IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuarterGrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

324 posts in this topic match your search for posts by QuarterGrabber. You are on page 1 of 2.
#134 10 years ago

I love my Tron. I have some mods on it. Below is a video of my machine (my wife is playing, NOT ME). I have put on many more mods since the video was taken. Not that they make the game any better.

#135 10 years ago

Bump. Where's all the love gone?

#137 10 years ago

Nice, same place I got mine!

#139 10 years ago

I got everything pinbits offered for Tron. I find the pinbits pop bumpers look WAY better with their recommended blacklight LEDS like the ones I have in mine. But everyones tastes are different.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Yeah, same here. How did you mount the recognizer plastic protector, above or below the original plastic? I mounted mine below, but it was a little tricky.

At first below but I have the recognizer mod and the down lights made the neon orange plastic front look really bright and bad so I removed that protector. I do have all coin taker non-gosting premium LED's in it though.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Throw some pics up, Id like to see them installed, I dont run any plastic protectors on any of my machines.

Watch my video above you will see under the plastics is glowing neon orange. That is the protectors doing that, they are neon orange and react to the light of the led's. Worth every penny!

#148 10 years ago

I guess I have the dress kit not the plastic protectors, sorry. The only difference is the dress kit comes neon orange and reacts cool to light.

#149 10 years ago

I removed the protector from under my recognizer because I don't like the way my recognizer down lights make it look. You can have it and the "ZEN" plastic which I also didn't put on if you want to pay for the shipping to get it to you. I can't see it being more than a few bucks as it would fit in an envelope.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

The dress kit is still a plastic protector kit. Here is mine with all of them installed, including the ramp plastics. I also have the recoginizer mod with the down lights, I don't think it makes the plastic look bad. Sorry the pictures aren't that great, couldn't get the lighting right.

I didn't like the "ZEN" plastic on mine because I wanted one side to be blue and one side to be orange. I should have asked for that one in blue but I didn't think about it. So I just left it off.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I see your point with that, didn't think about that before. I am definitely going for an orange side / blue side theme, so I might see if I can get one in blue.

When you place your order you have the option to choose blue or orange for the Zen plastic, if you don't make a choice they send orange. I'm sure if I ship it back they will replace it with a blue one, but you get to a point where too much really is TOO MUCH.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I just emailed them to see if I could buy a blue one. I don't think the "too much" thing applies to Tron!

you should just mail yours back and do a straight trade for the blue one.

#181 10 years ago

I picked up a set! Thanks Keebler !

#190 10 years ago

I'll post a pic of my Tron when I get a chance, but it's not as nice as most of the peoples on this thread.

I'm waiting for Eli to finish his production units of the ramp wire kits so I can get one.

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Got my plastics today, they are sweet! They give the ramps a more exciting feel IMO

I asked the guy for a orange one and a blue one. What colours did he send you?

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Got my plastics today, they are sweet! They give the ramps a more exciting feel IMO

Do you have the guys email or contact info? I left the note about the blue and orange colours in the memo section of the ordering form. But I'd like to email him to make sure I get a blue and orange one.

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Are you talking about the prototype ramp plastics? I got a yellow one and a blue one, the yellow doesn't quite match the yellow pinbits plastics I have over the inlanes and clu ramp, but it's not too bad.

Ok the one on the Flynn side looks clear.

#203 10 years ago

Is it weird that this tread rejuvenated my love for Tron? XMEN was my favourite pin but now I’m starting to like Tron more again.

Damn you centerflank you killed my XMEN romance!

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Too bad you dont live closer and could play my fairly well tuned Avengers, you might start loving that as well.

I think I have to try the LE. I think the Pro just sucks, but people say the LE is good. The pro ranks 200 and the LE 72. Big difference.

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from crank:

As soon as Stern adds a video mode.

I agree. What ever happened to video mode? I want to write Stern and ask them to put a video mode in all there new games.

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I need some more mod ideas. Anybody have any mods that are not usually seen? No dolls though.
Don't like the look of little dolls sprinkled around the play field. Here is my game as it stands today. I'll probably do the light cycles someday.
pappy

Target decals and stainless steel coin door decal.

#229 10 years ago

Those target decals are too much for me. However who is selling the stainless steel coin door decal?
pappy

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-tron-coin-door-decal-limited

They look amazing. They are a MUST!!

#231 10 years ago

Those target decals are too much for me. However who is selling the stainless steel coin door decal?
pappy

photo_copy.JPGphoto_copy.JPG

#235 10 years ago

I just ordered the pinball division one. However does it go on the center of the coin door? Or os it small like the picture below?
pappy

like the picture below.

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I found the target decals to be really cheaply made, mine were hammered looking after a couple weeks. I took them off the Zuse targets and I'm going to be replacing the ones on the recognizer soon.

I agree. they are cheaply made. But for the week or two they look good, they are pretty cool.

#301 10 years ago

Not my high score a fellow pinballer in Canada. Heres the thread:

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13358 DSCF5792_v2.JPGDSCF5792_v2.JPG

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Wow, that is a little discouraging, I would be happy with a quarter of that!

Me too

#310 10 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I'm looking to buy a NIB or HUO Tron Pro in the coming weeks and I'm curious what the differences are between the first run and latest run versions. Is the silkscreened cabinet more detailed or better looking than the newer decaled cabinet? Any other major improvements/enhancements since the original run? Looks like an amazing game and I can't wait to get my hands on one and start modding it out!
-Jeremy
MM, AFM, MB, SS, TS, BSD

The translite has changed since the first run a few times. Also someone I know received a replacement 3rd run playfield from Stern and he said the image on the playfield was much sharper and more defined then the first two runs.

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks guys. So is the first-run silkscreened cabinet of higher quality and less grainy/pixelated than the later decaled units? I'm not clear on whether the older or newer run Trons are more desirable. That extra post, sharper playfield, pre-drilled shaker hole comments have me leaning toward purchasing a newer Tron but the cabinet art quality is a major deciding factor for me if there's a noticeable difference between the original and later runs. Is there a list somewhere that documents the changes between the years? I remember seeing something about DMD changes as well. I owned a number of NIB and HUO Sterns in the past (LOTR, TSPP, POTC, FG, Sopranos, WPT) and the pixilation on the cab and playfield was terrible on some of them, so if there are cab/playfield quality differences between the runs, I'd really like to know what they are.
I'm definitely going to add this game to the herd soon and can't wait to bring Tron home!
-Jeremy

- The first run came with a cool 3D translite.
- I think the first run came with a orange plasma dot display like the older machines, the later runs came with a red led screen which sucks IMO because they paste together a bunch of little 4x8 dot boards which cause big black lines all over the display. I prefer the old plasma styles uniformity.
- The Playfields were sharper on the later runs.
- Artwork stayed the same through the runs

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Ok so I just went ahead and looked now, I should have realized the clear was the transfer layer
Thanks again, I'm good now I think!

Be careful, he sent mine on clear vinyl as well and when I tried to transfer it to my Tron the clear vinyl was too sticky and all the "Pinball Division" letters stayed on the clear vinyl and didn't transfer!

#360 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I'm getting them remade with different material to better match my machine, they are too different from the pinbits plastics directly below them. The new ones should match perfect

Can you pass on the love and get him to make more that match the pin bits protectors? I will buy another set for sure!

#362 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I can definitely let him know there is interest in these altered versions. I had to track down the matching material and send it to him, which was only enough for a few plastics. Maybe if the demand is there he might make another run with similar material, I don't know.

Cool, thanks for the effort. If he does make more I'm sure centerflank will be in for one.

#364 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

No problem Yeah centerflank might want to try them again, the material I found looked almost identical to the pinbits yellow, which looks great with the orange LEDs I have. I compared the material with the pinbits plastic still on the machine though, so you never know, but it's really close even if it's not exact.
I talked to him btw, he is totally willing to make these altered versions if people would like him to. I will let him know where I got the material. Brian is an awesome guy to deal with.

Awesome. You da man. Just under centerflank of course. (I don't have a small dingy)

#367 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well, I just ordered the light up tron discs for the speakers and a set for Hulk...I also want to add a shaker to my LOTR finally. Just need to grab some EL paper for those hinges I have and thats it for a while.
Running out of play $, gonna have to skip the plastics unfortunately. Gotta start saving for my next pin too! Ill give you a hint what Im thinking.....

Where do you get the light up speaker panels?

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Sent all my armor off for powder coating today, no Tron for a couple weeks

Man your's will look better than centerflank's when you're done......... Errrrr Ummmmmm.......... I mean ALMOST as good as centerflanks!

#436 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

A few pics for MRKegFlex, anyone else getting scoop wear from the ball getting kicked out from the scoop on the mylar/playfield just above that clu insert?

I had that cliffy, still do if someone wants it. Tron is a game you have to go with the Mantis protector for. The cliffy stops the ball on slow rolls, not the mantis.

3 weeks later
#615 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That seems sort of exploity to me. I wonder if that will be changed in the next update.
Post edited by Erik : Yes exploity is a word, look it up. Keep looking, it's somewhere.

There is going to be a code update? How can this game get any better???

#619 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I think I've posted about this once or twice, but for those that haven't seen it:
I've talked with John Borg through pm several times on Facebook about a few of his games. When I asked him about the Stern facebook post, he told me there would be another update but with no rule changes. He also said he was hopeful for a video mode, because it screams video mode. When? he is not sure, because he said they have a lot on their plate. He's told me some other true grits before, and they either made sense or happened.

Finally, I was hoping they would bring video mode back!!! I miss it in the newer games.

#630 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The apron is a few pages back in this thread- Someone else showed a pic of their apron with that decal with a link to buy. $40 with free shipping. I think it's a solid improvement over the stock
Other than that, no leds, 333 total plays (November 2012 run) Cliffy inlane/drop protectors at ramp exits, cliffy scoop protector. Arcade mod. That's pretty much it for now. I'd like to do some encom decals of some sort. I'll probably make my own topper.

The only problem I see with that apron is the ball rubbing against it over time will wear it away at the bottom where the ball slides against it and it will look real bad at that point. Does it have some kind of a special coating to prevent it from ball wear?

#632 10 years ago

Ah, how stupid am I. I didn't even think about that
That's a good solution!

#636 10 years ago

I don't think I'll like the results.

#641 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

This is taken from about the same perspective I have when I'm playing. It actually looks a little more blocked in the picture than in real life though, maybe because it's fixed in one position.

You need to make your third upper flipper orange as well. And a blue ZEN plastic.

#644 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

No problem

The upper flipper has a Sam Flynn graphic right next to it with a blue strip going to the right ramp, it definitely needs to be blue IMO I might agree with you as far as the ZEN plastic goes, but I need to try it first and Pinbits hasn't followed up on that yet.
Edit: One thing I do think I need is some flush mounted spotlights on the apron, the flipper area is a little dark.

I would get a LED light strip (blue) and put it in ball return (where the balls drain). It would look WAY better IMO. You can get one here: http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/flipper-illumination-no-solder-led-light-strip-williams-wpcwpc95-games

That one is for a Williams but they have them for new Sterns as well but haven't updated their website yet. Just email them and ask, James and Mark are good people. It lights up the whole area real nice!

#647 10 years ago

Perfect place for Flynn's light cycle.

I put the extra car there.

IMG_0605.JPGIMG_0605.JPG

#648 10 years ago

Sorry Keebler I'm going to steal your Idea now. I just ordered the front lightstrip and the awesome coloured spotlight bulbs that go with it from pinballbulbs.com. Man it is going to look awesome! I have the front lightstrip in my STTNG and soon my BDK now my Tron, they look wicked.

#652 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Hehe, ok, your machine can be the guinea pig Be sure to post pics when it's done!

Will do.

#669 10 years ago

Tron is neglected by my non pin visitors. BDK seems to be the most popular with them.

#671 10 years ago

I wanted to get chrome mirror blades for my BDK but someone recommended black mirror blades for that game. I thought to myself why would I cover the black sides of the cab with black? But now that I see centerflank is getting them maybe there is something to them. Can someone tell me why you would get black mirror blades instead of chrome? Any advantages or disadvantages?

#673 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

They are black chrome, not opaque and look very nice and still reflective, I guarantee Ill install them the night I get them and upload pics.
On a side note Tigerlaw has had his sitting in a box for almost 6months or something and refuses to install/share pics....

Sweet, thank you! I'd love to see what they look like installed.

#698 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I have played a lot of different pins in my life. I have to add to this thread that the Tron Arcade mod is the coolest mod yet! For any mod, on a pinball machine.

This is true..............until Eli's ramp kit comes out!

#716 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wanna do LED's no my Tron Pro.. Can I buy a complete led bulb set for Tron? Any recommendations on where and what to get?

Yes pinballbulbs.com, and get the complete kit!

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/tron-pro-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

#721 10 years ago

Anyone have a shaker in their Tron Pro? I have a Stern shaker to install and it is either going in Xmen or Tron. Does Tron utilize the shaker well??

#728 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I have one in mine, I think it's implemented really well.

When does it shake? Disc wars probably, any other time?

#730 10 years ago

Are you guys running Cliffys arcade scoop protector?
Just getting a list of things I need for my new Tron.

I am running a mantis protector instead. I love Cliffy products and have them in all my machines but Tron is the one machine that needs a mantis protector IMO. Because of that cut out in the Tron Cliffy it curls up over time and causes the ball to stop on slow rolls into the arcade scoop. I heard of people putting a piece of mylar over it to stop it but I never tried. Mantis works awesome.

#737 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

hi,
is this --> http://pinballhead.com/mantis-amusements-tron-protector/
the mantis scoop protector you're using?
thanks,
bb

Yep, that's the one. It works awesome. My scoop still looks brand new! I couldn't stand the ball being stopped by the Cliffy all the time then I would have to shake the machine to get the ball loose, then I would get a tilt and it ruined my game. It sucked.

#740 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You guys need to pitch your game more, I have that slotted cliffy and the ball has never stuck, more pitch=more fun to play in my opinion.

Where is the level bubble on yours? Mine is just a tad above the second line.

#746 10 years ago

This one is for Keebler. I just finished installing my pinballbulbs.com competitors brighten up kit. Below is a before with my own mix of CoinTakers and an after with the kit that has the front light strip to illuminate the flipper area and the back light strip. Look at the difference in the flipper area, that is what you wanted to brighten up.

BEFORE:

CIMG0222[1].jpgCIMG0222[1].jpg

AFTER:

IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPGIMG_0004.JPG IMG_0006.JPGIMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPGIMG_0007.JPG

#748 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Nice man, looks really good! I actually ordered a strip from them too, but it had an issue so they are sending me another one. Is yours the blue one they offer? I didn't go with that because it had red LEDs in it.
Also, sorry I didn't reply to your shaker question before, I just saw it tonight. I can't recall all the situations where it shakes, but it is pretty active.

What strip are you talking about, back or front? If it is the front strip they only sell purple I think, purple comes in the kit for the front light strip. The back light strip is blue. The kit also came with 4 pink, yes pink led's for the Clu sling area and it really makes the pinbits plastics POP and also makes the ramp cover plastic match perfectly. Also 4 purple came in it for the area where the TRON stand up targets are and they really make the pinbits plasitics POP too. I was really impressed with how much thought went into the kit.

#749 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Also, sorry I didn't reply to your shaker question before, I just saw it tonight. I can't recall all the situations where it shakes, but it is pretty active.

And too late for the shaker I put it in Xmen instead. I will get one for Tron one day but right now I have $9000 tied up in a Star Trek LE.

#751 10 years ago

It actually goes off a lot in Xmen, it's quite noticeable. I put it in Xmen on rareheros advice and I'm glad I listened! But you have an Xmen LE so yours came with a shaker already.

#754 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I was talking about the front strip, and yeah it's purple because it uses blue and red LEDs. I didn't want to have red LEDs in my machine so I ordered a strip of cool whites, it had issues though. They are sending me a new white/blue strip now.

I like the purple, it gives it a blacklight effect. Looks cool.

Quoted from Keebler:

Wow, 9k, I'm glad I don't live in Canada You'll have to let me know how the shaker performs in your X-Men... I'll probably pick one up in a couple weeks if it's worth it.

Well it is nearly the same price as in the States but then we have to pay 13% sales tax on top of it. Also down there you guys have many distributors so they have to stay competitive. Up here we only have one Stern distributor so they have a monopoly and can charge whatever they want.

#755 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Nope, mine doesn't have one I bought it NIB too, so it never had one.

What the hell??? I would be contacting Stern about that! Stern is pretty good with that stuff, I'm sure they will send you one. I can't believe you didn't complain, you paid a lot for it.

#758 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Are you sure the LE came with one? I haven't heard anything about that before. I bought mine from a private seller, not a distributor.

I thought every recent LE came with one, Tron LE did and it came out before Xmen LE and the title after Xmen LE has a shaker so why would they skip Xmen LE only??

#769 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

unfortunately TRON LE's did not come with shakers.

Really? That sucks
I thought all LE's came with them? For that price they should.

#777 10 years ago

I thought the black mirrors wouldn't look as good, but they are bad ass. Like the regular chrome's older tougher brother.

#781 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

There is a little wiggle room if you pull the playfield left and right while its vertical against the back box, I also stuck sheets of construction paper in right away to avoid any scuffs/scratches after I got the first blade installed. His youtube video install instructions make it quite easy.

Which ones did you get? There are black side "mirrors" at $195, and then there are black side "blades" for $90.

1 week later
#866 10 years ago

That playfield looks real nice to me. Did you use the treasure cove kit to get it so shiny and polished??

#886 10 years ago

Is this the way to go for a pop bumper dress up kit?
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=534
If not some one please link me to what is the best kit.
Thanks

There is a guy on here named Hooked. He is making a kick ass Tron bumper kit. Here's the link:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mod-gauging-interest-pop-caps-by-hkd

#907 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I prefer Pig2, but the splitter works for sure! Tron is an easy game to go over board - the only thing that has stopped me from continuing to overspend on it is 1) I bought another game with another on the way & 2) I haven't seen eli's mod come available yet.

Isn't pig 2 four times the price for the same thing??

*****EDIT********
Just checked the website, Pig 2 is something completely different.

#910 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

There is a lot more to it. The Pig2 is programmed by the user to decide when and how to have the outputs lit. Its really cool and highly configurable. Over the top? maybe. For me I've taken it simple so far and programmed by flynn sign to light up solid only when the insert is blinking. My recognizer lights up only when the target bank is down. Someday I'll stop being lazy and program my light cycles to only light when ramps are hit or something like that.
Check out some examples - http://dkpinball.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pig_2

Man I wish I was handy and could program. What you did to your Flynn sign and recognizer sounds cool! I think the lightcycles look better always lit though.

#913 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have an original PIG, very nice gadget, but those 8way splitters are a great compromise if you dont want to pony up the $, I think for TRON though, with all the mods, go PIG or go home.

But pig only has four slots. I already need six plugs for all my mods. Do they sell 8 slot pig 2's??

#918 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

4 plus a pass though. So yeah - it really depends on what you want to do. For example, lets say you wanted to control 4 of your 6 - you can use the pig then a splitter on the "pass-through" for the other 2. Or you could split the output on a couple if you wanted to control more than one on the same signal.
What 6 do you have?
I'm not here to sell you a pig, but if you want control its worth thinking about.

Although you are not here to sell me a pig I want one now damn you.

I have the hallmark lightcycles
the lighted recognizer
the arcade 3.1
lighted flipper buttons
led light strips for the front and rear of the cab
a shaker
and I will be getting Eli's lighted ramp mod kit
and maybe lighted speakers

Tron.JPGTron.JPG

IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0003.JPG

#919 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

4 plus a pass though. So yeah - it really depends on what you want to do. For example, lets say you wanted to control 4 of your 6 - you can use the pig then a splitter on the "pass-through" for the other 2. Or you could split the output on a couple if you wanted to control more than one on the same signal.
What 6 do you have?
I'm not here to sell you a pig, but if you want control its worth thinking about.

Is the pig hard to program?? I'm not that bright. I'm an accountant and all I know is numbers.

#923 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

HAHA - looks like I need to ask for a commission.
So - the arcade, eli's kit, speakers, and shaker are all powered on their own I think, so take those off your worry list for a splitter or pig. I'm not sure how the lit buttons or strips get power or if it makes sense to "control" them.

You're right the arcade is powered on it's own, I forgot about that. But my shaker wouldn't work unless I plugged it into the power supply with the black plug it came with. Did I do it wrong??? And Eli's kit won't need power??

#927 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Eli's kit has instructions posted on Pinbits and it looks like it won't need to get power from the "extra" power source on the right side. The shaker plugs into its own power source on the left side, right? Mine did.

Yes I connected the plug on the left. Then there is a brown wire plug you need to plug it into as well near the back of the playfield. After that it still didn't work so I took the black wire it came with and plugged it into the shaker board and then into the power supply and whamo, it worked. Can anyone that has a shaker in theirs tell me if I did it wrong?? My shaker is a Stern rev B.

#929 10 years ago

Yeah I have a Revision B shaker though. What you posted was the installation instructions for their old shakers. This is the one I followed for their Rev B. It doesn't say anything about the black wire either but they put it in the kit and I couldn't get it to work without it. If someone could tell me how to it would be appreciated.

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/756-5027-00-01_Shaker_Motor_Instruction_Sheet_Kit_502-5027-00RevB.pdf

#939 10 years ago

Ok, you got the glass off my machine.
I have the B as well, but neither recall nor see a black wire. Here is what I have - how is your install different?

OK I found the problem. I bought mine at my distributer as a Rev B but I just took a pic of mine (below) and noticed it is a Rev A. So my distributor ripped me off and I didn't even know until now when I took the pic. Needless to say I will be calling them tomorrow. So as you can see mine has a spot to attach a black wire harness at the bottom, which attaches to the power supply. So one of two things is the difference.

1) I bought mine from a Stern dealer and not pinball life so it is an actual official Stern shaker with the Stern name on it. Yours doesn't say Stern on it so maybe yours is from PBL and is a third party release and not an official Stern shaker, maybe that is the difference.

2) This is more likely the case. Yours is a Rev B, mine is a Rev A and that is why mine has the power supply wire at the bottom.

IMG_0072.JPGIMG_0072.JPG

#941 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I'm pretty sure mine is a stern - came from the dealer from which I bought the pin. So your power supply at the bottom goes over to the spare power supply on the right side?

It goes to the power box that I plug all my mods into. If yours was A Stern it would have their name plastered on it like mine. Look at the top of mine it says STERN PINBALL INC. It is coved by some wires but it is there. So I'm pretty sure yours is after market which probably doesn't mean a thing anyway.

#942 10 years ago

Does anyone know the difference between Rev A and Rev B shakers??

#945 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

How do you not have slide rails yet? I hated the posts for the couple hours I had to use them.

I know I hate them too. The front of my cab at the top is getting big gouges in the wood because you have to slide the playfield then you hit a bump and have to push hard which then makes the ball through coil smash against the wood. Where is the best place to buy the rails?? I need three sets. Is there a place that gives a deal for the more you buy??

#946 10 years ago

this helped some folks out a while back...

Damn, my distributer sold me a fat Asian transvestite!

#948 10 years ago

Is it just the board that is different or the shaker itself in the Rev B??

#949 10 years ago

Hey, you're that guy that says buddy, you scam artist . And thanks!

#953 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No way buddy, YOU want sexy bonus time!
My Spidey shop job is coming along nicely, target decals should be here 2moro and then the ramps go back on. I Love Ramp!

I still can't believe what great shape that spidy was in for a routed pin.

#955 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Indeed, the outer cab has its multiple nicks but whatever, the shooter lane was its worst aspect as far as I was concerned, here is a pic before&after, I cut mylar to wrap in the ball groove, not the prettiest but good to go.

I always felt you don't play the side art, playfield is king. And that SM playfield is nice. The shooter lane looks way better after you restored it.

#958 10 years ago

1709512-scoobydoo_gif_3_.jpg1709512-scoobydoo_gif_3_.jpg

#979 10 years ago

blue glo-balls coming soon for your Tron pin.
see here --> http://modmypin.com

Seems like a pain in the butt. Your ball through isn't lit so if you want the effect you need to open your machine, take the glass off, take the balls out, leave the balls under a light for an hour, put them back in the machine, put the glass back on. Then you can enjoy the glowing balls for 10 minutes until it wears out. No thanks.

Fine print at the bottom of that website:

"*Pinballs glow in the dark only after being exposed to a light source that charges the balls. The longer the ball is exposed to a light source, the longer it glows.**while supplies last. "

#981 10 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Me thinks someone should come up with a mod that illuminates those balls while they are resting.

That is a great idea. And maybe for a half hour before you turn the machine on too
But to be serious, that is a GREAT idea!

1 week later
#1040 10 years ago
Quoted from paratrooper:

Does anyone have a TRON that looks like this and if so >>
Is it normal for the metal to protrude from the bottom of the ball launch pad guide onto the play field?
Has anyone noticed it making a difference in how the ball reacts when it travels up?
Has anyone pulled it back from the play field to see if there is a difference?
Why does he ask?? Mine was like that NIB. A few weeks ago I moved it so it is no longer on the play field. Recently (it may just be me or a bad coil) it seems like when the ball (s) get auto launched, about 20 percent of them never make it around the loop and they actually seem to be hitting the divider from the inner and outer ramps and come down towards the plungers.
If I manually launch the ball, there is no issue.
tron track.jpg 72 KB

Yes mine looks like that. I rolled the ball along the wall to see if it would hit that metal piece and it doesn't. So all is good. Plus if you LED the shit out of your Tron you won't even notice that piece of metal

#1046 10 years ago

I think the Pro is the better choice at todays LE prices for sure!!

#1047 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I can't convince my wife that an LE is worth it ($10k+ is silly to me). But she'll go for a Pro if I can get it for a fair price. I'll mod it over time! I guess I just wanted to make sure that before I start my hunt, the lack of Daft Punk multiball, fiber optics, drop targets, etc. detract from the game. It's really between this and an Avengers machine, ha. Saying that in the Tron lovefest <3

Are you kidding me???
If it is between those two get the Tron for Sure!!! Avengers pro is terrible IMO.

#1054 10 years ago

Yeah Xmen is the shit. You have to go pro on Xmen though. It's the better choice on that title.

1 week later
#1074 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I ended up not using the Zuse one as the factory targets at least had some "design" on them...

I used the Zuse ones but I am taking them off now because they are shredded. What factory design did yours have centerflank?? Mine came just plain yellow.

#1077 10 years ago

oh great... now i have to stare at my targets for 20 minutes to figure out what you're talking about

You will take those ZUSE ones off, after about 50 games they will be shredded and look like crap.

#1083 10 years ago

I just installed my Eli's ramp kit mod and it looks kind of dim to me. I do have a ton of LED's which might drown out the ramp brightness, but I don't think so. Here's a video of mine after install. Do you think it looks dim?? Flip it to full screen 1080p. Oh and it is my 9 year old son playing not me so don't expect spectacular gameplay.

#1086 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

The video is set to private.

There I fixed it.

#1089 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If you would put some freaking invisiglass on it the video would be much better...

The glass is off in the video. My playfield just got waxed today.

#1091 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

It looks a little dim at times, but that might be just that the rest of the machine is so bright. It still looks really good. I'm looking forward to getting a set for mine, and hopefully my topper will be finished soon.

Did you ever get that blue "ZEN" plastic Keebler? I needed one too and Pam from pinbits sent it for free in the box with my ramp mod as a surprise. Those guys rock. You can see the blue "ZEN" plastic in the video.

#1104 10 years ago

it looks right to me...

tron-pin-s-target.jpg 406 KB

That's what I tought and Keebler warned me. Post a pic of what they look like after 50 games.

#1109 10 years ago

would you just look at this funkola...
is this from the black disc?
what's your preferred cleaning products for tron?

tron-pin-funk2.jpg 320 KB

tron-pin-funk1.jpg 575 KB

I use Novus 2, followed by a polish of Novus one, then three coats of Blitz wax. It's so shiny after that you can see yourself in it.

1 week later
#1113 10 years ago

My new Tron shooter rod. I wasn't happy with the mounting and the fit. What do you guys think??

IMG_0109.JPGIMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0110.JPGIMG_0110.JPG

#1116 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

your shooter rod housing looks a little crooked but no biggie.

That's Stern's QC for ya.

#1118 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I think I adjusted mine as well, and you know I had to completely jerk around with the one on HULK

I didn't even know you could adjust them.

#1120 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ha, now that I really think about it, my IronMan was really crooked as well, there are a few screws you loosen inside the cabinet on it and you can slide it around.

Cool thanks. I didn't even know you could do that but now I will, to everything I own

#1123 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

How much is it to play a game on your Tron, $1 or $2?

LOL. I don't know never put a cent in it. I think it is $1 for a game and $2 for 3 games or a tournament. But I could be wrong.

1 week later
#1171 10 years ago

Love this guys reviews. Here's one on Tron:

#1172 10 years ago

And Avatar just for laughs

#1173 10 years ago

If you like his reviews you can see all his pinball related ones here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=classic+game+room+pinball&page=1

#1186 10 years ago

well, that just happened

tron-pin-ball-caught.jpg 727 KB

How the hell did you get the ball moving that slow on Tron?

#1188 10 years ago

i know right… i think it was a small bump from the left-upper flipper and it just started going in slow motion.
first time that's ever happened.

Your playfield looks nice and sparkly after you cleaned it. It's like night and day!

#1191 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So clean its ready to put your balls on it.

LOL. Anyone feel like tea?

1 week later
#1253 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So I tried to hook up 2 bayonet sockets to light my apron lenses, I spliced into the wires feeding the disc multiball insert light socket (555bulb). Im now getting some ghosting in various areas on other insert lights now so I must have this hooked up wrong. I then daisy chained the ground to each bayonet socket thinking that was the problem as I hadnt done that before, still ghosting....neither of the new bayonet sockets have a diode, do I need to daisy chain the power supply wires also from to each new bayonet socket, or do I need to splice into the other side of the 555 socket, I see there is a diode inside the existing disc multiball 555 socket? Any thoughts? I clearly know jack about proper wire looping

I wonder how the Pinball Refinery does theirs? Maybe send Gio (Zdoor) a PM and ask.

#1268 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Nah you're not behind, I have the stock cycles. True story

If you didn't end that with "true story" I would have never believed it.

#1270 10 years ago

I added cheap LED's to my xmen but never changed the pop bumper ones. Then all of a sudden the pops that never ghosted started to ghost. LED's can be weird sometimes.

#1272 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

centerflank - Instead of tying them into the insert, why not plug them into P6 and P7 in the backbox and then they'll flash just like they do on the LE (minus the pulsing the do during double scoring)? Are you just looking for something different?

Best answer EVER!

1 week later
#1317 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I also received my rails/hinges with EL paper yesterday from Zdoor. I already have a set of hinges that are painted ready to go on, does anyone want to buy these raw hinges? I could get them professionally automotive painted as well when my rails get finish coated....no idea on price but maybe 40 raw-80painted?

DSC09746.JPG 157 KB

NICE! I am getting the same kind of armor package for my Star Trek. I am not allowed to post pics of it until the company officially releases the package though. But it looks sweet just like your Tron ones!

#1337 10 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

How did you get that plastic below the recognizer. I tried to put it on my machine however the 4 screws are so short that the plastics are bend to the max. I took it off because i was affraid they would break.

Same for me. I just put the screws on super loose. I Still have my orange ZEN plastic, I promised it to centerflank a long time ago. If you still want it centerflank send me a PM and I will mail it right out to you.

#1350 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

After a few games I think the LE's ramps light up better than the eli kit? Brighter it seems? Also the motor on this pro is loud as hell. Gonna try and lube it. Don't think Dave's LE was ever that loud. This one sounds like it's about to take off haha...
I also pitched it up to 7 degrees, and adjusted the tilt bob properly, it was set right to the bottom? Your scores don't count now as it was impossible to tilt hahaha..
Can't wait to go play some more tonight! One of my all time fave pins, can't believe it's in my basement!!

Yes I agree. My one complaint with Eli's mod was it wasn't that bright. I think it is because the LE uses the frosted cable. If you look at a frosted 555 LED bulb vs a non frosted one, I think the frosted bulb distributes the light way better and more evenly. I asked pinbits if I could buy a frosted cable from them and they said no, they are too expensive for the frosted ones, that's why they use the clear.

#1354 10 years ago

The disc motor thing might work itself out. Mine was really loud too, then after a few hundred games the sound is gone.

#1362 10 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I joined the club
12 hours roadtrip
TRON LE # 121
a very beautiful copy
above:
- Backglass light LED mod
- 2 light cycles
- Led recognizer
- mirrorblad
I must order:
- Tron cab mod
- Flynn's sign
- Fluorescent plastic
- Blue DMD
- The image of the backglass (there is a damaged spot)
and what else?

tron_le.JPG 264 KB

Oh man I forgot what the original pop bumpers looked like. Get hooked pop bumpers. I think chrome would look good with the ramp lights of the LE.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mod-gauging-interest-pop-caps-by-hkd/page/3#post-1302485

#1393 10 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, a little misery now...
just noticed that the arcade was not more full square (hit by air ball ?), and was not more fully assembled/glued
i took it of, it goes in pieces
i know i can rebuild it... but...
dont tell me to buy the last arcade "mod", i know its beautifull and surelly one of the best mod in pinball history, but it's way to expensive for me (even more when i had already the version 1 and it burned after 3 seconds of work... no luck !)
now, i than replace the flash above the scoop, and to be honest, the first feeling is strange, but it became quickly addictive, as the flash hit you in the face while playing, and the view seems now clear in/to the bumpers ... !!!???
my son say the same (are we mad ???)

now, if you got some original idea to "cover/hide" the flash with a toy or something else, tell me, i can change my mind (and a small cap didnt do it, i tried it, with the other one on the ramp, its not good)

IMGP1154.JPG 301 KB

IMGP1156.JPG 286 KB

IMGP1155.JPG 353 KB

I still have my original arcade cab if you want it, just cover the shipping and you can have it for free.

#1410 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Big thanks to QuarterGrabber for the free Zen plastic!
CFLANK luvs TRON 4eva!!!!
It looks better than I thought it would, almost looks self illuminated from the 2 white GI's feeding it.

DSC09767.JPG 288 KB

DSC09769.JPG 309 KB

Looks good man! Now that spot will look naked without it
What did you end up doing with the apron sticker? Cash box behind the coin door?

#1414 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Stuck it on my fridge, anyone want to send pin stickers to add to it, Lets do it!!!!!

DSC09771.JPG 126 KB

Nice, I can see that filling up real fast. We should make it a Tron lovefest project to fill your fridge with pin stickers. I may have a few more but that would require me to open my goodie bags stapled on the inside of my machines, and I hate doing that

#1419 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ha, I rip those out and open them up right away, I paid all that cash Im going to enjoy all the rewards!
The routed spidey I just got a few months ago still had the goodie bag with everything in it as far as I know, wasnt stapled in the cabinet but present. A nice little bonus!

Yes that is always a nice little surprise to find. My BDK still had it stapled to the side untouched, so I left it that way. I suppose if I ever need the plastics inside I will open it. But I get plastic protectors from pinbits for every machine so I don't think I will need the plastics inside the bags ever.

1 week later
#1449 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Happy New Year, lovefesters!
Any of you guys have one of those white x-pin DMDs? I have the blue one but have been thinking about swapping it out. Lemme know your thoughts!

Blue on Xmen would look weird IMO. Red fits perfectly.

#1452 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I like the red a lot on my Xmen-Spidey-LOTR, blue is great on TRON, my only orange left is TZ, would be nice if ColorDMD did that one. TrilogyBeer should have my TRON rails from Zdoor done soon!
Happy new years gents!
Go PACK!

rodgers-set-and-throw.jpg 53 KB

cobb-hand-up.jpg 35 KB

cobb-goal-line-tightshot.jpg 34 KB

I think Tron would look amazing with blue display. The only orange I have is BDK but I also have a tiny collection . I want to add a Black Hole to my collection, is it weird to want an 80's game? I grew up in the 80's.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1453 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Happy New Year, lovefesters!
Any of you guys have one of those white x-pin DMDs? I have the blue one but have been thinking about swapping it out. Lemme know your thoughts!

Sorry I'm wasted. Somehow I thought you were talking about Xmen.

#1458 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Dude, the blue looks awesome on my Wolverine. I guess you would have to see it in person.

Yeah on a Wolverine edition it would look good because the trim and such is blue. But I don't think it will look that good on a Pro version machine.

#1459 10 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Im drunk too, 35 people just left my house for the party I had.. Hopped on pinside, some guy trashed CRT monitors for lcds in arcade games in a bby pac thread, Im not sure I typed in english, I love Pinside when Im drunk.
I had 20 new people play TRON tonight at my party, one guy tried to bid on one on ebay while in front of my machine, (as he drank some Jager), he is now in the market, I tempered his enthusiasm, and pointed him to pinside to the midguided souls selling their trons, better than the $8K trons he was bidding on..
Happy new years tron lovers, Go Big Red.

Here's one for your buddy, $4,699!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-tron-pro-4850-in-upstate-ny

#1464 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

FYI, I went Black.

To match your blades?

#1468 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Id be happy to test out some free prototypes right meow if you'd like.

Yyyeesss me too. Meow listen here centerflank, we all need a turn to test these, understand meow.

#1485 10 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Here ya go Flanky custom painted speaker panel ala Tron. You will see it this week with everything else. I bet you and I will do some Van Damage on my home brew at MGC

Tron custom panel.jpg 67 KB

That looks awesome! Is that available for purchase somewhere?

#1495 10 years ago

I will be painting some more as soon as Pinball Life gets more panels in stock. $119 plus shipping if I supply the panel.

tumblr_lm11bt4OaK1qe6xr2.giftumblr_lm11bt4OaK1qe6xr2.gif

#1500 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Still no portal, I did just learn about the Flynn/Scoop thing to finish modes in SOS, so that may help
I only needed to finish ZUSE the other day to light it...easy one haha, I only needed the far right standup I think...

What's the Flynn scoop thing to finish modes in SOS? Do you mean hitting the scoop after you complete each mode?

#1504 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

From this thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-almost-made-it-to-portal
MXV
"I've been to Portal a few times but have yet to complete it.
You all know that in SOS you can complete modes if Flynn's is lit by shooting the scoop and it will award you the current running mode (for a lesser point value). So if you are having trouble with Gem or another mode you can just finish those that way. You can relight Fynn's with the right orbit during SOS too as many times as you want. Also in disc multiball during SOS you don't have to hit all the various lit shots, you can shoot the spinning disc in the center and each read of the switches in there (the optos) will award one of the lit shots. Sometimes that's easier than some of the lit shots, especially if your disc tends to kick the ball out fairly consistently to a safe place.
My best game so far is 187M. I'm pretty sure I had double scoring going when I started SOS and I had a decent amount of the modes completed and I got to Portal but didn't come very close to finishing it."

THanks! I didn't know about those exploits, but now I will use them

#1515 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sexy wife pic!

IMG_0088.JPG 78 KB

Is that Luci?? I know you wanted one.

Luci%20game[1].pngLuci%20game[1].png

1 week later
#1555 10 years ago

Looking like Thurs for your Tron panel QuarterGrabber. I will have two extra for sale

pinheadpuckguy!

1 week later
#1597 10 years ago

This whole thread inspired me to play my Tron again when Xmen was my #1. And it also got me into modding my Tron, damn you centerflank!

1 month later
#1709 10 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i got some offers (deals) already for my pin, all seems nice, but not as attractive as what i have in mind, 2 ideas :
- a deal 1 vs 1 against a ST LE NIB (i actually got that proposal)
- selling the TRON LE, and than buying 2 NIB, a ST pro + MET pro !
to me, the second idea is more appealing, as i'm really in love with the MET pro at the moment (and this should grow with the new code coming)
i dont know about the ST, i played only few games on it, of course seems good, but... !? and what about a pro VS LE
now

I wouldn't sell Tron if I were you. But if you are, definently go ST Pro and Met Pro. STLE isn't worth a straight trade, it plays exactly like the Pro version so you would be giving up a Met Pro for some pretty lights on the side, a backglass and a kickback, not worth it to me. Go ST Pro and Met Pro if you do the trade.

4 weeks later
#1844 9 years ago

Finally got my speaker panel in. Thanks pinheadpuckguy!

IMG_0735.JPGIMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0738.JPGIMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0741.JPGIMG_0741.JPG

3 weeks later
#2119 9 years ago

Off topic but I just watched Anchor Man 2 and there is a scene with four pinball machines in the background. One of them I identified as a Harlem Globetrotters, But I couldn't identify the other three. Does anyone know what the other three were??

3 weeks later
#2250 9 years ago

Finally got around to installing my Tron Pinblades. They are glossy so Eli's ramp lights reflect in them and the grid pattern matches my pinheadpuckguy speaker panel

IMG_0870.JPGIMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0872.JPGIMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0874.JPGIMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0875.JPGIMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0876.JPGIMG_0876.JPG

IMG_0877.JPGIMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0879.JPGIMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0880.JPGIMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0881.JPGIMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0885.JPGIMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0887.JPGIMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0888.JPGIMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0890.JPGIMG_0890.JPG

#2253 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Lookin' good Ryan!

Thanks Mike. I will post on pinballrevolution.com too

#2254 9 years ago

I just noticed that thread. Just voted for Tron

3 weeks later
#2306 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Trilogy Beer and I were jamming a bunch of games out the other night, plus I had a mini-tourney.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/over-the-top

Did you invite neo

#2308 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Who?

thunder.jpg 6 KB

Mr. Skywalker
Didn't have any Star Wars pics

1 week later
#2350 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Any Troniacs with 3d printers? I have found pretty much the perfect topper if one could be made using this model

tron-guy-3d-render.jpg 109 KB

Ha, that would make a killer shooter rod!

2 weeks later
#2410 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just got home from work, Happy 4th everyone, now figure out a porn name for me.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-porn-name-for-cf

PR_Lightcycle.jpeg 116 KB

Done!

1 month later
#2495 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Put the Pinball Customs recognizer decal on today. Such a no-brainier mod, every Tron should have one!

image-115.jpg 256 KB

Yes, it holds up too. I bought one from pinball decals and it was trashed in a couple months. I put the pinball customs one on after and still going strong more then a year later.

2 weeks later
#2523 9 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I'm probably gonna get a tron, is there any negatives of a first run? And what should I look for?

First run has a screened cab, I personally take that as a negative.

#2525 9 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Is the cabinet the only difference?

no there are a few other differences, I just forget them. One is the first run came with a 3D translite, I prefer this translite but some prefer the hot chicks translite to it.

#2529 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

first run had different ramp vehicles than one of the reruns, ya? 1st had motorcycles and the reruns had the car thinger and something?

everyone replaces those anyway, the cool people anyhow

1 week later
#2617 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

nice !!!!
ps. hola from Lafayette today

What the hell do you do for a living? You are always all around the world. Playboy millionaire?

#2634 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hint...

░░░░░░░___░░░░░░░░░░░░░░___░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░▒▒░░░░
░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒░░░
░░░░░▒▒▒ ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▒▒▒░░▒▒░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒░▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒░▒░░░
░░░▒▒░▒▒ ▒▒░▒▒░░░░░░░▒░▒▒ ▒▒░▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒░░▒▒_▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒_▒▒░░▒▒░░░
░▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▒░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▒░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░
░░░▓░░▒▒▒▒▒░░▓░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░
░░░░▓░▒▒▒▒▒░▓░░░░░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒░░░░░░░
░░░░░▓▒▒░▒▒▓░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░▒▒▒░░░░░░
░░░░░░▓▒░▒▓░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒░░░▒▒░░░░░░
░░░░░░▒▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒░░░▒▒░░░░░░
░░░░░░▓▒░▒▓░░░░░░░░░░▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░
░░░░░▓▒▒░▒▒▓░░░░░░░░░▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░
░░░░▓░▒▒░▒▒░▓░░░░░░░░▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░
░░░▓░░▒▒░▒▒░░▓░░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░▒▒░░░░
░░▓░░░▒▒░▒▒░░░▓░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░▒▒░░░░
░▓░░░░▒▒░▒▒░░░░▓░░░▒▒▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

MORE! you tease

#2636 9 years ago

I heard there was some "centerflank" guy in this thread and he was the cats meow. But I haven't seen him around ..........centerflank, true story or just a legend?

#2639 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

legend-1.jpg 38 KB

Awesome, what do you call that one? Tron Legendy

2 weeks later
#2690 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Thats a lotta duct tape.
Also interesting about the spare pf being numbered out of 400. Makes me wonder if they ever made all 400 LEs.
Wonder if quarterGrabber's pf was numbered

This was my playfield. TimeBandit bought it from me. I can't believe after an entire roll of duct tape the damn shippers still managed to punch a hole in it

#2693 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

here's to the 80's
wishing i was at expo 2nite. celebrating from afar

cigar-99.jpg 103 KB

Where the heck are you now? Bora Bora?

#2703 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just make sure to send it to a Professional that does great work..... in other words, not Neo. His tears usually get on the pf before he clears and causes fisheyes.

anakin_skywalker_mourns_by_truei... 956 KB

Every time I see that picture it makes me laugh because of his name

1 week later
#2759 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

did you hear about the Tron Prequel pin?

Who hasn't?

#2763 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

notice anything odd about this ?!?

tron-arcade-hell-1.jpg 35 KB

It says two tigers but really there is two sharks on the marquee?

#2765 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Some Ahole bastardized a TRON cab

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 months later
#2915 9 years ago

Did you guys know labnip was into making rap videos in his spare time. It's true, check it out.

#2920 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I'm a bit partial to these pops....also I am doing a run of chrome aprons early Feb if anyone is interested.

Chrome all three lit 2.JPG 114 KB

Price?

#2925 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Pops can be had on my site hookedonpinball.com in both chrome or black $79-99.
The Chrome apron I posted a sign up $218 (US) for chrome apron only or full install kit $310.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tron-le-aprons-chrome-list
Listed US only but QG your a regular so we can do that just contact me.

Sweet, thanks! PM sent!

#2927 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

FLYNN LIVES apron decal pricing:
$15 shipped to continental USA for 1 set of your choice.
$17 shipped elsewhere for 1 set of your choice.
PM for price breaks on quantities.
---
Current inventory:
2x 1: "Neon" font of many skinny individual lines. Letters are positive.
1x 2&3: "Neon" font of many skinny individual lines. Reverse image: letters are "holes" & the background is art.
2x 4: Mostly filled-in letters with "neon" at the edges. Letters are positive.
2x 5&6: Mostly filled-in letters with "neon" at the edges. Reverse image: letters are "holes" & the background is art.
2x 7: Filled-in block letters. Letters are positive.
2x 8&9: Filled-in block letters. Reverse image: letters are "holes" & the background is art.
Thanks,
-Jason

stickers-all.jpg 169 KB

stickers-1.jpg 276 KB

stickers-4.jpg 170 KB

stickers-2&-3.jpg 168 KB

stickers-5&-6.jpg 159 KB

stickers-7.jpg 174 KB

stickers-8&-9.jpg 143 KB

0071-Shadow Stickers, Apron Tria... 107 KB

0071-Shadow Stickers, Apron Tria... 65 KB

0071-Shadow Stickers, Apron Tria... 61 KB

Only $2 more for out of USA orders, that's pretty darn good.

#2930 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Trick on shipping to Canada cheap is thin thin thin envelopes - no tracker though without customs forms. But decals are cheap enough to resend if lost etc.
USPS sucks but thats another thread

I've actually never had a problem with USPS. I've received every package sent to me. Now UPS that's a different story

#2932 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

OK I must clarify - USPS sucks because I used to be able to ship overseas using the customs number as a tracker. USPS chose to turn off the customs tracker to any country other than Canada back in July.
So if you want a real tracker number you have to send it registered mail which increase every package by $14 and increases time spend in the post office by about 15 min per package while they "seal all openings". So they could just simply turn on the tracker but they chose not to = suck.

I would prefer cheaper shipping to a tracking number do you really need a tracking number anyway? (I Sent you a PM btw )

1 week later
#2964 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Flank and gang, check this out.....ordered 1/2 size ( 18.5x27) movie poster of TRON Legacy. Advertised as two sided ( inverted image on back) to make colors deeper. Got , and it was actually 2 diffent pictures...threw it in the lightbox for kicks.....and looks cool as shit ( sort of)....

What do you think? I'm going to get a " real" two sided for it ( only $7.00) but this is growing on me, the more I stare at it.....mark

image.jpg 135 KB

That looks bad ass! I would keep it like that.

2 weeks later
#2995 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

haven't tried raping mine yet

#2999 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Something funny about this Tron

image.jpg 51 KB

The right side has a launch button and the left side has a street light? Oh and it looks like someone took a Tron and turned it into a virtual pin.

#3009 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Yes. Yes they are. PM Centerflank for details.

Join in the next 30 minutes and receive one free box of Shasta

#3012 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Mod opportunity!!! This bulb under the right ramp burns my eyeballs. It needs some sort of colored plastic over it. Or maybe something with a risque Gem pose?

IMG_20150213_164036630.jpg 198 KB

Why isn't that LED blue
I have a frosted blue in mine and it doesn't hurt my eyes at all.

#3026 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Woof, time to shop that sucker out.

Lol!
Apparently there's more love for Q*bert

Post edited by QuarterGrabber: mispelled Q*bert

#3033 9 years ago

Installed this little gem last week. One of my favourite mods.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3035 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Nice !!
How do you like it when playing?
add a little extra somethin' ?

Yeah, it looks awesome plus when you hit the three bank target it flashes blue which is super cool. One thing though is don't follow the instructions on where to place the blue LED strip. It tells you to place it at the bottom of the motor bracket, which I did at first, and I couldn't see the blue at all. Then I moved the blue strip and placed it directly under the red LED strip, much better, then I could see the blue. You have to bend the diod forward just a bit but well worth it.

#3037 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

good to know... been thinking about doing it.

You should, totally worth it.

#3038 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

good to know... been thinking about doing it.

And installation was easy, even a knob like me could do it

#3043 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I suspect that's because your GI is so blue already. Absolutely nothing wrong to moving position to suit as long as you're not shorting anything out. I still have incandescent GI in mine, about to put LEDs in a few days, so I might have to fiddle with mine too. In my machine, it's VERY obvious effect...like the red and blue mix and you get a bright violet flash.
Lab, if you have questions about the install....I wrote the instructions. And stuff. lol. I also have a video walkthrough on youtube.
» YouTube video

Ah man it would have been nice to know that video instructions existed before I painstakingly followed the instructions on their website with no pictures and tried to figure it out

Also maybe something is wrong with mine? I couldn't notice mine at all when it was on the bottom and it certainly didn't make the inserts flash. Your blue is super bright, way brighter then mine is, even in its new placement. Maybe Mezel mods is using a weaker LED in the production models? Also my red doesn't strob like that? Pig 2?

#3045 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...just admit it once and for all... "mr, I can't see the blue light"
you're johnny depp !

johnny-depp-BLUE-glasses.jpg 23 KB

I wish

#3050 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes, the PIG2 does the pulsing effect, and turns it down and solid lit when it drops down. The LEDs I used on my original one are just normal strips of NON waterproof 5050 SMD LEDs....commonly available about damn near everywhere. I would have to check to see if I used LEDs they sent me or not. I honestly don't remember, but there shouldn't be much variance in 12v blue LEDs really. Dumb question, but your blue strip is connected to the *flasher* socket under the TRON insert, right?
I provided them plenty of pictures for the install? There was at least one pic for every step....
aaaaand...I don't see them anywhere on the site. I'll talk to them about it. At least have them put up the video link.

Yeah no pictures in the instructions was very frustrating. If they put the pics you posted above with the instructions on their website it would have made things easier. Yes I have mine hooked up the same way you do in your pics except the blue LED location, I placed it under the red LED. The 5050 strips are the brighter strips, maybe they used the dimmer ones, I think they're 3020, in the production units. I can switch those out easy though.

#3063 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

How many of these items have you sold total overall?

And what was your net profit last year on them

#3067 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes, yes please....alternating blue and orange under cab will rock!!!....back on topic....TRON is supreme!!!

Shouldn't you change your name to MK8PIN?

#3070 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Flank...please weigh in on this...immediate family, correct?....

No son in laws, they change too frequently

#3092 9 years ago

Anyone know what happened to Keebler? He used to post here a lot but vanished all of a sudden?

#3095 9 years ago

Isn't the Orange and blue colours on the wrong sides for the trim?

1 week later
#3143 9 years ago
Quoted from west6926:

I have an LE. Do you suggest cliffy protectors for that run

No. The LE comes with unbreakable plastic.

#3158 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

too protect my Tron, i take the balls out and just roll them around on the playfield glass

You let the balls touch the machine I just stand in front of it and imagine the balls moving around. Sometimes I imagine myself having a pretty good game.

#3171 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Also I have 4 Tron related vinyl stickers if any of my fellow Troniacs want one. PM me with your address and which one you want. Only requirement is you must own a Tron or you are Quorra.

IMG_4049.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

PM sent! I am Quorra BTW so I qualify.

3 weeks later
#3211 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Can't believe pinballers like TS over TRON.....idiots!

Can't beleive some dude is hording pictures of centerflanks wife in that thread........................creepy!

#3213 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That is creepy, thumb him down.

Done! Still super creepy though

1 week later
#3245 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Mmm

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

What the hell! That translite is awesome! (Except the bowling pin in it?). I would replace my "Girls" translite with that one. Where did you get it?

#3252 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My iphone sucked at taking the pic...grabbed a rebel from work, but I have no idea wtf I'm doing with all the setting things....Here is the best I could find with the settings I missed with. Looks great in person. well lit, no real dark areas. My art guy is gonna swing by and take real pics soon.

IMG_8973.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Where can I get one?

#3255 8 years ago

I finally got around to installing my chrome apron from Hooked today. Looks pretty nice, I just need to hook up the harnesses now so it lights up.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3257 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Wow !!!!
It's so shiny, it basically reflects the color of your walls & ceiling.
How's it look in dark with tron on?

Oh yeah. I just noticed my ceiling vent and blacklight cannon reflected in the first pic. And me holding the iPad to take the pic in the second picture.

#3258 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Wow !!!!
It's so shiny, it basically reflects the color of your walls & ceiling.
How's it look in dark with tron on?

It's really hard to tell in the photo but it looks like this in the dark with Tron on.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#3283 8 years ago

I need some Pinsidera advice here. Erik was awesome and sent me some Tron decals. The Recognizer I asked him for and as an amazing surprise a Flynn's arcade sign! I can't decide which decal to use on my chrome apron. Here is a pic of the apron with each decal on it. Which do you guys think looks better on the apron? Thanks in advance.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3285 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

At first I was going to ask why your apron was grey....then I realized you have that stupid popcorn crap on your ceiling.

Hahaha, no my ceiling is smooth. It is the crappy low Res pic.

#3290 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Not sure I like either--if you can't salvage the original sticker maybe an Encom one might look cool?

I can get the original decal off the original apron easy, but I don't like the way it looks, a little too Disney for me.

#3291 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I think it looks cleaner without the center decals on the apron...
slap those tron stickers on your car asap bro!!

Yeah, I think you are right. I think I'll leave it blank and put the somewhere else on the game.

#3292 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

it costs a buck to play Tron at QG's house
The Recognizer might look better if you trim off the white border

$1 Canadian, that's like 5 cents American

#3295 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

slap one on a pingulp and the other on your light cycle

Lightcycle? How will it fit?

#3297 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'd put it on the license plate

Do you mean on the cab art?

#3300 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

put-sticker-here.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

#3304 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm busy this weekend... can someone send him the new member paperwork
we will require lots of pix as evidence of never ending fun with world's best pin.

Also a pic of the PLAYFIELD with a piece of paper that reads "centerflank rules" hand written with your signature at the bottom is also required.

#3306 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

new Chevy car...
tron-chevy-car-1.png (Click image to enlarge)

That looks like something out of judge dred.

1 week later
#3370 8 years ago

Added another little mod for Tron.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3376 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stop the insanity!!!...ok, where did you get those...think I'll need a set....I'm hopeless

I got them from laseriffic (below is the link). It was a set of three, there is a yellow one on the upper flipper too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improved-laseriffic-flipper-toppers/page/2#post-2418952

#3378 8 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

That FLYNN sign mod I ordered from here: http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=152
If you like I can hold a light cycle set for you on hold till next month. No problem...
Another great mod I would recommend are a very nice set of inner decals from "hassanchop": https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-custom-side-board-decals

Yes I have hassanchop's inner decals installed and they look amazing, I wish he did them for more games. They are super glossy so they reflect the ramp lights nicely

1 week later
#3440 8 years ago

I know what I'll be doing tonight

IMG_1528.JPGIMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1529.JPGIMG_1529.JPG

#3444 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Someone gets it!

Wait a minute................ I get it now! Hahaahahahaha, all the colours of the ramp lights and all the colours of the rainbow, lol

#3449 8 years ago

Here is a short video of the Integrated ramp kit after installation.

#3455 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

He is using Laseriffics undercab kit that I helped him modify to work with the interface board. That kit was initially hooked up to flashers in the game. He ended up disconnecting it from the flashers and hooking it up to the new interface board. That being said, pretty much any RGB strip light will work with this interface board. Something like this is all you need: ebay.com link

Yep, what he said. Nelly was a GREAT help to me. At first I didn't think laseriffic's kit was compatible with the integrated ramp kit mod, but he explained in detail what I had to do step by step to get it hooked up and working. I really recommend this mod and Nelly's customer service is excellent, he will help you every step of the way.

#3460 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

To be fair, six of those are my alt accounts

Only six? Shame on you

#3477 8 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

The manual in his picture says Eli's, which is the same as mine, but the kit itself looks significantly different. Was more than one type released?

It is a completely different kit that was designed to specifically tie into Eli's mod, so if you don't have Eli's mod you can't use this kit. It ties all other devices like speaker lights, undercab kits, toppers, ect.... To flash/light up at the same time and the same colour as Eli's ramp lights when they are going. Read up on it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighting-mod-for-tron-ramp-kit-owners-gauging-interest

#3478 8 years ago

And buy the way this mod is SUPER cheap too. Considering it costs $100 for a plastic building to go on your playfield nowadays to have an electronic over the top mod like this for $50 is crazy cheap.

#3480 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

granted... it is a whole building.

it is! wholly crap what a deal! I thought the doors and windows were extra. Scratch my last statement.

#3499 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is there an interactive exterior under lighting led kit for the LE somewhere?

Yes there is, right here:

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Down-Under-Under-cabinet-lighting-kit/p/21797269/category=4730949

I know it says "out of stock" but just contact Gio and he will make one up for you

#3503 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Just finished installing the metal apron--now just have to hook up the flashers. You don't realize just how cheesy looking the plastic apron is until you take it off and replace it with the metal apron that should have been on there in the first place...

Yes, plastic aprons = Super cheese fest

#3509 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Does anybody have a link for the diy recognizer lighting? I can't find the thread...and I must mod.. I think I am sick.

****oops, misread your post, please disregard this post****

Yes, you can get it here.

http://mezelmods.com/collections/tron/products/tron-illuminated-bank-target

I have this mod on mine and it is beautiful. It stays lit red and when you hit it with the ball it flashes blue to acknowledge the hit, awesome. I did have to change the location of the blue LED strip though so I could see the blue better. But now it looks amazing! Totally worth picking up.

#3518 8 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Where did you relocate the blue strip to? My blue doesn't light up as bright like the one in the video.

I'll take a pic of it when I get home for you. You pretty much have to re-locate it or you don't even notice it at all.

#3523 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

How to spend a rainy Saturday 101
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Is this your own personal home theatre?

#3534 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

My clearcoated new LE PF. Thanks to Scott aka Savage, in Brisbane. And Ryan, of course, for selling it to me in the first place.
» YouTube video

Wholly crap that looks so different now . It makes it look like it left my house with no clear at all . Congrats, amazing clear job!

#3536 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yeah, that was not a good factory run at all, was it? Compare to how good the Kiss clear is looking for example.

No and I thought the LE's came with extra clear too. Well it looks fantastic now. What are you gonna do with that thing anyway? Wall art until you need it?

#3540 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

So badly want to get it in and use it, but also want to just look at it. And maybe rub against it just a little bit.

Ah ok, well that explains the porn music in the video. I will leave you two alone

#3557 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Trophy was excited for me to get Portal but she said she lost her "powers" when I had the long ball times! LOL!
IMG_0403.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

You only got 5400 on that game! Man you got slaughtered. I guess your Jedi "powers" weren't working that day (joke)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3570 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

keep planted in shady locations, avoid direct sun.
known to attract females of the species.
requires daily care and feeding.
usually bares fruit year round.
plunge often for best results.
offer not valid in vermont.

You forgot "requires a prenup do to increasing value".

#3587 8 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

You guys have issues with the chrome rings moving around? I've thought about using some double-sided tape or something to hold them in place.

No I don't have any issues with mine moving at all. But I did screw the screws down pretty tight.

#3596 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Question I brought up to TrilogyBeer as we drank beers and played TRON yesterday.....
You meet up with Quorra and she has a raging case of herpes,,,,,, do you dive in?
Sometimes it's worth the risk.

Hmmmmm, one night with Quorra and herpes forever or no night with Quorra and herpes never..................herpes please!!!

#3600 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

How much should an NOS 3D TRON Translite go for. I'm interested in getting one to hang on my wall.
Anyone know of any that have sold recently?
Thanks

They are usually around the $300 USD mark.

#3602 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

well that's a weird quote defect

I know, it's been happening to other people too. Probably just a bug in the new update. I'm too lazy to report it to Robin, hopefully someone less lazy did.

1 week later
#3618 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone sitting on an extra scoop cliffy? Ill trade you a clear disc pad for it. MY slotted cliffy cracked apart at the slot and the ball gets hung up there now. I get the angry eyes from Trophy every time it happens to her.

I have one I installed for about two games, didn't like it so bought a mantis. I'll do that trade.

1 week later
#3627 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The extra callouts is the most overlooked feature when the LE is being compared to the Pro. It adds so much to the immersive experience.

Could someone not just take the extra callouts from the LE and insert them into a Pro using pinball browser if they want? Seems like they could?

#3629 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Might be difficult to find the trigger. Pinball browser replaces sounds that are already being triggered. I guess it would depend on whether the code is calling an empty space, or not calling anything at all.

Well with pinball browser you can add 1000 new callouts to a Pro if you want so that part of the LE I don't miss or even care about. What I like on the LE vs the Pro and the most important feature IMO is the multi colour lighting. But I hear some crazy auzzie has come up with a solution for that

#3639 8 years ago

Nice helmet. I believe it is only one.

#3646 8 years ago

I know what I'll be doing tonight thanks Centerflank!!! I hear the black rubber disc is a bitch to remove. I am going to try and heat it up with a heat gun to remove it and see if that works. Any tips would be appreciated.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3647 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Here you go! I've just joined the club with LE#361. The side blades look awesome and really pick-up all the colors of the game.
012.JPG
004 (2).JPG
003.JPG

I have to admit I still like hassenchops tron pinblade a way better.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/45#post-1652783

#3651 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I can get some pics of these installed on mine if anyone wants. They're great.

The link I provided in my post shows pics of them installed in my machine

#3653 8 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Heating up works ... But try to use a hair dryer to prevent overheating. Also remove the srews and backplate to prevent breaking.
Final pieces of glue and rubber I removed by using a very sharp chisel.
Than cleaning/degrease the to be glued surface and put the rubber in place.
There was no need for additional glue...

Really, no additional glue? Everyone I talked to that has installed them told me to add adhesive spray because the stock glue wasn't stong enough.

#3657 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

hmm yes I like those. They flow with the game and back. But I like the way mirror blades throw light back in the game..... hmmm......

Hassanchop's are super glossy and reflect all the light as well. The only problem is I don't know if he's selling them anymore. You would have to PM him if you wanted a set.

#3662 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Don't you have to be extra extra carefull while lifting the pf in order not to scatch / damage the sideblades?

No you don't have to be careful at all. If you buy from pingraffix they supply two lengths of thick felt tape to put on the sides of the playfield. If you buy from another pinblade supplier, just get your own felt tape and put it on.

#3672 8 years ago

Depends which angle you hit her switch from

1 week later
#3707 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What do you guys have for plays on your TRON?
I have 2678

How many plays did you have on it before the last code update. those were wiped out so you need to add those plays too.

#3715 8 years ago

I have 923 plays on mine and I think I may have had 25 on before the last code update, so let's say 950.

#3716 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

342 plays here and my scores are completely stinking it up recently

Geez, that's it? Do you ever have people over to play?

1 week later
#3725 8 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Yes I put that pinball bulbs led kit into mine - looks awesome. Really makes a big difference in the blue disc lights and the green lights. You will love it I am sure.

I have it installed as well. Lots of pics of it in this thread.

#3727 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Cool, I thought you just had the 'competitors' kit.

I have the entire GI kit. So all GI bulbs and all the extra double spotlights and light strip in the back, which I actually removed because it deluded the Eli's ramp kit too much. The only thing that isn't PBB is the inserts which are coin taker. But insert lights anyone can do on their own and don't show up in pics anyway.

#3729 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Very good. Thanks! So the competitor kit is just the GI, spots and strips?

Yes, the competitor kit is everything above the PLAYFIELD.

#3738 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm sorry. Block your eyes...
Who's a dirty girl...
image.jpg
Bath time!
image.jpg

Time to change that black rubber disc to a clear one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
12,028 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
324 posts in this topic match your search for posts by QuarterGrabber. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuarterGrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=QuarterGrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.