mod? We'll submit this to flank for membership review.

Two mods actually - Elis ramp lighting and the arcade mod. Two essential components in the TRON club

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#5469 8 years ago

I think your right about that PeterG. I am weighing my options and the full color is only $120 more. Might as well have full color as I may change my mind in future

... and you get the 6 different colorDMD modes to play around with - scanlines, dots xp, hi res.....

#5489 8 years ago

I have a TOTAN Color DMD. Is there any tutorials on how to mess with all that stuff. I haven't had much free time. I got it installed and have just left it stock dots. Would like to see smoothing and what not on that.
I think if Borygurd dropped his price down to $200 it would just do the Blue, but at $280 its hard not to say F it and just do $400 for the full color.

Tutorial for the colordmds? Sure on the colordmds site there is a faq. Simple 4 buttons on the top,of the lcd. Left button starts the menu and button 3 and 4 will toggle options. Button 3 to save it at the end. No rebooting necessary as soon as you leave the menu the new display options are active.

3 months later
#6203 7 years ago

There are shortcuts to complete some of the tough modes:

CLU - 4 lit cycle shots or C-L-U in the in lanes
Lightcycle - Left Ramp>Quorra>Right Ramp (there are other ways to complete this but this is quickest).
DISC - During disc multiball 5 or 6 disc shots (I forget)
Quorra - 1 Gem shot
Recognizer is automatically done.

Quoted from nosro:

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a set of menu/hardware adjustments that better balances the modes.
For example, Flynn, "TRON" and "ZUSE" seem a bit too easy - I never do those modes on purpose, yet they get completed without me trying.

5 months later
#6646 7 years ago

Isn't this information in the manual?
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/tron/tron/431/Tron%20Manual.pdf

Quoted from zapp:

Yes, it is secured like you have described it. What I was hoping for was that someone could give me the exact specification or type of screw that is used to screw through the plastic into the recogniser so that I can place an order at some pinball shop over here

5 years later
#10852 1 year ago

Tron le included fiber optic ramp lights that were cpu controlled to change color based on mode and attract.
A year later Eli created a sensing board to determine what mode was running and created a board with fiber optic tubing and engine to mimic the le for pro owners.
The kit was a success and sold hundreds through pinbits if I recall. The kit is no longer available

Quoted from Ashram56:

Did I state single led? My bad then, indeed multiple ones. In my case, arduino controlled ws2812 to provide some control
Curious on these 'gameplay' integrated ramp light cycles, I'm not sure I understand what they are?

3 weeks later
#10868 1 year ago

It depends on which LCD the mod is using. THere were 2 different ones over the years. I just replaced mine (gen2) recently:

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x LCD TFT Display Module, 1.44", 4DGL/Serial (uLCD-144-G2) = US$21.00
1 x USB to Serial TTL Cable, 3.3V, 5-pin Female Header, 1.8m
(4DProgrammingCable) = US$19.00
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: US$40.00 + shipping $6

Of course you also have to program it too. You need the sketch that makes the arcade sequence. (Troncode.4dg - you can load this with the
workshop 4 IDE on the same website)

Quoted from dts:

Well, I love my Pro so much that I've been looking for an LE at a reasonable price, and found one. The only problem is the mini arcade lcd doesn't seem to be working on it, anyone know where to get those replacement LCDs? I'll be listing my really nice Pro soon as well, if anyone is looking, preferably in the Northwest.

1 week later
#10923 1 year ago

There is a teensy arduino that runs a sketch with logic to control the ramp lighting/colors. Each mode that starts has a corresponding color, there is logic for attract mode and the center ladder end of ball, multiball modes, game modes, 2x scoring and other events. There are 2 light controllers that connect to the fiber optic tubing and a high power RGB LED in each. I was one of the beta testers and it was quite fun seeing it all come together after several iterations of hardware.

Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
I have reversed engineering the data bus used on Stern SAM between the CPU board and the IO driver board. It's actually relatively straightforward, so I now need to build an analytic control unit that could be used to drive mods.
This bus essentially allows to detect flashers/coils/lamps/specific HW (so in the case of Tron disc motor for ex). This is what Eli mod for the ramp used. It cannot detect switches, as the switch matrix is connected directly to the CPU board, so you need a specific intercept board (which is what TimeBandit had been doing on his ramp mod as well), a little bit more costly to build.
Coming back to Eli therefore, since he's been using this data bus to control the fiber optics, I would really welcome information on what triggers the ramp color changes ?
We can probably figure out something or give the flexibility to end user though, but curious to know what Eli mod owner think of the current trigger system
Cheers

#10928 1 year ago

Its been 9 or 10 years but if I recall he does this all without the switches, just by sensing the state of lamps and solenoids.

Quoted from Ashram56:

Thanks, did not know about that page. Very well polished I must say, too bad he did not maintain the mod afterward.
What I find odd is the switch detection, does he have wires connected from his control board to specific switches as well ? Or maybe some inserts are blinking when target are hit (Zuse, Quorra spinner, etc) and he uses that to track hits

#10929 1 year ago

Sorry I don't know what LED he used in each engine. I know there is a big heat sync on each (at least the ones I have).

Quoted from Ashram56:

Would you know by chance what power is each RGB diffuser ? I have a 2W, a 5W and a 10W emitter. The latter is probably WAY overkill (and expensive), the 2W seems on the low side, so the 5W seems the best bet, although slightly big. I'm also curious to know if the PCB of the emitter is mounted perpendicular to the playfield, or is it flat with a mirror (since the led would be facing upward in that case).
It's good to see you can achieve mode detection just using the insert/coils, we will need to build a table to reflect what color the fiber need to be depending on which insert combination

3 weeks later
#10998 1 year ago

Its a bid item. Final price is not yet reached so it could go much higher.....

Quoted from wolffcub:

Dang why so cheap?

1 month later
#11111 1 year ago

solenoids (flashers) are also sensed with elis board. we needed that to figure out some of the modes.

Quoted from Ashram56:

I'm fully aware of that. I'm actually recreating that bus analyzer to perform the same task. By the way, Eli mod does not monitor switches, he monitors inserts only, and based on this infers switch status - insert transitions between on/off/blinking, as switches are monitored directly by the CPU board on the lower left connectors, to which Eli mod does not connect. TimeBandit did have additionnal electronic to monitor switches
What I'm saying, is that based on the wiring, I can't really figure out the signaling used. I was asked in another thread if the control unit I'm building will be able to drive Eli emitters, and I can't answer that because the signaling and color scheme of the cabling is not standardized, and these control units have 7 wires, which is frankly two more wires than what I would use myself (I'm also looking at recreating these fiber emitters). So they can't be repaired without having access to the schematics, and I think it's a shame.
On another note, specifically for the fiber control unit: the HW units in a Pro (both CPU and powerboard) do have the electronics to control these emitters. It's there, at least on my Pro, transistors are present (the emitters are connected to the Aux connector). But there's no signal sent (I checked with my oscilloscope...), it's purely a SW lock.
Fun fact: on Star Trek Premium, the code does have support for the Star Trek LE features (the side phasers), it's just missing the LED boards... (and a 20 euros control box). You can actually go through the test menu and activate these "phaser" lights, it's just that they are not present physically.

#11113 1 year ago

Do you have the connectors on the correct orientation? Here is a video from above that shows the orientation.

Quoted from MountZion:

So I took the pinbits boards off of the cabinet the tubes go in. Everything seems ok....?
Then I decided to swap the left and right board. When turning on the machine (before the swap) my left ramp would be lit up in green and the right one in red.
[quoted image]
With the boards swapped, it's now red and green.
[quoted image]
My brain is dumb.... Does that mean anything? Is seems as if R G B on both boards works just fine. (Although different hues of the same color)
Attached pics of both boards' wiring. Does this appear correct?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Anyway - thank you for all the help. Even if I don't get this sorted out - you guys are amazing.

4 weeks later
#11210 1 year ago

if i recall the flashers work on the pro too!

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If you have an LE you can test them with the single coil test in the menu. #20 (Q20) FLASH: BOTTOM ARCH (LEFT) AND #21 (Q21) FLASH: BOTTOM ARCH (RIGHT). If you've added these flashers to a Pro then you will just need to test them in gameplay. Although Stern left the functionality for them in the Pro code, they removed the ability to test them in the Pro coil test menu.
During a game: They flash during various modes. They should definitely flash during the end of game light show.

1 month later
#11311 11 months ago

Try them all and pick your favorite.

Quoted from Riffbear:

Which setting is best for the COLOR DMD in Tron?
HD upscaled
Scan
Tile
Dots?

4 weeks later
#11338 10 months ago

Is the shaker a red tremor? If so I have this one in my walking dead and needed to get a rheostat to turn the shaker down a bit. I’ll check if I have a link to the instructions.

Changing software setting to minimum doesn’t change the shake intensity, it changes the number of moments in the game that it shakes.

Quoted from billsgto:

I recently got a Tron machine and it has a Cointaker shaker motor. Does anyone else have this brand in any of their machines? It seems to be much louder and a lot more intense than any shaker I have in my other machines to the point of being very distractive when it goes off (like a train running through your house). I'm going to reduce the use to moderate or minimum in the settings to help but I was curious if it was just on this machine or the brand of shaker.

#11339 10 months ago

Ok found the post about taming the red tremor.
This way you have an adjustment with an actual dial to make it as shaky as you like.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor

1 month later
#11409 8 months ago

Isn’t it the same backbox as your Metallica ? Both are stern Sam games.

Quoted from mbl1116:

could someone take a picture of the backbox lock right above the translite. My game actually was sold to me without one and the seller sent me over the necessary parts, I just don't have a similar game from that era to compare how it should look when installed

3 months later
#11471 5 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-video-how-to-install-elis-ramp-mod

Quoted from LittlePinner:

Thanks: Do you know if there has ever been a youtube video or some other explaining this done before? I am so very new to this.

3 weeks later
#11518 4 months ago

Don't worry about the battery it will last 10 years. My tron is still going strong for 12 years.

Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

I just brought home my Tron Clu Edition Pro and so excited to get into it. One of my first questions is, memory battery. I see a coin cell on the MPU, but there doesn’t seem to be a NVRAM option out there? I’ve chipped all my other pins but this is my first Stern SAM so I’m treading new ground. Are there other options beside a coin battery? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#11544 3 months ago

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.pinball/c/q7K304JTGHM?pli=1

Quoted from squirtbrnr:

What I gathered when I was reading the thread a couple years ago was the LE as released in US/North America only came with a single slot coin door. Not sure if that also applied to Europe or other export markets. This was a first on a machine and made quite a few upset to the point of reaching out to their distributor or Stern directly and getting a 2 slot coin door replacement. There were only 400 LEs ever made.

2 months later
#11599 26 days ago

I applaud the creativity in new mixes but I have never wanted to change tron. The songs from the tron legacy soundtrack are brilliantly organized with the ball choreography and the modes. Only 1 song was sorely missed -solar sailor. It would have been nice to have the daft punk segment from the le on the pro too but I have been happy with this game since day one release 2011. David thiels audio work on this game was brilliant!

Quoted from bjorg:

Searching for soundtrack on this thread, I found a reference to this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-music-replacement-work-in-progress
Worthwhile looking into. Sorry, but I don't remember if that is the one I'm running or not. It's been too long! Good luck.

#11603 26 days ago

Yes, this is the one I recalled and it did nothing for me. I prefer the original.

Quoted from bjorg:

Just to clarify, have you compared them or is your preference out of principle? I agree that the original mix is great, but I prefer the new one. IIRC, it added some Daft Punk that was not in the original. Sadly, as stated before, the details now elude me.

#11611 23 days ago

Go to sternpinball, support, download the last release of tron code ( make sure it’s the pro if you have a pro), copy the file to a usb stick and follow the directions in the backbox (behind the translite) to update your game . When it’s done and you reboot you will have stock firmware and the custom sounds are gone

Quoted from LordOdin:

Hello All.
I recently purchased a Tron and it came with custom sounds/music. If I wanted to revert it back to the original music/sounds how would I go about this? I did a factory reset with no luck. The machine is running the latest version, so if I was to try to reinstall same code, would it work and overwrite the custom sound code? I assume the original owner used Pinball Browser, to which I have zero experience on this front.
Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 49.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
12,028 (OBO)
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.