IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobbyIRL5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10278 2 years ago

Hello all, new to the club as of today, excited! Had 2 or 3 instances of the flippers going dead while a ball is still in play. I’m thinking it’s a trough issue, but before I dig in thought I’d see if I’m missing any ideas to try. What on this genre Stern machine would kill the flippers? Tilt (I’d see it on the DMD), and a drain, right?

At one point a ball ejected into the shooter lane while I had a ball in play (and didn’t auto-plunge) so assuming it was not by design.

Common issue? Does it sound like I’m barking up the right tree?

Thanks all!

#10285 2 years ago

Is the magnet really loud in this game or is mine about to shoot craps? Had the glass off and thought at first it was speaker distortion.

Also, is there a magnet that clunks on plunge?

#10294 2 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Did you mean spinning disk is loud? There is no magnet in tron. And that clunk is a Rising post behind the pops.

Good info, thank you!

I guess I do mean the spinning discs, I thought it was a magnet back up in there. Are they typically pretty loud? I played another Tron and I don’t remember hearing them.

#10295 2 years ago

The one I purchased came with titan rubbers on it. I’m switching back to standard as soon as I can get them in the mail. Quite difficult around the sling area with titans throwing the ball around at speed! Also post titan rubbers/rings way too bouncy for this game in my opinion.

#10298 2 years ago

I looked and couldn’t find it, but is there a way in the settings to turn the sling coils down some?

#10300 2 years ago

I have #22 LE. Was it normal for them to sign playfields? My buddy has a later number that is not signed. Just curious.

81177F34-527A-4233-8680-09AEDAA5B054 (resized).jpeg81177F34-527A-4233-8680-09AEDAA5B054 (resized).jpeg
#10312 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

There is one setting for coil power, but not specific coils. Iirc.

I did see that. Does it reduce power on every coil on the machine? I’ll give it a run!

#10313 2 years ago

So here I was sitting happy on this new LE, and my buddy came over and showed me what I’m missing. Ugh..... so $500-$600 later, I’ve got the rectifier w/lights (up/down), lit up cycle mod, Clu’s ship (on left ramp return), target decals, rectifier decal, and chrome plunger on the way to me. Am I missing anything LOL

He also says my machine music is terrible compared to his, assuming he’s got different sound chips, haven’t tackled that but if there is a link to order the popular one that won’t require a ton of research, would love the advice.

I’m not a big mod person at all but this machine seems to beg for it (really just fixing how it should have come from the factory).

#10317 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Yeah reach out to inkochnitoon Pinside and he’ll you different versions to choose from. Just donate to him if you use his stuff.
I just got it from him last night.
Can you post link of chrome plunger? That sounds pretty cool too !

I will thank you. Here’s a link to the plunger, upper right on the page.
https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Tron_Page.html

#10318 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

One of the best mode for this game… solid sound system cause the music is sooo good!! I have flipper fidelity speakers and a little 100 watt amazon amp with a built in low pass crossover (18.00) and it sounds killer!

Thank you. If it works great can you send me a link?

Do you need an extra amp with flipper fidelity speakers?

#10319 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Do you have Flynn's sign, Pinbits fluorescent slinger plastics, Tron (metal) pop bumpers, pinblades (several cool one out there), backbox interactive lighting, speaker grill LED..
Tron is one of the most heavily modded game out there, it begs for it! Lol A crowd's favorite, no doubt. When I light it up at my place, people really enjoy it. You also totally NEED a subwoofer.

I have mirror blades on mine. I also have everything else (either installed or coming) but the Flynn’s sign. Where can you buy those now?

1 week later
#10341 2 years ago

After my friend dogged my pretty stock LE, I got busy online, received and installed my mods today - backbox light (w/flasher), Clu ship, lighted rectifier (when it moves), Flynn’s sign, decals on rectifier gate/targets, Zuse decals, yellow/blue plastic protectors, and a chrome shooter. I already had lighted cycles. I’ve got mirrored chrome flipper bats incoming.

What did I miss? LOL. I’m not a crazy modder at all but everything I did feels like the game should have come this way.

Had a problem though, kept blowing my F12, F13 (12v) fuses, lowering the playfield. For the life of me I can’t figure out what it’s hanging on when I get near the bottom of lowering but the only thing I can find is the black tubing taking the harness from cabinet to backbox, but I think that’s it. I’ve also got mirrored side blades that I though we’re the issue but they maybe we’re just contributory towards it, they wouldn’t cause the issue. It really just feels like it’s binding up once I get over the “hump” lowering the playfield. Anybody else have this issue?

Also, how do I get the good music for the LE? I was given on name on this thread and he only does Pro.

Happy to be part of the club, now I can get to playing this game to which punishing is the nicest thing I can say so far!!

CE30FFBF-DFD1-4A3D-9F09-4A7B12AC9EFD (resized).jpegCE30FFBF-DFD1-4A3D-9F09-4A7B12AC9EFD (resized).jpegE85CFDF6-325E-4900-8AED-C8A77094C727 (resized).jpegE85CFDF6-325E-4900-8AED-C8A77094C727 (resized).jpeg

#10346 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hmm on the 12v… sounds like your only 12v mod is the Flynn sign?

F12 and F13 killed the 12v (which was the Flynn's sign, ColorDMD, and audio). I've sorted the problem out, something pulled or touched or shorted when lowering the playfield, thank goodness for fuses!

#10358 2 years ago

Enjoying my Tron LE, thought it was the titan silicon that was making it go so fast, but even with standard rubber, this game is over-the-top like almost violet fast. Seems to me that every coil hits too hard (like sling to outlane drain can be over before even having a chance to react). No place to adjust the sling coils, so either the game is meant to be insane or somebody put coils in that are too strong. Like I’ve played fast games but this one takes the cake. Do all Trons play like this? I didn’t recall it when playing my buddies LE before getting mine, but may have not been looking for it.

It’s currently my go-to game when I want to play something in less than 5 mins, which is more often than when I have time to play a 20-30 minute game.

#10362 2 years ago

I had my flippers die mid-ball twice in the last few plays. Not much to go wrong on the trough, pretty basic switches. Does this thing have a switch matrix like an old WPC? I don’t know much about this genre Stern. I’ve added some 12v mods, but I don’t think that’s it, they are going dead like the ball drained. And then right back to active once it hits the trough. Any thoughts? I think the only two things that could cause the flippers to die is tilt and drain, no?

EDIT (update) - are the EOS switches backwards on these whitestar machines (closed until flipper reached EOS)? Assuming they have to be. I did get an intermittent ball trough jam Switch to close when playing around. Assuming that’s my bogey.

#10364 2 years ago

Is there a trick to this rubber ring on the right side of the shooter lane of Tron? I have mirror blades (stick out a little) which may make it worse, but how do you keep that ring staying down when you’re putting the playfield down?

BCD1622C-F8D4-4E85-9E0D-EE41BB7B8EDD (resized).jpegBCD1622C-F8D4-4E85-9E0D-EE41BB7B8EDD (resized).jpeg
#10366 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Smaller ring? That one looks way too big.

I just replaced what was on there (probably wrong size), same size I think 2” or 2 1/4”. But I think you’re right, maybe I will try to stretch a 1.5” and see how that works.

#10367 2 years ago

Should this stand up target be sticking out enough to redirect the ball rolling backwards down the Quarra shot? Or is it just bent out to the right from getting hammered over and over?

My E (on ZUSE stand ups) is also bent to the right. Pretty standard or should I be getting new stand up target switches?

42F5F9BA-6213-41D4-88D7-3D415418F531 (resized).jpeg42F5F9BA-6213-41D4-88D7-3D415418F531 (resized).jpeg96966EBB-2C64-41B4-8C73-AA9B059AC959 (resized).jpeg96966EBB-2C64-41B4-8C73-AA9B059AC959 (resized).jpeg
#10370 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

They start to lean from repeated hits over time. Stand ups generally start out straight up. In some cases, like when they are close to the entry to a ramp, it makes sense to have them lean slightly out of the way. I usually adjust mine periodically to be upright. You can adjust some standups and re-tighten. Others have rivets holding them in place and are tricky to correct. I believe you can also buy stand up mods that hold the target upright. I can’t recall who sells them, but I’ve seen them.

Quoted from neverahighscore:

It's bent. Go to Mezel Mods and order Stern Target Splints. I just installed these awhile ago and they live up to the hype. They install from the bottom of the playfield and create a super tight shell around the target. You can search here on Pinside for reviews. Very easy to install.
https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?_pos=1&_sid=7ffe403a0&_ss=r&variant=923513721

Thank you both. I figured as much. I’ll check out the splints and I believe this is similar to the palantir target on LOTR, it get pretty worked over and I ordered a replacement that is more sturdy (per recommendation from Pinside, might be the same piece).

3 months later
#10529 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Just got a Tron Pro. Firstly. F$*K YES. Secondly how is this not #1 on the charts? How good is it! Hahaaaa honeymoon period I'm sure but this thing is sweet. How amazing is the spin on the ball off the disc.

Just let it kick your ass around for awhile, lol, and you'll answer your own question. I love my Tron LE, it's the game I play when I have less than 5 minutes to turn a pin on, play, and turn it off and feel satisfied. Also improves my skills because it's so fast. And it just looks downright awesome. Not the deepest, but doesn't have to be.

10 months later
#10797 1 year ago

Looking for some knowledge here. My Tron LE plays fast which is fine but I’m quite sure it plays too fast so I started looking as to why that might be the case.

It looks like I have bigger coils on my flippers than prescribed in the manual.

Left flipper-
Manual calls for 23-1500 / 090-5062-ND
In the machine is 23-1100 / 090-5030ND

Right flipper-
Manual calls for 22-1080 / 090-5032-ND
In the machine is 23-900 / 090-5020-30ND

I did order some new flipper coils as prescribed in the manual, that should help.

My slings feel way over powered, but the coils are correct. I am using white rubber on the slings which could be bouncier than another color? What does the game come with in terms of type of rubber and color (I believe I’ve read the color can make a difference on bounciness, at least with flipper rubbers), and any suggestions on the most low bounce rings that will slow this game down?

New coils are on the way, just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on any of this stuff. As I wait!

3 weeks later
#10827 1 year ago

Bump on a previous post-
Tron LE - Flipper coils in the machine are much stronger than what the manual calls for-

Left flipper-
Manual calls for 23-1500 / 090-5062-ND
In the machine is 23-1100 / 090-5030ND
Right flipper-
Manual calls for 22-1080 / 090-5032-ND
In the machine is 23-900 / 090-5020-30ND

I ordered and now have the proper coils (uninstalled) but then was over at a buddies house who has one that he took out of the box himself, and it’s got the same more powerful coils. His game also plays ridiculously fast.

Do you think they just used whatever coils were on the shelf, or is the manual incorrect? Does anybody have coils in their machines that match what’s in the manual (listed above)?

#10830 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I was nearly at the point of putting lower powered coils in my slings as it would hammer balls under the sling rubbers all the time needing glass off.
Ended up gapping the switches wider and it seems to have made it less frequent.

Mine just plays so fast (and violent, the way your describing)! Maybe I need to go back to a hard and less bouncy black rubber. By gapping the switches, the slings are just firing less frequently?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobbyIRL5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=RobbyIRL5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.