IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buckman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1271 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Correct, if I go to GI then its always lit....which isnt too bad, I just wanted them to flash

centerflank - Instead of tying them into the insert, why not plug them into P6 and P7 in the backbox and then they'll flash just like they do on the LE (minus the pulsing the do during double scoring)? Are you just looking for something different?

#1277 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I was just looking to have them flash in accordance with disc multi-ball, but thanks for that suggestion, P6 and P7 powers actual flasher sockets though correct? I shouldn't try to hook up any bayonet sockets to it?

Hopefully you'll figure it out and get those things flashing without any issues! Would be cool. If you tie them into P6 and P7 they flash 3 times every time you hit a jackpot during the disc multi ball (any of the flashing blue disc lights or the main spinning disc). If you can hit a flashing blue disc shot or the spinning disc every few seconds they basically don't stop flashing the entire time (but if you don't hit any shots they don't do anything).

As for the sockets, see the picture below for what I have hooked up to mine (some bayonets that I bought from PBL). Here is a quick video I shot last week of my son playing the disc war multiball (so you can see the apron lights flashing when he hits a shot):

http://www.youtube.com/embed/JNV8_fshD1I?autoplay=1&rel=0

IMG_0102.JPGIMG_0102.JPG

#1281 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well, I had one of my best games ever on my TRON LE last night.

Nice score Rob!

1 week later
#1323 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not sure if you guys heard yet but apparently Centerflank has taken over Encom
I just found this pic on another thread....

Now that's some good stuff!

Quoted from RobT:

Special rarely lights on Tron

I don't think I've ever had a Special on Tron, any idea how you get it?

Quoted from centerflank:

I did use Buckman's Eli mod install thread, very helpful.

Centerflank - Glad to hear the thread helped, and you're machine looks awesome!

#1346 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I'm officially in the Tron loving lamp club. I just picked up Buckman's pimped out Tron pro!!!

Also a public thanks to him for being an amazing seller. Super detailed descriptions, machine is gorgeous. Thanks so much Steve!!

Now that looks like one fine machine you've got there! Walked downstairs this morning and couldn't believe that it wasn't there, but luckily for me there's this cool looking machine I picked up from kamidave to take it's place

Had an awesome time driving up to meet you guys yesterday and drop off the machine, and glad to hear you like the machine. I got lucky with driving yesterday and the Coquihalla Highway wasn't too bad (just a few snowy sections). Always fun doing a pinball road trip!

trip 3.JPGtrip 3.JPG
trip 2.JPGtrip 2.JPG
trip 1.JPGtrip 1.JPG

IMG_2666.JPGIMG_2666.JPG

#1352 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

After a few games I think the LE's ramps light up better than the eli kit? Brighter it seems? Also the motor on this pro is loud as hell. Gonna try and lube it. Don't think Dave's LE was ever that loud. This one sounds like it's about to take off haha...

I also pitched it up to 7 degrees, and adjusted the tilt bob properly, it was set right to the bottom? Your scores don't count now as it was impossible to tilt hahaha..

Can't wait to go play some more tonight! One of my all time fave pins, can't believe it's in my basement!!

I haven't played a game yet on the new LE, but from just looking at the ramps when the machine is turned on I'd say that overall both style of ramps have a pretty similar level of brightness, but they do have a bit different appearance. As QuarterGrabber mentions, Eli's kit uses a clear cable while the LE has a white sheath which holds together a number of cables inside it. The clear cable appears to be a bit translucent whereas you can't see through the LE style cable. Visually though I think both style cables look great.

No doubt that disc motor can be loud. For me I guess I didn't notice it much anymore, just used to the 747 taking off in my basement every time that motor fires up! I thought about trying to lube it, but I just turned the volume up instead and that fixed the problem.

I did have the tilt set all the way down, but now it sounds like you've got it rolling fast and furious!

1 week later
#1424 10 years ago

Got my light cycles all wired up last night, just have to get them mounted on the plastics, install them and tidy up the wires.

Also hooked up the cool splitter from DK Custom Pinball, looks great.

Also can't forget that big 10 inch subwoofer from FF, that sucker rocks!

IMG_2789.JPGIMG_2789.JPG
IMG_2790.JPGIMG_2790.JPG

IMG_2788.JPGIMG_2788.JPG
2 weeks later
#1498 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Had a belated New Years Eve party a couple nights ago with some friends at my place. Played the crap outta Tron,

That's awesome!

Quoted from tomdotcom:

about 5am the left upper flipper died and locked on.

That sucks!

Good thing it's a cheap fix though, just a bit of a hassle.

You made it to Portal on the machine yet?

#1502 10 years ago

Just finished drilling and installing the EL wire on a new set of Pro ramps for a fellow Pinsider. Eli's kit is definitely awesome but the EL wire sure does look cool as well!

both done.JPGboth done.JPG

#1503 10 years ago

The past few days I've had Tron ramp madness going on at my place. Ramps, ramps and more ramps!

IMG_2945.JPGIMG_2945.JPG
#1512 10 years ago

Maybe that mysterious writing is about this book?

moon and back.jpgmoon and back.jpg

1 week later
#1526 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

By the way, my TRON is an LE now if you didnt see in the other thread, yes, I know Im a pic&thumbsups kinda whore.

Big thumbs up for the custom made sign and blue tape, adds a very nice touch (the tape fits into the overall theme of the machine perfectly).

#1528 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im sure you guys saw the other thread Jetzxi started...but she is here!

Forgot to say congrats on the new purchase! That's one nice machine you've got there. After the kids were down for the night tonight I went downstairs with a Lagunitas Sucks and played about 10 games of ACDC. I was just about thinking that ACDC was my new favourite machine until...I decided to play 1 game of Tron to finish up the night.

Made it to SOS with double scoring and had Flynn, Gem, CLU, Zeus and Quorra all solid, hello Mr. 35 million for SOS! I also had special lit for the first time ever, absolutely no idea how I did it but I'm pretty sure I didn't get the extra ball for rolling over the switch.

Anyway, it's all good in the world and Tron still reins supreme at Buck's Arcade!

IMG_3140.JPGIMG_3140.JPG
#1530 10 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Guys, for those of you who have a Flynn's sign but didn't want to invest a lot of time and money into a PIG 2 to make it turn on and off with the GI, check out this thread:

One project that I want to get going on soon is to get my PIG 2 into the Tron and get it fired up. Read over that thread you mentioned and that sure sounds interesting to hook the Flynn sign up to the GI, pretty cool!

#1538 10 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Buckman, I've started seeing the Special lately. Rarely it is an award from the arcade scoop. The DMD shows a funky "S" graphic for this.

Any idea how you light special? All I know is that I was having a pretty good game and suddenly I noticed that the special lights were on. I was like a deer in the headlights because I've never seen it lit before on the game! I was so happy to see them lit I didn't even think about what I might have done to do it.

#1541 10 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

I hope this helps!

sure does, thanks for the explanation!

#1554 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Can someone school me in two things: The hallmark lightcycles and using a PIG 2 to control a mod/mods.

1: How do you wire up the lightcycles from Hallmark and how do you mount them. I have no problem wiring them myself, I just need to know the specifics.

2: How do you mount the Hallmark cycles in the game?

About a month ago a fellow Pinsider was asking about the light cycles, click on this thread and near the bottom of the page you'll see a post I put up with some text and also some pictures, hopefully it'll help:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-must-haves

1 month later
#1746 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I finally got portal multiball! I had to finish almost all the modes in SOS to do it too. Worst part was I had the sound off cause my son was making me listen to a song. Still F'n stoked!!

Nice! Good to see you're still enjoying the machine, hard to believe it's already been 3 months since I made the trek up to the Loops with that bad boy.

3 weeks later
#1994 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Ok, more mod help. What didn't I buy or am I missing something to install the metal apron and the plastic triangles.

If you want to see exactly where to line up the apron retaining brackets just click on the thread I posted a while back showing how to install an LE style apron in a Pro (scroll down about halfway and you'll see a close up picture showing where to align the brackets):

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-my-new-tron-le-style-apron-check-it-out

4 months later
#2445 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

My question is, how do I restart Sea of Simulation, and hopefully build to Portal?? Do I just need to restart/try to complete all the modes that are once again unlit after Sea of Simulation??

Asked this very question myself a while back (hopefully the thread will answer your question):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-can-you-restart-sea-of-simulation

1 year later
#4422 8 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

My buddy who owned the LE changed the DAFT completions to 1 instead of 2. Makes it alot more achievable for the 'average' player...

And I've left it on 1 completion for Daft Punk and it definitely makes it more achievable. Don't think I'd see it much at all if I had it on 2 completions.

Also forgot I had done that vid of Daft Punk multiball, that's my machine a few posts up!

#4430 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So with all this talk of changing settings, I'm not seeing a daft punk multi ball setting in features menu....says ver. 1.74 on boot, and see pic of rom below...is all good?

To change it this is all you need to do:

1) Go into the "GAME" adjustments (this is the feature adjustments, 2nd one over on the left).

2) Go to # 19 "1st end of the line M.B. letters" and change it to 1 (default is 2).

You're done!

If you want you can also change feature # 20 which is for second or more times around. Minimum you can set it to is 4 times and I've never managed to start Daft Punk twice in the same game.

#4433 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Got it...mine was on "2" and "8".....THANK YOU!!!....time to see if I can finally get there.....mark

You're welcome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buckman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=buckman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.