(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,251 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg

There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 186.
#4851 3 years ago

Hey-any of you guys Metallica owners? I have a speaker grill decal with the crosses I no longer need. It matches those creeping death inner cabinet wall decals.

Free for you, just cover shipping, shoot me a pm.

I'll upload a pic if needed but it's for the old style back box with square speaker cutouts.

Edit------tentatively gone.......

#4852 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Clear disc immediately!!!

I have one on the way along with a transparent rubber set.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nice looking machine, btw!!!

Thanks

Quoted from MK6PIN:

There's also a real cool, animated backbox light kit for the 3D translight ...just can't remember where I got the damn thing...black mirror pin blasé look great, too...

I will look into that. I have standard mirror blades fitted already.

#4853 3 years ago

Will there be a re run of Tron?
According to Todd from tnt,

@30m,25s

#4854 3 years ago

Does anyone have the Hallmark light cycles wired into the inserts? Is it safe or will it blow the leds, running them at 6.3v instead of 4.5v that they originally were with batteries?

#4855 3 years ago

Yes, it will burnout the LEDs in the LightCycles from what I've read. You'll need to add resistors to lower the voltage. Mine were done by Kim Keist @ Kimball. I've had them for 3+ years now and they still work great!

Also, Kim helped get some heavy duty resistors to slow down the spinning motor. The grip of the translucent rubber is just way too much causing balls to become airborne and hit the glass. Those also worked out really well!

#4856 3 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Yes, it will burnout the LEDs in the LightCycles from what I've read. You'll need to add resistors to lower the voltage. Mine were done by Kim Keist @ Kimball. I've had them for 3+ years now and they still work great!
Also, Kim helped get some heavy duty resistors to slow down the spinning motor. The grip of the translucent rubber is just way too much causing balls to become airborne and hit the glass. Those also worked out really well!

You made your disc slower? I'm outta this thread. Lock it down moderators.

#4857 3 years ago

do tell.... do tell

FlynnPic_(resized).jpg

Quoted from Erik:

Wait til you see my recognizer mod

#4858 3 years ago

What is LAMP?

#4859 3 years ago

exactly

Quoted from PACMAN:

What is LAMP?

#4860 3 years ago

Licking All My Pits?

#4861 3 years ago

Lame Ass Multi Player?

#4862 3 years ago

Just lamp. I love it.

#4863 3 years ago

pm centerflank.... if your lucky he'll give you the skinfo

Quoted from PACMAN:

Licking All My Pits?

#4864 3 years ago

Finished shopping the game out the other night. Decided to play it this morning....just how ridiculous this game was... 1st ball ended with 8x bonus to the tune of 45 million points, just on bonus. 2nd ball ended with everything lit solid except for Quorra and Lightcycle, and Quorra lit at the scoop, and had already collected the extra ball. Extra ball plunge to scoop, start Quorra. I immediately go for the "prequalify add a ball" by getting two quick hits, then let the balls drain, going for soft-plunge to gem. Didn't get it with two balls.....hit the bank, let them drain. Didn't get it with three balls, lit up the bank, and right as I'm going to make the last add a ball for four balls, two of them go out the left outlane. I hit the bank and start the 4th ball, kicks on the ball saver, and get all 4 balls in play. Shortplunge-o-rama, there's a traffic jam up by the post, and the last ball plunged lands on top of one of the other balls and pushes it into the Gem lane. SCORE! Only had lightcycle left at this point, so I'm getting things under control, have 3 balls still in play. Only cycle inserts left are left ramp and left orbit. Cool. Flail around at the ramp, lose the 3rd ball, down to 2. Cradle separation, shot the ramp, staged the upper left flipper and shot the orbit, then shot the scoop immediately with the ball from the left flipper to start lightcycle. Got the 3-way combo pretty quick after that. At this point everything is lit solid, I still have two balls in play, might as well go for it, right? I start beating the crap out of the TRON targets trying to light double scoring.....FAIL. Lost both balls. Start ball 3, plunge to scoop for Portal and get my sad little 50 million bonus points.

Had to leave for work, so I drained out intentionally after Portal and finished with around 155 million...good enough for the 2nd place score since the last time I changed the music.

#4866 3 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

What is LAMP?

looks something like this ....

red%20lamp[1]_(resized).jpg

#4867 3 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

looks something like this ....

red%20lamp[1]_(resized).jpg

But you still love tron more

#4868 3 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Yes, it will burnout the LEDs in the LightCycles from what I've read. You'll need to add resistors to lower the voltage.

Thanks, any tips on what value resistor to use?

#4869 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Finished shopping the game out the other night. Decided to play it this morning....just how ridiculous this game was... 1st ball ended with 8x bonus to the tune of 45 million points, just on bonus. 2nd ball ended with everything lit solid except for Quorra and Lightcycle, and Quorra lit at the scoop, and had already collected the extra ball. Extra ball plunge to scoop, start Quorra. I immediately go for the "prequalify add a ball" by getting two quick hits, then let the balls drain, going for soft-plunge to gem. Didn't get it with two balls.....hit the bank, let them drain. Didn't get it with three balls, lit up the bank, and right as I'm going to make the last add a ball for four balls, two of them go out the left outlane. I hit the bank and start the 4th ball, kicks on the ball saver, and get all 4 balls in play. Shortplunge-o-rama, there's a traffic jam up by the post, and the last ball plunged lands on top of one of the other balls and pushes it into the Gem lane. SCORE! Only had lightcycle left at this point, so I'm getting things under control, have 3 balls still in play. Only cycle inserts left are left ramp and left orbit. Cool. Flail around at the ramp, lose the 3rd ball, down to 2. Cradle separation, shot the ramp, staged the upper left flipper and shot the orbit, then shot the scoop immediately with the ball from the left flipper to start lightcycle. Got the 3-way combo pretty quick after that. At this point everything is lit solid, I still have two balls in play, might as well go for it, right? I start beating the crap out of the TRON targets trying to light double scoring.....FAIL. Lost both balls. Start ball 3, plunge to scoop for Portal and get my sad little 50 million bonus points.
Had to leave for work, so I drained out intentionally after Portal and finished with around 155 million...good enough for the 2nd place score since the last time I changed the music.

That score is entirely too good to post....congrats, but dammit, I MUST PLAY BETTER!!!!

#4870 3 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

What is LAMP?

Something that you love less than TRON........

#4871 3 years ago

It's clear from this thread that lamp is dead! Hope your all happy with yourselves.

dead_lamp_(resized).jpg

#4872 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That score is entirely too good to post....congrats, but dammit, I MUST PLAY BETTER!!!!

Yes well....I'll see if I can do better. I really SHOULD have had the double scoring active for 100 mil bonus instead of the 50. I was too afraid of losing that last ball. I really want to get a recording rig and video one of these monster games on my machine at some point. It's ridiculously fast right now. There was one time my wife was standing there during that game where the ball came out of the disc so fast that I actually flipped on instinct and didn't see where the ball was until it bounced off the left flipper. More than once it came out of there with so much spin it changed directions TWICE from side to side.

#4873 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You made your disc slower? I'm outta this thread. Lock it down moderators.

I think we may need to revoke his Membership...EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!

Rule #1; TRON > Lamp

Rule #2; TRON Must always go FASTER!

Rule #3; TRON Must be played with a good Bourbon or Beer

Rule #4; There is no such thing as TOO many Mods

Rule #5; PINSIDERS whom participate in Unsubstantiated and/or Speculatory TRON VE talk....please CONTINUE to do so, However not in this thread and please note that all Card Carrying members unofficially have their TRONS currently for sale @ $30,000 buy it now price.

Rule #6; If 1 Sub-woofer is good.....3 is F!ng FANTASTIC!!!

1st Amendment: A good Tequila, Vodka and/or Gin is an acceptable beverage.

2nd Amendment: All TRONS are to be switched over to translucent rubbers by end of March or face a hefty fine plus public shaming.

#4874 3 years ago

kporter knows the rules!

Addendum on #3: gin and tonic is always acceptable, as is anything luminescent

trontinis_(resized).jpg

#4875 3 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Rule #1; TRON > Lamp
Rule #5; PINSIDERS whom participate in Unsubstantiated and/or Speculatory TRON VE talk....please CONTINUE to do so, However not in this thread and please note that all Card Carrying members unofficially have their TRONS currently for sale @ $30,000 buy it now price.

You Sir, have the membership rules down!!!....I do believe Flank will allow mixing of a variety of brown liquors , provided it's done in volume.....

#4876 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You Sir, have the membership rules down!!!....I do believe Flank will allow mixing of a variety of brown liquors , provided it's done in volume.....

Add Vodka to the list.

#4877 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Add Vodka to the list.

Agreed...no tequila please.....

#4878 3 years ago

Oh wow guys. I guess I better sell my Tron to a more worth owner... ;(

#4879 3 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Hey man, I didn't make the rules! LOL I just follow them, Flank runs a tight ship around here!!

#4880 3 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

10 shots of tequila and it's all good.

#4881 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

10 shots of tequila and it's all good.

If I were you bjorg, I would listen to the man and start drinking heavily!

#4882 3 years ago

If I were you bjorg, I would listen to the man and start drinking heavily!

Eat a Rumham for good measure.

image_(resized).jpeg

#4883 3 years ago

Just checked my game.. 210, 177, 163 (today) million are my top scores since whenever I messed with things last.

*edit* Just got 129 for the next one..bumped something down. SOS start with double scoring running... 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 million to start. Finished disc in SOS but at single value, never finished lightcycle even though I restarted it TWICE on ball 3.

#4884 3 years ago

I don't dare, he's dangerously unbalanced

Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

pm centerflank.... if your lucky he'll give you the skinfo

#4885 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Just checked my BAC.. 0.210, 0.177, 0.163

You sure you didn't mean you just checked your BAC!

#4886 3 years ago

You sure you didn't mean you just checked your BAC!

Pfft I wish. That would've been preferable to being sober last night.

#4887 3 years ago

For those without the Quorra and Gem translite but would like to see more of them, these are sized to print on 4x6 photo paper set to "no edge bleed" or "fit image to paper" on your printer:

Tron_left_(resized).png
Tron_right_(resized).png
Tron_right_DP_(resized).png

#4888 3 years ago

So. I never got the Eli kit. Pinbits isn't responding and it shows sold out.
I'm screwed. Right? Ugggggg.

I have nobody to blame but myself.

#4889 3 years ago

I'd think they'll make more. You could pm eli and see what's up or maybe he even has one onhand

#4890 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

So. I never got the Eli kit. Pinbits isn't responding and it shows sold out.
I'm screwed. Right? Ugggggg.
I have nobody to blame but myself.

That's odd, I was just on there the other day just looking. I didn't try to add any to my shopping cart......maybe stern bought them all up for the vault that will ship with puppies in the cabinet.

#4891 3 years ago

I went back and forth on LED colors on the slingshot area. I didn't like using yellows on the left and blues on the right because it seemed to wash out all other colors that weren't yellow and blue. But using white LED's seem to make everything too faded rather than vibrant.

This seemed to be an excellent compromise and I thought some people might like to try this as a third option. The 2nd picture shows the LED colors that I selected for each location.

20160206_175118_(resized).jpg

20160206_175118_-_Copy_(resized).jpg

#4892 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I went back and forth on LED colors on the slingshot area. I didn't like using yellows on the left and blues on the right because it seemed to wash out all other colors that weren't yellow and blue. But using white LED's seem to make everything too faded rather than vibrant.
This seemed to be an excellent compromise and I thought some people might like to try this as a third option. The 2nd picture shows the LED colors that I selected for each location.
20160206_175118_(resized).jpg
20160206_175118_-_Copy_(resized).jpg

I went your route on outlanes, but went solid orange and blue on slings....now change that black sling rubber to translucent and watch it come to life.....

#4893 3 years ago

All TRONS are to be switched over to translucent rubbers by end of March or face a hefty fine plus public shaming.

#4894 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

All TRONS are to be switched over to translucent rubbers by end of March or face a hefty fine plus public shaming.

Fine! Crap!

#4895 3 years ago

You knew this was coming!!!

#4896 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thankfully, strong leadership in Tronland!!!

#4897 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You knew this was coming!!!

Of course! I bought a clear rubber bucket... I almost installed it on my CV, but Tron called out. Its happening soon!

#4898 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I will add that to the rule's list!

#4899 3 years ago

Rule #1; TRON > Lamp
1st Amendment: A good Tequila, Vodka and/or Gin is an acceptable beverage.
2nd Amendment: All TRONS are to be switched over to translucent rubbers by end of March or face a hefty fine plus public shaming.

#4900 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Personally, I'm waiting to see if Super Bands comes out with their lineup of transparent rings. The Super Band flipper rubbers are sometimes criticized for being too "dead", but my experience is that the Super Posts are bouncier than black rubbers.

I think fully transparent rings could look really good on Tron.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 399.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside