Quoted from monkeyboypaul:
I'd really appreciate a step by step guide to replacing the black disc with the clear. What glues do i need, tools, etc.
*If this doesn't sound right to anyone please correct me, its been awhile since I removed my motor*
Main thing you will need are some nut drivers
1) You will want to remove the entire disc motor assembly from the bottom of the PF, there are a couple flasher sockets in the way, just loosen the screws so you can rotate them out the way.
2) There are 4 nuts securing the motor so remove those, unhook the wire clip and you are ready to rock.
3) Heat up the old black rubber pad with a heat gun (Quartergrabber told me he did this and it worked great) and remove it all and clean the crap out of it, run it through an ultrasonic if you have one or wash real good with some dish detergent. You want a good clean bonding surface for the new disc.
4) If your disc is broken or you just want to put a new one on there are 3 phillips head screws under the black pad to remove it from the motor assembly
5) I highly recommend some sort of adhesive spray when you install the new clear pad, place the new pads face down on some wax paper or whatever and spray the already slightly sticky side of them, hitting the side edges real nicely too
That should cover everything from best I recall, Good Luck!