tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AJB4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3724 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I will be joining the club soon! My Tron is set to ship out tomorrow. Pray that it makes it unscathed!
Does anybody have the full pinballbulbs Tron light kit installed? My buddy has their kit in his STTNG and it is freaking beautiful. I am curious to see if anybody likes it for Tron.

Yes I put that pinball bulbs led kit into mine - looks awesome. Really makes a big difference in the blue disc lights and the green lights. You will love it I am sure.

1 month later
#4282 8 years ago

Just out of curiosity - as this is an idea that's been kicking around in my head for a couple of weeks - would any of you fellow Tron lovers sell your modded out pro (eli's ramps and everything else - except for powder coated hardware) so you could turn around buy a Tron LE to take it's place??? Is that crazy or understandable???

#4284 8 years ago

Well I think that I would be handing over a couple of thousand more for a recognizer that swings, an extra multi-ball, drop targets, and some additional speech. In the end, I decided to just hang onto my pro, and maybe either chrome out the legs or get the laser etched powder coated rails. But I thought I would ask the question to see what others might do...

1 week later
#4317 8 years ago

Centerflank -
I would like to hear your opinion (compare/contrast to Tron) on Borg's other games - Iron Man in particular...
Thanks

#4329 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Tron ~ Ironman.....both short ball time games, layout not cluttered with too many things to slow gameplay down. I always disable pop up posts in the outer loop (I did Metallica that way too). Excellent Audio on both, code is great on both, strong themes for both. Ive had 2 ironmans and sold, would buy a 3rd.....TRON has never left the building. TRON just hit the sweet spot for me.
Every category Ive mentioned, I think TRON has an edge over IM. TRON has the better artwork package too but I don't think either has awesome pf artwork, just good enough to not be a distraction.
I don't think they play anything alike though, Ive always been able to really immerse myself into the gameplay of both and never thought they had any real similarities once your fingers are on the flipper buttons. I do like that both have reasonably "easy" modes to progress through to get to mini-wizard modes.
Did that help?

absolutely
thanks

9 months later
#6204 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Flynn, "TRON" and "ZUSE" seem a bit too easy - I never do those modes on purpose, yet they get completed without me trying.

Well, yes Flynn completes itself usually as well as TRON; Zuse you can make tougher by shortening the amount of time you have to complete it. Even when those things are a given, still damn hard for me to make it to Portal. (in fact, I have only gotten it lit once.)

1 week later
#6257 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

i've had it ready once! Never started it...
I like hitting the SOS with Double Scoring though - that's the peak of my current skills.

Me too, well almost -> one shot away from lighting Portal (needed the Flynn lamp lit) and drained. 2 yrs and never have gotten Portal lit even once.

2 weeks later
#6337 7 years ago

Yes - love games that I actually have a chance in - but what is interesting about Tron is that while I kinda have a chance, guys like Bowen Kerins don't make it to Tron's Portal wizard mode all the time either. So it just seems to me that this game hits a terrific balance of being not too hard or complicated but just hard enough. In my opinion, it is a real masterpiece. It's like Metallica in that it has an easily understandable and acheivable ruleset (but in Met, of course, the End of the Line wizard mode is a bit further out of reach). Borg/Sheets is my favorite designer/programmer team.

1 month later
#6489 7 years ago

Yes absolutely

1 year later
#7549 6 years ago

Legit

1 year later
#9345 4 years ago

Anybody know where I can get an Eli's Ramp lighting kit?

6 months later
#9667 3 years ago

I was just watching the PAPA Tron tutorial by Bowen. At the very end he mentions a video mode that is acheived by hitting the Gem shot a bunch. Has anyone ever seen this mode?
Is it real?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AJB4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tu=AJB4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.