(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,107 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 391 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(552 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,210 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190717_223502 (resized).jpg
47D07733-284E-4812-87F0-31B32A0749E1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190710_202128 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190710_202142 (resized).jpg
C4493447-55BA-4E97-91CD-FE3D8011CE20 (resized).jpeg
32A256A0-7748-489D-8BEA-474C2BA6DC28 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5244 3 years ago

so new to the tron market but played LE yesterday and loved it. I noticed it had a blue DMD too. Is that stock or did the person buy one and install it? Also - what are the critical/key mods if you were to go Pro (since LE is too much money)? Thanks!

#5246 3 years ago

Thanks. Do Trons by default come with a blue DMD though? No right?

Also - does the Eli ramp lights actually work with the game modes or not? Keep on reading diff things about it. Not sure it's worth it if it doesn't change with the game actions.

#5250 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Did you read this whole thread?

All 100 pages. no.

Thanks Herg!!

#5256 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Do you only read the last 4 pages of a book?

when the book is a pinball thread about tron, a game I'm not even sure about buying yet.....yes.

#5261 3 years ago

yes - I was the guy who dropped 15k for NIB......

of course I'm joking but holy ___ that is a lot for NIB - even if it's LE.

#5371 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone want to sell this guy your TRON?
Mine is "really" nice but not a good fit for him.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-tron-legacy-pro-stern-2011-2016#post-3018715

Not a good fit as I'm not even sure you're serious about selling. If you are PM me. In fact anyone serious about selling one, PM me. Thanks guys

#5404 3 years ago

well I'm officially a tron owner. Been a little bit of a journey but all is good. I ended up with all three translites btw and will sell the 3d and girls one soon if anyone is interested.

Now that I actually have the machine, I look forward to running through this thread and collecting your ideas on making this thing shine. I'm also aware that some of my recent messages here might have been taken the wrong way (and looking back, I can see why) so if so, my apologizes. Now to replace these damn incandescent bulbs.....first task is to find out what really looks good color wise so I'll be looking through all of the vets pics posted here for ideas!

#5420 3 years ago

So I started to redo the lights - GI is in and went with blue and green. Something about my poppers - not getting enough good light out of them. Also need to change the spotlights (always a pain to get out). Game plays FAST. Love the music. See others with another mix other than standard and will look into getting that too. Did I mention great music and sound effects? 1:50 - need to go to sleep!

#5429 3 years ago

looks really nice!

#5448 3 years ago

Guys - my tron says to install 4 balls but there are only three switches in the ball holder so I've only installed 3. Is mine missing a switch? If someone wouldn't mind taking a pic of your ball holder so I can compare to mine. Seems like mine only has 3 switches (where the balls rest while not in play)....

EDIT - manual says there are only 3 so I guess mine is fine. 4 in and all is good.

#5449 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

tron-puft-2_(resized).jpg

This is awesome!

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Anyone else. I am not sold on needing a Color DMD for TRON. I know this has been asked before, but I kinda would like just the Blue DMD.

I was looking into the color dmd too and decided to go with blue considering the color dmd is basically blue anyway (main color at least). Didn't seem worth it considering the cost brand new

#5458 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The fourth switch is an opto. It's the green PCB at the shooter lane end. The ball breaks the beam to activate the switch.
And a Tronly reminder to be real careful finding your own reasons to override the instructions. You don't want Quorra to have to intervene and save your ass from the grid. Or maybe you do...

ha - thanks. This one ended up being user error on my part. Optos were fine all along - although I did have that issue with my LOTR. Easy fix though.

btw - the knocker on this game is terrible. Had to turn that off right away. Forget waterboarding - play that knocker sound and it will get the information out.

#5461 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Meh....personal choice.....I like the subtle color on the colordmd ...ALOT.....and Stern's electronic knocker sounds like shit on all their machines, not just TRON.....wire up the mechanical version....

yeah - i'm sure it's not just tron. As for the color dmd - def matter of opinion. Can't go wrong with either.

#5471 3 years ago

you can probably find a used blue one for 200.....

#5472 3 years ago

guys with pros and shakers - I just installed mine and it feels like the shaker is not working all the time. Some shots like slings and targets will trigger shaker but then some balls, I get nothing. Tested the shaker out in the coil menu and it works perfectly fine. Is this normal?

I'm on the latest code and shaker is set to max.

#5475 3 years ago

Thanks guys - sounds like the machine does not do it inconsistently (besides fast scoring). Never owned a stern with a shaker so just double checking it wasn't me!

I can totally see how modding this thing can get addicting! Just bought the speed arrow plastics that go on the bottom of the clear ramps (thought they were standard - guess not) and the sticker for the top of that targets that rise and drop.

Frax - great job on that mod which lights up the dropping targets. Haven't bought it yet but thinking about it!

Noticed the disc spinner makes noise - seems like that's normal too.

#5482 3 years ago

Haven't owned it for long but by far (IMO) the ELI light mod on the pro is the #1 mod hands down. What a diff.

#5516 3 years ago

does anyone know how to install these target splints? I just bought a pair b/c the targets that are under the regulator kept on moving. Came with two large target splints...

http://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

#5520 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You have to take the screws out of the brown "paper" stack or whatever they are made of (then remove the tape) and put the splint over the target and wedge it down into the splint.
https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202025015-Stern-Stand-Up-Target-Splints

thanks - much appreciated!

Well I installed my blue DMD on my tron (had to - anything else would be crazy) however my stock stern DMD was a 4 pin power where this xpin is 7 pin. I can't seem to find a 7 prong in the area. Is this something i need to buy separately or am I just missing something?

#5522 3 years ago

ok def want to avoid blowing my new display. This is the 3rd run I believe (CLU translite came with it). I don't want to second guess so if you know how to do that, lmk. Sounds like I can still use the 4 prong connection and just need to bypass high voltage?

#5524 3 years ago

OK - I will follow-up. Thanks for the warning and quick response!

#5533 3 years ago

Guys - is that FLYNNs sign still available for purchase? Can't seem to find it....

#5537 3 years ago

That's too bad. Not really sold on its looks but now that I own one, that Flynn sign would really be helpful to see when that arcade is lit without having to look at the insert.

hmmm mods with actuals gameplay benefits? wow...

#5541 3 years ago

I'm def into the game. It has to be one of the nicest looking pins I've seen (love the design, colored wires, ramps, all the blue, etc). Music and especially sound effects are also top tier quality. Not a fan of the movie though and don't have nostalgia for the old tron game as I didn't grow up with it however they really made this into a nice package. Once my blue DMD arrives, it will be in full effect. I plan on getting an addams family too and then it will be time to decide which one do I sell (TAF and Tron) to make room for GB. I can only have 2! Wife's only request ; )

#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

TRON much more than a "pretty game"...just sayin'.......

I'm not saying Tron is just a pretty game. It has a lot of good shots and I love the ramps. I have no idea if GB is a keeper but to get it in the house, 1 will need to go. I need to get a TAF first to decided which would leave to get GB in there.

#5567 3 years ago

so my cointaker LEDs came in and they look good except for the yellows by the left sling (the CLU portion of the bottom half). They look orange to me (even without any plastics above it). I tried comet before and their yellow looked orange too. Question is for the guys with very yellow LEDs to match the plastics - where did you buy them and what kind?

#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yellows led's always look orange to me....I always use sunlight or cool white for lighting yellow inserts...on plastics ( especially TRON) orange rules anyway ( w blue of course)...I mix the cool whites w blue, the whites w orange on the other side....good luck!!!

Yeah - I have that look right now too. Blue look sick. The orange though I really want true yellow. I see a number of guys that achieved this and I have been unsuccessful. If anyone knows what to buy, lmk. Otherwise, I'll just continue with my orange.

1 week later
#5623 3 years ago

guys - anyone find an LED light that matches the yellow of the TRON plastics? Looking to get the left side real yellow and all I can find is this orange looking yellows (cointaker, etc).

1 year later
#7370 1 year ago

so what is the best music package for this game? I was curious about potential updates to some of the call outs via pinbrowser.....wasn't sure if that was already done.

2 months later
#7441 1 year ago

So i'm going back and forth thinking of rejoining. Decided to try and get one but wondering what value decline do you think will occur if/when they release vault? Seems like the vault will release at prem price point (7100 street) if it ever comes out. It will likely be a LE light (everything but code, limited plaque, screened sides) so basically a pimped out pro that you can buy now for about the same price, little less. My only point for pause would be the potential for them to release a nice PF vs the blurry photo art on it now. If they do, that would be worth it. That being said, been waiting for years this to be release, always think it's time and then stern drops something no one asked for (see Luci). Decisions.

#7443 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

If you can find a loaded one for a fair price go for it! The real inflation with Tron comes from the mods, which add up real fast. Arcade is $300, another $300 for Eli's kit which is also a real POA to install, color DMD, oh and don't forget the shaker and chrome trim... there's so many more too haha. Lit cycles, Flynn's sign etc... the hit would be more in line with AC/DC than IM.
On the other side of the coin, tons of great stuff to choose from now, it's a buyer's market. Can't see Tron values going any higher, so waiting wouldn't hurt. This Week in Pinball recently posted a rumor of Tron VE with LCD screen but 24 months away at least. My vote is grab a TNA

LCD screen? Damn. 24 months? Damn. Way to Long to wait. TNA is one I've thought about but I'm a single player guy not a lot of people I know play Pinball and think it would get boring. I might have to go for Tron chromed out. Looks sick. But is it worth a WoZ RR trade.

#7446 1 year ago

is that chromed out too? If so, that's EXACTLY what I want to get. Let's make a trade

#7448 1 year ago

That's a nice looking tron! Where did you get the chrome done and how much did that cost?

I wouldn't trade for WoZ either but maybe something else. Who knows just feel like WoZ is such a more complete and jammed pack game.

1 week later
#7462 1 year ago

Is there anyway to edit the voiceovers in this game? Thinking about it more, it's prob the one thing I just don't like that much. I would like to either include additional clips from the movie or just remove certain ones all together.

#7464 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes use Pinball Browser. There's plenty of voice clips in the program that are not in the game. You cold use those or import your own.

Sweet - god what does that program not do. Just made a sick mix for my GB prem. Will do the same when I get a tron back.

#7467 1 year ago

One in particular is the bad guy that says _____ for everyone! Forgot what the first word is but there clip ends with crowd making noise and it sounds terrible to me. That's the first. Some Bridges quotes like and they called him clu that entire long winded one is annoying.

#7469 1 year ago

Tell me you left Gem's music in there - it's great!

"Libations for everybody!"

That's the one. The way that clip ends sounds like it was just clipped off. That's the first to go

#7471 1 year ago

Hmm either I haven't noticed the end of it or it just never bothered me. If you want to keep the sound, you could edit it to cut it off right after he is done speaking, and import that back in via PB. Or just change it out to something completely different of course.

Thanks I just don't like anything about it so it's getting the cut. I need to get the pin first ; )

#7474 1 year ago

anyone know where I can get a chrome color shooter housing that fits this game besides sending out my stock one to be chromed?

1 week later
#7495 1 year ago

well I'm back in the club! Out with the old, in with the new. Really nice tron - HUO full loaded with everything you can think of. I actually owned it before and just bought it back! Never had that happen before.

btw - selling the topper it came with as I don't need it. Tron disc warrior if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/60137

When I have some time, I'm going to update the soundtrack (end of line is going in - not too much else going to change as I like majority, and updating some vocals). This game is so good! It's now sitting next to my WoZ!

20180210_231338 (resized).jpg

It will be chromed too! Package coming this week.

#7498 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I like the 4 pin collection you have. Great mix of different game styles.

Thanks - GB and Alien on the other wall. WoZ instead of BSD....

btw - I want to chrome my LE apron. Best place to do that and cost?

#7500 1 year ago

so I started replacing some music (specifically putting end of the line in place of the stock music you get when you shoot the center shot enough - never liked that) - weird thing as I went to replace the game over music with the one from the soundtrack (fall) and even though the music slot is for 55 seconds, the game fades the song out (even on the default song) 10 seconds in. Is that an ingame setting you can change to not have it fade out?

1 week later
#7501 1 year ago

so I'm going to replace the spinning pad and I've heard of many diff mods for this. Couple questions:

1) I have an extra strock black pad. How do I install it and does it require taking the spinning motor off of the PF?
2) What non stern pads/motors do you recommend?

#7503 1 year ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Yes, I would recommend pulling out the motor. It is not hard to do. I did it.
1. Remove the screws to 4 of the lamps
2. Unplug the motor power connector
3. Remove the (4 I believe) screws to the motor
4. Remove the pad using wet cloth with alcohol. Wipe all previous adhesive off.
5. Reapply new pad after it is all dry.
I have noticed the motor gets dust in it and makes a louder noise. Since you have the motor out, I would recommend cleaning the motor. It’s not hard for you to do. You need an Allen wrench and a hex driver. When you remove the plastic disc then spray cleaner and lubricant. Let it air out for 24 hrs and then reassemble.

Awesome thanks!

#7505 1 year ago

Ok I see a clear one from Marco. Where is the blue and what is the difference between two besides color

#7508 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've never seen/ used that disc before....textured? Interesting......have my stash of the clear German ones...lightning in a bottle...

website link for german one?

Assuming this is it?

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-for-tron-legacy-transparent

#7510 1 year ago

guys - does anyone have these pinball cards that are already formatted to print as is?

9676fba1b4bcb90280e635281213a0e56f35e226 (resized).jpg

#7513 1 year ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Not the same cards but this guus cards are all ready to print and scaled perfectly.
http://www.pinballcards.com/Search?submit_form=0&search=Tron

thanks - those are the ones I have right now!

#7515 1 year ago

EDIT....all good.

#7521 1 year ago

Coz you're killing it!!! Nice addition!

I recently joined the club too. Game is so good. Redoing some of the music and will upload too. I just chromed her out!!!

Never did that before but the the game looked so cool with it. Just need to add the topper...

20180225_002141 (resized).jpg

20180225_002136 (resized).jpg

20180225_002130 (resized).jpg

20180217_205558 (resized).jpg

#7536 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

On the LE, you hit both ramps either 4 or 8 times in a single game, it starts daft punk multiball... it’s non existent on the Pro

wow that's it ? I feel like you would hit that MB each game then?

#7539 1 year ago

Pretty sick modfather custom plunger came in along with topper. I'm done!

20180228_230923 (resized).jpg

20180228_230913 (resized).jpg

20180228_230931 (resized).jpg

20180228_230940 (resized).jpg

20180228_230845 (resized).jpg

#7542 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

What? No drop targets?

I think I like that bank shot too much to go drop on the pro. Now MET - I might have gotten eveything you sell for it!

#7562 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whoa...very nice!!!!

new avatar!!!??

#7569 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Best I can tell, the armor is standard gauge. Standard chrome, as well ( a real Chestnut type thickness, RIP, not like some of the stuff ive seen on here lately....

yeah his stuff was the best. I was lucky and the chrome I just put on the tron is Chestnut. Quality product.

2 weeks later
#7585 1 year ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Totally legit because it is very hard to do and you usually miss out on getting your skill shot.

wait - is there a diff skill shot than soft plunging and letting it go into the scoop?

#7590 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

correct.
also a backup skill shot for soft plunges that don't get in the arcade. just hit the left ramp after the ball comes down through the inlanes.

that's awesome never knew about these 2. So 3 in total. Nice. Wish MET had more.

1 week later
#7599 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

what exactly is needed to do this? Parts wise? Mine current has Eli

#7602 1 year ago

Bandit can I buy this to add to my Eli ramp mod or is there another thing I need to buy along with this mod? Clarity would be helpful

3 weeks later
#7613 1 year ago

Thinking about getting that LCD OCD thing. Besides getting rid of the strobe effect, what else does it do? Can I get it to work with my RGB topper?

#7621 1 year ago

Man I would like to get my hands on this. Did you just get the clear white pad and did you import?

#7623 1 year ago

Def not Marco. I bought mine from Marco and they refunded. Doesn't work.

#7626 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

It's from Germany. I ordered it a long time ago when they still shipped to USA. Sounds like it's time for one of our EU buddies to set up another group buy, I'd love to have a couple backups

do you have a video of it? Curious how crazy this thing is.

#7634 1 year ago

Well I'm definitely in for an order....

#7641 1 year ago

so here's the challenge. I want the same level of grip as the black (not crazy like the white) BUT I don't want that black tar everywhere on the pf. What do you do?!

#7643 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

I added resistors in series with the existing stock one. That slowed the motor down so that it's still more aggressive than the black disk, but doesn't feel like it's going to break something.

using the white disc though?

#7645 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

The clear one. I installed it, and it was so strong, I puckered every time a ball went in there. I then played with resistor values until I found one that I liked.

OK that's the imported one right? I just want to ensure I'm not missing out on a local one I can buy besides black...

2 weeks later
#7674 1 year ago

hey guys - I bought this replacement for the spinner disc from pinball life and was expecting it to be stern's stock material (the one that came with the game). It's def not - it's like black rubber which prob won't cause that black mess like the original AND it's pretty strong. FYI

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2540

It doesn't look like the pic - it's black but shiny rubber. I wonder if it's just like the imported one?

1 week later
#7679 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Looks like I may be picking up a Tron after all
Going to pick up a spare disc and would really like a clear and/or blue one. Before ordering through pinballcenter I wanted to check here first to see if anyone had some of these stashed away they would be willing to sell.
I've never seen the blue one. Sounds like it creates more action than the black but less than the clear. Friend had the clear and it was crazy active so blue sounds like it may be the best option but curious to hear everyone elses opinion.

You might want to try the one i linked from pinball life. Been very happy with it.

#7682 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Choice is good....original black left crazy marks all over the playfield..hopefully, the new pbl version is awesome...

the new black one from PL has been good so far (re: black rubber).

#7704 1 year ago

I'll take 3 too.

#7720 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m going to disagree with others here. I like the blue DMD better in Tron. I love ColorDMD in some games, but not Tron.
The one thing the blue needed was a polarizing filter. When I first put it in, it was too bright. Then a friend gave me a blue shield with a polarizing filter that he used to have on his Tron. That made it perfect.

I agree with you somewhat on this. Out of all of my games, Tron's color DMD is the least impressive. I def think it's better than blue BUT if you're looking to save a little cash it's not a huge difference (ex - MET being the complete opposite).

#7736 1 year ago

Can I get two blue too? I want to see the difference.

White - 3
Blue - 2

Thanks

#7743 1 year ago

Btw I would be fine giving J85M $10 for doing this. If each person did the same that would be ideal. Time is money.

#7777 1 year ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

thanks guys for doing this! as mentioned, it would be nice if we all kicked each guy in the chain with a few bucks minimum so they can grab a few drinks for their effort. when all is set, let me know who to pay and how much. thanks again and have a good weekend

I agree - I will be putting in 10 regardless and encourage others to do this as well. Big time help from our friends overseas!

#7807 1 year ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I have the blue DMD with blue filter, it looks bad to the bone. Fits the theme and art perfect and the dots looks great.
It came with the game, so it'd depend on the price whether I went with that or a ColorDMD if I had the choice. I first saw the LED color DMD on Tron and it blew me away.

I used to have blue too - it def looks good. You can sell it for about 200 and then apply that to the color so it's really only an upgrade of 200 or so. For that I said OK, lets do it.

#7809 1 year ago

Confirmed thanks

1 week later
#7874 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Guys are you all happy to send PayPal via friends and family? If anyone isn’t either let me know below or via pm. I will have everyone’s packages fully tracked and insured for peace of mind and security for yourselves as well as me.

NP here. Thanks again

1 month later
#8028 1 year ago

I'm still waiting for my tron disc order to be shipped but for the guys that received theres, how is it?

#8063 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Trying to stay organized, so here is a list of those that have shown interest. It's more than 6 already so I'll go ahead and order more supplies. I should hopefully have things done this week for which I will then reach out to confirm interest. If I have you wrong or am missing you let me know.
Chooch – Full Kit
GorillaBiscuits – Light Strip Only
J85M – Full Kit
Weaverj – Full Kit
Pinzap – Full Kit
Meegis – Full Kit
Jasonbar – Full Kit
MoTive8 – Full Kit
I have enough material for 6 right now and I'm ordering more light strips and wire which should allow me to complete 4 more kits. I'll order another batch of controllers as well just in case more people show interest. So, the 8 above I would consider at round 1 with an opening for 2 more. The controllers take about 3 weeks to show up where the next batch will be made, if needed.

what does this thing look like? Examples?

1 week later
#8095 12 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

As y’all are waiting for your discs to come in, this weekend I finally got to install mine from the previous order and try it out: O....M....G!!! The ball will shoot out of there like it’s possessed!!!! Sometimes it’s screaming towards the flippers, sometimes it has so much spin that it will come out and head back up the Quorra shot!! Amazing how it adds another level of fun and difficulty to an already awesome pin!!

which color are you using?

#8128 11 months ago

Discs received thanks!

8 months later
#8862 3 months ago

Have two remaining white rubbers disc from Germany for the spinning disc. PM if interested. 85 shipped or 50 each shipped.

3 weeks later
#8908 89 days ago

Just joined the club again..... This time LE
Always wanted one - prob the most special le offered by Stern. Will probably do a remixed soundtrack like my previous pro. Great game.

1 week later
#8914 83 days ago

can someone remind me when the shaker goes off in this game? Need to check mine - thanks

#8916 82 days ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Definitely in the Test menu!
But seriously, I know it fires off when you get an End of Line jackpot at the scoop, and also when you get to Sea of Simulation. Probably a whole list of other examples I can’t think of right now though.

good call with the test menu - forgot that was in there. thanks

#8918 82 days ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Goes off with disc war multiball jackpots too. But yeah, test menu is easiest

Thanks guys. As expected it wasn't working but I fixed it. I also installed the clear disc rubber finally from Europe.... Wow. Big difference and so far not too top crazy but crazy enough.

#8935 80 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I had pinballmix remix the music in the sound package for me. It has brought new life to an already awesome sound track. I’ve been playing Tron much more these days and find myself getting mad at my poor skill and pushing myself to get better all over again.

Can you explain how this works? I was looking to obtain the current LE mixes out there but never heard of this

#8947 79 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My games haven't suffered any ill effects of the "supersonic balls" Getting rid of the black marks is a huge benefit. Don't resist! You will love it.

Yeah I haven't had any of these omg something is going to break moments. Just very good diversity in where the ball is thrown and it makes the disc shot actually exciting. Glad I bought two.

#8961 79 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Why you do is gather up mp3’s Of music and sound effects you want mixed into the soundtrack , pinballmix will mix it in and replace songs entirely and mix in Easter eggs and such...
For instance, he and I used the original Tron sound effects from the arcade game, and other sound effects from other pinball machines. As well as separate ways by journey. And I sent about 25 songs that I have from various artists to replace some of the music, while keeping some songs in place.
He does a professional job, and loops things to perfection. After you get your mix, he sends along a checklist that you can fill out so he can tweak things that you want tweaked a little bit to make perfect. To me it was worth the money to update the game to some modern sounds.

sounds interesting. I've made a few mixes but effort is def high. How much?

#8963 79 days ago

Wow ok that's crazy. Thanks for confirming

#8980 78 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Important to have. Someone was able to drop in call outs for supper spinners, pops and double scoring. It was absent in the pro code before. Quote a blunder if you ask me for an otherwise excellent code game.
Not sure where the link is hopefully you all have that.

I'm sure they just stripped it out of the LE code. I've only owned pro in the past but with my Le, I find myself saying well that's different than the pro more than I thought

#8985 75 days ago

guys what's stock settings for posts on the left and right? Is the left in the middle and right side is top (as there are only two slots on the right - top and bottom). thanks

1 week later
#9020 65 days ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I've got to be honest, out of every pin I've played so far (many
over the past few years since getting into the hobby), Tron is THE
absolute stunner of them all. I had no strong interest in it before
playing it, and after trying it at Pinfest, I was absolutely blown
away. I love every aspect of it. I definitely need to figure out if
a Tron Pro will do or if a Tron LE is the way to go. The Tron I
played I thought was a LE but others suggested it was a modded pro.
Regardless, it was phenomenal. I'm envious of you all for having
one already. Once I get Alien here and tucked in, Tron is one of
the next two pins on my list.

Sounds like we have similar taste. I just jumped back into the tron scene after owning 3 trons before them all pro. Love the game, love the speed, sound and look. I went tron LE this time and I just wish it wasn't as expensive b/c it feels like the total package. The ramp lights actually go with the gameplay vs the pros I used to have. Getting a gem shot blue, quora green, sounds simple but it makes it more special. Better call outs, rotating thing in the middle, drop targets and I like shooting the ramps for the exclusive MB. That being said, it is a lot more than a pro. Can't go wrong with either.

Fun game,.

#9025 65 days ago

one other diff I've noticed is how much nicer the LE cab looks with the screen printed colors vs the pros (at least ones I've owned) that we decals. Much deeper colors. I also like the white stock ramp lights on the LE - not sure why but it fits.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside