(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,259 posts
  • 467 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by monkeyboypaul
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,243 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1334 5 years ago

Pics look great. Great info here. Trying to get back myself. Looking for a tron in Md.. Pa Va. area

2 weeks later
#1431 5 years ago

Tron back in the gameroom and loving it...Im really trying to learn the rules and now understand why this game is so awesome. Love the lights and sounds. Question is on Find Flynn according to pin news review a red arrow moves accross pf from left to right. I never seem to see a red arrow and sometimes I get flynn lit solid and dont know what I did. Was there an update or did I not get the memo or what to do?

#1436 5 years ago

Thanks...understand all the comments I just dont recall seeing red arrow flashing anywhere

1 month later
#1567 5 years ago

Arcade scoop Coil Power question. My ball comes flying out of the scoop so fast its hard to catch or even control it. Sometimes it bounces off flipper back into arcade scoop. I played a friends Tron and it is a much slower and easier to control ball from arcade. Curious if there is much diff out there. I did not look at coil number. Anyone know how fast it should fire ?

1 year later
#4056 4 years ago

I posted this once Befote but can't find it. Tron is returning to line up. I saved the old Code from mine on a flash drive. When Tron arrives how do I put my new code in ?

Thanks !

#4099 4 years ago

Looking to buy Flynn sign and arcade mod. Best place to get both? Anyone selling an extra?

#4113 4 years ago

I have a set of recognizer round rubber pieces in a baggy that game with my game. Are their instructions anywhere on how to install them?

Thanks

#4115 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Add a pic, are they the small round ones that go behind the recognizer bank when its down?

Yep.

image.jpg

#4118 4 years ago

Found the instructions. What do you recommend putting in ultrasonic cleaner? and where can I get the best adhesive?

Thanks

#4135 4 years ago

Anyone have a link to a cool Tron Legacy movie poster? Setting up my classroom and want to add a Tron poster and one for Interstellar. Saw a few on Amazon but wanted to see if anyone on here had one they like. PM if you have one for sale.

#4163 4 years ago

Yes. Thanks ! Going in class room

#4168 4 years ago

picked up a used arcade mod...are their instructions out there...not sure which version I have.

#4170 4 years ago

I would not mess with lights too much. Tron pretty easy to shop. the Ewire on Ramp is permanents. You can remve ecwire from under pf mount by loosing set screw. Then pull wire ends outs. Not sure how many times the wires can be removed and reseated

#4177 4 years ago

I posted this on another thread and sm starting to get some help. Any Tron mod experts that can hunt down the connectors for the Flynn sign and arcade mod let me know. Mods have wiring but missing the connector into game wiring.

#4181 4 years ago

DKpinball comes through. Sending me a flynn connector. Great guy.

Now I just need to confirm 6 pin molex for arcade mod that plugs in next to florescent bulb as the seller thinks he found the harness.

2 weeks later
#4234 3 years ago

Center flank dumb question. . Can I install your spinning disc rubber thingies over the old one ? Wasn't sure if that would work. Looks like I need a razor blade to lift old discs off and then apply adhesive spray

#4240 3 years ago

What retail store sells best adhesive ?

#4249 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Installed a new blue rubber disc pad without any adhesive but I also purchased a new plastic disc. I think the key is the new plastic disc as I had no issues so far of separation or lifting. Not sure if the backing is different between the clear & blue.

Who sells the Tron plastic disc ?

#4250 3 years ago

Need to give shout out to Robert at hooked on pinball. Helped a buddy install Tron light cycles. This is the third time I have put them on a pin. Quality is great and easy install.

I also put his chrome pop bumper mod on my tron. Looks great!

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

#4263 3 years ago

I wonder if Tron 3 ever get off the ground...I dont think 2 was a great movie but potential always there. Looks like Disney has a lot on their plate with SW

#4265 3 years ago

It was good not great

1 year later
#6535 2 years ago

Back in the Tron club....Have an extra Clu translite and a blue lighted shooter rod assembly. Translite 60 shipped. Make me an offer on shooter assembly and Ill throw both in the tube.

#6537 2 years ago

Cool vid. yeah my clear one throws the ball out of control. Wish I could tone it down 25%

#6542 2 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

You can add high voltage resistors to the motor to slow it down. That's what I use and it has worked great!

Quoted from bjorg:

You can add high voltage resistors to the motor to slow it down. That's what I use and it has worked great!

easy? any pics or details?

#6552 2 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

Hi. Does anyone have a topper for sale or knows how I can get one? Thanks.

cointaker..back in stock. They have 3 left.

#6556 2 years ago

I'm getting "hooked" pop bumper caps....I have the pinbits blue devo pops....I will sell them for $30 shipped if someone wants them...

1 month later
#6633 2 years ago

Just installed Hooked pop bumper mod in chrome. Because Tron pop bumpers are more visible then other pins these really look great.

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p5/Tron_Pop_Bumper_Kit_(back_ordered_1_week).html

8 months later
#7152 1 year ago

Getting Tron back. Seen a few posts but wanted to see the best recognizer
Rubber pad to get

#7164 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have been asking the same thing myself but with no joy or response.
There are quite a few different Recognizer mods so I'd love to hear some opinions on who's is the best and why.

Im talking about the replacement rubber disc. Was tempted by clear one. But some say too much spin and craziness

#7166 1 year ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Clear disc of doom is awesome. It settles down after awhile.

Cool. Who sells it?

#7168 1 year ago

Thx...Ill prob order a few extras and may sell 1 local

1 week later
#7191 1 year ago

Found a spare disc pad in my coin Box. Can anyone tell if this is just a spare stern or a new better one.

IMG_7540 (resized).JPG

#7193 1 year ago

That's what I thought too

#7196 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I will pm everyone that's in on the clear disc order with a little invoice of sorts later today, so look out for a pm shortly.

thx!

1 week later
#7206 1 year ago

Anyone going to remake the flynn sign? looking for one. Thx

1 week later
#7221 1 year ago

I just installed my 10th+ shaker motor in a pin. Every once in a while it seems you run into an issue....No shake on my tron. I plugged conntros in...one is on the left side the other is the brown wire in the back. I pushed in the white high voltage button and no shake...

I tested the shaker and the board in a pin next to it works perfect. Any what else to check on Tron? Its really just the brown wire connector in back of cab. Maybe a fuse on the board? Weird cause this is a lightly routed tron and it had a shaker in it before.

#7224 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I just installed my 10th+ shaker motor in a pin. Every once in a while it seems you run into an issue....No shake on my tron. I plugged conntros in...one is on the left side the other is the brown wire in the back. I pushed in the white high voltage button and no shake...
I tested the shaker and the board in a pin next to it works perfect. Any what else to check on Tron? Its really just the brown wire connector in back of cab. Maybe a fuse on the board? Weird cause this is a lightly routed tron and it had a shaker in it before.

Found the problem...Q8 is not populated with a Transistor...I wonder if it failed and was removed at sometime? Were there early boards that did not have a Trans there? It looks like there was never one in there.

#7244 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You guys don't think changing the io power driver board made the shaker motor "stronger ". Is that even possible ? Because I swear it was working fine before

If I remember you just loosen allen screw and move counterweights..When I played with it a while back I remember I could even line them up so when it spins there is no shake...just tweak the location of the weights.

1 week later
#7278 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I got tired of it, so I left it alone. I think I am overreacting a bit. yes the recognizer and that yellow bike shake some, but it only does it if the shaker goes on continuously and at full power. I would like to get that weight changed to 90 degrees, but man taking that screw off was impossible, so I gave up.. ok time to enjoy the game now and not worry about it
Thanks for all the tips.

Rotate the weights on shaker ?

#7280 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah thats what Im trying to do, but that damn screw wont come out.

allan head?

#7285 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I wished you chimed in posts ago! Ill try this out
Thanks

I chimed in on another post. Just slide weights closer together. You can adjust shaker down to almost nothing

1 week later
#7296 1 year ago

So what was the best adhesive for the spinning discs? I have a new disc base from Pin life since people say the old adhesive will not come off. Mine arrived today and will prob tackle later this week.

#7298 1 year ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

I posted this awhile back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/135#post-3629473
It is still holding strong and it has been over a year. I tried the spray adhesive first and it didn't hold up.

Thx. I wonder if the primer is needed.

4 months later
#7511 1 year ago

Two extra recognizer clear rubber disc sets available. Prefer to sell as a bundle. Ad in marketplace.

2 months later
#7665 1 year ago

Troubleshooting a Tron Arcade mod that went out. We know its not the arcade mod casuse it works in another pin. Where does the 2 pin connector go that it plugs into. I may need to trace it back and see why no power.

Thx

#7666 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

As awesome as the Eli kit is, in my opinion you would be better off getting timebandit Total Lightshow (TLS) Tron kit, it takes it to another level, if I didnt have an LE, TLS is the definitive lighting mod for TRON and would be my choice! But either way your going to give your retinas an orgasm

Link to a vid of it in action?

10 months later
#8847 5 months ago

Getting back in the club. 2 questions

Anyone make the Herg board that syncs the leds on the topper, rampes etc?

Best place to buy light cycles?

Thx!

#8850 5 months ago
Quoted from TZBen:

selling my sweet huo original owner second run tron in Socal (92127)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76962

Sell me the light cycles.

#8865 4 months ago

Just got back in the club. Only things I need to add are the arcade mod and the scoop cliffy. Anyone have either of these they never installed an older version of arcade mod you upgrades shoot me a PM

Thx

#8885 4 months ago

Anyone help me make a back up copy of my Tron code? Cant get it to work.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usb-help-backing-up-tron-code

#8887 4 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The tron code is still available via stern pages - https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/
Why would you like to make your own backup?

I have a custom code that came on my Game. But I want to tweak 1-2 songs. Want to back it up before making changes

#8889 4 months ago
Quoted from insx:

Is it custom custom or is it one of the 3 main remixes available here?

I Just picked up the game and def is custom I have no way of knowing which it is....Just no idea why it wont let me back it up. The music from my Herg board is def synced to the music so I dont want to lose it..Ill post a video of attract mode later.

#8891 4 months ago

That's the exact post I used....But when I insert USB nothing happens like in my pic. I tried 4 diff USB so something is not letting mine back up. Thx for checking though!

#8894 4 months ago
Quoted from herg:

I've tried to tell him that, but he insists he's going to convince me by posting a video.
Techincally, the Eli ramp lighting uses lamp, coils, and flashers to figure out which mode(s) are active. My board follows what the ramp lighting is doing, which the one exception that it lights blue when the ramps go dark.

Ill post video here....Must just be a coincidence

Just realized can’t post a vid

Any way I can tell which tron mix I have ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside