(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,099 posts
  • 459 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 135 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 390 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(551 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

47D07733-284E-4812-87F0-31B32A0749E1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190710_202128 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190710_202142 (resized).jpg
C4493447-55BA-4E97-91CD-FE3D8011CE20 (resized).jpeg
32A256A0-7748-489D-8BEA-474C2BA6DC28 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dendoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2105 5 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'll probably order a clear disc soon so it gets here around when TRON does.
Unrelated to that disc, anyone have opinions on games that compliment the flow and feel of TRON? I'm trying to feel out a second pin that will sit well with TRON, but I'm not 100% sure on what that pin may be.

Try out Johnny Mnemonic - fast ramps and great rules. Some say the glove slows things down, but a cool feature that's very different.

#2106 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRON makes me want to....
» YouTube video

The "original" verstion of the song from the 80s. maybe less classy, but still a funny theme.
Better in the pants than on the tron!

1 week later
#2153 5 years ago

Got my beauty yesterday. Already sub'd the translite for the 3D version, Flynn's sign in, now just got to put in the light mod, light cycles, arcade game, lit bumpers, clear spinner disc.................IMG_1761.JPGIMG_1762.JPG

#2154 5 years ago

So is this rubber debris or art work?
IMG_1764.JPGIMG_1763.JPG

#2157 5 years ago

Thanks. Ordered the wicked clear spinner already. Will give it a clean when I take the ramps off to fit the light mods.

I don't know if I'll be even more in the bad books with the wife if I hang this near the machine?
2910313263074040_1.jpg

#2160 5 years ago

Thanks. Can you send a pic some time? Just wonder how they look. Maybe they make clear ones?

#2164 5 years ago

Hang the consequences, stuck Olivia up to keep me company.IMG_1770.JPG

#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Here's a pic of the blue pads next to the disc.

IMG_1776.jpg 50 KB

Thanks.

#2173 5 years ago

Right, ramps off, going to install light cycles and EL wire mod. Whats the favoured method of attaching wire - zip ties, sticky tape?

#2175 5 years ago

Thanks for that link. I hadn't seen it, now I'm glad I hadn't started. Looking forward to a weekend project.

#2201 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

What is lamp???

A quote from "Anchorman' apparently - yet to watch it again to see where it comes from

1 week later
#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Also, I have a plastic protector for the recognizer plastic (it looks to be clear blue?). Is that one worth putting on, or is the clear stock one fine?

You may find the plastic protector is clear and has a very thin blue film on it.

#2235 5 years ago

Finished the mod parade as well. Still cannot play the bloody thing though. I'm going to have to do a lot of study of the rules and watch some tuition videos to post any good scores. So very, very fast!
Popping in a pinovations headphone jack tonight to immerse myself further, and absolutely love the clear discs for the spin on the ball - makes the game in my opinion.tron pre mods.jpg

#2237 5 years ago

Try again, hate uploading pics on this computer
tron post arcade.jpg

#2256 5 years ago

Just added even more mods-speaker inserts, lights and flippersimage-681.jpg

#2259 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Blue DMD would finish it off dendoc

I agree. I think it's the least I can do the beast. Hope it makes me better at it. I'll never be able to afford to sell it with all these mods!

2 months later
#2429 4 years ago

Tech help - approx. every 4th game or so, machine thinks the ball has drained when it's still in play. I've done a switch check of the ball trough, and all those are fine. I assume something is a bit loose - any ideas what to look for?
Thanks.

#2435 4 years ago

will do, thanks

#2439 4 years ago

my acdc did the same, but just reseated it. I'll try the hot glue on Tron.

1 week later
#2453 4 years ago

Can anyone remember where I can find the little board that screws inside the cab to attach all these mods too without a spaghetti of splitters?

#2454 4 years ago

Found it, sorry. The search feature does work! PIG2 needed. I want to put my Sparky TV in my torn, and with light cycles, ramps lights, arcade, flynn sign, lit flipper buttons, it's crazy down there!

#2459 4 years ago

Quite right. FTS-8 needed. Bought that instead. Thanks

3 weeks later
#2502 4 years ago

nice couple, a match made in heaven. Is the video game any good? Never played it myself.

1 week later
#2538 4 years ago

just remember the crazy hot matrix...............

I think Olivia is a Unicorn.

3 weeks later
#2672 4 years ago

Don't you hate it when you notice this during a game? Third time. Using heavy duty 2 part glue too. image.jpg

1 month later
#2800 4 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

In previous post I meant to say great thread...not post. I have watched this thread since it started and enjoyed it all the way. Still one thing I still have'nt figured out though? What the heck is Lamp?

The answer is in the tread - but to save reading - watch Brick in Anchorman. I have no idea why Centerflank used it as a reference though.

1 month later
#2937 4 years ago

Shredded my clear recogniser disc for a second time during a comp night last weekend- back to the original rubber matt for me now. I liked the spin imparted and the look of the clear rubber, but sick of buying new ones and gluing them back on.

2 weeks later
#2969 4 years ago

some tech help for my pro please - blowing F10 every time I turn it on. I'm still learning schematics - so had a look at the manual on the Stern website (because you don't get manuals nowadays unless it a bloody LE). Tested resistance on the flipper coils, ball eject and autolaunch- and all over 4. Anything else I should check?

#2972 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Chech the back panel flashers. Had the same problem a couple weeks ago. Broken solder joint on one of the flashers. Also had to replace a transistor. If your flashers are the problem and they are stuck on after the repair, turn the pin off ASAP. They will melt things.

Thanks. Tried that, even disconnected all the flasher connections under the playfield, but F10 still pops as soon as I close the coin door. Went to the test menu to test each coil individually, but won't let me close the door/depress the switch without tripping.

#2975 4 years ago

Thanks, looks like I have a similar problem.

Now to try and work out wiring diagrams!

#2976 4 years ago

Latest in the testing solutions - unplugged all low coils and flasher molexes from the power board - still blew. Swapped my power board from CSI ( sorry tron) to Tron, and problem fixed. So looks like its the board. Time to learn to test transistors?

3 weeks later
#3114 4 years ago

Can the knowledgeable folk here tell me what the machine is saying when it sounds like "Roger Moore"? I just can't figure it out, and it says it a lot.

#3128 4 years ago

Its the really deep voice that says it. I can't even work out what causes it, but he's pretty frequent. Maybe hitting the recogniser targets?

#3131 4 years ago

Thanks, off to play and check it out. Been driving me crazy. I have to admit I am in love with the chick combo - that Quora to Gem double is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

2 weeks later
#3186 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Man wouldn't that be something if Olivia was a pinhead and frequented here. Man oh man.

She can't hang out here, she's always at my place watching me play!

1 month later
#3438 4 years ago

The Pinball Podcast is going to feature Tron Legacy on their next podcast - just a heads-up if you don't already listen.

2 weeks later
#3553 4 years ago

Nice work Hensbrooker. How did you attach these?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dendoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside