IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2316 9 years ago

1800 in 11 months? I think we had around 500 in the first 2...so....yeah. Nice work. I hate seeing a good pin get treated like a museum piece.

1 month later
#2413 9 years ago

Got my 4th "on location" Portal during our league night qualifiers last saturday.

2 weeks later
#2436 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If I had to guess its the plastic connectors at the trough wiggling, try zip ties or hot glueing, see if that cures the problem.

I'm gonna try hot glue on ours....and if that doesn't hold I'm going to solder the wire to the damn pins. SO..STUPID...DESIGN..... I have seen this SAME issue now on Tron, AC/DC, Avengers, TF, and Star Trek. Never seen a Met do it, it's the same bloody design....explain that one.

#2438 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My METLE has done it.

Am I supposed to be surprised or something?

1 month later
#2541 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I have to see if I have any left, or the parts to build a few more.
I may have to start a waiting list or something to see if it's worth the investment to get all of the parts laser cut again.

Oh sh....

*edit* ..../sigh...put me on the list. Was waiting to get paid on friday to buy one. >=(

#2567 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Good enough, I'll work on getting more made over the next few weeks.

Yes. Awesome. This will max out my PIG2 connections...I'll now have too many mods to control fully without a second PIG2 LOL.

1 week later
#2633 9 years ago
Quoted from T3mpest:

Need some Elis ramp Mods. Is pinbits the only place that sells them ?

Yes, unless you can find them used, but seriously who is going to have removed it?

#2656 9 years ago

Damn you people, you weren't supposed to post that until it was on my game!

1 week later
#2676 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

It does sometimes illuminate in unique patterns or when other inserts on the same column light, but oh well--I rather enjoy its unpredictability.

Because you didn't wire it "right", you're basically creating an open path around the diode. Probably other inserts lighting when they're not supposed to be as well on that part of the matrix. If it doesn't bother you, no need to fix, and if it does at some point, it's a really easy fix. Just re-attach the wire that's in front of the diode to the other lead of the diode.

So instead of MODWIRE----<LAMP>----<DIODE||>---MODWIRE
go MODWIRE----<LAMP>----MODWIRE---<DIODE||>>

here's an old graphic I made when I hooked into lamp matrix on my Space Shuttle for my custom topper, that does a pretty good job of explaining.

lamps.pnglamps.png
#2704 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just make sure to send it to a Professional that does great work..... in other words, not Neo. His tears usually get on the pf before he clears and causes fisheyes.

anakin_skywalker_mourns_by_truei... 956 KB

Hard to send a PF out to a guy that won't tell you what the price is lol. Ah well.

1 week later
#2748 9 years ago

I've probably put close to 600+ games on various Trons all over my city, and haven't ever FINISHED Portal, after having been in Portal at least 20+ times that I can recall.

#2769 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Best I've done is complete two shots (left ramp and Quorra) in Portal. Nowhere near finishing and I've also been there probably ~20 times.

Have been a few gem shots off finishing before. = \

#2780 9 years ago

Sweet, glad you figured it out. i never saw anything in my email so wasn't sure if you had gotten it or my spam filter flagged whatever you sent. Good diagram.

The function of the diode is to only allow current to one bulb at a time in the lamp matrix, without having to have individual transistors and wire sets for every individual bulb. The diode prevents backflow of current to other bulbs on the matrix. If you were to cut a diode you'd see other lamps illuminate at the same time as the one the diode was cut on.

2 months later
#2983 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I wonder if PDI glass will be available for sale at the Tx Pin Fest in March this year?

Extremely doubt that. If there was, someone would've been taking pre-orders to fill already.

1 week later
#3015 9 years ago

Just get a blue incandescent. They're pretty dim...at least the ones I pulled out of my Congo last night are.

#3020 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Ok so that's the other thing. I'm not so wild about colored GI
Yes I have issues.

This is really bordering on hypocritical. I don't mean to be real harsh about it, but you don't want an under ramp decal, you don't want LED, and you don't want colored incandescent but you DO want a colored plastic above the bulb which will do the same bloody thing as a colored incandescent.

Just take out the bulb, or put a resistor inline with it to drop the light output. Maybe try a 47. I don't know anything else you can do that would be "satisfactory". Maybe try putting some car window tint on the bulb!?

#3021 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

There's an extra sign-up form needed when joining the secret fraternal order to fill in.
It's usually provided after the public spankin's

Usually, hazing would have to be something the haze-ee would not enjoy. Just saying.

#3025 9 years ago

Woof, time to shop that sucker out.

#3029 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Come on down

For real, we will be in Austin this weekend. Would take me like 10 minutes to clean that up, assuming the backboard comes off the LE the same way it does on the pro. Not exactly sure how the recognizer motor mounts...asked a while back, nobody seemed eager to post pictures of it.

Oh, and I play a hell of a game of Q-Bert's Quest.

#3031 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Dohhh.... I'm heading to airport in just a bit to go to Lafayette today. Just down the road from Tigerlaw.
Just my luck

Fly me back that Lawman that's for sale there...for the love of god.

We'll be in town on Saturday for Ingress anomaly event.

#3041 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

. It tells you to place it at the bottom of the motor bracket, which I did at first, and I couldn't see the blue at all

I suspect that's because your GI is so blue already. Absolutely nothing wrong to moving position to suit as long as you're not shorting anything out. I still have incandescent GI in mine, about to put LEDs in a few days, so I might have to fiddle with mine too. In my machine, it's VERY obvious effect...like the red and blue mix and you get a bright violet flash.

Lab, if you have questions about the install....I wrote the instructions. And stuff. lol. I also have a video walkthrough on youtube.

(shows Pig2 control and flasher hit on my game..)

#3046 9 years ago

Also my red doesn't strob like that? Pig 2?

Yes, the PIG2 does the pulsing effect, and turns it down and solid lit when it drops down. The LEDs I used on my original one are just normal strips of NON waterproof 5050 SMD LEDs....commonly available about damn near everywhere. I would have to check to see if I used LEDs they sent me or not. I honestly don't remember, but there shouldn't be much variance in 12v blue LEDs really. Dumb question, but your blue strip is connected to the *flasher* socket under the TRON insert, right?

I provided them plenty of pictures for the install? There was at least one pic for every step....

aaaaand...I don't see them anywhere on the site. I'll talk to them about it. At least have them put up the video link.

#3047 9 years ago

See if this link works....should be the playlist for the videos...was wondering why nobody had mocked my horrible narration yet.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAaDMl0zPML5f7FXDOZ9UBqn6EDJZHmMQ

#3048 9 years ago

Some pics from the batch I sent them....

20141205_222058-1.jpg20141205_222058-1.jpg 20141205_213915-1-1.jpg20141205_213915-1-1.jpg 20141205_233739-1.jpg20141205_233739-1.jpg
#3051 9 years ago

You can probably blame me for that. I didn't specify to them which LEDs I was using. Let me check it out when I get home tonight and I'll see for sure if I'm using the ones they sent me or my own LED strips..may not be able to tell other than finding out which style of LED is in there for sure.

I don't even remember if they ever send me a final "kit" or just the last revision of the bank itself. The first one had some reinforcement bars on the back that required some modelling quirks that we were able to eliminate from the design to make it easier to print.

I would bet 20 bucks I open up my game tonight and it's held together with my alligator clip jumpers and was never "properly" wired lol...

#3054 9 years ago

Sorry, this is specifically for the Recognizer bank, or something else?

The "flash" function on the recognizer mod is NOT controlled by the PIG2 at all...the blue strip on it is completely independent.. it's wired into the insert flasher.

#3056 9 years ago

No, I haven't, because I didn't want to use all my inputs and outputs just to control one mod.

I don't know that there'd be a good way to do this without there being some additional logic in the PIG2's ability set. It's easy enough to have one thing turn on and another turn off with the same switch, but having them both be on and alternating...well.... not so simple. As you've seen, fiddling with the delays to try and make it appear it's doing something complex like that is not very easy.

I dunno if he's using a FPGA for the PIG2 or what...if he is, there might be more room to expand the command set to have an instruction that would be like

ON SWITCH -> Activate Mod 1 and Mod2 -> Play defined effect 1 time for mod 1, then 1 time for mod 2 -> Go to end, or cycle as appropriate.

IF this was implementable, I'd suggest a "MULTIMOD=" flag name for the config file, where the configuration would just be the output port numbers. So 1234 would cycle each port in sequence with the defined effect before terminating the loop or repeating. 13 would do port 1 and port 3, etc...

#3079 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This sort of thing?
» YouTube video

This is fk'''ing rad.

When is your board for sale again, and how hard to make custom effects on user side? lol.

2 weeks later
#3173 9 years ago

Love the MCP sticker...not sure where on the game I could use it though..

1 week later
#3191 9 years ago

Woo hoo, waiting for my "no keylines/printing errors" white playfield to arrive, super exicted, this thing is gonna be ridiculous in my game. Da_Topper just sent me the tracking number for it.

369371-i.jpg369371-i.jpg
2 weeks later
#3241 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Anyone have an extra Quorra light runner car they don't want anymore? Kinda want one to install on my game. PM me if you've got one!

Pretty sure I have four...

#3263 8 years ago

I'm not looking foward to doing a playfield swap on Tron...having to move all the ramp lights and stuff.. =P

#3265 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Do you have one that's that rough?

No. The Tron insert is raised slightly but doesn't seem to affect play. I'm modding my game in a very specific way, and I got ahold of a "misprint" playfield that I want to use in the game...it's got no keylines, and some ink smears and other oddities. The game I have right now probably has less than 1k plays on it total.

#3282 8 years ago

Robot Chicken strikes again.

#3284 8 years ago

At first I was going to ask why your apron was grey....then I realized you have that stupid popcorn crap on your ceiling.

#3286 8 years ago

Hahaha, no my ceiling is smooth. It is the crappy low Res pic.

Either way...apron ain't grey!

#3299 8 years ago

LMAO....just one facepalm after another...

#3302 8 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Guess I'll see what all the fuss is about.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Good move, human.

#3318 8 years ago

That's kinda bizarre...

#3331 8 years ago

Guys, FYI, Pinbits is settling some tax/inventory issues from what my friend told me when he tried to order some protectors and stuff for his LOTR. They're not going to be selling anything until that's done from what I understand. I don't think it'll be very long but that's probably why you haven't recieved a response. They seem to sell out of the Tron kits pretty frequently...I missed out on them two or three times before I was able to catch them on the restock. =P

1 week later
#3395 8 years ago

Cute. Did they do another run of those or has someone been hoarding one for a good long while?

#3398 8 years ago

Sh-t.

I guess I need to pay attention to KLOV again. I hate that place..

#3403 8 years ago

Dig the blue recognizer! I've got a red one

Yep, blue looks real good. I've got a green one.

1 week later
#3422 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I such cases, I believe the mode is called "Sea of Stimulation"...

"Initiate stimulation" - STTNG Cast Roms

1 week later
#3519 8 years ago

Still don't understand the issue with the LED strip. It's kind of out of my hands at this point, but never had an issue with mine..there's something else going on. I verified with Kristen we had the same type of LEDs. Looking forward to seeing a picture of yours...if you can get a good picture of the actual strip it would be appreciated.

#3543 8 years ago

Well, that settles that. There's no way I'm installing my "whiteout" playfield without having it cleared first.

1 week later
#3595 8 years ago

No wonder she changed it.

1 week later
#3605 8 years ago

There is a motherf...... EDOT on Dallas craigslist.

#3607 8 years ago

Buy that up. Real quick.

You know the crap part is I HAVE THE CASH....but there's no way it will fit in my house.

#3609 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

is it the one that's cut in half?
it was "sorta" for sale a few years ago in dallas.

It's cut in half. I don't pay that much attention to prior stuff... I don't read KLOV anymore and I can barely remember what I was reading there 4 years ago when I started in on all this short of Ken Layton's posts.

Listing looks like a storage unit or warehouse of some kind...lots of other stuff too.

2 weeks later
#3691 8 years ago

*deleted* Me read gud.

2 weeks later
#3768 8 years ago

You don't pay VAT....you're not in a VAT country. Yet.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3771 8 years ago

I think I have the blue disc...I haven't installed it yet. Wife is out of town next week and a half..I'm going to get started on cleaning up Metallica and Tron tonight...

#3782 8 years ago

looks like I probably tore my ACL last night, so I'm not going to be answering any questions about the blue disc for a long time.

#3784 8 years ago

/shrug.

Who knows...my kid tore his a while back. Right now I just want to get out of work (desk job, thankfully) and get home. Amazon Now is going to deliver me some crutches tonight, so I can move around like a normal human for a few days. Only upside here is that my off days are tuesdays and wednesdays, so I'll be able to get in contact with an orthopedist or go to an urgent care place sometime in the next 72 hours.

1 week later
#3874 8 years ago

Ya'll are nuts. I really need to see if I can find the one I ordered. I can't remember which one I had. I have doc appt here in a few hours to follow up on my knee but I'll try and find it if I can. I'm sure it's made out of the same type of rubber as the clear one.

I really wish someone would make a white one from that type of material.

#3911 8 years ago

Epically pissed off at myself. Apparently I never ordered a replacement disc other than a black one.

Oh yeah, and my ACL is torn, verified. Awesome.

#3948 8 years ago

Just update with the code off the Stern site.

#3958 8 years ago

The final nail in Tron 3's coffin...Boxleitner says he's over it more or less...

http://www.slashfilm.com/bruce-boxleitner-on-tron-3/

#3972 8 years ago

Blue disc is pretty damn crazy on the game....I made my wife play it last night. Second shot in to the disc area just hovered there for a second, and I had that mental "Oh CRAP!"....it shot out so fast right at the left flipper it just hit the flat of the rubber and went right over the flipper.

Plays better than new, IMO.

The set screw on my motor shaft would NOT come out. It's so bad that I put my soldering iron into the screw, left it there for two minutes and still could not even budge the thing. My allen wrench is now permanently torqued with a 30 degree twist around the shaft...set screw didn't even budge. Ridiculous.

#3974 8 years ago

Hahahahaha, I'm not the only one. I twisted 5 Allen keys to shit trying to get that thing off and no, wouldn't budge.

My friend said he had the same experience. I don't get why it's in there like that.

#3984 8 years ago

When I replaced the black disc with another black one, I acutally used a dremel with a wire brush to scrape off the old adhesive. I'm sure I removed some plastic too, but nobody's perfect.

Used a new plastic for the blue one.

So..I totally had a ball come out of there last night and I'm not sure what the hell it ricocheted off off, but it went airborne and ended up on top of the ramp in upper left corner.

#3995 8 years ago

I think the disc will calm down a bit once I clean up my playfield...right now it needs to be cleaned and waxed...the balls aren't nearly as slippery as when it's been waxed.

#4024 8 years ago

Yes a sub is a must on Tron! Get hooked Chrome pop bumpers caps as well. I personally don't think the Flynn sign is a good value, never made sense to me. Just buy hassenchops TRON pinblades and there is a giant Flynn sign right there anyway.

You don't get the sign, I don't get big plastic stickers, we'll call it even.

#4047 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Have any of you guys experienced lifting inserts yet? Waxing my Tron tonight, my extra ball insert has a hell of a lip.

The Tron insert on the playfield that came with my game is real bad.

1 week later
#4156 8 years ago
Quoted from eyeguypec:

How about this?IMG_3952.jpg

Are you f----ing serious... =|

#4158 8 years ago

I agree, the hand positioning is weird.

1 week later
#4219 8 years ago

Had a game the other night where I plunged Gem from the shooter lane so clean it actually went up the whole lane, out the left side, and out the left outlane.

#4221 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

How is that even remotely possible?

I assume you're responding to me? I have no bloody idea. It's never happened before. My best guess is that my game is leaning SLIGHTLY to the left. To be fair, I've been practicing that plunge shot a LOT. Every time I start Lightcycle, disc, or Quorra, I spend the entire ball saver trying to plunge Gem for free hits or in the case of Quorra, the easiest mode completion ever. Apparently I'm just *that* good if my machine is level.

#4223 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I only plunge for Gem.

TWSS.

#4226 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So UnTexan of you.

I was born in Dallas, raised in Dallas, and have been "left" my entire life in Dallas.

Believe me, I know exactly how much I don't fit in here.

1 week later
#4280 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I almost never hit it from the flipper. Most of the time it is on the plunge or a bank shot off of the tron targets.

Yep..I've given up directly shooting it. Too dangerous. It's not that I can't make the shot but the pitch and placement of my game apparently STDM a good shot. I just use the disc and lightcycle ball savers to start and usually finish GEM.

#4283 8 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Just out of curiosity - as this is an idea that's been kicking around in my head for a couple of weeks - would any of you fellow Tron lovers sell your modded out pro (eli's ramps and everything else - except for powder coated hardware) so you could turn around buy a TRON LE to take it's place??? Is that crazy or understandable???

I wouldn't. Barring anything else, the screenprint cabinet drives me nuts. After I saw the first pro with decals, I had to have the game. It shouldn't really matter that much to me...but it does. Also, not a fan of chrome trim. =\

#4299 8 years ago

Too bad those are renders and not real..

#4305 8 years ago

I just 'accidentally' won a Kevin Flynn deluxe disc off ebay...question now will be do I open it or keep it in package? :\

#4307 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Glue it on one of your sweet holiday sweaters

"In case of Santa attack, cut threads."

3 weeks later
#4451 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Seems Op in this thread is going for TRON, but called it his best "compromise"
Flank, you may have to review his desire to join your Club carefully...

We all know that Q*Bert is Labnip's #1.

#4478 8 years ago

I know Mezel sells wholesale mods to other shops, but it's still kind of really surreal to see a mod that was my idea on Bay Area Amusements..

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-TRON-BANKTARGET&Store_Code=BAA

3 weeks later
#4548 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Good chance I will be in Texas in June, I'll give a full report on that upon my return

Dallas? =P

*edit*

Quoted from centerflank:

Arlington is where Becky's teaching that week, so that area

Awwww yeah. You're gonna have to stop by. I live near Richardson/Garland.

2 weeks later
#4605 8 years ago

Had a 200 million game the other night.. apparently my good mood rubbed off on some Tron karma... I started SOS with everything solid except the disc, when I was two shots from finishing disc, I started double scoring, and then got the doubled values for Disc, Lightcycle, TRON, and Recognizer to light Portal. I had "death restarts" inside Portal 3 times, where I was down to one ball and finished a shot...I only had 2 shots left to finish it fully when I drained out. :\

Oh, and for the extra difficulty factor: Blue disc rubber, outlanes wide open, and no rubber on the triangle of 3 posts below the TRON target, just a piece of paper towel jammed in there so the ball can't get to the light bulb.... *THUNK*

2 months later
#4864 8 years ago

Finished shopping the game out the other night. Decided to play it this morning....just how ridiculous this game was... 1st ball ended with 8x bonus to the tune of 45 million points, just on bonus. 2nd ball ended with everything lit solid except for Quorra and Lightcycle, and Quorra lit at the scoop, and had already collected the extra ball. Extra ball plunge to scoop, start Quorra. I immediately go for the "prequalify add a ball" by getting two quick hits, then let the balls drain, going for soft-plunge to gem. Didn't get it with two balls.....hit the bank, let them drain. Didn't get it with three balls, lit up the bank, and right as I'm going to make the last add a ball for four balls, two of them go out the left outlane. I hit the bank and start the 4th ball, kicks on the ball saver, and get all 4 balls in play. Shortplunge-o-rama, there's a traffic jam up by the post, and the last ball plunged lands on top of one of the other balls and pushes it into the Gem lane. SCORE! Only had lightcycle left at this point, so I'm getting things under control, have 3 balls still in play. Only cycle inserts left are left ramp and left orbit. Cool. Flail around at the ramp, lose the 3rd ball, down to 2. Cradle separation, shot the ramp, staged the upper left flipper and shot the orbit, then shot the scoop immediately with the ball from the left flipper to start lightcycle. Got the 3-way combo pretty quick after that. At this point everything is lit solid, I still have two balls in play, might as well go for it, right? I start beating the crap out of the TRON targets trying to light double scoring.....FAIL. Lost both balls. Start ball 3, plunge to scoop for Portal and get my sad little 50 million bonus points.

Had to leave for work, so I drained out intentionally after Portal and finished with around 155 million...good enough for the 2nd place score since the last time I changed the music.

#4872 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That score is entirely too good to post....congrats, but dammit, I MUST PLAY BETTER!!!!

Yes well....I'll see if I can do better. I really SHOULD have had the double scoring active for 100 mil bonus instead of the 50. I was too afraid of losing that last ball. I really want to get a recording rig and video one of these monster games on my machine at some point. It's ridiculously fast right now. There was one time my wife was standing there during that game where the ball came out of the disc so fast that I actually flipped on instinct and didn't see where the ball was until it bounced off the left flipper. More than once it came out of there with so much spin it changed directions TWICE from side to side.

#4883 8 years ago

Just checked my game.. 210, 177, 163 (today) million are my top scores since whenever I messed with things last.

*edit* Just got 129 for the next one..bumped something down. SOS start with double scoring running... 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 million to start. Finished disc in SOS but at single value, never finished lightcycle even though I restarted it TWICE on ball 3.

#4886 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

You sure you didn't mean you just checked your BAC!

Pfft I wish. That would've been preferable to being sober last night.

#4921 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Let us know how the Titan rings feel.

I put them on my game last week. They're great. Super bouncy. 2" is probably too tight for slings, I had one sling arm pop out of the rubber in the middle of a great game.

I had Pinballcenter ones on my LAST Tron....they do NOT feel like normal rubber. They're hard, and extremely aggressive action on the slings. Don't bounce or feel like standard rubber IMO.

I like both, don't get me wrong, but I very much prefer the Titans.

1 week later
#5043 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

is this new?

Screenshot_from_2016-02-18_16:52:22_(resized).png

Been there for at least a little while. I see it all the time.

It's depressing that the best part of the CDMD video is the match sequence. All the other just looks flat and monochrome to me. I don't know if that's just because the movie is that way or what. I'll have to go back and see.

1 week later
#5151 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Not that many of you know me personally, but last Saturday night my Dad suffered a rupture in his brain stem and was put on life support. B/c he was an organ donor the process took a few days but He was officially pronounced dead Tuesday and I will be burying him Friday. Reason I bring this up is because he was an Organ donor and even at 77 years old, a Cold Coors light drinking bad boy motor head guy still was able to donate his liver to a 40 year old and kidneys to a 60 year old and help save 2 lives. If your not, you should think about being an organ donor. Its amazing what they can do. And you never know whom you can help save. I've been absent on here the past week and will be for a few more days while I attend to my Fathers' Funeral.

Sorry to hear about that man. FWIW I've been registered as an organ donor ever since I got my learner's permit at 15.

Should have known there was a disturbance in the Grid last night when I got to Portal on ball 1 with a score of 138 million on the same ball, which is what my final opponent did to me in the TX SCS to lead the comeback charge to bury me.

#5199 8 years ago

Could someone please buy my Tron so I can go to IFPA SCS Nationals? THANKS.

#5215 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am thinking about it flank for sure...

Just do it. Shoot me a PM.

#5230 8 years ago

Straight to Portal, double score lit. New grand champ on the Frax'er. 207,597,850. Think that was my third Portal this week? Game is too easy for me now. :p

#5289 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm officially out of the club.

Yep, me too. This was my second go-round through. Won't be back unless there is an 82 Tron VE. Really glad I was able to top my GC score a few days beforehand and get the 100 million doubled bonus for going direct to Portal. Even more glad that both Trons I have owned are now in the hands of fellow LOCAL collectors.

1 week later
#5473 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys with pros and shakers - I just installed mine and it feels like the shaker is not working all the time. Some shots like slings and targets will trigger shaker but then some balls, I get nothing. Tested the shaker out in the coil menu and it works perfectly fine. Is this normal?

It's most active during ZUSE fast scoring. Like crazy active. It's not supposed to be on ALL the time, that defeats the purpose.

#5476 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Frax - great job on that mod which lights up the dropping targets. Haven't bought it yet but thinking about it!

Thanks, I appreciate it. 'Prototype' was in the game I just sold...holding up strong!

#5498 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

sells tron
bails on TPF
goes to vegas
starts collecting slot machines

Already have a pachislot, bro. ThunderV2.

1 week later
#5627 8 years ago

Man, WTF is the stick up your arse?

3 weeks later
#5774 7 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

I have a feeling that if I sell mine I will want back in the club soon. Its hard because I do not have the cash to own everything I want and there are several that I want to own for a wile. My TRON is still sitting in the garage folded up after its long weekend at TPF and walking past it every day makes me think about selling it. Oh pinball problems

Get my (ex) game out of the garage, man!

1 week later
1 month later
#6018 7 years ago

http://store.steampowered.com/app/392000

Tron Run/r on sale for 5.99 70% off normal 20 buck price.

Ends June 3rd.

#6021 7 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

is Run/r on the ps3 ps4 network??

I have no clue, but unlikely it would be on sale there if so.

2 weeks later
#6099 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Edit- I like the look of the middle target bank lit up

That's my mod idea that Mezel sells. You can tell because the carrier is translucent 3d printed plastic instead of black plastic.

5 years later
#10543 2 years ago

I'm just stopping in to say that I hate you all, you suck and I'm jealous.

....but not as much as I hate myself for selling Tron twice.

Carry on.

#10546 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Gee whiz, Frax--you think you woulda figured out you made a colossal mistake after selling the first one...

It's okay. I've also sold 2 STTNGs and still sitting on a full set of repro ramps for it 6 years later waiting for when I run across another sub-3k one.

6 months later
#10723 1 year ago

One of you Tron guys tell me what an original, unplayed Trailer #3 film reel is worth. I literally can't find any for sale anywhere heh.

#10728 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Original Tron or Tron Legacy? Tron 1982 35mm print for the trailer is anywhere between 90$ to 150$, depending on the quality.
Tron Legacy, probably 50$ to 90$. They made a lot of those.
You see printed cells sold as 'original' and framed/sold with a poster. These cells are not original, just copies of copies. The originals are vaulted.

Legacy, heh. I paid nowhere near 50 bucks for it years and years ago, so that'd be a pretty good gain, actually. It's an original reel sent to theatres, still sealed with the "must be returned to Disney on request" spiel and other stickers. Heh.

#10732 1 year ago

Yeah, I actually bought it because I saw people chopping up trailer reels to sell pieces of them as collectibles, didn't figure many would survive. Even now, there's a TON of those for sale, but not a single full trailer reel....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
12,028 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.