(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,057 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by jp335i
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 389 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,203 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg
Tron-Legacy-WallPaper-tron-legacy-24853362-1919-826 (resized).png

There are 9057 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 182.
#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Haven't seen any new TRON VE threads posted lately. WTF?
TRON

lol. almost pissed myself

#4753 3 years ago

Much like a Tron VE

#4754 3 years ago

My Tron LTTPBRTGAN (Late To The Party But Ready To Give'r All Night) Edition ships out tomorrow! WOOO!

#4755 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

My Tron LTTPBRTGAN (Late To The Party But Ready To Give'r All Night) Edition ships out tomorrow! WOOO!

Lol... I read that as "WOOD!"

#4756 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Well... It is a Tron

#4757 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

MAXIMUM WOOD! Hahah. I'm only half-mast, I don't want to pass out due to blood loss before it gets here...I might miss the delivery!

#4758 3 years ago

tron is one of the only pins that still gives me MAX wood... congrats to you aeon!

#4759 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Well... It is a Tron

Which is why my sub-conscious read it that way -

#4760 3 years ago

Heads up that ULEK Store has made a plastic protector for the -09 plastic (the triangle piece to the right of the left ramp/left of the Quorra shot):

http://www.ulekstore.com/09_Triangle_Protector_Piece_for_TRON_p/triangle_protset_tron.htm

They also sell a set with slingshot/return lane protectors too: http://www.ulekstore.com/Slingshot_Return_Lane_Protector_Set_for_TRON_p/trans_protset_tron.htm

They produced these by my personal request. I'm going to use the -09 protector to piece my busted one back together. I highly recommend installing one before yours breaks!

#4761 3 years ago

I kept dreaming of a world, I thought I'd never see...

That's right man, I GOT IN.

I'm back for good. I've been around the world with pinball machines, and I will make the bold statement that TRON is my favorite machine of all time. It is a horrible feeling not owning one.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#4762 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I kept dreaming of a world, I thought I'd never see...
That's right man, I GOT IN.
I'm back for good. I've been around the world with pinball machines, and I will make the bold statement that TRON is my favorite machine of all time. It is a horrible feeling not owning one.
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Congrats!!!....as stated earlier, if mine ever leaves, it's with all of them, because I'd be out of the hobby....

#4763 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Heads up that ULEK Store has made a plastic protector for the -09 plastic (the triangle piece to the right of the left ramp/left of the Quorra shot):
http://www.ulekstore.com/09_Triangle_Protector_Piece_for_TRON_p/triangle_protset_tron.htm
They also sell a set with slingshot/return lane protectors too: http://www.ulekstore.com/Slingshot_Return_Lane_Protector_Set_for_TRON_p/trans_protset_tron.htm
They produced these by my personal request. I'm going to use the -09 protector to piece my busted one back together. I highly recommend installing one before yours breaks!

Got one ordered thanks bud

#4764 3 years ago

Clear disc installed today!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#4765 3 years ago

Clear disc installed today!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Purdy
How's it play?

#4766 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Purdy
How's it play?

I wanted to let it set for 24 hours before putting any games in on it. I put it on a new disc and used some 3M spray adhesive to help hold it down. About to fire it up...will report back.

#4767 3 years ago

I used 3M spray on mine and did not have very good results. It kept flying off after a few plays. I even started with a brand new clear disc. I eventually used clear epoxy. I think it is on for good now.

#4768 3 years ago

Just played it for about an hour and no issues with it coming off. And it's just as insane and fun as everyone has said. Plus no black crap on the playfield!

At first I was like--uh this is making the ball spin even less than the black disc. But then I realized I forgot to plug the disc motor back in.

#4769 3 years ago

Just played it for about an hour and no issues with it coming off. And it's just as insane and fun as everyone has said. Plus no black crap on the playfield!
At first I was like--uh this is making the ball spin even less than the black disc. But then I realized I forgot to plug the disc motor back in.

Too funny!!!....great pics....enjoy the "clear" ride!!!

#4770 3 years ago

I have a problem with my arcade mod, it seems to have a blank black screen a lot of the time and only occationaly plays the graphic stuff. Fix?

#4771 3 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I have a problem with my arcade mod, it seems to have a blank black screen a lot of the time and only occationaly plays the graphic stuff. Fix?

Loose cable inside

#4772 3 years ago

Yes Im in love!
Waxed it again, (although I used Superflip), shes fast as hell! And so beautifull mmmmmm!

mirrorpop2_(resized).jpg

#4773 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Loose cable inside

Inside the mod? The power cable is good, flasher works as designed.

#4774 3 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Inside the mod? The power cable is good, flasher works as designed.

Yeah. Happened to several folks

#4775 3 years ago

TRON on cable is good..... but TRON on laserdisc is even better

gonna watch this amazing movie tonight with the kids.... eol

059_(resized).JPG

060_(resized).JPG

Quoted from labnip:

Well hell...
Tron is on HBO late tonight.
Guess my next hour & a half just got redirected

#4776 3 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

TRON on cable is good..... but TRON on laserdisc is even better
gonna watch this amazing movie tonight with the kids.... eol
059_(resized).JPG
060_(resized).JPG

The music is still stuck in my head... Wake up humming it

#4777 3 years ago

Sorry guys. I have to give you a detention!

image_(resized).jpeg

#4778 3 years ago

Hi,

I am seeking the help of a kind Tron LE owner ! I have been working on adding the moving recognizer on my Tron Pro. I got all the parts except the bracket that holds the 3 switches behind the back panel. I have been searching for this part for over a year I have a custom made one but I would need the exact dimensions of the original one to do a clean job (and to have it produce). Let me know if you are willing to help My goal is to make this mod available to all Pro owners...

Cheers,

Marc

tron_bracket_(resized).png

#4779 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Haven't seen any new TRON VE threads posted lately. WTF?
TRON

Sorry flank, I though you said have you seen the new TRON VE and about shat myself.

By the way, do you think the TRON VE will have the lighted ramps or the moving recognizer when Stern builds it?

#4780 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Sorry flank, I though you said have you seen the new TRON VE and about shat myself.
By the way, do you think the TRON VE will have the lighted ramps or the moving recognizer when Stern builds it?

My money is on the lighted ramps, but not the recognizer .... Or just no ve at all

#4781 3 years ago

I've just joined the club and am starting to understand what all the buzz is about. Someone told me to leave my back door open so that centerflank can deliver a welcome "package", WTF?

20160120_174605_(resized).jpg

I have noticed that on my machine, the GEM shot and the left loop shot frequently (approximately 25% of shots) results in a SDTM. Is this normal or is there potentially something missing in the pops area of my machine?

20160117_171119-02_(resized).jpeg

#4782 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I've just joined the club and am starting to understand what all the buzz is about. Someone told me to leave my back door open so that centerflank can deliver a welcome "package", WTF?
I have noticed that on my machine, the GEM shot and the left loop shot frequently (approximately 25% of shots) results in a SDTM. Is this normal or is there potentially something missing in the pops area of my machine?

Try a thicker post sleeve on the one right above the Zuse pop number cap

Edit---Nice chrome rails, who did you buy that from?

re-edit---- Ah, must have been this one....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-pro-stern-2011-2021#post-2913662

#4783 3 years ago

I don't mind the SDTM drains if that is part of the game. I have only played one other Tron machine and I didn't notice getting SDTM so often from the pops. Is this typical?

Also, who sells sleeves in different thicknesses?

Yep, that's the one I picked up.

#4784 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Time for more mods

#4785 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I don't mind the SDTM drains if that is part of the game. I have only played one other Tron machine and I didn't notice getting SDTM so often from the pops. Is this typical?
Also, who sells sleeves in different thicknesses?
Yep, that's the one I picked up.

I had some Cliffy post sleeves that were a little thicker than the stock ones, I now have the clear ones from the Germans that are even thicker than the Cliffy's, Im going to throw that on next time I give TRON a good cleaning......I might do that this week actually....

#4786 3 years ago

Just to pitch in...mine never goes SDTM on those shots always bangs around the pops for a while. maybe if its going really fast and its the perfect storm it will fly through there.

Maybe its a leveling issue? You did just get the game. I know in my game room some of my games could play perfect in one spot and if I move them i get weird SDTM issues.

For example my TOTAN. I had it on one side and it would always bounce in the pops and i loved it. now its moved across the room and I barely ever get it bouncing in the pops just flys right through not touching anything.

My Cyclone Boomerrang/Spook house. Same thing.

And I use 2 levels and typically get games "level perfect" but find sometimes they play better with a little tweaking after you know what's happening to that specific game in that specific location.

#4787 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I had some Cliffy post sleeves that were a little thicker than the stock ones, I now have the clear ones from the Germans that are even thicker than the Cliffy's, Im going to throw that on next time I give TRON a good cleaning......I might do that this week actually....

It would be nice if my clear discs from the Germans show up soon....it says " expect 30 day delivery" but didn't think that could be right ( I'm nearing that on my order)....what's the normal time for delivery from these guys?

#4788 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It would be nice if my clear discs from the Germans show up soon....it says " expect 30 day delivery" but didn't think that could be right ( I'm nearing that on my order)....what's the normal time for delivery from these guys?

Just a wild guess, but they may be waiting for one of their new arrivals to head to the US, and stick it in his backpack...

#4789 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Like I mentioned in our PM I always had my stuff within a week, maybe they are extended Vacay this January.

#4790 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Like I mentioned in our PM I always had my stuff within a week, maybe they are extended Vacay this January.

Yea, kinda figured.....first time the mail delivered at my house since Thursday...hoped they would be in there...

#4791 3 years ago

Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but I learned from this that Stern post sleeves (left) are thinner than Williams post sleeves (right). Maybe everyone already knew this except me.

20160125_211935_(resized).jpg

In summary, if the balls are not being deflected into the pops, replace the Stern post sleeve above the Zuse pop bumper with a Williams post sleeve. This eliminated nearly all of my SDTM drains from the pops.

#4792 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but I learned from this that Stern post sleeves (left) are thinner than Williams post sleeves (right). I guess everyone already knew this except me.
In summary, if the balls are not being deflected into the pops, replace the Stern post sleeve above the Zuse pop bumper with a Williams post sleeve. This eliminated nearly all of my SDTM drains from the pops.

Does it return to the flipper now or always deflect into the pops?

#4793 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Does it return to the flipper now or always deflect into the pops?

With the Williams (thicker) post sleeve, a strong plunge, or a strong shot to the left loop will send the ball to the pops nearly all the time now.

Previously, with the Stern post sleeve, those same shots would fly through the pops or otherwise miss the pops and straight to the flippers, frequently down the middle.

#4794 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but I learned from this that Stern post sleeves (left) are thinner than Williams post sleeves (right). Maybe everyone already knew this except me.

I was unaware of this as well. I don't have the issue, and I guess I assumed they would be slightly different but that is significantly. Ill place that tidbit in my back pocket for the future!

#4795 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

With the Williams (thicker) post sleeve, a strong plunge, or a strong shot to the left loop will send the ball to the pops nearly all the time now.
Previously, with the Stern post sleeve, those same shots would fly through the pops or otherwise miss the pops and straight to the flippers, frequently down the middle.

Hmm, maybe try a slightly thinner sleeve when you get your hands on one. I personally like it returning to the left flipper, your call though....

#4796 3 years ago

Even if this came with the control rod that goes in the backside like the SouthPark episode, Id still drive it.

Wreckedum

#4797 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Even if this came with the control rod that goes in the backside like the SouthPark episode, Id still drive it.
Wreckedum

Is that the beginning of a new instruction card... Or tron legacy 2?

#4798 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is that the beginning of a new instruction card... Or tron legacy 2?

Its the Vault translite.

#4799 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its the Vault translite.

VE-TL... Is the ve a fantasy spinoff? Lol

I'd prefer a VE uprising

image_(resized).jpg

#4800 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

VE-TL... Is the ve a fantasy spinoff? Lol
I'd prefer a VE uprising

image_(resized).jpg

Just wait for the MSRP on the Vault, I'll be shipping out Midol for half of Pinside.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 50.00
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Bernardo , CA
$ 279.95
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9057 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside