tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GorillaBiscuits.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6694 7 years ago

Finally in the club

Looks like I just need to put a chrome shooter rod in, slap on some clear rubber... and I'll be good to go!

The wait for delivery may literally kill me. Will check back in a few weeks when she gets here, which is about how long it should take me to read this entire thread.

Anyways, HI

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG
4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG
5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#6713 7 years ago

Still waiting on mine to be delivered. I'll be ready for her!

IMG_4403 (resized).JPGIMG_4403 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#6719 7 years ago

nosro sweet! I actually already started messing with some of the alt sound files on pin browser from that author, but will defenitely keep what's on there for a while to try and beat the scores... cheers! Should have it set up in the next week.

It has an ungodly amount of mods on it, was that all your doing?

So happy about Herg's topper/speaker board being included... I'm truly elated haha.

I'll take REAL good care of her, take care!!!

#6721 7 years ago

nosro whoah haha, respect! Some of my fondest memories from when I first moved to NYC involve seeing Daft Punk at Twilo. Really loving all the options you set up. Thanks for all your work looping and EQ'ing all this stuff!

Roger that on leaving my mark. I picked up a chrome rod and housing, and all clear rubbers and recognizer disc. I don't think there's anything left after that!

#6725 7 years ago

Mine has a color DMD. It's LCD, will probably swap out with the LED in my TOM. Here's the list of where it stands after the last guy got his hands on it. Aside from a chrome shooter rod and clear silicone rubbers am I missing anything?

Hooked on Pinball:

1. Lighted Light cycles
2. Chrome Pop Caps
3. Caster Zuse with El wire cane
4. Gem Figure
5. Clu Figure
6. Light up Recognizer
7. Game Interactive Chrome Apron

Lasseriffic:
1. Game Interactive Topper - tied to game ramps and speaker lights

LED-OCD:
1. Led-ocd board
2. Light board that ties topper and speaker lights into EL wire ramps

Pinbits:
1. Game Interactive EL Lighted Ramps
2. Colored plastic protectors

Misc upgrades:
1. Chrome armor with Lollipops side rails
2. Lighted Flynn Sign
3. Arcade mod 2.1
4. Color DMD
5. Game Interactive Speaker Light Kit
6. Speaker Emblems
7. 3D Translite
8. LED's through out the machine
9. Cointaker Red Tremer Shaker Motor
10. Game Interactive Under Cabinet Flasher Kit
11. Pingraffix Mirror Blade Skins Panels

2 weeks later
#6735 7 years ago

Brought her home last week. Couldn't be happier. I replaced the disc with a new one, and swapped out the black rubber with clear. No more black marks and the recognizer is seriously fast now. I have 75 feet of LED strips covering the perimeter of my walls... tomorrow I'll be tying them into my custom light board, so the entire room will be in sync with the el ramps. Good times!

IMG_4541.JPGIMG_4541.JPG

#6737 7 years ago

Hah. Maybe. OK Yes

Bad idea? Any ideas for a workaround?

They are in 25 foot strips... would 25 feet also be a terrible idea?

Not sure how to monitor temps, but considering your board is retired I want to be super careful.

#6742 7 years ago

nosro that is a beastly score! No way I'm removing that. I'll have to cash in some serious end of line combos, wow.

herg the amplifier sounds like a good idea. Where in the chain of things would these go? Definitely between each string of lights, so for three strings that would be two... what if I only use one string, would i still sneak this in somewhere?

Thanks!

#6744 7 years ago

Herg, you are seriously the best. If you're ever in NYC there's a pizza, beer of your choice, and 8 games ready to rock out on. Just hit me up. Video will be incoming over the next week or so

1 week later
#6762 7 years ago

I've tried a blue Xpin, color LED, and color LCD. My personal favorite is the color LCD, specifically because I dig the look of squares vs. dots to have a more 8-bit feel. They all look fantastic and are a huge improvement over the stock display.

2 weeks later
#6784 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Do you know where I can find the arrow plastics that you place over the end of the ramps? I think there's an orange and yellow one.

Here ya go, just picked some up a couple weeks ago from here:

http://www.gamestencils.com/pin-parts/tron-ramp-covers

#6788 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Awesome. What did you order? Did they match the pinbits?

I got the only one they had in stock, whatever it was looked close enough and for twelve bucks I was super stoked! Not even sure what protectors came on my slings but looks great. Congrats on portal! My game came with a GC of 240 million, and it reads "daddy". It taunts me mercilessly

1 month later
#6900 6 years ago

Also in the black screen club. Jiggling the cables going into the unit usually fixes it, did not consider the extension cables. Hope that helps, as the cabinet itself looks pretty hard to take apart with all the hot glue. Thanks for the info!

1 month later
#6981 6 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

Finally joined the club. My black disc needs replaced. Tried to order a clear one from pinball center but found out they no longer ship to USA.

I'd reach out to pinball life. I picked up a few about a month ago, presume they should get more in stock eventually. In the meantime they do have black ones.

#6983 6 years ago

Killer. I did the same, it sticks so much better to the new hub and you'll get hours of your life back not scraping off old glue.

4 weeks later
#7011 6 years ago

NOBODY in this thread is going to tell you to save it haha. Let me be the first to say congrats, and hurry up and post some unboxing pictures already!

1 month later
#7137 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Theres a lot of fluff in those 143 pages

OK, here's a list of what's in my machine... start with the El Ramps and Arcade mod and slowly work your way through the list until your savings account runs out

LED-OCD:
1. Led-ocd board
2. Light board that ties topper and speaker lights into EL wire ramps

Pinbits:
1. Game Interactive EL Lighted Ramps
2. Colored plastic protectors

Misc upgrades:
1. Chrome armor with Lollipops side rails
2. Lighted Flynn Sign
3. Arcade mod
4. Color DMD
5. Game Interactive Speaker Light Kit
6. Speaker Emblems
7. 3D Translite
8. Clu translite
9. Girls Translite
10. LED's through out the machine
11. Cointaker Red Tremer Shaker Motor
12. Game Interactive Under Cabinet Flasher Kit
13. Pingraffix Mirror Blade Skins Panels
14. External Sub
15. Orange/Blue Illuminated flipper buttons
16. Chrome shooter rod

Hooked on Pinball:
1. Lighted Light cycles
2. Chrome Pop Caps
3. Caster Zuse with El wire cane
4. Gem Figure
5. Clu Figure
6. Light up Recognizer
7. Game Interactive Chrome Apron

Laseriffic
1 Game Interactive Topper - tied to game ramps and speaker lights

file-2 (resized).jpegfile-2 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#7223 6 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Hey Tron lovers - I am bringing a Tron into the house next week and may need to remove the head in order to fit through a doorway. I haven't done this with a S.A.M. machine yet - how difficult is it? Thank you!

I do this for every game. It’s not bad on a Sam compared to a WPC... those SUCK ha.

Just take a few pictures, or if you have the time label each connector on the side with a fine sharpy as you pull them off. Be mindful that not everything needs to be removed!

One other thing to consider is you can twist the head a bit if you have a straight shot (no stairs) and have a buddy to help. Plenty of slack in the harness!

Welcome to the grid

3 months later
#7419 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Lol do you not want to remove your glass?

Quoted from weaverj:

please measure the spacers in front of the left pop. mine are missing.

2 weeks later
#7442 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So i'm going back and forth thinking of rejoining.

If you can find a loaded one for a fair price go for it! The real inflation with Tron comes from the mods, which add up real fast. Arcade is $300, another $300 for Eli's kit which is also a real POA to install, color DMD, oh and don't forget the shaker and chrome trim... there's so many more too haha. Lit cycles, Flynn's sign etc... the hit would be more in line with AC/DC than IM.

On the other side of the coin, tons of great stuff to choose from now, it's a buyer's market. Can't see Tron values going any higher, so waiting wouldn't hurt. This Week in Pinball recently posted a rumor of Tron VE with LCD screen but 24 months away at least. My vote is grab a TNA

#7444 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LCD screen? Damn. 24 months? Damn. Way to Long to wait. TNA is one I've thought about but I'm a single player guy not a lot of people I know play Pinball and think it would get boring. I might have to go for Tron chromed out. Looks sick. But is it worth a WoZ RR trade.

Oh man, not sure it’s worth trading Woz for! I don’t have a single pinball friend, I’ll check back in the Spring when I get my TNA

#7445 6 years ago

Here’s mine. It’s a tough call, a loaded one is pretty bad ass!

03894A1A-69A0-4D9C-80FF-E81611132FA2 (resized).jpeg03894A1A-69A0-4D9C-80FF-E81611132FA2 (resized).jpeg

#7447 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

is that chromed out too? If so, that's EXACTLY what I want to get. Let's make a trade

Would love a Woz someday but don’t think I’m ready to let her go just yet!

CA5FA6F8-47BD-45A8-B8D4-ACB107B0C37C (resized).jpegCA5FA6F8-47BD-45A8-B8D4-ACB107B0C37C (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#7567 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Also anyone know a good graphics animator?

PM’d ya!

1 month later
#7620 6 years ago

Finally decided to slap one of these clear guys in. Sweet mother of all that’s holy, I know everybody says how fast it is... but man. It’s really really fast!

Highly recommend if you enjoy panic attacks and pants pooping. Presume it’ll eventually settle down a bit?

8DEE8CD4-5CC2-4856-A4C6-16C7EF46070A (resized).jpeg8DEE8CD4-5CC2-4856-A4C6-16C7EF46070A (resized).jpeg

#7624 6 years ago

It's from Germany. I ordered it a long time ago when they still shipped to USA. Sounds like it's time for one of our EU buddies to set up another group buy, I'd love to have a couple backups

#7628 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And don't you love the sound it makes when it rips the ball?? It sounds like it is tearing through the very fabric of the grid.

It's pretty intense! The very first shot ended up shooting straight up and somehow climbed OVER the plastic above it before rolling back down into the right orbit. Others are fairly normal, but every other shot shoots back faster than the whiplash kickback in IM.

Amazing how something so simple changes the dynamic of the entire game. Looking forward to it settling down a bit, but I do love me a good ass whooping so I'm fine with it as is.

There used to be a video but it got taken down, I'll try and hunt down my phone tripod thingie and capture some footage this week.

4 weeks later
#7725 5 years ago

Please put me down for three, cheers!

#7766 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Anybody in the US able to distribute these to save shipping costs?

Great idea. I nominate you, all in favor say aye!

#7768 5 years ago

No worries J85M happy to pay shipping costs directly from you

#7793 5 years ago

Confirmed

#7817 5 years ago

Man, so glad you’re doing the clear disc order... mine just ate it after 20 plays. I used a new plastic to attach it to and thought it would work well with the stock adhesive... NOPE!

Could anybody that’s had success with the 3M spray adhesive please link me to it so I can pick some up?

Ug, bummer I gotta switch back to the black I got really addicted to the speed of the clear haha.

37F527F7-8229-49DC-9D92-49F184E70B6B (resized).jpeg37F527F7-8229-49DC-9D92-49F184E70B6B (resized).jpeg

#7819 5 years ago

Those are odds I can live with, thank you!

#7875 5 years ago

Yeah man, I always extend the courtesy of friends and family to pinsiders. I imagine everybody else here does the same.

1 month later
#8139 5 years ago

Installed 85vett's strip over my flipper fidelity kit today, what a difference! There's literally a million combinations, this is a seriously killer mod. Here's a crappy video, enjoy

1 week later
#8223 5 years ago

For gifs to work you have to upload as original size / no rescaling. Give it a shot!

4B997A3D-2B3E-487C-B10D-B4E8B20F622A.gif4B997A3D-2B3E-487C-B10D-B4E8B20F622A.gif
#8229 5 years ago

Congrats on both the gif and the light strip. Looks great.

1 month later
#8344 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Could you make this available for share?

Would absolutely sacrifice my high scores for this

#8350 5 years ago

+1 for both versions! I love trying new mixes on this game.

4 weeks later
#8473 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Thanks for sharing the file! How similar is this to the 'daft punk' remix version going around a while back (which I currently run on mine). Would be nice to try out a new mix - do you have any quick video to get a feel for it?

It's a comp of various mixes mixed in with the LE callouts. Little bit of everything. It takes like 5 minutes to install and sounds pretty great to me. Just download it and try it out, it's half the fun with these things.

5 months later
#8892 5 years ago

Herg’s board just syncs up the topper, speaker lights etc... with the ramp lights, so they all change together. Definitely don’t think it syncs anything to the music, it’s all switch based.

3 years later
#10734 1 year ago

Kev, I had my previous Tron chromed from here and it came out amazing:

https://pinballplating.com/

Chris is great to deal with too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GorillaBiscuits.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=GorillaBiscuits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.