IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 233.
#4701 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Yep I've got some 3M spray adhesive at the ready. Been doing my research.

Got mine at Pinball Center. Just clean the disc real good and stick it on, no additional adhesive needed here.

#4702 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Got mine at Pinball Center. Just clean the disc real good and stick it on, no additional adhesive needed here.

DO NOT DO THIS.......Setting your disc up to fail. Don't post that in this thread ever again.

#4703 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

DO NOT DO THIS.......Setting your disc up to fail. Don't post that in this thread ever again.

And why is that, what will fail?

#4704 8 years ago

the grab from the new disk is significant. The adhesive that comes stock can't handle that force on its own. Disk you just installed will pull off eventually (much sooner) and I'd imagine possible cause other problems including ruining the actual plastic disk that spins.

#4705 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

And why is that, what will fail?

Put some spray adhesive on and lock that fucker down tight.

#4706 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Or two part epoxy. . .

#4707 8 years ago

tron-adhesive.jpgtron-adhesive.jpg

#4708 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sorry... but I did the reverse.
The first clear I got, cleaned the original off best I could... used the 3M adhesive and the thing gave away in under 30 plays I bet.
2nd clear rubber... brand new plastic disc from PinballLife... no extra glue, and it's been fine (1/2 year later?).

So for me... jury's still out on to glue or not.

Granted... my game sees little use. (problem of having 20+ machines)
So the first disc failure may have been a fluke.

I will say... ever since the first failure... my motor is way noisier than it was originally. (and no, the rubber is on correct... tough to screw that up, since it sits in the recessed areas)

#4709 8 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Sorry... but I did the reverse.
The first clear I got, cleaned the original off best I could... used the 3M adhesive and the thing gave away in under 30 plays I bet.
2nd clear rubber... brand new plastic disc from PinballLife... no extra glue, and it's been fine (1/2 year later?).
So for me... jury's still out on to glue or not.
Granted... my game sees little use. (problem of having 20+ machines)
So the first disc failure may have been a fluke.
I will say... ever since the first failure... my motor is way noisier than it was originally. (and no, the rubber is on correct... tough to screw that up, since it sits in the recessed areas)

Everyone that had disc fail when people were first changing to clear did not use an adhesive spray, I wouldn't even recommend the 3M either, that Helmar product I used is awesome stuff.

One gentleman who ordered discs from me used no extra adhesive and had failure almost immediately.

Ya know what, F it, put the disc on whoever one would like, I'll never post about it again.

#4710 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ya know what, F it, put the disc on whoever one would like, I'll never post about it again.

LOL! I don't think he was taking a shot. We value your input Flank. Have a bourbon and play some TRON, turn those trip's up to 11 and rock the house!

#4711 8 years ago

Adhesives are tricky bidness...

#4712 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

LOL! I don't think he was taking a shot. We value your input Flank. Have a bourbon and play some TRON, turn those trip's up to 11 and rock the house!

Yeah, I know he wasn't talking a shot, Timerider is a good dude.....

But anyway, I say F it!

#4713 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

tron-adhesive.jpg

Want!!!

#4714 8 years ago

I used spray on vinyl adhesive with new pinball life disc and blue disc from flank

Worked a charm...

I think I even scuffed up the clear disc a little to give it some tooth

#4715 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I used spray on vinyl adhesive with new pinball life disc and blue disc from flank
Worked a charm...
I think I even scuffed up the clear disc a little to give it some tooth

I like a bit of tooth. Also, purchase. Two good, grippy words.

#4716 8 years ago

I have the color DMD installed in my TRON LE already.
I can choose any color for my mood.
My current favorite is "Quorra green".
When TRON gets colorized, all I have to do is plug in usb and boom all will be great!
Aaron

#4717 8 years ago

HO ho home directoryHO ho home directory

#4718 8 years ago

I took a couple quick pics with the glass on, but what do you think of the vehicles I added and their placement? I added two ships from the movie on the left ramp (bad guy chasing good guy) and added light strips to their bottoms, a lit recognizer in the back left corner and quorra's car in the shooter lane. Super rad or super douchey?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4719 8 years ago

^^ ass kickin !!

#4720 8 years ago

I've thought about adding more to mine, but I can't decide if it's over kill or not. I have the the lit rec. And hallmark cycles. I like a really clean look

#4721 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I've thought about adding more to mine, but I can't decide if it's over kill or not. I have the the lit rec. And hallmark cycles. I like a really clean look

So, super douchey then?

#4722 8 years ago

I wouldn't say that. I saw a Le with the ships add and quorra. And I thought it was ok, but nothing I was running to amazon for right away. I think for me if the lighted ships looked sweet, and gave off light that was close to how the cycles are. I would be sold 100%. But I know for sure I'm not adding the characters to my playfield, I think those are way over kill

#4723 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I wouldn't say that. I say a Le with the ships add and quorra. And I thought it was ok, but nothing I was running to amazon for right away. I think for me if the lighted ships looked sweet, and gave off light that was close to how the cycles are. I would be sold 100%. But I know for sure I'm not adding the characters to my playfield, I think those are way over kill

Yeah I agree. I hate the characters in a Tron playfield. I mean why have characters the same size as the vehicles? It just looks really weird to me. I was trying to use vehicles with the same aspect ratio.

#4724 8 years ago

What if you painted the piping on the ships with fluorescent paint, it would probably glow if you had u.v. In the spotlights

#4725 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

What if you painted to piping on the ships with fluorescent paint, it would probably glow if you had u.v. In the spotlights

Hmmmmm, that's a good idea. I'm going to try that! I added comet light strips to the bottom of each aircraft. Blue for the good guy and orange for the bad guy. You can't really notice they're under there but they do light the playfield up in those areas so I don't count it as a complete failure.

#4726 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I took a couple quick pics with the glass on, but what do you think of the vehicles I added and their placement? I added two ships from the movie on the left ramp (bad guy chasing good guy) and added light strips to their bottoms, a lit recognizer in the back left corner and quorra's car in the shooter lane. Super rad or super douchey?
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Like!!! The added recognizer is especially cool......might steal that idea from you.....

#4727 8 years ago

I wonder if it's possible to add eli wire to them to create this effect

Tron-Legacy-movie-image-new-collider-17_(resized).jpgTron-Legacy-movie-image-new-collider-17_(resized).jpg

#4728 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I wonder if it's possible to add eli wire to them to create this effect

Tron-Legacy-movie-image-new-collider-17_(resized).jpg

Another good idea! Damn, you're full of em.

#4729 8 years ago

Got these in mine, planning another recognizer in the back

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4730 8 years ago

lamp had enough of getting his feelings hurt in the Tron thread, packed his suitcase & is visiting another thread for the holidays

lamp has already received a fragile Major Award for his griddy action scenes

lamplamp

#4731 8 years ago

Merry TRONidays to everyone.

1 week later
#4732 8 years ago

Lunch bump

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#4733 8 years ago

i got some good news from the wiffee the other night.... she finally caved and gave me the green light to bring one pin into the house (its always been the #1 rule to keep the games / pins in the garage) ....

after long deliberation, i will finally have my tron pin in the front room / dining room! haha... win win for me and the fam

US_Magazine_Tron_02_(resized).jpgUS_Magazine_Tron_02_(resized).jpg

#4734 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i got some good news from the wiffee the other night.... she finally caved and gave me the green light to bring one pin into the house (its always been the #1 rule to keep the games / pins in the garage) ....
after long deliberation, i will finally have my tron pin in the front room / dining room! haha... win win for me and the fam
US_Magazine_Tron_02_(resized).jpg

EDOT next

#4735 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

US_Magazine_Tron_02_(resized).jpg

Props for your negotiating skills, and the coolness of your Wife for letting it happen....win/ win!!!

#4736 8 years ago

yeah dude... totally agree with you. my wife is very cool and chill when it comes to my pinball shenanigans

I'll try to get the edot in the house in 2017... baby steps.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Props for your negotiating skills, and the coolness of your Wife for letting it happen....win/ win!!!

#4737 8 years ago

my chopped edot (why would someone commit such a crime?) is getting new mirrors, complete rebuild of all electronic parts, new lights, new control panel overlay, and monitor. yes!

#4738 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

my chopped edot (why would someone commit such a crime?) is getting new mirrors, complete rebuild of all electronic parts, new lights, new control panel overlay, and monitor. yes!

I need to get a cap kit for mine

#4739 8 years ago

I just have to get the shipping sorted out and get the thing to me, but I'M IN!

#4740 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I need to get a cap kit for mine

my monitor has been acting up lately too lost all the reds in the game.

#4741 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I just have to get the shipping sorted out and get the thing to me, but I'M IN!

nice dude... you gettin a tron pin or arcade?

#4742 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

nice dude... you gettin a tron pin or arcade?

Tron Pin, heavily modded Pro. Pretty pumped!

#4743 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

my monitor has been acting up lately too lost all the reds in the game.

Darn, no more blood splatters

#4744 8 years ago

This needs to be the next VE as it is very similar to how IM was. Ridiculous prices that need to be brought back in check, i.e, there is more demand than there is supply.

#4745 8 years ago

Oh, Colorado!!

#4746 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

This needs to be the next VE as it is very similar to how IM was. Ridiculous prices that need to be brought back in check, i.e, there is more demand than there is supply.

I hope they do. I have a friend looking for one and the prices went up much higher than I thought they had. I could sell him mine, but I'm not THAT good of a friend

#4747 8 years ago

Haven't seen any new TRON VE threads posted lately. WTF?

TRONTRON

#4748 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRON

And for that, I am grateful ..

#4749 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRON

same reason people eventually stop watch stuff like America's Most Haunted, The Dead Files, Paranormal Witness, etc...
folks just get tired of chasing make believe ghosts

here's to The Real Deal

#4750 8 years ago

Well hell...
Tron is on HBO late tonight.
Guess my next hour & a half just got redirected

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.