tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

Tron rules. I had SOS ready to go tonight as well and drained off freaking disc multiball . . . only 45 mill points but I could have had it rocking too. Did take back my GC score on my DW from fellow Pinsider Jodster tonight . . . so I'm pleased with the evening of pinball action.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

my lawyer may have to chime in on this for clarification.

Quoted from Trophybeeyautch:

and where is that lawyer??? hmmmm

Sorry Centerflank, your machine leads and retainer only get you so far . . . I could never take your side against Trophy . . . extraordinarily beautiful women that play pinball always win.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You just damn near earned your first thumbs down from me ever.
edit- but, I gave thumbs up as I do truly enjoy beautiful pin loving lassies...

That's okay; kel heard me laughing and surfed over to pinside to see why . . . I'm in the doghouse now anyway as my penance for my brief treachery.

#19 10 years ago

LOL! Tiger got the Pfft! Boom!

Yes, when the queen gives the pfft that is not usually a good sign. Also, she has the master weapons and she knows it.

125365.jpg125365.jpg

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

4) Gem is the tough one to get, Ive gotten better at deflecting off TRON targets into gem and its a much easier shot when the 3recognizer targets are down

This is one reason why the pro is better than the LE. The bank shot is not available on the LE. I've had to harness my skill at plunging for GEM . . . also not easy but with practice and decent nudging you can get it about 50% of the time (maybe a little less).

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nah,that was last night, we have an every other night schedule, its the off day. Is that TMI?

It is only TMI if you say something like that is how long it takes her to recover. Ha!

2 months later
#741 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Are you guys running Cliffys arcade scoop protector?
Just getting a list of things I need for my new Tron.

I think pretty much everyone is using the Cliffy (at least most). The list of mods for this game will blow you away...did you get a NIB one or one that already has some mods?

#743 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Tiger I scored a HUO Tron w/very low plays has... arcade mod 2.1, shaker, Flynn sign, 2 trans lights & Hallmark lighted Cycles that haven't been installed yet (I will be asking for tips on installation soon not sure if wiring them so they are on all the time is best?)

Get PDI or Invisiglass. Tron is a game that really deserves it.

I just got some light cycles from Ditto. I need to install those on mine as well. And my mirror blades that I have had now for six months and haven't installed! Ha!

#752 10 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I Need a hand deciding which to sell. TRON LE or Monster Bash? Hehe

Dump MB all day long. Keep the Tron LE.

Eh, you asked the Tron love thread. Anyone who gives advise other than the above gets tossed out of the thread.

3 weeks later
#983 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Don't forget the matching jacket and kicks!

LOL, where do you find that? I might wear that next time I go to a local pinball event and spaz everyone out! Ha!

1 month later
#1170 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

This one is going to Tigerlaw.

P1010247.JPG 730 KB

Thanks bro! That is going to look awesome!

7 months later
#2359 9 years ago

No kidding . . . take AFM to freaking pound town, no way it sniffs Tron's dust and we have some ground to make up.

7 months later
#2950 9 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Just stumbled on this listing on eBay: TRON Pinball Alternate Translite / With adult versions!
ebay.com link » Tron Pinball Alternate Translite With Adult Versions
My machine is at the office, so sadly not an option for me!

That's hysterical. I might buy one for a friends machine and see what happens. Ha!

6 months later
#3946 8 years ago

Quick question for a friend:

How do I change back to the original game music sound tract of someone changed it to the alt sound tract before my friend purchased the game?

Thanks in advance, I sure miss being a member of this club!!!

#3949 8 years ago

Ah, that simple eh, good. Thanks again!

8 months later
#5758 8 years ago

I'm back in the club baby!!!!!!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5765 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes..." Four horsemen" thread is sidetracking recent action....t

Nah, now that I'm back in the club here everyone just feels more relaxed. Less anxiety.

#5772 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

It was a sign from "The Grid". "Who does that" to their Mercedes and why was it outside my house?

I'm pretty sure Centerflank was doing a stake out on you to make sure you weren't selling your Tron.

1 week later
#5836 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hmm, I was thinking of using a Scottish tone.

If you write that letter in any language or tone other than Khoisan click you will be demoted to vice chair of this Tron love fest thread.

#5838 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If it's not Scottish its crap!

Alright, you can click with a Scottish accent. We want an audio clip played here though.

#5846 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He sold a TRON once so that immediately disqualifies him for the position of Encom CEO

I confessed my sins directly to the Apron of Destiny and received redemption. The apron will confirm this is true and then you shall face a vote of non-confidence due to your new pledged affinity to the four horsemen.

1 week later
#5872 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And fresh EL under my instruction cards.....one badass machine!!!

Wow! I need to do that pronto. Looks amazing!

#5880 7 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Well that sums it up. TRONBROS, motion to change thread title to "Tron: Holy Fuckin Motherfucking Fuck Balls"

I love it. Seconded. We will have to figure out a way to sneak it past the mods.

#5881 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRON is by far the best subwoofer add on game, Ive played quite a few with woofers and nothing has come close.....

I agree, and it's not even close. The shotgun shells on BBH sound superb with a sub but it is still nothing close the start of light cycle multiball.

1 week later
#5961 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Lets not talk about how much I could've reduced my mortgage principal or how many hours I had to work- let's just celebrate THE SON OF OUR MAAKKEERR.
here it is in the midst of its single and final ownership transition:

Welcome to the family! An LE to boot! Very nice. You won't regret the purchase for sure.

#6000 7 years ago

You can crush the gem shot with power balls. I need to get one.

#6012 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

you need an led ball now in order to see it lol...

Perhaps he is using the glow in the dark power balls.

#6028 7 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Soooo. What's better? Blue DMD or Color DMD. I have Blue...could go color.

Color DMD. Not even close.

1 week later
#6079 7 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

Oh well. Random tricked out Tron in the wild down here in SOFL.

That is incredible. That pin was owned by a collector at some point, super nice.

Did you put the GC score on it?

#6113 7 years ago

I think the AoD is in an undisclosed location courtesy of the US Postal Service at the moment.

1 week later
#6212 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The Gem Chrystal Apron..

Wow! Where did you find that? Very nice!

#6234 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

SWEET!!!.....congrats and welcome.....

You didn't ask about the clear disk. Tisk tisk, CF will be disappointed when he returns to find all these new members with dark rubber disks.

1 year later
#7452 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

be careful. don't say anything like that outside this thread. i said something similar about The Hobbit. people neg'd me...

Did you say it in a Hobbit thread or in a JJP thread? Tron is widly considered a better game than Hobbit and not just in this thread.

1 year later
#9185 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No one truly leaves the grid, btw....

That is for sure. I just bought a heavily loaded pro last week. Tron becomes the first game to come into my collection three times...

pics to follow after machine pickup.

#9198 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I moved over to the clear disc without adding a resistor and it’s been a blast with 0 damage. The ball movement is insane...really beyond any mech in any game I’ve ever played. It’s really cool when the spin causes it to nail GEM! No joke. Not trying to convince you, just giving you my experience...

The downside with the clear disc is it will need somewhat frequent replacement.

#9220 4 years ago

Any recommendations for a top flight external subwoofer?

#9222 4 years ago

Thanks. Anything else needed with it to get it connected? Never used a sub before, thinking it’s time with Tron and maybe pick up a second for BSD.

#9230 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

These sub’s on amazon are a popular choice. I waited for a sale and picked it up for $89.99
amazon.com link »

This makes it easy to connect it
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

I’m running this setup on my Tron and it’s awesome

Gosh, I forgot how awesome all the Tron people were. Thanks for all the suggestions gang, I went with the above set up, should arrive next Friday just in time for a little pin party my wife and I are hosting. I go and pick up the Tron on Sunday, I'll share some photos of it set up.

#9245 4 years ago

Here are some photos of my Tron. I’ll need to order a topper at some point this year. Are there any suggestions for this? I’m unlikely to make a topper. F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpegF91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#10079 3 years ago

Good evening. Where can I but they clear spinning disc? The really crazy one. Thanks in advance!

4 months later
#10448 2 years ago

I’d like to reduce the number of Gem shots necessary to start Gem. I can’t find where in my settings to do this…can someone walk me through where to find this? I looked for a good while, I must be missing something really basic. Thanks in advance.

#10457 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’d like to reduce the number of Gem shots necessary to start Gem. I can’t find where in my settings to do this…can someone walk me through where to find this? I looked for a good while, I must be missing something really basic. Thanks in advance.

Just wanted to bump this question in case anyone new. I used to be able to find this but it has vanished from my settings. Do I need to re-load the code? Can one of you check where it is in your settings? Thanks!

#10473 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What code are you on?

Version 1.74. I checked again tonight, still can’t find where to adjust GEM. It is the oddest thing.

#10475 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just looked and didn’t see anything. Do you think it was the code level before this one? Like 1.70 or whatever it was.

Could be. I had to update the code to restore the original music. I had the ability to reduce the number of GEM shots when I had the other music on it, but now it’s gone.

Does anyone else recall being able to do things in the code like reduce the number of GEM shots needed or reduce the number of recognizer hits needed? Can anyone still access these things on the latest code?

#10478 2 years ago

Thanks for checking northvibe

Anyone else have any idea where in the settings to adjust the number of GEM hits it takes to start GEM? Is that simply not possible to do on code 1.74? That is a really odd thing to have disappear from the code. Thanks in advance.

#10480 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Confirmed. I just went through all my settings on 1.74 and there is no Gem adjustment.

What an odd thing to have removed in a final code update. Had to be simply an over site to have that taken out of the game. Not the end of the world of course, but Wow!!! I wonder what other settings accidentally didn’t make the final code update.

#10482 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Wonder if anyone has the prior file version to try

Great question! Anyone running the prior code?

2 years later
#11487 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinballbuyer:

Posted for sale ad on a used and complete pinbits ramp light kit. $525 shipped to U.S. only.
I am redoing my wireform design to be stainless steel ramps this time and I use a better light sourced led. (My eyes anyway). That is the only reason I am selling the kit. It is used and working. Picture below is previous design. That is what I am improving shortly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/166258

They really need to do another run of the ramp light kit with these getting $525 used. What was the reason they stopped running these? I’m sure a lot of people would like to have a back up kit.

#11489 5 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

ill make some calls...

Great seeing your posts again bro!

#11491 5 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

well....hopefully you didn't see that one thread last night

It was like watching a reunion! Ha!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.