(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,273 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7687 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

hi there.
happy to join the club, number #184
mine gets blue dmd. what about blue dmd vs colordmd?
what are the best mods for this one?
i'm also looking for the illuminated chrome or blue armor. has anyone get one for sale?
thanks

Definitely colored DMD. I have the illuminated chrome armor, , both look great.
This is one pin you can mod like crazy, in my opinion, must haves are upgraded speakers with woofer, colored DMD, Invisiglass and the arcade 3.1 mod. You can literally spend thousands of dollars if you want to go crazy.

#7691 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Completely agree..color DMD, PDI, newest arcade mod, and clear disc are musts, imho.....EL lit rails and hinges are hard to come by anymore (Gio used to provide)....LE...welcome to the grid!!!!

The clear disc is really nice and fast. I’ve never had an issue of it spinning out of control enough to break anything.
When I bought my LE, it came with Gio’s Rails uninstalled, it didn’t have any connectors to power the LEDs. Once I installed that, it works and looks fantastic.
I left Gio a message about them, no response.
Good luck in finding them.

#7692 1 year ago

What is clear disc? Who is Gio?
Tahnks

Clear disc is a replacement of the stock black disc. It’s much faster and doesn’t leave black marks on your playfield.
Gio used to be co owner of Pinball Refinery. Steve now owns MI. Pinball Refinery. Both are great guys and do incredible work to make a stock pin into a really unique pin with there mods and powder coating. Gio is out of Northern California and Steve is in Michigan.

#7696 1 year ago

How to contact Gio?
Thanks

Pin name is Zdoor. Just PM him. I tried, no response.

#7703 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Best route.....
I'd be willing to pickup a couple more, if someone wants to put another order together (never getting rid of mine until they all go)....

Add me to the order. I’ll take three.

#7721 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ll do it again but this time I’d have to ask for payment upfront off everyone, as last time a number of pinsiders changed their minds and left me with over a dozen discs I didn’t need.
Thankfully though there was a number of awesome pinsiders that took those extras off my hands, more than happy to help but I wouldn’t be able to do anything until this weekend, had a lot of family issues recently that has required 100% of my time and attention but I could get a simple bulk order done this weekend!

I have know problem paying in advance. Let me know what amount for three orders and shipping.
Thanks for Getting these for us.

#7794 1 year ago

Confirmed, thank you.

1 week later
#7852 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Order is in, will be coming in two parts due to amount of parts being ordered, I’ll do my best to pm everyone tonight/over the course of the next couple nights and once items arrive my end send them out hopefully in the order people signed up or as close as possible, I have admittedly lost track a little due to the sheer amount of people.

I know it takes a lot of time and effort to do this. Thank you very much, it’s really appreciated!

1 month later
#8009 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

To everyone waiting on disc orders to ship, can you please bare with me.
Without going into too much detail, my girlfriends son was admitted into hospital last week, he came out over the weekend but as of the early hours of this morning has been taken into intensive care.
I have everyone’s remaining orders packaged and ready to go and I did plan to get those all out today but spent most of today traveling backwards and forwards from her place to the hospital getting her and the little man things.
Really sorry guys for the delays, it is stressing me out not getting these out sooner but if you guys can just bare with me that would take a weight off my mind, I will do my best to get these out before the weekend.

My prayers are with you and your family.
You have much greater things to take care of and worry about, than some of our mods.

3 weeks later
#8137 1 year ago

Checking most the tracking numbers nearly all orders should be with everyone which is a relief!

Just received my discs. Thank you Jon!

#8140 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Installed 85vett's strip over my flipper fidelity kit today, what a difference! There's literally a million combinations, this is a seriously killer mod. Here's a crappy video, enjoy

Wow what a difference. I need to order one.

2 months later
#8487 12 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Fail to see your point Paul. Lyman has dropped surprise code updates for games years after they have been released and considered complete before.
AC/DC (4 years since last code update) and TWD (2 years after last code update) being the most recent examples, those code drops came out of nowhere.
The last code update for TRON also came out of the blue almost 2 years after the update before it when it was considered complete and finished.
You just never know with Lyman, the guys a modern day pinball legend imo.

Lyman is a genius. Not only is he the best code developer, he also takes pins that are just so so, and turns them into gems!

3 weeks later
#8544 11 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

Only 10 years late, but got this installed tonight. Absolute must have.....[quoted image]

One of the best mods in pinball.

7 months later
#9065 3 months ago

Great job on the Flynn sign Lior. It looks fantastic!

32A256A0-7748-489D-8BEA-474C2BA6DC28 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside