(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,262 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 395 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(556 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkwing.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3389 4 years ago

Just had 7 lit (5 in a row!), the other 2 flashing, and drained before I could start SOS. Argh! Just one more game!

1 week later
#3472 4 years ago

Every time I click on this thread I see Centerflank's first post about the double wax coat, and I'm reminded that I really should wax Tron again... Guess it's wax time tonight

1 month later
#3634 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I picked up an LE last week and to say I'm loving it would be an understatement. I'm really digging the callouts. I'm tempted to try to make it through a day at work speaking only in Tron callouts

It's fun when you learn the Tron callouts. Given enough beer I start reciting them myself Which, of course, I'm sure my gf loves heh

8 months later
#5172 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

The grid is much better!

Loving it on 8bit mode here.

2 months later
#5914 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Next decision is replacing the orange dmd. i've seen the color but 400 is too much. anyone here have the xpin in white? what do you think?

Dude, if you have a Tron then you're already in for thousands. Why would you cut yourself short over $400 + shipping? The ColorDMD looks awesome man. Zero regrets here. In fact, all of my machines (Tron, Johnny, Simpsons) have ColorDMD and honestly the worst thing you have to worry about is becoming addicted to ColorDMD. Games without color just lose something now

1 week later
#5979 3 years ago

Mmm tournament button... Need to get me one of those.

2 months later
#6357 3 years ago

Finally cleaned the pinballs in Tron for the first time after this wax job. Did not realize they would pick up so much of the extra wax! Dirtiest balls ever! OK I obviously used way too much wax too. But man it plays fast

1 month later
#6481 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I just made Portal for only my second time since buying the game in 2012. I know it's not a great score compared to some of you guys, but I'm fired up!!!

That's some crazy high score man, what's your strategy for getting there? This is coming from a guy that JUST BARELY beat the default grand master score, keep in mind

8 months later
#6938 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

New Tron Remix, makes for a nice change and easy to go back and forth between files. Got a Jimi hendrix one I've been working on for weeks, songs, call outs and DMD. Will publish once finished.
» YouTube video

The Beastie Boys mix is epic! I wish mine did that

1 week later
#6977 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Could do the half orange half blue look, pretty cool look for the game.

I say stick with black or chrome. The orange/blue look is great with the LEDs and plastics, but the trim is just too much. I've seen the trim painted half orange/half blue and all it reminded me of was the Goobers pre-mixed PB&J.

#6990 2 years ago

Alright guys, just checked the audits on my Tron and was pretty impressed with how close the number of left/right drains were. With 898 total plays, I've racked up 602 left drains and 622 right drains. I'm wondering if those 20 extra right drains were the times I saw the ball hit the Zen switch and still spin/bounce into the outlane somehow

2 weeks later
#6999 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Nope, not here, but some games, the buttons are crazy tight, maybe sand the hole a little?

There was a folded up beer koozie and a rubber mallet involved when installing mine. They were tight!

2 weeks later
#7047 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok so I got my NIB LE coming Wednesday. It has probably been sitting in the sellers garage for many years. Any advice what I should do when I set it up ? I hope it still works!

I opened a NIB Tron Pro a few years back (2015?) and the rubbers were absolutely dead. I'm guessing you'll be in the same boat. Other than that, show her some respect and wax the playfield before playing!

1 week later
#7091 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm just a touch under 7 degrees myself....congrats on your new high score, but please don't post it.....seeing these always make me realize how this machine has truly dominated me for years....took me forever to break 100 million!!!

You broke 100?!? haha... I just barely snagged the GC from the default (GS), and I mean by 20k or something lol.

10 months later
#7972 1 year ago

Spotted at the local gas station. He lives! And fights for the users!

05076ACE-BE1C-4E5F-AFAB-8DA9A8B2FA1E (resized).jpeg5A832901-3813-498E-8DCC-DED8CDF1076A (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#9070 81 days ago

After four years, finally hit Portal! Machine still plays brutal with only ~1500 plays haha As soon as I hit that lit portal shot, man, I was screaming at the machine “F YOU SUCK IT B@!#%”... Tron won’t respect you unless you are rough with the machine, you understand

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkwing.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside