tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9443 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If Tron is revisited by Lyman what is needed?
Portal needs to be more dynamic, higher scoring etc but can't think of much else??

Is there a way to light special? I’ve owned this game 2 years, and we love it. It’s brutal yet simple. But I am pretty sure I’ve never seen special lit. Anyone?

2 weeks later
#9476 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This was in my
Giant box of mods I never installed. I know it’s for TRON , anyone know what it is ?
[quoted image]

Yep, it’s a universal power source connector for an led strip or extra lamp. You can plug the wedge or bayonet into any socket (such as the 2 lights inside the coin door) to add an led strip to the trough or maybe an extra lamp to the playfield. Comet sells extension wires in different lengths so that you can add lighting to your pin. I usually add a trough light and maybe LEDs to the scoops too!

2 months later
#9636 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A dusty find....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Even a dusty Tron LE is a thing of beauty. I have a loaded Tron pro, but would love an LE someday. Congrats on your new pin!

2 months later
#9725 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

The translight and almost every picture on this machine is orange. Went with what better fits this machine.
[quoted image]

Mine has a similar, but reversed powder coat. I was told 6-8 of these hadn’t sold yet back in 2012 or so, and they received this makeover at either Cointaker or Pinball Life. I really like the look of it. I use blue and yellow flippers. I’ve tried orange but I prefer yellow. Yours looks good!

E1F80130-D24D-46C7-8424-6EF29D015800 (resized).pngE1F80130-D24D-46C7-8424-6EF29D015800 (resized).png
1 week later
#9740 3 years ago

Wow. That’s bonkers. I’ve owned my Tron for 2 years and can’t reach Portal. In fact, my high scores are all from 2018. I can usually reach Sea of Simulation, but I’m 2 or 3 modes short of Portal always. Do you find the best path is to complete the modes before reaching SoS? Or do you clean up the mess and finish the modes during SOS? Nice job! Heckuva ball. I would honestly pull that ball out and encase it in acrylic. It has earned retirement.

#9744 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The true goal of Tron is to complete all the modes first, then double scoring, then portal. One you get better, portal isn't that hard to get to. Usually light cycle is the hardest for me to finish. My GC is 340million or so My game plays fn fast too, but it's just a matter of practice, flipper skills, and a little luck sometimes.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I agree w Billy16 on this. I’m a decent player with some top 10 scores on here (not Tron!) and I can pretty consistently hit both Quorra and Gem, I just can’t seem to finish everything, even earning 1 or 2 extra balls. I definitely can’t do it with 3. Tron is a fast, punishing game. But it’s not unfair, imho. I just need to focus on completing modes and get to Portal already. That’s my goal - reach Portal before year end. Does the “special” insert actually light up on the pro? I’ve never seen it qualified.

2 months later
#9860 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Just paid a deposit on one of these bad boys -- my personal grail. Heading to Colorado to pick it up sometime in January. Can't wait!

Welcome! Tron is a fantastic pin. I'm so close to reaching Portal, which is a fun place to be - close but not quite at the end. I keep getting all but one mode completed. The "second chance" to complete each mode during Sea of Simulation is clever. It's a good change-of-pace pin that is fast and can be punishing, but isn't unfair. Plus, for fans of the films, I feel Stern did a fantastic job capturing the look and feel of Tron, even if the playfield artwork itself isn't the best ever. I love the Tron universe art blades by Retro Refurbs also, they add so much depth to the game. Mirrors look good on this one too! I traded an almost new MET for my Tron 2 years ago and have been thrilled with the trade, and I loved MET.

Good luck adding your Tron safely! Enjoy it!

#9864 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Another amazing milestone is reaching Portal without needing SOS...I think it's a 50M bonus for doing that. I think I've accomplished this once.
Hey, don't know how your disk is configured, but the translucent rubber mod adds a lot of cool ball action (and also looks better and keeps the PF free of black marks). Here is a link to an old post of mine on this topic:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/176#post-4796628

Thanks, I will try to complete all the modes without starting SOS. I also have the clear rubber disk on my Tron. The ball comes out of there so fast I always keep my flippers up whenever I shoot into the disk. So often the ball is ejected so fast I can’t react to it, but my flippers save me. I need to add a backup clear disk. I’m not sure how long they last.

#9866 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Cool that you have the clear rubber disk. Some folks warn that it can damage plastics/etc., but I've had it for a long time without damage. I'm sure it will last a long time, but having a backup makes sense. With my disk, the ball can have so much spin on it that it makes Gem/Quorra from the spinner!

Do you ever get ejects where the ball starts coming down the playfield, but because it’s actually spinning like crazy, it changes direction and takes off up the playfield? It’s bonkers. Very hard to predict the ball leaving the disk area. Awesome mech. I have a CSI too, which features a similar spinning disc, but it’s utilized very differently, more like POTC. The ball is more captive and usually just rolls out of the centrifuge when it stops. My black disk on csi is worn also, and doesn’t grab the ball well.

#9870 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

What is "Insult Level"? Feature adjustment 18.
I was browsing the menus after my 8yo boy asked, "What does 'dammit' mean?"
Does this setting clean up (or dirty up) the voice callouts?
Thanks,
-Jason
[quoted image]

My 2 year-old son has taken to yelling “dammit!” when pretty much anything happens. My wife and I are very careful about what he hears, but he picked it somewhere (probably me). I hadn’t considered Tron! Dammit!

1 week later
#9936 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It does come unplugged, that's why you attach that 5v to the other cable using a small black tie, since that other cable is in fixed position with the little bracket. Providing pics of mine connected so that you'll know on which side to plug it back. Note where the wires go into the connector. Clean that cabinet up, you should be able to see all clean lines and the details on the vinyls. I would simply connect the power and check if the monitor is coming on before reassembly.

My arcade 4.0 mod is like a 50/50 proposition to be on or off when I turn the game on. The mini cabinet lights up, but the monitor doesn’t always come on right away. If I open the coin door and jiggle the cable under the pf, it comes right on. So something must be loose inside my mod too.

#9965 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

noticed that my arcade mod takes a while to start running the screen. sometimes I leave it on all day and it doesn't come on at all. anyone have this issue with their mod?
[quoted image]

Seems to be a common problem reported here. Happens to mine too. About half the time it doesn’t come on, or comes on a little after power up. Not sure why.

1 month later
#10058 3 years ago

Was able to find a Gem on EBay without breaking the bank, and she came with a Sam Flynn, who I gave a deadly disc.

C5E355ED-C87D-493A-96FD-AB160AD6E84B (resized).pngC5E355ED-C87D-493A-96FD-AB160AD6E84B (resized).png
#10071 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What’s a NIB/NOB (to swap cpu) Tron LE with 4 test plays of the board, worth these days?

A 2-bedroom home and a healthy kidney.

1 month later
#10105 3 years ago

I have an extra set of Tron mirror blades I bought from Cointaker 2-3 years ago. I decided I liked another set of art blades, so these have just been sitting in the original box. They are $160 new.

If anyone wants them for free, I’ll ship them if you wanna pay shipping. I don’t want any $ for them. They arrived with slight bends and a few tiny scuffs, but I doubt either would show when installed. See pics below.

Whoever PMs me first and pays shipping can have them.

EDIT - THESE ARE NOW TAKEN.

Thanks.

A8CBFE54-A0AD-438D-9C47-58626831D2A6 (resized).jpegA8CBFE54-A0AD-438D-9C47-58626831D2A6 (resized).jpeg63E69A42-70A6-4F99-8824-5661D306EA5D (resized).jpeg63E69A42-70A6-4F99-8824-5661D306EA5D (resized).jpeg9C250BB6-896B-4726-8A9C-AAE13320E26B (resized).jpeg9C250BB6-896B-4726-8A9C-AAE13320E26B (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#10131 3 years ago

Back in 2017 or 18, I bought a couple of those plasma light mods that later came standard on MBr LE. I had planned to install one on my GB, but never got around to it and eventually forgot about them. Installed one tonight on Tron...and it’s awesome! You can switch it on full time, or to react to sound/vibrations. It’s very sensitive to any cabinet vibration. Awesome mod. Easy to install on Tron, just a molex to the power board in the backbox. Highly recommend!

6F9C1825-2547-4692-A08A-85333B5AF60E (resized).jpeg6F9C1825-2547-4692-A08A-85333B5AF60E (resized).jpegD23BC461-9C95-480D-B40E-88B63FB283C0 (resized).jpegD23BC461-9C95-480D-B40E-88B63FB283C0 (resized).jpeg
#10134 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

That’s looks good there, I took one off my CV as I’m sure it was causing issues somehow with resets especially if it was on sound to light setting. Very weird as never had an issue as soon as I took it off. These run off 12v I’m guessing? Must get mine out of storage and try it in Tron.

I’ll keep that in mind. Yes, it connects directly to the power board in the backbox and I assume 12v. So far no issues with Tron, after a couple days. I have another one I’m going to try on my STTNG or Johnny M. If they suddenly start resetting I will post about it here. I suppose because they are drawing power away from the board maybe the voltage was lower with it attached? I don’t know anything about electricity so I don’t know. Do you lose voltage by having more mods drawing power?

#10143 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

20k for a TRON LE ? I would
List mine today.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a beauty! Looks familiar too!

4E07EE25-4A73-4AAA-B734-A6274AD0CF68 (resized).jpeg4E07EE25-4A73-4AAA-B734-A6274AD0CF68 (resized).jpeg
#10150 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Ugly twins. No offense, but not feelings the funky two-tone armor/legs (especially on an LE).

I have an ugly Tron.

1 week later
#10213 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Reach out to pinballlooking to see if/when they'll be doing another run.
My replacement arrived today and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it back. It was dead (and basically destroyed) when I bought my machine. They took care of me to get a new one. Hands down the BEST mod I've ever used.

Fantastic mod. Love the arcade mod on mine too. Mine works fine, but about half the time I have to reach inside the cab and just gently move the wires that run to the mod. Then the mod comes alive. Clearly a loose connection? But the odd thing is, it never fails during play once it’s on. It’s either on or off, and it stays on and never flickers or loses power during play. Strange. If these get remade with solid power supply connections, they should sell like warm griddle cakes.

#10220 2 years ago

Arrrrrgh. SO close to Portal! The one mode I usually complete every time. I couldn’t finish it. I love how this is just barely out of reach. Once I reach Portal will it still be a challenge?

88559B4F-A299-4658-AB18-B0796D9BC767 (resized).jpeg88559B4F-A299-4658-AB18-B0796D9BC767 (resized).jpeg
#10229 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, not to bore you ( ) but reaching PORTAL is not the challenge on TRON
but than yes, finishing it is another story... not much guys have done it
good luck !

It’s a challenge for me, I’m not that good!

2 weeks later
#10251 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Well, the good news, Goodie bag still attached, bad news... someone cared not even the slightest to do some cable management.. mods, and wires, and Pigs, on my . This is going to be fun

Holy moly that’s one tangled jumble of wires! My Tron arrived pretty messy too, more toward the back of the cab. There are so many mods, LED rails, topper, and sound tweaks I wouldn’t know where to begin!

#10254 2 years ago

Good call, I have this setup on a few of my machines, they word awesome! Just ordered one for Tron
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/shop/4594679907/dual-voltage-mod-power-supply-system/11445996

Sounds like these are a good safeguard for $100? Are they simple to install and use? I have a bunch of mods on my Tron all running off the boards and standard power supply.

1 week later
#10269 2 years ago

Pinkitten yes! Very straight forward Install. Generally speaking these games where made to power just what was required and no more ( older Bally Williams even more so). Modern sterns have a little bit better power systems. But nothing can be the peace of mind and flexibility of an external power supply. I am going to add a sub amp to mine as well and again this will use the power supply!

I ordered an external power supply for my Tron and one for LOTR, my 2 Stern pins with too many mods to count. Can’t wait to reduce the demand on each pin’s power supply!

1 week later
#10333 2 years ago

Yeah, listing a Tron pro as “LE” because it’s loaded doesn’t make it an LE. Even if you added 4 drop targets and chrome and a motorized recognizer and daft punk MB code, it would be a modified pro with LE features. My Tron pro is pretty crazy loaded, and I’m only willing to go so far as to call it a “premium” in the listing.

#10338 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Is adding the DP MB code to a pro even possible?

Not that I've ever heard. Some talented coder can probably do it, if they weren't so busy trying to add a wizard mode to Mousin' Around.

#10343 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Hi guys,
I recently joined the club. I was lucky to find a HUO single owner Pro. Absolutely everything on it was stock. So the first order of business was to upgrade to all the LEDs. I picked up one of those complete sets from Comet annnnnnd wow. The before and after photos are pretty striking.
I have to say, I am in love with this machine.

Congrats on your Tron! I have a pro also and it’s a top 10 pin for me. Smooth, fast, punishing and easy to understand the rules. Great music, theme and I like the art. The lighted ramps are just awesome. Your before/after for the led conversion is amazing. Incredible difference. If the LEDs are flickering or don’t pulse the way the incandescents do, get an OCD board. I just installed one on my LOTR and it’s great. Easy to install too. Have fun!

#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Enjoying my Tron LE, thought it was the titan silicon that was making it go so fast, but even with standard rubber, this game is over-the-top like almost violet fast. Seems to me that every coil hits too hard (like sling to outlane drain can be over before even having a chance to react). No place to adjust the sling coils, so either the game is meant to be insane or somebody put coils in that are too strong. Like I’ve played fast games but this one takes the cake. Do all Trons play like this? I didn’t recall it when playing my buddies LE before getting mine, but may have not been looking for it.
It’s currently my go-to game when I want to play something in less than 5 mins, which is more often than when I have time to play a 20-30 minute game.

Tron is definitely a fast game. You can check your sling coils to be sure they are stock strength, but they probably are. Mine are very active too, but I find Tron to be fast but fair, and not a drain monster. I feel like I can usually get control again when the ball is ping-ponging between the slings, unlike say, EATPM, which is just chaos once the slings get going. Reaction time is shorter on Tron than most pins I’ve played. I also keep mine set fairly steep, which keeps things interesting. Not many things stop the ball on Tron. The disc interrupts play briefly, but you have to be ready for bullets SDTM. I usually keep my flippers up whenever the ball leaves the disc, because I can’t react quickly enough at times. You can also disable the post in the back of the pf and crank up the speed even more!

#10368 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Should this stand up target be sticking out enough to redirect the ball rolling backwards down the Quarra shot? Or is it just bent out to the right from getting hammered over and over?
My E (on ZUSE stand ups) is also bent to the right. Pretty standard or should I be getting new stand up target switches?

They start to lean from repeated hits over time. Stand ups generally start out straight up. In some cases, like when they are close to the entry to a ramp, it makes sense to have them lean slightly out of the way. I usually adjust mine periodically to be upright. You can adjust some standups and re-tighten. Others have rivets holding them in place and are tricky to correct. I believe you can also buy stand up mods that hold the target upright. I can’t recall who sells them, but I’ve seen them.

1 month later
#10413 2 years ago

so, good thing I did not install my disk... this AM both the inner and outer rubber pads decided to just come off. I think part of the issue is the replacement disk I have from Pinball life, the surface where the pads mount is course and not smooth... so the rubber pads are having a hard time adhering. Going to try some gorilla glue or something similar. Any suggestions? Cheers

I like using the ultra thin 3M two-sided tape, which is so sticky it adheres to most surfaces. Sounds like your surface may not work well with that kind of adhesive. But might be worth a try. I have a 2-sided carpet tape that is crazy sticky too. I prefer it to glue if at all possible. And use alcohol on the surface before applying the tape. You prob did all that tho!

#10415 2 years ago

Thanks Pinkitten and you are correct... Unfortunately the surface where the pads mount, as I mentioned, are not polised and are very rough from what ever routing mechanism is used to recreate these. So I put some clear gorilla glue on and clamped it. Hoping this will do it. Thanks

Cool! I hope that works. Bummer the surface isn’t conducive to most adhesives. Hope it works well!

#10421 2 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Even NIB Tron Pro came with the crappy photocopy manual. (Hell... photocopy would be better... these manuals are more like a early '90s fax)
And I believe the Tron LE was the same as well.
To my knowledge, there was never a color digital copy for Tron, like there was for older (and newer) Sterns.

I think the latest Tron owners manual reads “in the event any issues arise, list your pro for $11,000, and your LE for $20,000, and wait for the vault!” But that could just be a rumor.

2 weeks later
#10454 2 years ago

I’ve had my Tron for about 3 years, and still haven’t reached Portal. I’ve been one or two shots away from it a few times. I reach Sea of Sim probably about half the time. I start the modes easily, but I seldom finish them. I’m probably an average player for a collector, but I’m the best player in my household, with my wife second and my toddler third.

2 weeks later
#10485 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I just joined the club. Loving the machine. Can someone hook me up with some custom sound mix? I can donate for your time. Please DM me. Thank you in advance.
J

Reach out to Scott D.(TheNoTrashCougar), he can prob hook you up.

3 weeks later
#10506 2 years ago

Added a new topper! Another Pinsider had this on his game and recommended it. It reminds me of the 80’s arcade game.

51238D84-9508-414E-A860-456422F31614 (resized).jpeg51238D84-9508-414E-A860-456422F31614 (resized).jpegF2D3048E-311C-43BC-9CCE-FBDFCFCAD48E (resized).jpegF2D3048E-311C-43BC-9CCE-FBDFCFCAD48E (resized).jpeg
#10508 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Nice. Where did you get it?

A guy on Ebay who goes by Quartereatercabinets sells LED display boxes that look like mini back boxes. I have the Fish Tales box too.

#10516 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How do you power it? Do you have it connected inside the machine?

Hey, Mo! It comes with a (short) power cord which is plugged into an extension cord behind the game.

3 months later
#10610 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Pretty cool, nice details! You could actually have the discs replaced with small/edged fluorescent acrilic discs for full effect - unless you can 3D those using that kind of material? Dunno too much about printing.. but great work, program!

I did something similar with a blue translucent washer. I just ordered a figure that comes with a mini identity disc, so I’ll have to see which looks best!

FA9FEFD8-21D1-4392-831D-73589766E59E (resized).pngFA9FEFD8-21D1-4392-831D-73589766E59E (resized).png
2 months later
#10642 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hey guys, can i join your club?
Got my Tron pro last night. What an absolutely amazing pinball machine.
I never expected it to be so beautiful. I thought i had the most beautiful pinball machine in the world with my Sunset riders, but the backglass on tron is a masterpiece.
The art package is incredible seeing as they used movie assets, so much better than the effort made on spiderman.
The gameplay?
What can i say, i never knew they made a pinball as tough as this one, only had a couple games over 10m so far.
Mostly it's just 'that can't of been the last ball again?'.
Never expect to find a tougher game. I thought Rob Zombie was fast but this makes it seem like an EM.
So damn impressive.
[quoted image]

Welcome! I mortgaged the old homestead in 2018 to bring my loaded Tron pro from Texas, which I was so happy with, and I still think it’s the total package. Art package is dazzling, sound is killer and it’s fairly simple yet fast, smooth and punishing. Newbies get crushed on this pin at my house, and I still haven’t reached Portal. Congrats on adding yours! I agree with the above, add a sub underneath and let it rumble.

1 week later
#10659 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

I guess when you own a $10k tron, it's like...What's an additional $1200? LOL!

I’d like to put an original full-size arcade Tron on top of my Tron pro. I’m going to win Topper of the Year.

#10670 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think i was one shot away from portal oh well
[quoted image]

I’ve been one shot away too. So close.

#10684 2 years ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

Not just the sound, but the feeling and immersion into each plunge.

I have a Polk sub under my Tron too. It’s a game changer.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I had added this next to it - cool effect when peeps wear anything white! lol[quoted image]

I would love a Tron arcade machine. Since I was a kid in 82 I wanted one.

#10685 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Finished the topper to match the neon

Here is my topper…I’m a big fan of the arcade game.

D8BC1900-BDD9-4692-80A3-6D6F245BEDC4 (resized).jpegD8BC1900-BDD9-4692-80A3-6D6F245BEDC4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10692 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What are the best colours for powder coating this machine? It's staying forever. I have a pro btw.

Chrome looks amazing on Tron. I have the blue/orange split powder coat.

8500F2AB-5D9D-4C1F-A203-A32794DF0219 (resized).jpeg8500F2AB-5D9D-4C1F-A203-A32794DF0219 (resized).jpeg
#10697 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just palyed something called sea of simulation. Can't see an insert for it, is it a mini wizard for playing all the multi's or somesuch? Slowly chipping away at the 96m GC score, up to 82m now.

Sea of Sim is mini wiz for lighting all the modes. If you finish all the modes, you reach Portal, or so I understand.

1 week later
#10711 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
I just installed the flipperfidelity 10" system in my Tron, and I am quite annoyed.
Sound quality is great, but how do I balance the sound to have the voices loud and clear, like the sound fx?
I played with the options in the menu (speech and music volume) but no luck.
Anyone solved that?

I haven’t tried FF in my Tron, but I have an external Polk sub underneath and I love it. The bass is deep and rumbles. It’s my only game I’m not allowed to play at night when my peeps are sleeping upstairs. The voices are very loud and clear. I can hear Jeff B saying “The Grid…” in my head whenever I think of that game. I hope you can get your FF balanced.

2 months later
#10755 1 year ago
Quoted from Only68s:

does anyone have a tron topper that they would be willing to sell?

I have the Laserific one I no longer use. I went with a different topper. It was about $160 plus shipping. PM me if you’d like to discuss.

#10757 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

anyone have any ideas on how to get it withiut so much bleed ?

You could add some black electrical tape along the top edge of the button, blocking the light from bleeding upward.

1 month later
#10807 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

There's never enough parts! Order now, maybe one day they'll be unobtanium again. You can always resell, new clear ramps for a Tron will always be popular items!

You guys talked me into it. $350 for years of insurance on a keeper like Tron is worth it. Plus, you can always sell them if you decide you don’t need them. I bet I could buy another pin with the $$$ I have invested in backup parts!

1 week later
#10815 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Use what ya got! I'd recommend this tool for any pinball owner: https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

Great tool for gapping switches. This isn’t uncommon, especially if you install new slingshot rubber. It can press the leaf switch together, or nearly together and even vibrations can trigger it. This little switch tool is nice to have. Titan’s little mini wrench is too. It’s like 1/4 and 3/8 inch and comes in really handy with lock nuts in tight spots. They are like $6.

1 week later
#10820 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I want to give a huge thanks to Chris at pinballplating.com for making this transformation possible. His work is second to none. Excellent communication and turnaround time. Check him out if you’re looking to chrome out one of you’re pins.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that’s a stunning chromed pro. Chris does a great job! I have his brass on my TOTAN and chrome on my CV. He has great options!

#10822 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Hmmm…Brass on TOTAN. My next transformation possibly

Mine was partially brassed when I got it. I put new brass legs on it and a brass skill shot assembly from Chris. I do like the way it looks.

3F4E40E7-3660-4C2A-A4A6-7A00D292B415 (resized).jpeg3F4E40E7-3660-4C2A-A4A6-7A00D292B415 (resized).jpeg5B280D50-74D4-40A7-9AEC-4FE999F24C00 (resized).jpeg5B280D50-74D4-40A7-9AEC-4FE999F24C00 (resized).jpegD0AFD21D-3F0C-4BAD-BA5F-1C1526130261 (resized).jpegD0AFD21D-3F0C-4BAD-BA5F-1C1526130261 (resized).jpeg
#10823 1 year ago

Chrome really does belong on Tron. I would love to do mine, but I have one of those custom ones one of the distros did with the blue powder on one side and orange on the other. I prefer the chrome, but it’s already pretty jazzed up to redo it. Here is my Tron pro, and the chrome Chris Royalty did on my CV

2A4AA041-B209-4AAE-AAF9-FB405CB7F141 (resized).jpeg2A4AA041-B209-4AAE-AAF9-FB405CB7F141 (resized).jpeg6B3C81A4-FBAE-48B5-BC2C-46996A0B20D3 (resized).jpeg6B3C81A4-FBAE-48B5-BC2C-46996A0B20D3 (resized).jpeg
#10825 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Been trying to decide what colour to do mine. It's a hard one for sure.
Pretty much settled on a rich black. I love the black onyx on my Celts and i think i'll aks haggis for the code. The ones i find on google have a textured finish, but my Celts is smooth as marble.
[quoted image]

A rich black with a fine, subtle sparkle might be awesome. I am hoping to get a TZ someday and do that.

4 months later
#11066 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Always. Which means nothing.

I heard a Jared Leto sequel was in the works. Maybe it’s in development hell. I would think Stern might vault this if that happens. I’d be happy for Tron hopeful buyers. I am a huge Tron pro fan. (I’m also an LE fan!)

2 weeks later
#11093 1 year ago
Quoted from MountZion:

Right away upon starting a game, my ramp lights turn red and green

Your Tron is on Holiday Mode.

#11102 1 year ago

He’s right about the 1 Up looking good next to a Tron pin. I have a 1 Up and I’m happy with it. Has Tron and Deadly Discs.

F3CF2813-F43D-4E72-959E-6F95B6D88889 (resized).jpegF3CF2813-F43D-4E72-959E-6F95B6D88889 (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#11425 7 months ago

Tinkering with making a backlit Flynn’s sign. Mounted a couple square orange LED clusters to a piece of lexan I cut and applied a Flynn’s sticker. I think an LED strip will work better. This is just a prototype! 2.0 will be better.

IMG_6382 (resized).jpegIMG_6382 (resized).jpegIMG_6383 (resized).jpegIMG_6383 (resized).jpeg
#11428 7 months ago

Those are nice. I wanted to make an alternative for a few bucks. I do like that mod.

#11430 7 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

If you can offer a similar look for cheaper, do it. The scene would appreciate it.

I think mine was around $10 to make. The lexan is fairly cheap, and I used a sheet thin enough to cut with kitchen shears. The Flynn’s arcade sticker was a couple bucks from Redbubble I think. Then an LED strip from Comet and a connection to 6.3v power. I have lit flipper buttons, so I used a splitter.

1 week later
#11434 7 months ago
Quoted from LittlePinner:

Hi everyone!
I am happy to say that I am now a praud owner of a TRON Pro! I have been searching for years and finaly found one. I have a couple of questions about the machine and some mods and upgrades.
1. What would be the best way to get maximum out of the sound? What speakers should I upgrade to?
2. I have order the Cliff `s Lab protectors, is there anything else I should think about for protecting the machine?
3. The Mods I am thinking of getting is the Arcade from Pin_Fandango, FLYNN sign and Pinvision.
Is there any Mods that you guys think is worth getting?

Congratulations on your Tron pro! I love mine. I traded a MET pro for mine years ago. For sound, I highly recommend an external powered sub under the cab, like a Polk audio subwoofer. It adds so much depth and bass. Pretty easy to install too. For protecting it, the Cliffy arcade scoop protector is key. It covers any wear there and prevents more. The mods I like best are the arcade mod with the lcd screen. It plays the Tron arcade attract modes. I think a Pinsider was making more of these recently. I have an extra one, but it sometimes comes on and sometimes doesn’t. I replaced it but haven’t figured out the issue. Loose connection or something. I really like the art blades from Retro Refurbs on this title, but mirror blades look fantastic too. Enjoy your pin!

IMG_6382 (resized).jpegIMG_6382 (resized).jpeg
#11444 7 months ago

I have an extra one too. I just can’t find the remote control to change the colors, so it’s always cool white when lit.

2 months later
#11525 5 months ago

A couple years ago I asked if Tron pro utilized the “special” inserts in the outlanes, and how to qualify it. Nobody replied, and I never ever seemed to light special. So I finally lit special, it was a mystery award at the arcade scoop. I get lots of awards there, and I never noticed it awarded before. Do other people commonly get the special award? Glad to see at least it’s coded! I’ve had my Tron 4 years and have only lit special once!

#11527 5 months ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

I think I've only seen mine lit once in 2 years on my LE. It's in the standard adjustments to change the percentage chance, and like you I see it as an award in the arcade scoop, but it is extremely rare. I wasn't able to collect it so I have no idea what it does.

Yep, I think I set the special % as high as possible when I got mine. I assume you can set the special award to extra ball, points, etc., like on Bally/WMS, but I can’t be sure. I didn’t collect the special award either. It’s the only time I’ve seen it lit in 5 years. Crazy.

#11530 5 months ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

I have never seen a special award in the arcade scoop once. I currently own my tron for about 6 months but the rarity of it must be insane then, been playing it quite regularly too but had no clue.

Very rare. I’ve had my Tron since summer 2018. I don’t put a huge number of plays on mine, maybe a few hundred plays, but that scoop gets hit several times a game. I was very surprised to see it awarded and lit.

2 weeks later
#11549 4 months ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

8years.
8. Long. Years.
Finally made it to Portal.
Throughout that time Light Cycle Multi-ball has been my nemesis. Still is… (see pic)
[quoted image]

Congrats! I’m 5 years in, and I haven’t hit Portal yet. Once I was only a ZUSE target away, another I was painfully only missing disc mb, which I usually try to complete early. I need to put some plays on mine and get there!

2 weeks later
#11555 3 months ago

Aaahhhh just light cycles this time! I’m always one mode away from Portal. Damn you, Cluuuuuuuu!!!!

IMG_7329 (resized).jpegIMG_7329 (resized).jpeg
#11558 3 months ago

Lol. This is my third time down to one mode, and all three times I was only 1-2 shots away from finishing. Grrrr. Congrats to you reaching Portal. I’m going to devote some plays to it and get there soon. Maybe.

4 weeks later
#11566 88 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Back in the club for a 3rd time. Not typical but Tron keeps drawing me back in. This one is loaded! Picking her up next Saturday. Thanks GorillaBiscuits for finally parting with her!

Nice. Sweet apron!

1 month later
#11602 54 days ago
Quoted from bjorg:

A while back someone posted a custom version of the firmware with more Daft Punk music. It's really good, but I have no idea where that post is now. Highly recommended to find it though (assuming the custom file is still available).

You can also check with Scott Danesi (TheNoTrashCougar). I think he was considering putting together a custom Daft Punk sound package for Tron. He may have done it, if my memory serves. Might be worth a PM. Anyone with a TNA knows what Scott can do with music.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=Pinkitten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.