tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 233.
#4901 8 years ago

I just finished fitting a transparent disc and rubber set. The disc is putting crazy spin and speed on the ball ( as expected! ) but its a little too crazy I think, making Gem shots for me and even spinning halfway up the left ramp. Will it calm down a bit with use?

#4902 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

but its a little too crazy I think

No such thing with TRON

#4903 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

No such thing with TRON

I know what you are saying, I was all for speeding it up but you have to draw the line somewhere...I can see this thing breaking plastics. One of the first balls that shot out of it managed to burrow under a slingshot rubber as the ball sort refuge under a slingshot plastic.

#4904 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I was all for speeding it up but you have to draw the line somewhere...

Dude...wtf? Your game sounds like sex with a girl who just broke up with her boyfriend and wants revenge.
Get yourself some plastic protectors,"Time Now" and ride through that "strange."

#4905 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I was all for speeding it up but you have to draw the line somewhere...I can see this thing breaking plastics

There is no End of the Line.

Plastics can be replaced, I saw Laseriffic just made some protectors if you want to add those.....

More crazy the better!!!!

#4906 8 years ago

Maybe you can take some of the black disc grime and rub it on the clear disc to slow it down.

The spinning disc is the best feature of Tron, so more spinning is more bester.

#4907 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

so more spinning is more bester.

#4908 8 years ago

We're playing Tron on Twitch at 8:30 Eastern tonight. It's got the clear disc and rubbers so I hope that's ok. http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#4909 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

We're playing Tron on Twitch at 8:30 Eastern tonight. It's got the clear disc and rubbers so I hope that's ok. http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

You have to watch this live or is it archived somewhere? You have a YouTube channel?

#4911 8 years ago

I'll just have to make do with the LE

#4912 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You have to watch this live or is it archived somewhere? You have a YouTube channel?

Live is better because you can hang out and chat with your fellow citizens of The Grid but it will be saved on our Twitch page as a "past broadcast" for like two weeks after the broadcast.

We typically only archive our Thursday "Bro, do you even pinball?" shows on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/buffalopinball). We featured Tron already but it was pre-clear disc and rubbers

#4913 8 years ago

so you are paying for this.... correct??

Quoted from centerflank:

All TRONS are to be switched over to translucent rubbers by end of March or face a hefty fine plus public shaming.

#4914 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

so you are paying for this.... correct??

Just order them and show proof they are installed then wait patiently by your mailbox for the reimbursement cheque.

#4915 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Personally, I'm waiting to see if Super Bands comes out with their lineup of transparent rings. The Super Band flipper rubbers are sometimes criticized for being too "dead", but my experience is that the Super Posts are bouncier than black rubbers.
I think fully transparent rings could look really good on Tron.

Pinball center has nice clear rings, no need to wait on superbands

#4916 8 years ago

I ordered a set of translucent rubbers from Titan Pinball, I can update on those with some pics once they arrive and I get them installed.

#4917 8 years ago

Let us know how the Titan rings feel.

#4918 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

The German clears are nearly half the price of the Titans.

#4919 8 years ago

Titans are a different blend of silicone, from what I understand. I've used them before on someone else's machine and they feel more like traditional rubbers. That being said, superbands might be better because they grip better and when that ball comes spinning out of the disc like a mofo, you might want that extra grip. I don't know, we'll see!

#4920 8 years ago

Trön Modé

#4921 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I put them on my game last week. They're great. Super bouncy. 2" is probably too tight for slings, I had one sling arm pop out of the rubber in the middle of a great game.

I had Pinballcenter ones on my LAST Tron....they do NOT feel like normal rubber. They're hard, and extremely aggressive action on the slings. Don't bounce or feel like standard rubber IMO.

I like both, don't get me wrong, but I very much prefer the Titans.

#4922 8 years ago

Differences in flipper rubber seem very well discussed, Titan vs. Super Bands vs. conventional rubbers. There seems to be consensus on what the differences are.

I'm not sure if there is a consensus on Titan rings vs. conventional rings vs. Pinball Center vs. Pinball Life translucent rings. I've certainly noticed that some of these have a distinct lack of bounce, but I haven't heard uniform assessment on the others.

#4923 8 years ago

WCW - woman crush wednesday

my crush today is all about quorra ..... who do you choose??

Gem-and-Quorra-tron-legacy-18092992-900-881_(resized).jpgGem-and-Quorra-tron-legacy-18092992-900-881_(resized).jpg

#4924 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

WCW - woman crush wednesday
my crush today is all about quorra ..... who do you choose??
Gem-and-Quorra-tron-legacy-18092992-900-881_(resized).jpg

Both

#4926 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Differences in flipper rubber seem very well discussed, Titan vs. Super Bands vs. conventional rubbers. There seems to be consensus on what the differences are.
I'm not sure if there is a consensus on Titan rings vs. conventional rings vs. Pinball Center vs. Pinball Life translucent rings. I've certainly noticed that some of these have a distinct lack of bounce, but I haven't heard uniform assessment on the others.

Titan - Silicone
Super bands - urethane, generally harder than silicone
Pinball life - PerfectPlay flipper bands are silicone. The rest are likely rubber or urethane based
Pinball Center - Reviewers note they are stiffer than Titans, so likely they are urethane

Based on the materials you should have a good idea how they perform.

#4927 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Based on the materials you should have a good idea how they perform.

I am referring to playfield rings, not flipper rubbers. So, for example, Perfect Play does not yet have a line of rings.

There would appear to still be a great range in adjustability in stiffness based on the discussion in the Titan rings thread. Furthermore, in my experience, Super Band flipper rubbers are less bouncy than standard rubbers, but Super Band mini-posts are MORE bouncy than standard rubbers. Generalizing based on material alone seems to be problematic.

#4928 8 years ago

Beat me to it

But I'll do seconds

#4929 8 years ago

Hey, where is Quorra's right hand?

#4930 8 years ago

Clock is ticking......Dont forget your plunger tip rubber

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4931 8 years ago

Is anyone else with the clear disc having issues with the ball moving so fast, probably with a lot of backspin, that its getting under the sling rubber? Its happened to be twice in the few days since I fitted the disc. I have pinball center transparent rubbers fitted, 2" to the slings.

#4932 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is anyone else with the clear disc having issues with the ball moving so fast, probably with a lot of backspin, that its getting under the sling rubber? Its happened to be twice in the few days since I fitted the disc. I have pinball center transparent rubbers fitted, 2" to the slings.

Once in awhile I'll get that during a multiball

#4933 8 years ago

Tron is coming. To save me searching everywhere in this awesome thread. Best

Quoted from centerflank:

Once in awhile I'll get that during a multiball

To save me searching everywhere in this awesome thread Mr Flank where is the best place to get the clear disc and is there anything else i need. Adhesive? I am not sure if it still has the old black one but i hate a messy game so it will have to be upgraded ASAP.

2 days to go.......I love LAMP but TRON even more.

#4934 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Tron is coming. To save me searching everywhere in this awesome thread. Best

To save me searching everywhere in this awesome thread Mr Flank where is the best place to get the clear disc and is there anything else i need. Adhesive? I am not sure if it still has the old black one but i hate a messy game so it will have to be upgraded ASAP.
2 days to go.......I love LAMP but TRON even more.

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-transparent-tron-legacy

Yes, adhesive spray, preferably a non-acid type if you can find it, contact cement has worked for other people as well.

#4935 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is anyone else with the clear disc having issues with the ball moving so fast,

Yes, but I'm taking preventive measures. To try and slow things down would be FUCT UP. Just in case "the strange" starts breaking things, I purchased a spare ramp from MARCO. Plastics can be protected and re-made, but ramps suck when broken. Also grabbed a bottle of El Dorado 12yr (never fails).

IMG_00003840_(resized).jpgIMG_00003840_(resized).jpg
IMG_00003843_(resized).jpgIMG_00003843_(resized).jpg

#4936 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Yes, but I'm taking preventive measures. To try and slow things down would be FUCT UP. Just in case "the strange" starts breaking things, I purchased a spare ramp from MARCO. Plastics can be protected and re-made, but ramps suck when broken. Also grabbed a bottle of El Dorado 12yr (never fails).
IMG_00003840_(resized).jpg
IMG_00003843_(resized).jpg

I want to drink rum with you, PBL Explo next year!!!! Although, I cant drink on the job, it would be after hours, show up late next year!

#4937 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Although, I cant drink on the job, it would be after hours, show up late next year!

Sounds like a plan. I'll keep you posted CF.

#4938 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yes, adhesive spray, preferably a non-acid type if you can find it, contact cement has worked for other people as well.

Hmm...I didn't used any additional adhesive, can I expect mine to fly off in the middle of my league meet this weekend?

#4939 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Hmm...I didn't used any additional adhesive, can I expect mine to fly off in the middle of my league meet this weekend?

It could, sorry, the factory supplied adhesive has failed a few of us, keep an eye on it.

I just looked at my disc tonight and the middle disc is lifting, time to switch it out but I had maybe 1500'ish plays on it. I have ball trails in the outer loop.

#4940 8 years ago

exactly

Quoted from nosro:

Hey, where is Quorra's right hand?

#4941 8 years ago

Ya know, this is why TRON is the sexiest fucking pin ever made. I'm currently wearing a gem outfit and Becky has a quorra one on.

TRON on!

#4942 8 years ago

pics please... is this similar to the ol' wax on wax off??

totally agree... TRON is one sexy bitch!

Quoted from centerflank:

Ya know, this is why TRON is the sexiest fucking pin ever made. I'm currently wearing a gem outfit and Becky has a quorra one on.
TRON on!

#4943 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

pics please... is this similar to the ol' wax on wax off??
totally agree... TRON is one sexy bitch!

You want me to get perma banned? Ive been eyeing you from the start,'I know you are looking to take this thread over.

Pm sent with pics, your retina will be burnt out from the shear exctasy.

#4944 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-transparent-tron-legacy

Thanks centerflank. Much appreciated. Glad this baby is fully moded as the prices we are paying here for mods, parts, colour DMD's is getting insane. Last DMD was $740Aud. Ouch.

#4945 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRON on!

Switched outfits again, I see.

#4946 8 years ago

On occasion my game will shut down as if the ball had drained--when it is still on the playfield. Then the ball does drain and it moves on to the next ball--happy as a clam. Any ideas of what I should to check to stop this error?

#4947 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

On occasion my game will shut down as if the ball had drained--when it is still on the playfield. Then the ball does drain and it moves on to the next ball--happy as a clam. Any ideas of what I should to check to stop this error?

Zip tie the connectors together for the trough opto boards first and report back after a bunch of games.

#4948 8 years ago

This seems to be a standard Stern problem that is probably made worse if you have a shaker motor. I've had this exact same thing happen on other Stern machines as well.

#4949 8 years ago

Stern actually sells a repair kit for this problem if the zip ties don't work

#4950 8 years ago

Quorra spotted at NBA all star festivities!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.