Quoted from centerflank:
Thats very flattering but my pinball enthusiasm is WAY above my actual skill level.
1) I never worry about flynn being lit or completed, 99% of the games I play that mode is completed without actually attempting to shoot for it.
2)I do try to start ZUSE after I have Clu and Light Cycle multi ball lit in the Arcade scoop, then hit the scoop to start those 2 modes, then onto phase 3....
3)my basic strategy is shoot for Quorra spinner when right flipper is fed, recognizer/disc multi when left flipper is fed
4) Gem is the tough one to get, Ive gotten better at deflecting off TRON targets into gem and its a much easier shot when the 3recognizer targets are down
Hope that helps a little Geremy, check these threads out if you enjoy TRON.
Mind if I chime in? I might repeat some the same things that Centerflank said.
I've been playing TRON quite consistently for about a year and it's my favorite machine, by far. I've been to Portal about 20 times now. My strategy has kind of evolved over this time and I'm still looking for ways to perfect it. So far, this is what I have found to be best.
At first, I used to plunge into Flynn's arcade for the skill shot and the mystery award and then focus on getting light cycle and CLU at the same time. I then would go for everything else. Instead I now plunge to get GEM until she's solidly lit.
1) Focus on Gem and Quorra. I have found that I acquire Flynn and Zuse by accident during Quorra mode while making sure to get all 4 balls out into play by constantly hitting the recognizer. Also, you can do a quick plunge hoping to get GEM with each new ball but that's pretty tricky because you're focusing on the playfield. ****If you can activate Light Cycle, CLU, and Quorra all at the same time then you're going to rack up a solidly lit ladder fast
2) Look for opportunities to hit TRON after the ball rolls over the ZEN switch for DOUBLE SCORING.
3) Try to make every single shot count! Getting a little lazy and slapping the ball around just sets yourself up for disaster.
4) I try to not hit the recognizer directly because it has drained on me down the center too many times to count.
5) Disc war is usually the last thing I go for. And, during the end of the mode I try to hang on to one ball with the left flipper in case all the others drain. That way, I'm all setup to hit into the scoop for SOS. I've been burned on this sooooooo many times (not reaching SOS) so that's why I always keep an extra ball handy.
6) Study this breakdown of the game. It has very valuable info. http://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6a.html
I hope this helps.