tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dkpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 10 years ago

I spoke to Josh tonight from the Pinball Soul podcast. I mentioned Tron as one of my favorites and couldn't remember that SOS comes before Portal. My 42 year old brain locked up. If he airs that, please forgive me..

2 weeks later
#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

OK... what is "Lamp"? I must have missed that reference .

I love lamp.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The video that BrettButler posted with the Tron girl gave me a woody!

No one ask for pictures!

Just in case, people keep asking for pictures on this thread...

2 months later
#849 10 years ago

I never got the PIG™, but I had a hot mess of splitter cables. I eliminated them with this and it works well.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2981

I'm not sure if you guys have other games with mods in them, or if you're planning them. I have other products that allow you to install an FTS-8 into Data East, WPC, and WPC-95 systems.

You can see them at http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=663

IMG_2295-Custom.jpgIMG_2295-Custom.jpg

#894 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The game already has Flynn sign and arcade mod so I'm not sure if that leaves anywhere to plug in the cycles?

Here's the best splitter for the game with a bunch of mods: http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=396

#935 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Man I wish I was handy and could program. What you did to your Flynn sign and recognizer sounds cool! I think the lightcycles look better always lit though.

I need to see if I can get Herg to share his video of what he did with his PIG on his Tron. People can share configuration files so if you like what someone did, you can easily reproduce it.

Also ChadH has his Tron all done as well. He was trying to figure out how to get his topper working before sharing the video and configuraion. Maybe I can get him to post it here.

#962 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Any chance on firmware upgrade for the invert?

Yea, we have some beta code out there, it's probably time for an official update.

#968 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

hi,

will you let me know when you have an update. i'd like to buy the unit with the newest update together.

thx,
bb

Any new unit you buy will have the newer software on it. I meant that I needed to get an official update out for those who already have the PIG 2.

3 weeks later
#1066 10 years ago

Uhm.. where does one get one of those prints because I really want one.

1 week later
#1124 10 years ago

Cursed: Which mods, if any, are tied to the PIG 2?

2 months later
#1529 10 years ago

Guys, for those of you who have a Flynn's sign but didn't want to invest a lot of time and money into a PIG 2 to make it turn on and off with the GI, check out this thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-source-freeish-pinball-electronics-kit-gi-buddy

Basically some time, a little money ($10-$15), some soldering, and you can have the Flynn's sign interact with the game. We also tested with it connected to the Flynn's Arcade insert on a Tron LE and it worked great. I'm not sure how it would work out on a Pro but it might be worth the time to find out.

#1532 10 years ago

That's cool! On Chad's Tron (And the MGC Tron Pro) we connected the flippers to the PIG 2 and have them slowly pulse.

Here's the effect on a DE Star Wars. We have the undercab pulsing too but it's at a different rate.

This past week I thought it might be cool to put flashers inside the lower cabinet that flash through the air screens. Whenever you hit the disk shot you'd get lights flashing (like lightning) on the back wall behind the cabinet.

I thought it would be cool to have them inside the cabinet so you don't have to worry about them when breaking the game down and resting it on it's back.

#1534 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

How much you charging for the upgraded plaque? Looks like money to be made here CF.

I would expect a certificate of authenticity to ensure that numbers weren't duplicated.

IMG_2626.JPGIMG_2626.JPG
#1551 10 years ago

1: There have been some threads about this. To my recollection you remove the batteries. Then pry out the switch, short it out, and put it back in. Then you connect wires to the battery terminals and close the bottom back up. It probably requires a hole for the wires, I don't recall. Then connect your light cycle to a 5v source and it will be lit up.

2: I defer to the crowd here.

3: The PIG 2 has 4 standard IN's, 1 GI input, and 2 Aux IN's for things like reed switches and external buttons. It has 4 OUTS and 2 Servo connectors. With non-creative wiring, you can connect 4 mods to 4 signals (switches, lamps, GI, motors, flashers, etc) and control 4 mods (12v and/or 5v). You can control a whole bunch of stuff with a single PIG 2.

4: This isn't a question you asked, but you're only an hour from me so if you get in a pinch I can always drive down and help you out.

#1552 10 years ago

I also sell connector packs for $19.95 that have all of the wires and connectors you'd need to get things going.

2 months later
#1962 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

hey, i found a Tron pin for ya
think it's a great price, but no mods installed yet.

Actually, I think the Flynn's sign is on the virtual table!

#1968 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Are you going to make anymore? The site says they are out

Yes, preparing for MGC has had me stretched thin. I was hoping to get a batch done over the past weekend but I couldn't get to them. Definitely soon.

#2001 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

dkpinball said:

Actually, I think the Flynn's sign is on the virtual table!

Are you going to make anymore? The site says they are out

They're now available again, thanks!

#2006 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Erik said:

Wait til you see what DK adds to the site tomorrow!

ohh... do tell do tell. any hints

This sounds weird but I'm curious to know too. What am I adding tomorrow??

3 months later
#2414 9 years ago

4 days? WTF!? BUMP!

4 weeks later
#2466 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

As or 175 minutes ago, I'm now a member. Do I really have to read all 50 pages of this thread before I'm up to date? Oy...

Yes. Yes you do.

When you enter monastery, you've got to read the bible front to back buddy, that's just part of the deal.

4 weeks later
#2518 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The Flynn's arcade light mod is still available to buy?

I have to see if I have any left, or the parts to build a few more.

I may have to start a waiting list or something to see if it's worth the investment to get all of the parts laser cut again.

#2552 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh sh....

*edit* ..../sigh...put me on the list. Was waiting to get paid on friday to buy one. >=(

Good enough, I'll work on getting more made over the next few weeks.

1 month later
#2727 9 years ago

Tonight I caressed Centerflank's Tron. It was magnificent.

1 week later
#2781 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

2) How could one tap into another socket as in Jason's post of the recognizer mod and add other lights/mods that would light according to a mode either being available or active? Does someone have a picture of how to wire this/attach this as I'm a little baffled how you can still keep the light socket intact yet split off an additional bulb from this.

I made a product that does just that: http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=457

It removes some of the headaches of having to convert power sources, it also allows you to use something on the game as a trigger and then the output gives a different effect. Like, roll over a switch and make a light blink 10 times. Or an insert light begins to blink so a servo motor makes a character move around.

A lot of guys use the PIG 2 with their Tron Mods.

1 month later
#2856 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

like the Flynn sign

I don't always have a bunch on hand, lately, but the demand has been steady enough month to month to keep me trying to build and sell them when guys want them. Sometimes you've got to wait a week or so, but the Flynn's signs, at least, are still in production.

1 month later
#2968 9 years ago

Some people were asking and I lost track of who. Flynn's signs are back in stock again.

http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=152

6 months later
#4179 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I posted this on another thread and sm starting to get some help. Any Tron mod experts that can hunt down the connectors for the Flynn sign and arcade mod let me know. Mods have wiring but missing the connector into game wiring.

Did you get the Flynn's mod from me or from someone else? It should have come with all of the connectors you needed. Are you saying you don't know where to plug it in?

The installation instructions are here: http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Installing-your-Flynns-Sign.pdf

PM me if you need other help. Thanks.

1 month later
#4498 8 years ago

Very nice Labnip, but that lamp should be de-rezzing because Tron has "killed" it.

1 week later
#4536 8 years ago

Wait, I can make the butt hurting stop just by downvoting this thread? I've been living with ass pain all of this time for no reason?!

7 months later
#6182 7 years ago

Thinking of doing one last Flynn's sign run. Send me a PM if you're interested.

2 months later
#6500 7 years ago

I've got three Flynn's signs and some FTS-8's left. PM me if you're interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dkpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=dkpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.