tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1570 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Holy shit. That thing is tits!

I've always wondered, is the correct grammar "that is tits!" or "that is the tits!"? I always add a "the" for some reason.

#1619 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That was not the most pleasant project swapping the rails and installing the EL paper....but looks pretty sweet!

What was the issue in swapping it? Curious because I am picking up a blue armor set (with EL backlight already installed). Was the swapping of the siderails / hinges an issue, or adding the EL light?

Looks awesome by the way!

1 month later
#1723 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Spidey and TRON side by side so nice! Topper for TRON looks awesome.

Even better if you squeeze a minty Ironman in between...

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1724 10 years ago

Here is my story.

I was certainly late in joining the club. I played a Tron pro on route. No leds, early code, and on quiet. I liked the game, but wasn't a huge fan at the time. Eventually, I was fortunate enough to play an LE at a local pinsider's house. I was blown away. Grew on me quick and I decided I needed one. I was out of room, so one had to go. Was able to work out a trade with another pinsider - his nicely modded Tron pro for my modded TSPP. He had already done a ton of the necessary mods and done a great job (lit recognizer, light cycles that light up when the ramps were hit, leds in inserts, arcade mod, lit flipper buttons, pinbits plastic set, etc). He had also ordered and just received Eli's ramp kit, custom shooter and the pinbits pop bumper set but did not install them, so he threw those into the deal.

Another extremely kind pinsider (purpledrillmonkey) had just installed his Eli kit on his pro, and he was kind enough to come over and put mine on. Took him half the time to do mine as it took to do his due to what he learned. Would have taken me 4 times the time! As you can see, he did an awesome job.

I have also added the pop bumper kit, shooter rod, Zuse mod from Hooked (love it), mirror blades from pinball side mirrors (awesome guys to deal with), changed some leds in the inserts to my tastes (super bright 4-leds in the red arrows, blue disc lights and purples in the Tron target lights to match the color of the Tron modes in Eli's ramp kit), frosted yellow and blue leds behind the playfield (looks great on the light cycles), custom coin cards, and frosted leds in the gi lighting.

This was a third run, so it has the decals on the sides, and it also came with Quorra's car (where the hallmark cycles are now). It was just sitting in the coin box. So I decided to add it to the left side of the playfield as it looked a bit empty on that ramp. Added a metal spacer instead of the screw, cut out a piece of plastic I had laying around, dremeled the edges to be smooth, and screwed the car to the plastic. I really like how that turned out. I'd like to light it up somehow, but it looks great regardless.

Also added a powered external sub for $80 (can run 2 games, so its in essence a $40 mod). WELL worth it for this game. It sounds awesome.

As a stock pro, the game is great. Modded out with Eli's kit and the sub, the game is an absolute assault on the senses. Favourite game for me at the moment - oddly enough along with 2 other Borg games, Xmen and IM.

image-650.jpgimage-650.jpgimage-99.jpgimage-99.jpgimage-35.jpgimage-35.jpgimage-823.jpgimage-823.jpgimage-807.jpgimage-807.jpgimage-149.jpgimage-149.jpgimage-651.jpgimage-651.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1726 10 years ago

Forgot to say that I added the topper from pinheadpuckguy. Love the look of that too with the blue lights lighting it up.

I have his toppers on my Tron, Ironman and Xmen.

#1728 10 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

I have the same topper - it came with my Pro when I bought it. I wasn't sure what to think when I first saw it, since it's my first topper. But it's really grown on me, and I like the extra blue light from above. Really nice!

You have two great games. Both fast and intense. Looked at your wishlist, and if that is your style, I'd for sure recommend IM. Its a fun game that is in the same vein as ST and Tron. If you want some diversity, you certainly cannot go wrong with LOTR. Unmatched depth, outstanding rules and theme integration. Lot longer ball times, but has an epic feel. Just my 2 cents.

2 weeks later
#1756 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just installed a Stern Blue LED display in my Tron Pro and it is even better than I expected. I already knew the color would be more fitting. What I did not know was how much clearer all the animations would look. I can't speak on the Xpin or Vishay alternatives, but I can recommend the Stern Blue display 100%. Perfect shade of blue. Perfect brightness. Definitely install the included blue display film. Best upgrade on my Tron so far.
I remain torn on whether or not to sell my Tron in order to make room for (and fund) MMRLE. Tron is my favorite pin in my current lineup, and as much as I'd love to open a NIB MMRLE in a few months, I just don't know if I can bring myself to part with Tron. I know I would miss it. I wouldn't even consider selling it for any other pin.
Any thoughts?

You have a great collection so far. Depth with LOTR, speed and adrenaline with Tron, slightly classic with BSD.

I too would love a MMR LE. Had one ordered for a bit but decided to pass for now. If it is great I will pick up a regular edition.

If I were in your shoes, I would for sure pass on Predator rather than selling Tron. Predator seems very "meh" from what I have seen so far. Assuming all goes well with MMR, I'd say MMR + Tron > Pred + Tron.

#1759 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Thanks, Apollyon! I went through lots of games in my small space in order to end up with my 3 keepers (BSD, LOTR, Tron). I really wish I had unlimited space and money to keep them all, but don't we all. At this point, any cut to make room would be a very painful cut. Perhaps that means I already own the 3 very best pins for me and no longer need to covet other pins.

You've got that right! I "filled up" at 8 pins. But then I played Tron and coveted that big time. Had to make a decision, and so TSPP went out and Tron came in. So tough to let it go because I liked all my pins for different reasons. But I and very happy with Tron.

My next problem is that I am currently coveting Metallica big time after 1.5 dropped...

1 month later
#2243 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Good idea! Carl's breathing regimen is proven, and if I understand correctly, its patent is pending.
You guys see those new side decals? I like them but I'm torn between those and some mirrors. Or nothing at all
Has anyone met Tronguy? And if so do you think he would be amicable to an apron autograph?
Also last I saw of Brettbutler he was getting trolled in some thread. Lovefest getting stale without the butler

I put the side mirrors on. I have not seen the decals on any game so I cannot compare, but I think the mirrors look amazing on this game. Especially when properly LEDed and with the ramp mods.

#2245 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Mirrors all the way on TRON, I love the black chrome blades I put on mine, standard mirrors look really nice too.

Hey Centerflank, where did you get the ENCOM decal that you have on the DMD glare guard? I've wanted one for a while but not sure from where.

#2247 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

ebay.com link » 2x Tron Encom Sticker Die Cut Decal Self Adhesive Vinyl Legacy

Thanks bud! Order placed.

1 week later
#2278 9 years ago

image-530.jpgimage-530.jpg

FINALLY got to Portal for the first time. SOS on ball 1 with all done except disc. Didn't choke for a change and lit Portal at the scoop. Didn't do that great in the mode, but it was a blast finally getting there, especially on ball 1. Kept rolling and got to SOS again on ball 2. Was Zuse and disc away from Portal for a second time in the same game. Didn't get there, but got my best score ever.

8 months later
#3008 9 years ago
Quoted from finalboss:

Just joined the club. Hookers and blow supplied gratis, no?

Yes. Yes they are. PM Centerflank for details.

2 months later
#3421 8 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Got to "Sea of Simulation" last night. I totally freaked out and pre-ejaculated tho
Next time I'll be ready

I such cases, I believe the mode is called "Sea of Stimulation"...

3 months later
#4140 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Unfortunately I live in Canada so the EL kit is not worth the money with the current exchange rate. $500 for little wires that light up are far down my list unless someone is generous enough to give me instructions on how to make it from the coolights website with a step by step video... LOL.

There are 3 must have mods for Tron pro. Eli's ramp lights, external sub, and LEDs for all the lights. Everything else is great but not essential.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=Apollyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.