(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,271 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by davidlldennis
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jp335i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7300 1 year ago

Hey guys --- I recently sold my TRON (to fund SWLE) but I have some extra goodies if anyone is interested shoot me a message.

1. Brand New Playfield Protector from https://playfield-protectors.com/
2. Brand New replacement spinning Disc motor.
3. Brand New set of Blue and Yellow Hallmark Light Cycles for Light Cycle Mod.

#7303 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sell that SWLE and get your TRON back

I hear ya .... I LOVED TRON, it was my grail and I had so much fun modding it but I did not enjoy playing it for some reason. It was a beautiful HUO machine and I'm blessed to have owned it but I enjoy SW so much more.

1 year later
#9039 4 months ago

SALE PENDING

Hey guys, i just (re)joined the TRON club and picked up a beautiful HUO Pro from a fellow Pinsider... it had a few mods that i didn't want on my machine so thought I would offer them up here as a lot for someone who might be looking to mod theirs.

LOT includes:
- Custom made TRON topper. Looks pretty cool i just don't have toppers on any of my other machines so it feels out of place to me.
- Mezel Mods Illuminated Recognizer Target Bank (new uninstalled)
- Color Changing Speaker Light kit w/ remote and Blue Light Cycle acrylic inserts.
- all wiring etc.

SALE PENDING

Let me know if anyone is interested.
IMG_3197 (resized).jpgIMG_3198 (resized).jpgIMG_3201 (resized).jpgIMG_3237 (resized).jpgIMG_3239 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9047 4 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

Anyone care to confirm that they have double rubbers on the inside of the disc please, on each side?
I have 2x 1-1/2" with 2x 5/16' i think on both left and right side. Just changing over to black so wanted to be sure. Manual only shows single rubber with the 5/16" shown on top of each post.
Cheers.

just changed my rubbers to black and can confirm I had double on the machine as well as in the kit that i bought.

1 week later
#9053 4 months ago

So, my TRON recently started sending out two balls into the shooter lane. it does this about 30% of the time now. Any idea on what to look for and/or adjust?

#9055 4 months ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Go into test mod see if all switches are on In ball trough. Is where I’d start.

Thanks, all switches in the ball trough do seem to be registering correctly. hmm...

#9057 3 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Reseat the connector on the through opto boards. Sometimes a flaky one there can cause it to fire twice. Mainly the jam switch.
Also, check to make sure the switch in the shooter lane is registering properly. Being a Stern I would be very surprised if the above isn't the issue as that seems to always pop up.

Thank you! - i will try this tonight.

1 week later
#9064 3 months ago

Anyone have the original TRON Mini Arcade they are willing to sell? Looking for a like new original one that maybe someone has taken off when they upgraded.

#9069 3 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Are you looking for the stern one or the original that plays the animated game. I have that one if you are interested. I'll need to plug it in to make sure it all works. Mine came with version 4 when I bought it but an older version was already installed.

thank you for the reply, I was looking for the original stern one...

2 weeks later
#9076 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

For all the Tron owners out there.... I am looking at a well modded Pro locally. I was ready to make an offer as I was told it had the Eli ramp mod (the mod that is most important to me as I love the lighted ramps). However, inspecting it yesterday, I realized that the lighted ramps on the machine don't change colors. It appears to be El wiring but not the color changing Eli mod.
Now I am a bit torn. Is the Eli ramp or the other Tron lighted ramp mod even still available to buy?
The pin is HOU only and has a lot of other nice upgrades like the arcade mod, Flynn sign, lighted cycles, blue dmd, flipper fidelity speakers, shaker, etc. It just doesn't have the mod I wanted most, the changing lighted ramps.
Should I hold out hope that Stern makes a VE with the factory lighted ramps or try to find an aftermarket ramp mod (if even still available)?

I’d say go for it... and try to locate kit after the fact. I wouldn’t hold my breath on vault edition.

#9108 85 days ago
Quoted from davidlldennis:

Added some service rails from Marco last night! Take that cheap Stern and your dumb pegs!![quoted image]

looks great - would love to add a set to my TRON ... do you have a link or part number by chance?

#9140 79 days ago

If anyone is interested in a Tron "Girls" translite, Great American Pinball has new, original ones in stock for $99 ... I was skeptical at first because Marco had these for $250 at on point. However, I just got mine in and it looks great.

https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/tron-translite

IMG_3610 (resized).jpg
#9142 78 days ago

Welcome to the club... nice find!

#9155 76 days ago

Probably a dumb question, but I've always wondered, what is the "Lightning Kitty" reference on the title of this thread? I assume it was something relevant when the thread was started 6 years ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jp335i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside