tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6678 7 years ago

FINALLY!

I knew it'd be a good game when I finished LC Multiball on the first ball. Never done that and for me, it's harder than completing Gem.

Only SOS mode I needed to complete were 3 shorts on Identity Disc multiball. 3 shots. Done.

Portal lit. Did not drain, but only scored 3,300,000 in Portal which is

« Spoiler! Click to reveal. 4 ball mulitball. "Complete all shots for super jackpot" »

Big time rush.

IMG_0907 (resized).JPGIMG_0907 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#6779 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Tried my hand at modding my recognizers (yes, I have a spare). One LED points up into the head, two down. They are prototypes at this point but looking not too shabby....

Looking good!

#6781 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Thanks!
I'm debating tossing the second one in if I can find a suitable spot and mounting solution.

Hmm. I wonder where it'd fit? Over pops?

Do you know where I can find the arrow plastics that you place over the end of the ramps? I think there's an orange and yellow one.

Anyone? Buehler?

#6786 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Here ya go, just picked some up a couple weeks ago from here:
http://www.gamestencils.com/pin-parts/tron-ramp-covers

Awesome. What did you order? Did they match the pinbits?

#6787 7 years ago

In other news, Portal today. Only 3rd time I've been but first on the LE. Holy hell it was fun.

Did not beat it.

IMG_2131 (resized).JPGIMG_2131 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#6809 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i will get the panels tody
2 pieces in stock

That is awesome. Does it fit over the panel so it's ok for the LE?

#6810 7 years ago

Made it to portal on a whim today after draining ball 1 immediately at 1,000,000 points. The only reason I kept playing is Light Cycle and CLU were ready.

Wound up completing EVERYTHING and skipped SOS and went right to Portal (awarded 50,000,000 bonus).

Wound up with my GC score but OF COURSE drained after 6,700,000

#6812 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great, I find it hard to continue on with a game if I suck up ball one. Goes to show you never can tell.

Yeah one of the things I like about Tron is you can do that because ball times are short.

On SM and LOTR, if I didn't stack properly on ball one and complete a mode, I'd press START more often than not. But those games take SOOO long to reach the wizard mode you almost have to so you don't waste your time.

1 week later
#6836 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Yo mama so fat, she ride a heavy cycle.
Yo mama got so fat, I didn't even recognizer.

Yo mama so fat, she sat on coal and made Gem.

#6856 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Blade install last night. Dig it!
Note the one shot with only one side installed. Gives you a good before/after comparison.

She looks awesome.

2 weeks later
#6902 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Yup, sounds just like mine, it seems that Jiggling the cable solution has stopped working for me. I don't mind taking it apart but would love to know what I am looking at.

I had to do that to mine and there's really not much to it. Take it apart and then reassemble with some crazy glue.

2 weeks later
#6927 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So last fall I shopped my tron for my wedding and then put titan comp silicone clear bands on with colored flipper bands. Not sure if I'm crazy but the flipper bands feel freaking weird like, they allow big bounces? I still can't place my finger on it.
The post and other bands I don't have an issue with but I may swap my flipper rubber out for black or something.
Do you guys have any opinions?

I personally hate them for the reasons you mentioned. I made it to Portal once using them and I consider it a solid miracle I did.

1 month later
#7029 6 years ago

First one to use pin browser to play these songs wins a prize.

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 5.59.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-07-14 at 5.59.10 PM (resized).png

1 month later
#7147 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys, I just got a shaker motor for my Tron LE. I've never installed one before, seems a little bit overwhelming. It came with instructions, but does someone know of a video out there?
Thanks!
Mo

It's actually very simple. This should help.

1 month later
#7222 6 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Hey Tron lovers - I am bringing a Tron into the house next week and may need to remove the head in order to fit through a doorway. I haven't done this with a S.A.M. machine yet - how difficult is it? Thank you!

GorillaBiscuits should be able to help

#7237 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I bought it from gameroomguys, I just assumed its a Stern, but Im not sure. I think thats the problem because the back of the play field kind of vibrates a lot, the cycles shake a little bit too, I hope its as simple as this. Any other advice you guys can give?

This is going to sound like hearsay, but I remember some people saying the GRG shaker is too violent. Not a Stern.

I have one pin with a Cointaker and it's really violent compared to the shaker in my Tron.

1 week later
#7287 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Does anyone know where to get the lit custom side rails and hinges?

Zdoor from Pinball Refinery. Email him at [email protected].

#7289 6 years ago

Checkout this blast from the past...

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 8.01.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-08 at 8.01.00 AM (resized).png

3 months later
#7485 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The best option all around is to be able to skip SoS and finish everything so you go right to Portal with a massive points bonus... but I've never done that one

I've owned two Tron pins and I managed to do that just once in about a billion games. I lost the first ball quickly but didn't press restart. Then ruled on ball 2.

It was definitely cool (and surprising).

#7490 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Flail around like an idiot losing any and all pinball skills you have built up over the years to this moment, drain.
Portal shouldn't be about the score, but instead completing it. All 24 shots plus the super jackpot. High scoring should have come before Portal in my opinion, combos and end of line. From someone else "the biggest single hit you can get is completing all events before SOS, than get double scoring and start portal. that's 100 million right there."

Yeah I think Portal is as close to an impossible mode as it gets.

3 weeks later
#7532 6 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

The only thing that bothers me is that no matter what mods I add to make my Tron Pro look and play like a LE it will still NEVER have the Daft Punk Multi-ball mode. I wish Stern would put out a USB patch for it. I would even pay Stern for that upgrade. Right? Ugh! God I hate this LE vs Pro crap and I wish it would go away.

I had an LE for months. Never saw the mode.

#7537 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow that's it ? I feel like you would hit that MB each game then?

I believe it’s 8 shots to each ramp. So 16.

#7546 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I need to put this to rest. I’m going to put a video up today of banking gem plenty off the drops.

It can be done. It's not too tough. Some have an issue with the Gem shot but both Trons I had were solid.

It's one of the coolest shots in pinball. And sometimes you need to nudge as you hit it or risk a center drain. Then, it's a bitch.

#7552 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Did we ever decide if plunging Gem was legit or cheese?

Semi-soft cheese.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=Guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.