tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6582 7 years ago

Joined the club! First things first, alter the mood boys. Link to my tron pinball browser video.

First was changing Flynn,  clu and gem music to the original with a twist. I then changed the clu rollover sounds to light cycle sounds. I couldn't believe there is essentially no speech for jackpot, super jackpot etc that's why I like afm and fish tales, the super jackpot speech is awesome. So created The System voice for super jackpot call outs instead of crazy weak fx noises. The combo shots (6 in total) all had fx sounds, changed to the System speech for combo 1, combo 2-5, the last combo 6 is Kevin Flynn speech. I like this as it reminds me of stern star trek looping the ramp combo. Kevin Flynn voices for high score call outs added.

Ummm what else.....Probably heaps I missed. About 20 hours so far and much more remains. I know people share the dubstep version but I wanted more original. Will concentrate on mainly fx sounds from here, I've been using the movie converted to mp3 to obtain the new fx and speech.

#6584 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That sounds great, maybe good to post it in this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-there-are-now-3-music-remixes-poll#post-3309124
Are you willing to share your version?

Thanks mate. Cheers for the link, was only aware of the dubstep version. Interesting to listen to people's takes on it. Happy to share but can't say I know how as of yet. Only started playing with pinball browser earlier this week and just received tron today. Now that I can listen to the game much easier (previously just using youtube) I can make much more educated changes.

I'm going to concentrate on more speech replacement like my combo and jackpot sounds.

#6587 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

I'm sorry, but Thiel's Gem music is the best of the whole game.

No need to be sorry. To each their own. I've now finished and happy with the results, changed LC multi and Portal music, plus a bunch of added speech and call outs from the LE version.

1 week later
#6614 7 years ago

Tron pinball remix finished (for now)

Here's my take on what I'm happy with remix wise. Different strokes for different folks.

0:00 - 0:35 Flynn (new song and Clu rollover targets)
0:35 - 0:56 Clu (new song)
0:56 - 1:25 Gem (new song and jackpot speech)
1:25 - 1:57 light cycle (new song)
1:57 - 2:22 quorra (same song added super jackpot speech)
2:22 - 2:45 combination speech added for 1-5 and then Clu speech added for combination 6
2:45 - 3:46 Disc wars multiball (new songs for start and restart)
3:46 - 4:44 Portal multiball (original 1982 tron, journey separate ways)
4:44 - 4:53 High Score (speech added)
4:53 - 5:15 DMD limited edition text added, match event and game over music changed.

#6615 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Will you share?

Sorry didn't realise people replied to my video. No probs sharing, sharing is caring. New video uploaded. Complete for now

Quoted from webdiddy:Nice work, I made the dubstep remix, but I would really love to incorporate your jackpot and combo sounds into my mix, obviously you will be credited.

Yea mate no worries, looks like many really like your version.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Excited to possibly check this out, I've got an LE, might you put out a version for each? I would be super appreciative

Don't see why not. Guess it's just opening the LE bin and then changing the tracks to what's already created. It's interesting looking at the LE bin as it has less sounds and size than the pro.

3 months later
#6774 7 years ago

Just accomplished my new personal best 230,000,000.

The misses was out, she took the dog, it was time to crank the volume and smash some Tron. Sea of simulation with only light cycle to complete. Portal started and it got intense, smashing each shot completing the string to add an extra ball. Had them all complete (even gem) apart from one last right orbit.

What a great bloody game....Flynn lives!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6776 7 years ago

#6795 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Tron down awaiting powder coating

What color are you doing it?

#6799 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

High gloss ultra hot pink
Colour to be shown once compete

It's always good to separate yourself from the crowd but ummmmmm

Will stay tuned and await the reveal.

1 week later
2 weeks later
#6862 7 years ago

Nice work, looks completely modded and ready for play

#6866 6 years ago

Any fellow users have any advice on buying 3d translite? a few on Fleabay that look worse for wear. I see a pinside member has sold a few and has another listed at $250. comments...... fair price, other sellers anyone can recommend?

#6868 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I bought from the pinside seller, he is a good dude and I received a perfect one, they used to be 300+, priced dropped a little, but they are pretty cool, I have the third run Tron so now I have all 3 trans.

Cool thanks mate, just waiting on shipping costs.

#6873 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

New to the club and having trouble with outlane drains from the right ramp drop where it just goes up and out. Without reading all the posts hope someone can recommend something. I tried shifting the ramp angle with no success. I don't have the machine in its final spot nor leveled so may be the issue.

+1 for level

If my right ramp rejects the ball it will come back to upper flipper or bank targets.

#6876 6 years ago

Oh that sounds more like it. I couldn't for the life of me work out how the right ramp would drain. I have the CLIFFY switch protectors installed so havnt had the problem, not sure if they help but don't have the same problem.

#6879 6 years ago

this is my guess. hits the left ramp, ball comes back to right inlane, drops and bounces or spins over to the outlane?

054 (resized).jpg054 (resized).jpg

#6884 6 years ago

How wild, this wild?

#6886 6 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Realistically​, what are unmodded pros selling for right now? Are they surpassing LOTR?

Might be hard to fine one that's not modded. I have no idea on pricing, just what pinside lists.
Pinside pricing average:
Lotr $4990-$5810
Tron (pro) $5,830-$6,770
In New Zealand I've only seen one Tron come up for sale so I bought it! I've seen many LOTR over the years for sale in the NZ market.

#6889 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i wonder if that's pronounced tee-ron ?

Whatever it is I'm staying well clear

#6892 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

We've just added this alternative set of Tron cabinet decals to our line up. They're available from here http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/tron-legacy-alternate-hd-pinball-cabinet-decals/

Hi, do you sell the headbox decals separately?

#6894 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Hold on now, you replaced Gem on the right side bbox. Grrrrrr.

Your avatar will not be impressed

I kinda like it because I have the Clu edition, wouldn't be bad to have him on the cabinet.

2 weeks later
#6918 6 years ago

New Tron Remix, makes for a nice change and easy to go back and forth between files. Got a Jimi hendrix one I've been working on for weeks, songs, call outs and DMD. Will publish once finished.

3 weeks later
#6989 6 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

yet, tons of pinsiders like to "BLUE BOMB" the hell out of their machines and it just seems a little over board on the blue (for my tastes).

To each their own. I personaly like the "blue bomb" as it fits the Tron Legacy atmosphere perfectly.

In the classic those suits just popped "Blue Bomb"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=Grg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.