IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9075 4 years ago

For all the Tron owners out there.... I am looking at a well modded Pro locally. I was ready to make an offer as I was told it had the Eli ramp mod (the mod that is most important to me as I love the lighted ramps). However, inspecting it yesterday, I realized that the lighted ramps on the machine don't change colors. It appears to be El wiring but not the color changing Eli mod.

Now I am a bit torn. Is the Eli ramp or the other Tron lighted ramp mod even still available to buy?

The pin is HOU only and has a lot of other nice upgrades like the arcade mod, Flynn sign, lighted cycles, blue dmd, flipper fidelity speakers, shaker, etc. It just doesn't have the mod I wanted most, the changing lighted ramps.

Should I hold out hope that Stern makes a VE with the factory lighted ramps or try to find an aftermarket ramp mod (if even still available)?

#9077 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I’d say go for it... and try to locate kit after the fact. I wouldn’t hold my breath on vault edition.

Thanks. Do you know if any of the kits are still made and what they sell for? I saw there was a guy in Australia making one as late as last year. Can't find anything else on it, though.

Also wondering how difficult or long it takes to install something like that?...

#9080 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a few hours job easy, but it's gonna really depend on how the EL wire was done. To do it right you need to take off both ramps, drill them, and then run the fiber optic with zip ties. Then reinstall the ramps and do the actual light block setup.
If they're drilled already for the EL wire, and drilled properly mind you, with all the spots you need, you'll still need to take things apart, but it will save a little drilling time, and the stress of doing it right, heh.
This is why in that thread about mods adding value or not I listed Tron as an example. The lighted ramps aren't only a must have imo, the game looks broken without them to my eyes, but the install is stress and work, having it done already is a big plus.

Thank you for the input. I haven't done anything like that before. Someone else obviously did. Just a bit baffled why they would do it with El wiring instead of the significantly better and interactive, light changing ramp mods.

Again, does anyone know if either of the interactive ramp mods are still being made and sold?

#9082 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Some people did the EL thing before the ramp kits were available (which was a long time). And a few did it after because it was so much less expensive.
Write to pinbits (http://www.pinbits.com) and ask then if they are ever going to make them again. That was where I bought mine. Maybe there is enough demand to do a run. But they would know.

Thank you. I've sent them an email. Do you remember how much the kits were previously? Trying to figure this out to determine if I should use it in negotiation.

#9084 4 years ago

Ok, thanks. Hopefully the Total Light Show kit is still available. Pretty sure the Eli ramp mod is long gone.

I know this may not he a popular sentiment amongst current owners but sure wish Stern would just make a VE with factory light ramps.

#9087 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I do not think a VE will do Tron justice. Upgrading to the current form LCD would be a miss for me. It is just to small for Tron. If you go lcd go the JJP way. That brings the content to live. If I look at the hobbit, POTC and even Wonka....the lcd from JJP just nails it. So I would rather see that 27” lcd project and put that in any premium or LE than get a VE with or without LCD. And remind all, these VE’s won’t be cheap......

If they did a VE, I doubt it would have any LCD. I'm sure it would have the lighted ramps and most if not all of the original LE features. What would be interesting is if they put in some of the best mods like the better lighted cycles and arcade mod.

With that stuff, even without the lcd, they would probably sell a fair number at Premium, 7k type pricing. Modded Pros with a lot of that stuff go for 6-6.6k now.

#9093 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have EL wiring that I did myself, before the fancier option was available. I also have an LE. While I prefer the LE, I can't say it's that big a deal. My Pro has blue & orange static EL wiring and it works just fine.

That is what this one has as well. Is the brightness adjustable on your El wires? It looked a bit dim on tge one I looked at but the owner didnt know if there was any wayvto adjust the brightness setting.

#9094 4 years ago

I looked at that. Kind of cool but not exactly the same effect as the Eli ramp mod which I prefer on Tron.

#9113 4 years ago

Why on earth did Stern make cabinets like this to begin with? To save $10? How does something so blatantly poorly designed ever get ok'ed by their QC?

#9115 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

Ordered! Tempted with the fibre too from the guy in Qz but is that overkill to have both do you think?

I would think you choose one or the other. I just bought the TLS fiber kit. Looks a lot more like the LE lighting and factory ramp style. I also liked that it can dim the GI and control other game lighting to optimize the lamp lighting effects.

3 months later
#9279 4 years ago

I installed a pop bumper mod on my Tron this weekend. One of the washers got lost when I unscrewed the big one in front so I lifted the playfield looking for it.

Now my right flipper isn't working at all. If you press the button, after it's been on a while, Zuse or whatever voice activates but it doesn't work at all (dead) when playing

Any ideas on what may have happened and what the problem may be?

May be just a coincidence but the screwy way Stern did the rails on this era of pin makes me wonder if something around there got damaged or knocked loose while resting and trying to get the rails up front correct to slide everything back in place.

3 weeks later
#9311 4 years ago

What could cause the right Flipper on my Tron to stop working? Is there a fuse in that area or would it be something else?

#9313 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Most likely a fuse or disconnected wire on the flipper solenoid. Just happened on my LOTR and it was simply a fuse.

Thank you! Anyone know where the fuses are for the flippers on Tron and what type they use?

2 months later
#9367 4 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Anybody know where I can get an Eli's Ramp lighting kit?

I don't think it is made anymore but the Trom Total Light Show kit is and is as good or better.

#9368 4 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Anybody know where I can get an Eli's Ramp lighting kit?

I don't think it is made anymore but the Tro nTotal Light Show kit is and is as good or better.

#9380 4 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

There’s a Fynns sign on eBay for sale now.
ebay.com link

Is that how much this mod was when it was being made? Mine came with it but I am always curious what these mods cost originally.

#9382 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

That's a replica of the original one.
The original one was here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-shipping-lit-flynns-arcade-sign-mod-for-tron-pinball - and sold for $75, so the price isn't a million miles away.

Thank you! On a related note, does anyone know how the Flynn sign mod attached to the ramp and under the playfield? I still need to install my Total Light Show ramp mod and will need to remove the ramps (and Flynn sign sitting on the ramp) to do so.

#9385 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You'll be fine. The wire routes behind the flasher and into a hole by the arcade. Mounts using the upper ramp mount and flasher mount.[quoted image]

Thank you! I'd probably know this already if I'd gone under the PF to follow the wire but does the Flynns sign attach to the GI with alligator clips or something/somewhere else?

1 year later
#10133 2 years ago

Thinking of putting my HUO Tron Pro up for sale. Trying to gauge the current market value. It has most of of the must have mods:

*El wires on ramps (I have an uninstalled TLS kit to upgrade it and the ramps are already drilled for the current El wires)
*Tron arcade mod and lit Flynn sign
*Lighted cycles mod
*Hooked metal pop caps
*shaker & 3d Translite
*Blue DMD
*lighted recognizer mod
*upgraded to leds

I'm kind of torn as it is a nice example and woukd be tough to replace but woukd have to sell something for funds and space for a EHOH. Any insight or thoughts on current value?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=Utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.