IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Keebler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 10 years ago

That white Tron is sweet!

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Just to clear up my question, I was asking if Tron's could still be had via distributor or if they were all sold out.

I'm pretty sure they are all sold out. There might be a few distributors that still have them, but that's because they are asking ridiculous prices for them. I think you'd be lucky to find one at $5500 (shipped) now

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive been loving addin a few more minor mods to mine Pinbit pop bumps!

I'm a big fan of the pop bumper kit. Have you considered the pinbits plastic protectors? They are a nice improvement too.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I got everything pinbits offered for Tron.

Yeah, same here. How did you mount the recognizer plastic protector, above or below the original plastic? I mounted mine below, but it was a little tricky.

#152 10 years ago

I guess I have the dress kit not the plastic protectors, sorry. The only difference is the dress kit comes neon orange and reacts cool to light.

The dress kit is still a plastic protector kit. Here is mine with all of them installed, including the ramp plastics. I also have the recoginizer mod with the down lights, I don't think it makes the plastic look bad. Sorry the pictures aren't that great, couldn't get the lighting right.

tron-1.jpgtron-1.jpg
tron-2.jpgtron-2.jpg
tron-3.jpgtron-3.jpg

#156 10 years ago

Does anyone know where to find the prototype ramp plastics shown in the following video? I would love to get a set of them. I have only seen them here though so maybe it's a long shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zJ9t5Wqc2yw

#159 10 years ago

Nice, I will try to track him down and give it a shot, thanks for the info! Those plastic protectors are pretty sweet too, but I really like the ones I have.

#160 10 years ago

I didn't like the "ZEN" plastic on mine because I wanted one side to be blue and one side to be orange. I should have asked for that one in blue but I didn't think about it. So I just left it off.

I see your point with that, didn't think about that before. I am definitely going for an orange side / blue side theme, so I might see if I can get one in blue.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

yeah, i should probably switch out my left side protectors. they are supposed to be more of a yellow/orange color.... mine look more of a light green under the black light.

A little bit maybe, but it still looks good to me.

#164 10 years ago

When you place your order you have the option to choose blue or orange for the Zen plastic, if you don't make a choice they send orange. I'm sure if I ship it back they will replace it with a blue one, but you get to a point where too much really is TOO MUCH.

I just emailed them to see if I could buy a blue one. I don't think the "too much" thing applies to Tron!

#166 10 years ago

I've had it for a couple months now and it has come off and on a few times since then, so I'm sure it has some minor scratches, not to mention I like having options

#169 10 years ago

Looks like you're right, thanks

#170 10 years ago

Quick update on the prototype plastics...

I was able to contact prOk (Brian) from the info provided by ENDOFLINE and hAbO, thanks a ton guys Turns out he was able to find the laser files he was going to use for the production version of these, that he never actually made I guess. Anyways, he cut some sets of them today and put them on his website. I believe I just bought the last set, but he might be able to make more if any one is interested. Brian is a super nice guy btw.

http://www.gamestencils.com/index.php?crn=224&rn=599&action=show_detail

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

darnit ..... I totally missed these.... hoping brain makes some more (fingers crossed).

Sorry man, I should have PM'd you

#179 10 years ago

If Brian doesn't make any more, I will send you the extra set I picked up as a backup (in case he never made them again). Afterall, you helped me track them down in the first place.

#183 10 years ago

I picked up a set! Thanks Keebler !

Right on, glad someone else on this thread did!

#185 10 years ago

post up a pic of your tron pin

I posted a few above, and the following one in some other threads... but I want to finish it before I take overall pictures of it. I'm still waiting on my blue side mirrors and blue DMD, and I need to get my parts in for powder coating.

tron.jpgtron.jpg

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

nice dude... i'm digging the blue t-molding.

Thanks, I'm gonna try to powder coat everything except the apron to match it.

#191 10 years ago

I'm waiting for Eli to finish his production units of the ramp wire kits so I can get one.

Yeah, I can't wait to get one either. That will be the icing on the cake!

#194 10 years ago

Got my plastics today, they are sweet! They give the ramps a more exciting feel IMO tron-plastics.jpgtron-plastics.jpg

#197 10 years ago

Are you talking about the prototype ramp plastics? I got a yellow one and a blue one, the yellow doesn't quite match the yellow pinbits plastics I have over the inlanes and clu ramp, but it's not too bad.

#198 10 years ago

Do you have the guys email or contact info? I left the note about the blue and orange colours in the memo section of the ordering form. But I'd like to email him to make sure I get a blue and orange one.

Sent you a PM.

#200 10 years ago

It's blue, it's just a clear blue. It's pretty much the same blue as the pinbits plastic for the right inlane. Looks much more blue with the game off.

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Just got mine today too. They kind of obscure the view of the C and U inserts of CLU. Jury is still undecided whether I will keep them on there. Nice thing is this mod is pretty inexpensive so no banks were broken.

Yeah a little bit, but I think I can get used to that. You can still see them if you need to.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Not a bad score for my first game of the day, did I tell you guys I love this game?

Nice, I'm jealous, this game is still kicking my ass really bad. I need to spend less time modding it and more time playing it I guess

Hey kind of random, but didn't you change your lockdown bar to the old style? If so, do you remember what parts you bought? I read something about the parts from PBL not working for Tron, just want to make sure before I buy.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The standard lockdown bar and receiver from PBL fit perfect in mine, Stern needs to take those latch style and throw them all in the trash.

Awesome, thanks man, I agree!

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Just added the ramp plastics. I like them.

Yeah, I like them a lot too, my only issue was the yellow plastic not matching the pinbits plastic protector below it very well, but when the machine is on it's not that noticeable.

#227 10 years ago

Definitely the light cycles, and Flynn's sign, and you might want to consider flipper toppers.

#228 10 years ago

No dolls though.
Don't like the look of little dolls sprinkled around the play field.

I prefer to call them "action figures"

And I personally like them, I just added some more last night actually.

#232 10 years ago

I don't know but I don't like that Flynn sign. Looks out of place to me. Flipper toppers? Who has those?
pappy

http://head-shots.ca/index_files/Page12687.htm

They look great on black flipper bats with blue or orange rubbers.

I guess the Flynn's sign isn't for everyone, I like it.

#236 10 years ago

Target decals and stainless steel coin door decal.

I found the target decals to be really cheaply made, mine were hammered looking after a couple weeks. I took them off the Zuse targets and I'm going to be replacing the ones on the recognizer soon.

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i really like the BLUE start button that pbl is now selling. looks waaaay better than the ol' standard green start button.

Yeah, I agree. That was one of the first things I did, I added the tournament button below it as well.

#239 10 years ago

I agree. they are cheaply made. But for the week or two they look good, they are pretty cool.

Haha

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I take it you saw my DMD glare guard blocker with the Encom sticker on it, I love that mod!

Where did you get that sticker from?

#246 10 years ago

Ok cool, but it wouldn't really work anywhere other than the glare guard if it's that big, and I wouldn't want to copy you. Maybe I'll pick up the Flynn Lives one and put it on one line instead of two. The glare guard is really plain as is.

#247 10 years ago

Those flipper mods look cool. I think I'll try them. Thanks man.
pappy

No problem. I have two blues and a yellow one on mine, I love them.

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I dont mind, you can even put suck it AC/DC as your custom message, haha!

Haha, yeah, that's a great mod by itself!

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wonder how they would look on the legs? Maybe I will try it out and take a pic for you's guys.

I gotta see that

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What do ya'll think?

Hmm, it actually looks better than I thought it would

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

You have all those mods but no star posts???!

Nice, I know what my next mod will be, after I put encom decals all over the legs

Looks like you have clear washers too? I just ordered those a couple days ago, I hated the shadows from the metal ones.

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I kinda like it as well, just ordered another pair so I can decal the other leg and have a spare.

Yeah, I'm gonna try it, my machine is already over the top, might as well keep going. I'll probably get black ones though, I think that will look better on the blue powder I'm gonna get, it will be more subtle.

#285 10 years ago

I got my blue DMD installed today... Wow, what a difference! I ended up going with the one from Stern, it is really bright and crisp, I would definitely recommend it. It's hard to take good pictures of it.

blue-dmd.jpgblue-dmd.jpg

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who sells the Blue Stern DMD?

You can get them directly from Stern, or from Marco, which is where I got mine...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6811-00

#303 10 years ago

Not my high score a fellow pinballer in Canada. Heres the thread:
http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13358

Wow, that is a little discouraging, I would be happy with a quarter of that!

#318 10 years ago

You already got your other encom decals? That was fast, mine haven't gotten here yet. They look really good IMO.

#320 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thanks, I messaged the guy when I bought them and showed him some pics of what I was doing with them. I got one more small one coming for the coin door so thats it, Ill have 5 encom emblems on it then, I think I have the record?

It's weird because I ordered them the same day you did and he's on the west coast. 5? Where would the fifth one be? That's a lot of encom decals

#322 10 years ago

Oh yeah, forgot about the apron! The placement and size of them makes it work I think.

#338 10 years ago

I got my encom decals on Saturday but haven't put them on yet. I didn't realize they were one piece decals with clear vinyl. I would definitely prefer if each letter was separate.

#340 10 years ago

Yeah, that's a good point, but I would rather have them be a little off than have the clear I think. Thanks for the tip man, I'm gonna check them out again in a little bit

#341 10 years ago

Ok so I just went ahead and looked now, I should have realized the clear was the transfer layer

Thanks again, I'm good now I think!

#344 10 years ago

Be careful, he sent mine on clear vinyl as well and when I tried to transfer it to my Tron the clear vinyl was too sticky and all the "Pinball Division" letters stayed on the clear vinyl and didn't transfer!

That sucks! Thanks for the heads up, I will be careful for sure

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I didnt realize it either until TrilogyBeer pointed it out to me, yes the clear layer has good stick to it, I found pulling it extremely horizontally with the surface you are applying to worked well, still got a little lift but nothing major
edit-horizontal/parallel, did that paint a proper picture? My brain is going, tired from work today.

Yeah, that makes sense, I'll give that a shot.

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

just wanted to say "muchas gracias" to centerflank for hooking me up with his set of ramp protectors! super fast shipping, got them installed over the weekend and lovin them. thanks again brother.

Right on, I'm glad you got a set I'm getting some minor adjustments made to mine to make them right for my machine, but overall I love them.

#351 10 years ago

So I ended up having to copy you centerflank... my "Flynn Lives" plan didn't work out, the two words weren't the same height so they didn't work side by side. So Encom it is! tron-glare-guard.jpgtron-glare-guard.jpg

#353 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Encom Nation has begun!

Hehe, I'm loving this mod, it looks really good

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know what it would take to hook up an external sub along with the flipper fidelity sub in the cabinet?

#355 10 years ago

Yeah, the reflection is awesome, I think that's the best part

Sounds like that setup might probably work, the flipper fidelity sub is not that different...

http://www.flipperfidelity.com/pdf/Flipper%20Fidelity%20Stern%20Complete%20installation%20instructions%2007052012.pdf

You can see the connectors in the bottom pic.

I'll have to research it more, it would definitely be nice to add more low end to this machine.

#359 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

thanks dude.... i'm kinda on the fence with the ramp deals... but for now they are staying!
minor adjustments you say??

I'm getting them remade with different material to better match my machine, they are too different from the pinbits plastics directly below them. The new ones should match perfect

#361 10 years ago

Can you pass on the love and get him to make more that match the pin bits protectors? I will buy another set for sure!

I can definitely let him know there is interest in these altered versions. I had to track down the matching material and send it to him, which was only enough for a few plastics. Maybe if the demand is there he might make another run with similar material, I don't know.

#363 10 years ago

Cool, thanks for the effort. If he does make more I'm sure centerflank will be in for one.

No problem Yeah centerflank might want to try them again, the material I found looked almost identical to the pinbits yellow, which looks great with the orange LEDs I have. I compared the material with the pinbits plastic still on the machine though, so you never know, but it's really close even if it's not exact.

I talked to him btw, he is totally willing to make these altered versions if people would like him to. I will let him know where I got the material. Brian is an awesome guy to deal with.

#365 10 years ago

Awesome. You da man. Just under centerflank of course.

Hehe, that's fine, I can live with that

#368 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well, I just ordered the light up tron discs for the speakers and a set for Hulk...I also want to add a shaker to my LOTR finally. Just need to grab some EL paper for those hinges I have and thats it for a while.
Running out of play $, gonna have to skip the plastics unfortunately. Gotta start saving for my next pin too! Ill give you a hint what Im thinking.....

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, I'm just about done with Tron. Not by choice, but for the simple fact that I've run out of things to do to it. I installed my mirrors today, next is powder coating, another custom shooter rod (being made), and then Eli's mod. I'll be saving up for another pin here shortly too. I'm leaning toward X-Men, I love that machine! I've never played SM, I might have to try that and IM before I decide.

#369 10 years ago

Where do you get the light up speaker panels?

http://www.pinballtoppers.com

#371 10 years ago

Right on, yeah I just recently got into X-Men, I played it several times before and didn't like it.

I had the blue mirror blades pre-ordered for Tron, but after 2 months of waiting I cancelled and got the regular ones.

Those cabinet decals are sweet!

#399 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I love TRON just a little more today.

Yeah, I was really happy with the speaker lights and inserts too, they look great.

#401 10 years ago

Sent all my armor off for powder coating today, no Tron for a couple weeks tron-jacked-up.jpgtron-jacked-up.jpg

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thats dedication, if I ever do decide to swap hardware, Id just buy all raw metal set to send out to get powdercoated, a little expensive but at least then you have a spare set if you decide to do other machines(if they are compatible that is).
Too bad you dont have a pin dolly, you could probably put a 2x4 and another piece or two to get the pitch right and keep playing.

I would have done that if I wasn't going to powder coat the coin door, that alone was like $100 and Tron is my only Stern at the moment, so it didn't make sense.

Haha, that would be funny looking up on a dolly with some 2x4's. I'm sure my family would think my pinball addiction had gotten out of control at that point

Edit: It just occurred to me that I could probably play the game without a coin door and hinges, I should just pick up an extra set of legs and a shooter housing.

#405 10 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

and thats what happens when you park your tron in a bad neighborhood

Haha

#408 10 years ago

Man your's will look better than centerflank's when you're done......... Errrrr Ummmmmm.......... I mean ALMOST as good as centerflanks!

Not unless I get a few more encom decals

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Not with that translite

I have the two chicks, I pulled it off, it was too green

Edit: I am very tempted to buy a 3d translite, but I just bought the animated LED kit for my clu translite and it looks really good. The chicks translite does look nice on your machine, just not blue enough for what I'm going for.

#411 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hmm, never thought it was green looking, ill have to check it out later.
Im taking a pinball break today, bought another ps3 as my original had finally burnt out. It came with Gran Turismo 5, been playing the crap out of it!

Compared to the other two, it is a little, I had blue t-molding right next to it though.

Gran Turismo 5 is awesome. I had the steering wheel/pedal setup strapped to a tv tray when I used to play it (in 3d too), it was a blast

#413 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

hey,
is there an LED lighting animation kit i could get and install behind the hot-chicks translight?
if it were too bright, might be some see-thru shirts going on

Here you go... I like the see-thru shirts idea

http://www.flipperfidelity.com/products.php?cat=Animated%20LED%20Backbox%20Light%20Replacement%20Panels&itemId=159

#415 10 years ago

It's just looped, but it's still pretty sweet. I'm sure it looks a lot better in person too, mine definitely does. Michael's work is top notch.

#435 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive never had a cool video game chair/steering wheel set up, someday my friend...

You can accomplish pretty much the same thing with a chair, folding tv tray and some clamps. Probably doesn't look as good, but it works!

#437 10 years ago

I had that cliffy, still do if someone wants it. Tron is a game you have to go with the Mantis protector for. The cliffy stops the ball on slow rolls, not the mantis.

I've never had a ball stop on the scoop cliffy. You might want to try the newest version, it's been improved since the first few versions I think.

#447 10 years ago

I got my modified yellow plastic today, it matches perfectly. Now if only I could play the game, I still have 2 1/2 weeks before my armor comes back

tron-improved-plastic-1.jpgtron-improved-plastic-1.jpg tron-improved-plastic-2.jpgtron-improved-plastic-2.jpg

#450 10 years ago

Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to finishing this thing up, but it will be bittersweet because I've had so much fun modding it

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im just going to sell mine to buy a premium to mod out. Whole new thread!

Haha, ok

Edit: Mine will be for sale right behind yours!

#457 10 years ago

I found matching plastic on my own and sent it to the creator. I think he might make some new ones with similar material but I'm not sure.

#458 10 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Not really sure what happened above with all the post?

Oh well, you got some free karma out of the deal

#460 10 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I got a set from them and did not like the yellow, so I just took them both back off. I will try and get in touch with him again. Thanks

Yeah, the original yellow clashed a bit, especially if you had the yellow pinbits plastic or orange LEDs below it. Brian is a really nice guy, I'm sure he'd be willing to help you out.

#461 10 years ago

Here is a tip for anyone looking to get decals for the recognizer targets, or that do not like the green/blue decals that are most commonly used.

Stern actually made decals for the recognizer targets but they didn't add them to the machine for some reason. These decals are included in the set that PBL has for sale, I had to look really closely to notice them. They are exactly the same as the ZUSE "S" decal but black and orange.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2412

Hopefully this is helpful for others like myself that don't like the alternatives.

tron-recognizer-decals-1.jpgtron-recognizer-decals-1.jpg tron-recognizer-decals-2.jpgtron-recognizer-decals-2.jpg

1 week later
#518 10 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

YOU MUST get the 3.1 arcade mod.
Best mod I have ever seen period.

Yeah it's a great mod, and for an extra $7 you can customize the high scores too, can't ask for much more

#521 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Wish I had know that! Oh well, 7 bucks saved...

Yeah, I had to ask for it, I don't think they advertise it. The high score screen is so infrequent and small though, that you really have to be looking hard to notice it, but it's still a nice touch.

#542 10 years ago

Added these cool thingies on the top of the left & right ball trackamabobs.
Also put the sticker of the line parts on top of the sorta blockin' up and downamobile in front of the spinny thing.

modaddictron

Looks good Was your yellow plastic made from a different material like mine was?

#554 10 years ago

Hey Flank started on the artwork for the custom speaker panel for your Tron. I will use mine as the "guinea pig" first

Sounds interesting, can't wait to see it!

I got my future topper today... going to assemble it later

tron-topper.jpgtron-topper.jpg

#557 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Where the heck did you get *that*?!

ebay, here's a video of one in action, I'm gonna do the base for mine differently though...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/zhhGhVbVYF8?autoplay=1&rel=0

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Cool. I assume that you will tie this into the game somehow so it turns on when the pin is on (no batteries)?

Yeah, I'll probably tie the light cycle into the GI and the base into the flashers.

Edit: I assembled this tonight, it's pretty amazing how detailed it is, it even has a spinning motor. I would definitely recommend it as a topper, or just as a collector's item.

#561 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

moving closer and closer towards EPIC

Either epic or overkill, one of the two

#569 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Where'd you buy these?

You can get the plastics here, which he is now offering in Pinbits colors...

http://www.gamestencils.com/index.php?crn=2&rn=599&action=show_detail

You can get the recognizer decal at the following sites, I recommend pinballdecals.com though unless you want to wait a couple weeks to get it...

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Tron_Page.html
http://www.pinballcustoms.com/shop/tron-recognizer-target-bank

#572 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

dude.... keebler.... that topper looks awesome! lookin forward to seein' what you do with that light cycle. looks like a weiner

Haha, it looks like a weiner or a winner?

tron-light-cycle-1.jpgtron-light-cycle-1.jpg tron-light-cycle-2.jpgtron-light-cycle-2.jpg

#575 10 years ago

I got mine for $360 shipped on ebay. You can probably do better than that if you're patient. I got tired of waiting. This thing is huge btw, it's 16" long.

#578 10 years ago

the left and right plastic pieces are different colors. don't know if there's a different type of material though, other than their color?

I meant different from the material he was using originally, yours looked like it was the same color as the custom one I had him make for me. He has recently started offering them in this new material, so it's quite possible you got one of those. If you look at the following picture you'll see the difference, the original one is on the right.

// Error: Image 121977 not found //

#582 10 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I picked up a bike missing the guy for like $200ish off ebay... also planning on using it as a topper and wiring it into the GI's or flashers or something, not sure yet

Hmm, I wonder if it will look good without Sam Flynn, maybe you can pick him on ebay too.

#583 10 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I got the right one... What's the best way to get a hold of him?

His pinside username is gamestencils, you could send him a PM, or you could contact him through his website... http://www.gamestencils.com

#588 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I like it....think there would be any chance you might tint the face shield? May look a bit sweeter IMO. Still great either way though....my buddies Tron with gifted pinbits plastics from me Hope he gets the arcade mod one of these days....Stern addition look sad

Nice looking Tron! The arcade mod is a must, the original looks like it got run over by a truck before it was assembled. Tinting the face shield might be pretty sweet, but I wouldn't know where to start with that.

#590 10 years ago

Tron is back in business finally, that was a long 3 weeks! I'm really liking the Encom decals on the legs, thanks for the idea centerflank

tron-powder-1.jpgtron-powder-1.jpg tron-powder-2.jpgtron-powder-2.jpg tron-powder-3.jpgtron-powder-3.jpg

#592 10 years ago

^^ D-a-n-g ^^
ok, you win the award.

Lol I appreciate the cupcake!

#594 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

lookin good keebler....
I think I will call this..... TRON LEGACY - THE BLUE PERIOD
also diggin that color changing shooter rod too. what.... no blue color coin mechs??

Thanks! I tried the blue reject buttons but they were too dark, you couldn't see my Flynn's inserts

#600 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Looks amazing and the powder coat colour is awesome, I think matching powder coated trim around the front rim of the back box would enhance the look even further....as your on a roll

Thanks, I appreciate that That was my intention at first, but the powder coat is a metallic blue and really hard to match. So I just went with a textured black t-molding. It actually looks really good in person because I also used black hardware everywhere I could (bolts, locks, leg levelers etc.), but I will be checking out some hobby shops to see if I can find a closely matching paint.

#602 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

would it be easier (not cheaper though) to make/buy a metal or aluminium trim to fit the edge (like the chrome trim on SM et el) then have your powder coater do the same as the other PC'd parts, just an idea.

Hmm, that's not a bad suggestion, I'm not sure where I would find metal trim like that though. The chrome trim on SM and other Sterns is still plastic.

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Where can you buy these? or are they custom only

http://www.gamestencils.com/index.php?crn=2&rn=599&action=show_detail

Make sure you select "Match Pinbits Colors".

#638 10 years ago

A little bit, but you can still see them, it doesn't bother me at all.

Edit: I can take a picture real quick.

#640 10 years ago

This is taken from about the same perspective I have when I'm playing. It actually looks a little more blocked in the picture than in real life though, maybe because it's fixed in one position.

tron-clu-inserts.jpgtron-clu-inserts.jpg

#643 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Cool thanks these look pretty good! thanks for the photo

No problem

You need to make your third upper flipper orange as well. And a blue ZEN plastic.

The upper flipper has a Sam Flynn graphic right next to it with a blue strip going to the right ramp, it definitely needs to be blue IMO I might agree with you as far as the ZEN plastic goes, but I need to try it first and Pinbits hasn't followed up on that yet.

Edit: One thing I do think I need is some flush mounted spotlights on the apron, the flipper area is a little dark.

#646 10 years ago

I would get a LED light strip (blue) and put it in ball return (where the balls drain). It would look WAY better IMO. You can get one here: http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/flipper-illumination-no-solder-led-light-strip-williams-wpcwpc95-games
That one is for a Williams but they have them for new Sterns as well but haven't updated their website yet. Just email them and ask, James and Mark are good people. It lights up the whole area real nice!

That's not a bad idea, I will look into that

#649 10 years ago

Sorry Keebler I'm going to steal your Idea now. I just ordered the front lightstrip and the awesome coloured spotlight bulbs that go with it from pinballbulbs.com. Man it is going to look awesome! I have the front lightstrip in my STTNG and soon my BDK now my Tron, they look wicked.

Hehe, ok, your machine can be the guinea pig Be sure to post pics when it's done!

#659 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

I have all the stern plg n play strips and getting them on the site here shortly. Feel fre to email m, [email protected] if you want to snag one. They come in 8 segments (21 total LEDs) and you can cut it shorter as needed too

Thanks, just emailed you

#680 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think black mirror blades look awesome on Tron. I bought a set to install in my LE a while back. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough room between the sides of the playfield and the cabinet. Alas, my Tron remains mirror bladeless.

I was able to get mine on pretty easily, but it is a tight fit for sure.

Quoted from centerflank:

I thought the standard mirrors were too reflective by pics people showed, I think Ive only seen 1 pick of Black mirrors on pin side and I liked the subtle reflection it offered.

The standard mirrors actually look really good in person, I thought the same thing when I saw them in pictures. I'm sure the black ones will look sweet too, just be super careful, they scratch really easily... especially if you lift the playfield frequently, and they don't buff out for shit. I tried using felt on the sides, but it bunched up and caused more problems. I ended up buying some black poster board and cut out some pieces I can slide over the mirrors each time I lift it up, that has worked perfectly so far.

#683 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I went with the standard mirror blades because I am told that any small scratches on them can be buffed out. But you cannot buff out any scratches on a black mirror blade.

I wasn't able to buff out the scratches on mine very well, the best thing to do is just prevent them as much as possible. I will definitely take more care with the next set I get.

#688 10 years ago

That is a sweet machine!

1 week later
#725 10 years ago

Anyone have a shaker in their Tron Pro? I have a Stern shaker to install and it is either going in Xmen or Tron. Does Tron utilize the shaker well??

I have one in mine, I think it's implemented really well.

#747 10 years ago

This one is for Keebler. I just finished installing my pinballbulbs.com competitors brighten up kit. Below is a before with my own mix of CoinTakers and an after with the kit that has the front light strip to illuminate the flipper area and the back light strip. Look at the difference in the flipper area, that is what you wanted to brighten up.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Nice man, looks really good! I actually ordered a strip from them too, but it had an issue so they are sending me another one. Is yours the blue one they offer? I didn't go with that because it had red LEDs in it.

Also, sorry I didn't reply to your shaker question before, I just saw it tonight. I can't recall all the situations where it shakes, but it is pretty active.

#750 10 years ago

What strip are you talking about, back or front? If it is the front strip they only sell purple I think, purple comes in the kit for the front light strip. The back light strip is blue. The kit also came with 4 pink, yes pink led's for the Clu sling area and it really makes the pinbits plastics POP and also makes the ramp cover plastic match perfectly. Also 4 purple came in it for the area where the TRON stand up targets are and they really make the pinbits plasitics POP too. I was really impressed with how much thought went into the kit.

I was talking about the front strip, and yeah it's purple because it uses blue and red LEDs. I didn't want to have red LEDs in my machine so I ordered a strip of cool whites, it had issues though. They are sending me a new white/blue strip now.

And too late for the shaker I put it in Xmen instead. I will get one for Tron one day but right now I have $9000 tied up in a Star Trek LE.

Wow, 9k, I'm glad I don't live in Canada You'll have to let me know how the shaker performs in your X-Men... I'll probably pick one up in a couple weeks if it's worth it.

#753 10 years ago

It actually goes off a lot in Xmen, it's quite noticeable. I put it in Xmen on rareheros advice and I'm glad I listened! But you have an Xmen LE so yours came with a shaker already.

Nope, mine doesn't have one I bought it NIB too, so it never had one.

#756 10 years ago

Well it is nearly the same price as in the States but then we have to pay 13% sales tax on top of it. Also down there you guys have many distributors so they have to stay competitive. Up here we only have one Stern distributor so they have a Monopoly and can charge whatever they want.

Ok, that makes sense then. Still sucks though.

What the hell??? I would be contacting Stern about that! Stern is pretty good with that stuff, I'm sure they will send you one. I can't believe you didn't complain, you paid a lot for it.

Are you sure the LE came with one? I haven't heard anything about that before. I bought mine from a private seller, not a distributor.

#761 10 years ago

I thought every recent LE came with one, TRON LE did and it came out before Xmen LE and the title after Xmen LE has a shaker so why would they skip Xmen LE only??

I have no idea, but that's weird if the LEs before and after it did.

#762 10 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

My Magneto didn't have a shaker. METLE didn't have a shaker either. Stern must pick and choose which LE's get shakers.
Can one of you provide a link to that flipper light strip? Looks cool.

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/flipper-illumination-no-solder-led-light-strip-stern-whitestar

#766 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Finally they have arrived!!!

Nice! Take your time putting those bad boys in, scratches on those would suck bad.

1 week later
#858 10 years ago

What's "Instruction - GolfWRX" ?

http://www.golfwrx.com/category/instruction/

I used to visit that site frequently, until I got sick of playing horribly and moved on

#865 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Pretty happy with my Spidey, has some minor nicks on the outer cab, play field is nice under the routed grime, right in the middle of shopping it.
Big Thanks to Chris M. http://www.kingpingames.net/

Nice man, congrats!

#898 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am hoping no ramps need to be removed to install the LED's?

No, you won't have to remove the ramps, you can get to the LEDs below them from underneath the playfield.

#900 10 years ago

Has anyone installed blue mirrors on their Tron yet? I am considering getting a set for my X-Men but I can't find pictures of them anywhere.

#905 10 years ago

oh great...
more stuff i gotta go buy

Yeah, that splitter is a must for Tron!

tron-splitter.jpgtron-splitter.jpg

#915 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

damn that's a lotta stuff! Gimme the rundown!

Yeah, I think I have the following running off the splitter...

Flynn's Sign
Lighted Flipper Buttons
Lighted Shooter Rod
Backbox LED Kit
Speaker Light Kit
Recognizer Mod
Zuse Mod
Ball Return LED Strip

I was thinking the arcade mod was, but it looks like that's powered from the backbox.

#943 10 years ago

How do you not have slide rails yet? I hated the posts for the couple hours I had to use them.

1 week later
#1014 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i just wanted to say "sorry" to my tron because i haven't been playing her much lately......
the reason why is that i got a new pin over the weekend in a trade deal. that new pin is a WH20! really lovin the whitewater so far. cabinet has a little wear, but the pf is in nice condition, some of the ramps were replaced too, white rubbers installed, topper is original. it truly is a awesome pin!

Nice man, White Water is a great game! That's a sweet lineup you have

#1019 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

thanks for the props brother.... just wish I had mo' room. can only jam so many cades and pins in a 2 car garage. this wh2o is still nowhere as clean as that minty fresh spidey that was posted on here recently

I hear that! I'm maxed out at 4 in my house right now, it sucks. I haven't decided if I want to put some in my garage yet or not

#1021 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Made a vid of Tron with the clear disc rubber installed to warn you guys that this one is way to sticky and will bash the machine up. Thought i should post here on this topic as well:
» YouTube video

Wow, that's fast! I wouldn't mind playing a couple games like that... on somebody else's machine

#1029 10 years ago

Just got my TRON LE Pinbits plastics protector kit & unwrapped 1st part that was on top in package.
...please tell me this item in the pic is supposed to be 2 parts ??

Nope, it's broken, sorry man.

#1032 10 years ago

I'm sure Pam will replace it for you if you send her an email... she has always been helpful when I've needed something.

#1034 10 years ago
Quoted from kbowmandc:

I hope this helps.

I've had trouble coming up with a good strategy for Tron, I will give this a shot. Thanks!

#1051 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

My plan was to find options and then get to play the two. There's a place about an hour from me that I could go to play them both. If I can get a Tron Pro for a reasonable price, that's the route I'm going to go. But right now, they're mostly sitting around $5k, and I'd like to go a bit less.
Fingers are crossed, because Tron is my dream machine.

I recommend playing an X-Men Pro too, it's a great machine despite what people have said about it in the past.

#1056 10 years ago

Yeah Xmen is the shit. You have to go pro on Xmen though. It's the better choice on that title.

I disagree, the LE just needs a few adjustments (mostly Wolverine related). You can drastically improve the LE by moving Wolverine to the right and bending his arm in towards his chest. I played the hell out of the pro at my local arcade and loved it... but once I got the LE and dialed it in, I couldn't play the pro anymore without missing all the added features and different feel that the LE has. That being said, I think the pro is a great machine, just don't play the LE too much if you're gonna buy one.

wolverine-remount-1.jpgwolverine-remount-1.jpg

1 week later
#1080 10 years ago

I highly recommend getting the following set, for the recognizer decals (orange/black)...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2669

I used them on mine and they look great, and match the Zuse target decals.

#1082 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive had my recognizer decals from pinball decals.com for 800+plays and they look solid still, but those zuse decals in that set you linked is what was on mine NIB, granted I had the last run of Pro's so maybe they had added them at that point?

Yeah, the Zuse decals from that set came on the machine, but they never added the recognizer decals. I'm not sure why because they look great and are consistent with the Zuse decals.

#1084 10 years ago

I just installed my Eli's ramp kit mod and it looks kind of dim to me. I do have a ton of LED's which might drown out the ramp brightness, but I don't think so. Here's a video of mine after install. Do you think it looks dim?? Flip it to full screen 1080p. Oh and it is my 9 year old son playing not me so don't expect spectacular gameplay.
» YouTube video

The video is set to private.

#1087 10 years ago

It looks a little dim at times, but that might be just that the rest of the machine is so bright. It still looks really good. I'm looking forward to getting a set for mine, and hopefully my topper will be finished soon.

#1092 10 years ago

Did you ever get that blue "ZEN" plastic Keebler? I needed one too and Pam from pinbits sent it for free in the box with my ramp mod as a surprise. Those guys rock. You can see the blue "ZEN" plastic in the video.

Yeah I did actually and I like it way better than the orange, thanks for the suggestion!

I agree, Pam is awesome, she sent mine free of charge as well

#1093 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If you would put some freaking invisiglass on it the video would be much better...

This is my next mod I think, it's just a little hard to drop $300 on glass

#1095 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

anytime I hear the words DROP and GLASS in the same sentence I get really scared

Ha! yeah, bad choice of words

2 weeks later
#1169 10 years ago

That's a nice looking pingulp!

1 week later
#1295 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thank You Keebler, he sent me a spare light up recognizer that had some minor issues with it. You are simply the best just like Tina Turner sang about in her mega blockbuster hit.

th.jpeg 9 KB

DSC09695.JPG 185 KB

You're welcome man, looks great on your machine

1 month later
#1456 10 years ago

Blue on Xmen would look weird IMO. Red fits perfectly.

Dude, the blue looks awesome on my Wolverine. I guess you would have to see it in person.

#1490 10 years ago

Installed my new pop caps today... big improvement over the Devo hats imo.

tron-pop-caps.jpgtron-pop-caps.jpg

#1492 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

lookin' good mang .... are those the blacks or chromes?

Thanks man, they're black.

1 week later
#1522 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im sure you guys saw the other thread Jetzxi started...but she is here!

Congrats man! NIB pins are exciting... my STLE should be here in a few days, I can't wait

2 months later
#1873 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Is there consensus on whether to go with the Stern Blue dmd or the color dmd?

I have both and recommend the Color DMD hands down... given the price is the same or close. Being able to change the color or display mode whenever you want is awesome, and you don't get any weird grid lines.

#1878 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Am I a terrible person for considering buying a NIB Tron for $6k?

That seems like an alright price if it's from the last run and includes shipping. I paid $5500 for mine a year ago when they had just stopped producing them.

#1882 10 years ago

A total of 3 hours drive time wouldn't be too bad... but with the cost of gas that would be pretty close to the price of newer Stern premiums shipped to your door.

#1987 10 years ago

Those will work fine if you're going to powder coat them. Whoever powder coats them should strip them down to bare metal first. I bought these for mine and they were perfectly smooth after being powder coated. Not to mention they have the same finish as the stock pro armor, so everything will be consistent.

#1992 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Ok, more mod help. What didn't I buy or am I missing something to install the metal apron and the plastic triangles.
It didn't come with nuts to secure the triangles. Are they supposed to come with the apron/triangles? If not does anyone know the size?

Also, the apron only came with two screws to mount to the hanger brackets. It has slots on the front like b/w's games. Should that have come with it or do I need to order the clips that mount to the playfield that slide in the apron slots?

You need two of these...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2015

I think they come with the screws but I'm not sure.

These nuts should be what you need for the lenses...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3247

I'm going off a previous order, so don't quote me on the nuts.

#2030 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Cool, that's the one I have in my cart. I don't want to not be able to play when my game shows up, but is it worth buying a whole new set of legs and lockdown? I could always sell the old ones after the new ones are on, right? Or do people not buy that kind of stuff?

It's pretty brutal not being able to play the game when the parts are being powder coated or chromed... I've done that three times now, with the average downtime being 3-4 weeks. I now have an extra set lying around so I don't have to do that anymore (unless the game has custom parts like STLE). I would definitely recommend buying and keeping a set around if you plan on doing this more than once

I had to look at this for almost a month, I would never want to do that again!

tron-jacked-up.jpgtron-jacked-up.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Keebler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=Keebler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.