tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevinbuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2483 9 years ago

Today was a good day. I joined the club!

Better than lampBetter than lamp

1 week later
#2489 9 years ago

Tron is 1000x better with an external subwoofer hooked up. That is all.

#2492 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

But the start of Lightcycle, just wow.

Quoted for truth.

#2493 9 years ago

Put the Pinball Customs recognizer decal on today. Such a no-brainier mod, every Tron should have one!

image-115.jpgimage-115.jpg

#2499 9 years ago

Installed the Pinbits kit and LEDs in the GI tonight, then proceeded to hit Sea of Simulation. This game is pretty cool.

image-47.jpgimage-47.jpg

#2501 9 years ago

So I heard you guys like Tron.

image-743.jpgimage-743.jpg

#2504 9 years ago

Some love the gameplay, others not so much. I'm somewhere in the middle--not my absolute favorite arcade video game to play (hello, Tempest) but it's one of the best looking video game cabinets ever designed, IMO. Created by some guy you may know named George Gomez: http://peterhirschberg.blogspot.com/2008/04/mini-interview-with-designer-of-tron.html

#2506 9 years ago

I need one of those to complete the set

#2512 9 years ago

Made myself some new rule cards tonight. Pretty happy with how they came out.

image-91.jpgimage-91.jpg

#2520 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I have to see if I have any left, or the parts to build a few more.
I may have to start a waiting list or something to see if it's worth the investment to get all of the parts laser cut again.

I've been eyeing one up - thought they were still available as it doesn't say sold out on your site. If they're not available put me on the list!

#2526 9 years ago

First run has a plasma DMD instead of LED.

#2554 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Good enough, I'll work on getting more made over the next few weeks.

Yussssss!

#2560 9 years ago

I'd be down for those Hooked caps if they just looked like identity discs and didn't say TRON. Maybe a rev. 2?

#2564 9 years ago

Oh cool. Has anyone installed them just without the Tron stickers? Would like to see a pic.

4 weeks later
#2698 9 years ago

Got a Flynns sign from DK Pinball today--ran it right over to Tron to install. I kept going back and forth on whether or not to buy this one but I'm glad I did, it looks awesome.

flynns.jpgflynns.jpg

1 month later
#2811 9 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I believe I've gotten 9 a couple times when specifically going for it..did you beat that in the video? I didn't watch it all...
I like that Zen plastic, and the one over on the left too...who sells those again?

Pinbits sells the whole Tron dress kit.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=550

2 weeks later
#2854 9 years ago

I haven't followed Pinbits closely enough to know how frequently they restock parts. Maybe give them a call/email and ask?

Oh and I agree on the modding with this game. I'm doing the same thing and ordering a part here and there and enjoying the process.

#2855 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Now the only bummer is the upper images on the apron don't look as good as yours...maybe something to replace these might be in order?

Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, I know right? Don't think it hasn't occurred to me ...

Solution: Put the LE apron with the flashers on your pro

1 week later
#2883 9 years ago

Tron topper coming from Stern? Maybe. Skip to 9:20 in the video:

#2886 9 years ago

Does Tron have a cut out in the head to run a cable through for a topper like TWD? I've never paid attention.

1 month later
#3078 9 years ago

The blacklight backbox sounds awesome. Which translite are you using it with?

4 weeks later
#3187 9 years ago

Installed Hallmark cycles and lit recognizer in my Tron. Mods done by Mr. Do/Flashymods.

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#3226 9 years ago

Installed side decals on my Tron today. Super fancy.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3235 9 years ago

Anyone have an extra Quorra light runner car they don't want anymore? Kinda want one to install on my game. PM me if you've got one!

1 week later
#3272 9 years ago

Video of the screen in action?

2 weeks later
#3362 8 years ago

We'll be livestreaming Tron tomorrow night (8 Eastern) on our Twitch channel and our guest will be Pinside's own Breaking_Dad (aka Joey). Follow our channel and you'll get a notification when we go live--stop by and profess your love for the greatest pin in the history of pins:

http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3379 8 years ago

I've got Hassanchop's decals on my game too, they're the best ones I've seen. You can kinda see them in our stream from last night:

#3400 8 years ago

Dig the blue recognizer! I've got a red one

1 week later
#3447 8 years ago

You are all making me want an environmental Discs of Tron now. I went out and played my Tron vid but it wasn't the same

2 weeks later
#3584 8 years ago

I got the Chrome and they're great.

#3588 8 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

You guys have issues with the chrome rings moving around? I've thought about using some double-sided tape or something to hold them in place.

Yes, I used some double sided mounting tape to keep 'em in place. Same stuff I used to mount my Hallmark cycles, it's the best: http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Exterior-Mounting-1-Inch-60-Inch/dp/B00004Z4BV/

Just a small bit behind the side opposite the screw keeps it in place perfectly.

1 week later
#3606 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

There is a motherf...... EDOT on Dallas craigslist.

Buy that up. Real quick.

2 weeks later
#3649 8 years ago

I can get some pics of these installed on mine if anyone wants. They're great.

3 weeks later
#3733 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just did this for a mate, so thought to share it here, we are going to paint a bright blue paint into the lettering to help it pop.
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksshooters
hope to join the tron club one day, very cool machine.

625x465_3614546_11184603_1436699851.jpg.png

Any chance you could make one that looks like an identity disc with no TRON lettering on it?

#3793 8 years ago

I got my Recognizer and Light Cycle mods from Flashy. Turnaround time was quick -- I did have a problem with the cycles not lighting up but he was quick to fix the issue and take care of everything. This was a few months ago and the mods are still working great.

Just my experience, FYI. He's MrDo here on Pinside if you want to try contacting him here.

4 weeks later
1 month later
#4311 8 years ago

Dear Tron Pinball Superfans,

I'm looking for a good LED flasher to replace the one to the right of arcade scoop on Tron. I want it to be more noticeable when Sea of Simulation or the End of Line jackpots are ready. Thinking something orange since I've got the orange ZEN plastic protector there. Any recommendations?

#4320 8 years ago

Thanks guys. Maybe a blue incandescent is the way to go. Bet that'd look great.

1 week later
#4399 8 years ago

I had a plastic break on my home use only Tron pro. It's # "-09" it goes in the area to the right of the left ramp and to the left of the Quorra spinner (picture below).

I contacted Stern and they said they didn't have any extras and that I'd have to buy an entire set to get a replacement. Anyone know where I could get a replacement for just this piece?

What's frustrating is I have an entire pinbits protector set on this game but of course this piece didn't have a protector for it...

tronplastic.jpgtronplastic.jpg

1 month later
#4563 8 years ago

Tempest and Tron - I have those side by side too!

4 weeks later
#4685 8 years ago

Thinking I might do the clear disc mod since the black one has been leaving crap all over my playfield as of late. Anyone in the US (FLANK?) have any or do I have to import?

Also: Anyone know what # bulbs go under the disc offhand?

#4689 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yeah, I'm out as far as ones to sell, the flashers under the discs are a small wedge style, 809's I think? I'm guessing.

Quoted from jedimastermatt:

The clear disc is the way to go. You still need to import it as I couldn't find any US distributers.
906 flashers under the disc. I think it looks good to alternate the colors under it. Currently have red and blue; but, thinking about changing it up.

Thanks guys.

I ordered 906s and 89s just in case, glad I got the right ones in there Orange and Blue LEDs to fit the Tron color scheme. Got a new disc plastic from Pinball Life and grabbed the clear and blue disc rubber from PinballCenter -- figured if I'm shipping overseas I may as well grab one of each. Now just to play the waiting game!

#4697 8 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Make sure you add some adhesive to it. The clear disc puts an insane amount of torque on the plastic disc when the ball grabs.

Yep I've got some 3M spray adhesive at the ready. Been doing my research.

1 month later
#4760 8 years ago

Heads up that ULEK Store has made a plastic protector for the -09 plastic (the triangle piece to the right of the left ramp/left of the Quorra shot):

http://www.ulekstore.com/09_Triangle_Protector_Piece_for_TRON_p/triangle_protset_tron.htm

They also sell a set with slingshot/return lane protectors too: http://www.ulekstore.com/Slingshot_Return_Lane_Protector_Set_for_TRON_p/trans_protset_tron.htm

They produced these by my personal request. I'm going to use the -09 protector to piece my busted one back together. I highly recommend installing one before yours breaks!

#4764 8 years ago

Clear disc installed today!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4766 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Purdy
How's it play?

I wanted to let it set for 24 hours before putting any games in on it. I put it on a new disc and used some 3M spray adhesive to help hold it down. About to fire it up...will report back.

#4768 8 years ago

Just played it for about an hour and no issues with it coming off. And it's just as insane and fun as everyone has said. Plus no black crap on the playfield!

At first I was like--uh this is making the ball spin even less than the black disc. But then I realized I forgot to plug the disc motor back in.

1 week later
1 week later
#4908 8 years ago

We're playing Tron on Twitch at 8:30 Eastern tonight. It's got the clear disc and rubbers so I hope that's ok. http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#4912 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You have to watch this live or is it archived somewhere? You have a YouTube channel?

Live is better because you can hang out and chat with your fellow citizens of The Grid but it will be saved on our Twitch page as a "past broadcast" for like two weeks after the broadcast.

We typically only archive our Thursday "Bro, do you even pinball?" shows on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/buffalopinball). We featured Tron already but it was pre-clear disc and rubbers

1 week later
#4997 8 years ago
Quoted from c508:

(hopefully, SDTM so hard that it ends up back in the shooter lane)!

This has happened to me. So crazy.

#5100 8 years ago

Ready for the color code to drop.

#5101 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Does anyone know if there is another 12v auxiliary plug in TRON in the backbox for the colorDMD? I am using the aux power wire near the shooter for my arcade cab.... I thought there was another one somewhere I could get 12v?
Oops looking at the directions it appears the power cable from colorDMD has a Y adapter so it can route the power to the existing plug and the colordmd. Phew! NEvermind

You only have one powered mod? We'll submit this to flank for membership review.

2 months later
#5945 7 years ago

I think I've asked this before but does anyone know a source for the "-09" plastic on Tron? Mine cracked so I need a new one and don't really wanna buy a whole extra plastic set if I can avoid it. PM me if you have an extra or know where to get one!

Screen_Shot_2016-05-20_at_11.55.34_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-20_at_11.55.34_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-05-20_at_11.57.45_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-20_at_11.57.45_AM_(resized).png

1 month later
#6285 7 years ago

Man I need a Discs of Tron.

#6288 7 years ago

I moved my recognizer neon to its proper home yesterday at least.

#6291 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My Tron and tempest are in the same configuration!!!

Does your Tempest actually work? Mine does rarely

Guys I need HELP: My yellow hallmark lightcycle started flashing a few days ago. Blue is staying lit solid. Any tips to make it stop flashing or should I just embrace it?

#6293 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Lightcycle setups vary so widely. I assume both lightcycles are wired to the same connector, in which case it is likely something in the lightcycle. Things to check:
1) I assume someone soldered wires to the battery terminals. Perhaps this came loose.
2) I assume someone soldered or otherwise glued the power button (the disc on the back of the rider). Perhaps this came loose. Press down hard on the button and see if the flickering goes away.

Good tips, I'll check those out. Power button seems like the most likely suspect...

3 weeks later
#6442 7 years ago

My Tron with incandescent inserts was looking weak next to Ghostbusters so I finally got it fully decked out with LEDs and an LED OCD board. Now GB looks weak. End of line.

4 months later
#6681 7 years ago

The fluorescent tube went out in the backbox on my Tron today. Anyone have an LED backbox kit they recommend? Alternatively, anyone using an LED tube light as a replacement?

4 months later
#6909 6 years ago

I put my speaker panel and lights in last night. Looks great even without the EL paper!

IMG_8901 (resized).JPGIMG_8901 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#6914 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Hi guys im looking at getting a LED color DMD but after seeing how bright they are was thinking oh shit the glare must be blinding. I have the standard orange now and didnt like the glare so put on a glare gaurd on the screen and its perfect now so before i drop 400 bucks will need some advice thanks

Spend $8 on a Bent Plastic and you'll be good to go.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=363&pg=1

1 year later
#8818 5 years ago

Programs: PinballMix has created a custom Tron sound package remix for me and we'll be streaming it tonight on Twitch! There's some hidden gems in there that I think you guys will dig. We'll be live at 8 p.m. Eastern if you wanna check it out: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

End of line.

tronremix (resized).jpgtronremix (resized).jpg
#8820 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Will that remix be available in Pro and LE?

PinballMix remixes can't be distributed (they're only personally licensed to the person who orders it). But he'll do a custom mix for you if you want one!

Here's the vid from last night:

#8823 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

so does that mean they're licensing the music that is included?

You send them the music you want included and sign a waiver saying you own it.

2 years later
#10443 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Guys! Definitely use glue when putting new rubber down on the aftermarket disks. The surface is textured and will hold really nice with a bit of super glue.
--Scott

I'll second the super glue. I had been using 3M spray adhesive on the recommendation of others from this thread, but that kept coming off for me, even with a brand new plastic to mount it onto. With my most recent clear rubber replacement I used super glue and it's holding strong.

1 week later
#10467 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
I have open sourced my Tron disc mod. Documentation is scarce, as honestly I'm abysmal at documentation, plus I lack time
Video of the mod:
Github of the mod: https://github.com/Ashram56/Tron-Pinball-Disc-Mod
Note the licence: this is GPL3, free to use and free for commercial usage, but you are required to give credit, and to release any change (both HW and SW) made to the design publicly, ideally as a commit or a fork of my github.
Questions, feel free to ask

Love this! Hopefully someone puts one together as a plug-and-play solution.

3 months later
#10573 2 years ago

I had to buy a full set of plastics to replace mine. Looks like Pinball Life still has them: https://www.pinballlife.com/trontron-le-pro-playfield-plastics-set.html

Then do yourself a favor and get one of ULEK’s protectors for it to save you the trouble again in the future: https://www.ulekstore.com/09_Triangle_Protector_Piece_for_TRON_p/triangle_protset_tron.htm

3 months later
#10632 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Hi everyone,
I would be looking for the clear orange acrylic that I have seen on some machines, that sits on the right side of the arcarde, creating a "bridge" above the lane with the switch which triggers the Flynn mission. I'm having a hard time finding a link, would you have something ?
Thanks and regards

That was part of the Pinbits plastic protector kit. Unfortunately they seem to have pretty much disappeared these days...

2 months later
#10733 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I owned an LE and now own a heavily modded Pro (with the Eli ramp kit). When the LE's started selling for over 20k, I let my LE go. Don't miss it at all. One of the greatest LE's of all-time (since Premium's didn't exist). "Daft Punk Multi-ball" (unique to the LE) was a pretty big disappointment.
My heavily modded Pro has much nicer chrome armor and apron (Stern's chrome on the LE didn't age well at all). The higher resolution decals are also nicer on the Pro. I also prefer the "TRON" switch targets over drop-down targets (which is odd, since I usually prefer drop-downs). Considering the difficulty of making the GEM shot, it's easier to bank the ball by hitting the TRON targets.
[quoted image]

Who did you get your chrome armor from? I've considered chroming out my pro and yours looks amazing.

2 months later
#10776 1 year ago

I believe it's the same as the one that came in the toy set. If push came to shove you could get one there. For example: ebay.com link: p

#10793 1 year ago

Agreed, love the set on my Tron.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevinbuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=kevinbuffalo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.