IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotronx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1209 10 years ago

I traded my CFTBL today for this beautiful TRON machine
Has a bunch of mods and plays great
I will be ordering the pinbits glow wire kit as soon as they are in stock again.
It's a very happy good day!

IMG_1676.JPGIMG_1676.JPG
#1216 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Congrats! Looks like it needs a de-Frax-ing! That dude can put up some scores. I should have made him give me a lesson when we made a trade a while back...

All of the high scores are his; I need to become much better player to beat them.
Going to have fun trying.

3 weeks later
3 months later
#1853 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Question: hooked bumper caps or Pinbits caps with uv 555 bulbs. I like the look of hooked but like the uv bulbs that the Pinbits caps facilitate.

I have both the Pinbits caps and Hooked caps
Have the hooked ones on now and I like them better the one problem is the blue one is not as bright as the yellow or orange; I wish instead of blue it was a frosted white or a really light blue.

#1854 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have both, my blue Hooked one didn't fasten well and would spin (He has corrected that now) so I put the Pinbits Devo hat back on that one bumper.

Mine would spin too i ended up removing the piece that extends to the post and install like the other 2.
I think it looks better now

#1858 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So how does the TRON logo work on the Hooked caps? It's a decal? I like the caps, but honestly I don't like the logo, I don't want to see the text 3 times, would have rather it was an abstract design that was more identity disc like. If you leave off the decal I assume it's just a big colored center.

Its just a sticker that you can leave off; it would just be a colored center
A design would be really cool

#1864 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm going to use a local outfit for my powder coating. Is there any reason not to do that?
Also, what are these metal apron/lockdown bar/lockdown receivers you're talking about? Are those special or non-standard on Pros?

I am about to get mine power coated too and I am getting it done local.
What I need to decide is if I get a metal apron and/or a real lock down bar to have them done at the same time.

Is upgrading the lock down bar really worth it?

#1867 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

How important is roughly $100 to you. That's what it will set you back. To me it isn't a deal breaker but I wanted it so I added to the rest of my order.

Guess it would just make it a little easier to get into...I may pass on the lockdown upgrade and go with the Metal apron.
Use that extra 100 to upgrade something else.
Always seems to be more upgrades for Tron

I also need some advice on where to get EL Paper for backlit side rails and hinges

#1876 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

tron mods at TPF last weekend

I bought those rails and hinges
Wish I could find a topper like that

#1929 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Decided to bow out of the NIB because I just couldn't stomach loosing as much as I would be on the trade + cash. I am going to be trying to sell mine and hunt furiously though...Going to start picking up mods here and there, though.

Hang in there, deals are out there.
I traded a players quality CFTBL for a very nice modded HUO Tron.
There was a unmodded HUO Tron on craigslist here in Dallas a couple of weeks ago for 5100

#1998 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Eli's Ramp kit arrived yesterday! Expensive, but after seeing all the pictures, I knew I HAD to have that as the first mod I install.
Also, Skins here on Pinside sold me siderails and hinges with the Tron Legacy laser cut already in there. HUGE thanks to him for that - they should be here in a few days. From there, it's off to the powder coating place! The real question is do I go blue or orange...

I think orange it really cool but after a month I am sure I get tired of looking at it.
Go blue

Are you getting a metal apron? if so get it now so you can get it power coated at the same time

5 months later
#2655 9 years ago

Pinball Center has a new disk rubber color option.

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/disk-gummi-set-blau-tron-legacy-p-6834.html

62180_mi.jpg62180_mi.jpg
4 months later
#3097 9 years ago

Tron is so pretty
Playing Tron wile listening to Helloween that's a great way to spend a Saturday night.

Tron.jpgTron.jpg
5 months later
#3961 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I think I'm going to wuss out and put a regular rubber disk back in mine. I had a ball fly over the left sling and outlane, into the apron. I can feel the entire machine shake when it grabs a ball, and I've started gritting my teeth every time the ball gets near it. I'm afraid it's going to break something.

I installed mine tonight and it's wild for sure.
My first game after installing I was playing with the glass still off and during mutilball one came off the disk so fast and hit another ball so hard it popped out and went across the room.
Yes it could break something for sure but I will take that chance becasue it's a lot more fun this way.

Thank you to the Centerflank import company.

4 months later
#4669 8 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Anyone have a 3d trans that they want to sell?

There are a couple on Ebay right now.

#4671 8 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Are they normally $150?

No they are normally 300 or so.

3 months later
#5529 8 years ago

TRON will be on its way to TPF tomorrow.
Cleaned up with new clear rubber, flippers rebuilt and a fresh coat of wax.
I suck at taking pictures so please forgive me for the purple look. Its nice and blue in person
So what do you guys think leave in the 3D translite or go with the girls?
The game has a ton of mods...like most TRONs. I am going to put a price on it but really only want to sell if I get top dollar.
I am thinking 7K+
Really are not many games I would want to replace it.

20160316_222719_resized_(resized).jpg20160316_222719_resized_(resized).jpg

#5584 8 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

You guys with the clear disc installed i must say that thing is insane .i played that pro at TPF and never seen anything like it .it acted like a rocket lancher . One hit on the disc the ball jumps out on playfield and backspin propells it backward on top of reconizer and out of play just nuts

A ball ended up on stuck by the recognizer at least 10x over the weekend and I think the German clear disk has a lot to do with it.
I am pleasantly surprised at how much grip the clear disk has even after all those plays at TPF.

Now that's she's home I think its time for some more mods.
Just ordered a "Herg" Tron RGB board and I have some new ideas on ways to use it.

#5586 8 years ago

That looks so nice I just have one big homemade splitter in mine.
Guess I should of bought a PIG2 too late now. I could always use a raspberry pi to do the same thing but that would require more work on my part....na that will never happen

Quoted from centerflank:

What does the RGB board all do again? I have one, wanted to install last week but realized I'm low on power ports. Just waiting on a wire jumper to power up the 8 way......
image_(resized).jpeg

So my understanding is the RGB board will let you hook up other LED strips to the ramps RGB controller.
I am going to connect mine to the speakers, topper and undercab at first. I have some laser cut rails and hinges I have never installed and I am thinking about trying out LED strips with a diffusers behind the cutouts to see how it looks. Just need to get off my ass and get them powercoated I have only been talking about getting them powered for about 2 years now.

#5588 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

sounds cool.....I think you migh squeak it in behind the hinges, but those rails are gonna be a bitch to fit....good luck

Thanks, its worth a try. If some one knows where I can get some extra thin RGB strips please let me know.

#5590 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's too bad someone doesn't make a liquid that hardens then you could energize ( maybe someone does)....I always thought that would be sick..."custom molded lighting " could kill in our mod world...

Its going to require something special for sure.
Most LED strips the lights are too far apart.

I need thin and high density.

3 weeks later
#5767 8 years ago

I have a feeling that if I sell mine I will want back in the club soon. Its hard because I do not have the cash to own everything I want and there are several that I want to own for a wile. My TRON is still sitting in the garage folded up after its long weekend at TPF and walking past it every day makes me think about selling it. Oh pinball problems

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotronx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=Robotronx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.