IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 233.
#4601 8 years ago

Oh, I apologize to the club in my delay on bringing her home. Went to a tourney on Thursday, which ended soon enough for me to catch the Swingin' Utters at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. Then cut out of work yesterday to drive JD up to Oakland to buy a Sopranos, to take to his place before I took his Tron.

Late nights, and I don't see myself getting to bed any earlier now with Tron in play.

Cheers!

#4602 8 years ago

Not much time between bringing in the game, getting told it is not her, or even our game...

Riiiiight

Can't fool me Hun!

Oh, and she tells me the disk is a dick.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#4603 8 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Not much time between bringing in the game, getting told it is not her, or even our game...
Riiiiight
Can't fool me Hun!
Oh, and she tells me the disk is a dick.

image.jpeg

Super congrats!!!

#4604 8 years ago

Congrats welcome!!! Now time to Mod the shit out of it!!!

#4605 8 years ago

Had a 200 million game the other night.. apparently my good mood rubbed off on some Tron karma... I started SOS with everything solid except the disc, when I was two shots from finishing disc, I started double scoring, and then got the doubled values for Disc, Lightcycle, TRON, and Recognizer to light Portal. I had "death restarts" inside Portal 3 times, where I was down to one ball and finished a shot...I only had 2 shots left to finish it fully when I drained out. :\

Oh, and for the extra difficulty factor: Blue disc rubber, outlanes wide open, and no rubber on the triangle of 3 posts below the TRON target, just a piece of paper towel jammed in there so the ball can't get to the light bulb.... *THUNK*

#4606 8 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

I appreciate all of your sentiments, and if I've helped produce the VE with my purchase price, then so be it. If I lose $$ on the purchase, which hasn't hurt my feelings in the past, I'll still have Tron.

Congratz! No loss if you never sell it and maybe no loss regardless. I just don't see a VE happening. Nothing Stern has done since Tron has topped it IMO.

#4607 8 years ago

Buy a Tron, join the club
Sell a Tron, get the torches

#4608 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

At this point, I'm only buying Trons. Sell a BDK, get a Tron, Sell an IJ, get a Tron..

#4609 8 years ago

Nice Tron HOU for sale in MN

#4610 8 years ago

CC you got me motivated to finish up a couple mods tonight. Finally did the $5 led in the Rectifier mod, Flanks blue disk and my cliff set!! All I have left to do is Speaker upgrade, Pop Covers and the mirror blades that came with my game when I bought it!! Love this game.

#4611 8 years ago

Keep calm and play Tron. I'm just hooked on this machine. It will taunt you...we have a visitor...it will haunt you....but you know you always have a chance.....good luck playing and trying to walk away.

#4612 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

my TRON is now gone from time...
but i can't resist to came here as before, to read & watch

#4613 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my TRON is now gone from time...
but i can't resist to came here as before, to read & watch

Ahh....we have a visitor.....
See, you can't get Tron out of your mind......you will own one again someday....I heard the chatter....
libations for everybody!

#4614 8 years ago

tchin !

#4615 8 years ago

I replaced the disc with a new clear version today. Looks great but the ball speed! It's vicious. Is it safe?
It just flies all places, wondering if some of you already had problems with broken parts? The black version I took of was really nothing compared to this one. Is that staying that way or will it slow down a bit?
Best part is that my disc is making much less noise....and had one of my best games ever!

#4616 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I replaced the disc with a new clear version today. Looks great but the ball speed! It's vicious. Is it safe?
It just flies all places, wondering if some of you already had problems with broken parts? The black version I took of was really nothing compared to this one. Is that staying that way or will it slow down a bit?
Best part is that my disc is making much less noise....and had one of my best games ever!

It slows down a bit. I have two Trons with the clear disc and never a broken part. I don't think I've heard of anyone having a broken part from the ball flying. Fair warning, you WILL get addicted to the speed. I keep a supply of fresh discs, so that when it does slow down I can put a new one in and get it back to full fling.

#4617 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It slows down a bit. I have two Trons with the clear disc and never a broken part. I don't think I've heard of anyone having a broken part from the ball flying. Fair warning, you WILL get addicted to the speed. I keep a supply of fresh discs, so that when it does slow down I can put a new one in and get it back to full fling.

Ditto for me ( only one TRON though)...no broken things ( yet) but major fun !!!....It does slow down a bit over time....I have 3 left...due for a holiday change, I believe

#4618 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto for me ( only one TRON though)...no broken things ( yet) but major fun !!!....It does slow down a bit over time....I have 3 left...due for a holiday change, I believe

And it's not just the speed. Have you noticed the sound it makes when it grabs the ball at full speed?! It's like it's tearing the fabric of spacetime. Freaking awesome.

#4619 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And it's not just the speed. Have you noticed the sound it makes when it grabs the ball at full speed?! It's like it's tearing the fabric of spacetime. Freaking awesome.

Absolutely!!!....It's both terrifying and thrilling at the same time.....never experienced such dramatic spin or speed w that disc......Ill hear it slam in the trough, sdtm...( never saw it) or it will go down almost to the flippers, and spin itself back up over the right ramp!!! Major adrenaline rush!!!

#4620 8 years ago

Where do you buy this disc replacement from?

#4621 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Discs'r'us, Centerflank Arcade, Tronville

#4622 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Discs'r'us, Centerflank Arcade, Tronville

FYI, Im out of those, well I have 2 that Im keeping for my spares.....

Anyone want to bulk order them again and sell feel free to do so in this thread! Happy TRONning!

#4623 8 years ago

I bought mine at Pinball Center - http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-transparent-tron-legacy - it's german site, I buy almost everything there. For small things they have reasonable shipping rates and great service, Marco one of the owners responds quickly to questions.
This is the most dramatic 10 euro upgrade ever! It just scares me to hit the spinning disc...ones it just rocketed it down the drain...awesome but fierce..you just have no chance.

#4624 8 years ago

Played some games yesterday, the spin after the ball is grabbed by the new disc is awesome! I have seen some crazy things in a few playes. Like getting out of the disc and making the Gem shot itself. Even getting up a ramp by itself. Maybe it also has to do with some cleaning of the playfield with SuperFlip but it is just amazing....almost a new game! I can't keep leaving it alone......

#4625 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Played some games yesterday, the spin after the ball is grabbed by the new disc is awesome! I have seen some crazy things in a few playes. Like getting out of the disc and making the Gem shot itself. Even getting up a ramp by itself. Maybe it also has to do with some cleaning of the playfield with SuperFlip but it is just amazing....almost a new game! I can't keep leaving it alone......

Yup

#4626 8 years ago

Just took a trip to PORTAL! Fuck Yeah!!!!

#4627 8 years ago

Ordered shaker and led ocd board. Anything I need to watch out for on the installs?

#4628 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I never met the guy that sells the discs out of Tronville, but I did hear he is a super douche

#4629 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I never met the guy that sells the discs out of Tronville, but I did hear he was a super douche

Thats Fact/science.

#4630 8 years ago

Can anyone think of a valid reason why i shouldn't put 4 ceramic (power) balls in a Tron?

It'd give the 'chaos' call out some additional gravitas. Might also work in AFM.

The cost argument is invalid as we've all derailed our money logic by joining this club.

#4631 8 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Can anyone think of a valid reason why i shouldn't put 4 ceramic (power) balls in a Tron?
It'd give the 'chaos' call out some additional gravitas. Might also work in AFM.
The cost argument is invalid as we've all derailed our money logic by joining this club.

Hmmm.....I wonder if the game wouldn't be too fast. I only know the powerball from Twillight Zone, there it is an additional function. I would say try one and see what happens.
'The cost argument is invalid as we've all derailed our money logic by joining this club'

#4632 8 years ago

for a moment, i have played mine with 1 (not 4) ceramic ball in it, as intended was faster for sure for that ball...

this can be considered for lots of others pins (without magnet, even if TZ got some, code was adapted), as it's "linked" to the theme, for example TF

#4633 8 years ago

I just waxed my playfield and put in a new clear disc yesterday on mine.....only valid reason I can give is you may never...ever get a flipper on the ball....machine is so damn brutal as is....I'd never keep up w power balls ( they could be neon green, wouldn't matter)....good luck.....

#4634 8 years ago

I can tell you my experience with putting 4 glow balls in my Tron. One they got really chewed up really fast, although I don't think power balls will do that. And two, as far as I know power balls are the same weight as glow balls, light. With metal balls my clear disc ripped balls out at super sonic speed. When I put the glow balls in they were too light and they just dribbled out of the disc, like it was still a black disc. So I would say if you have a clear disc installed don't switch to powerballs unless you want to lose that cool disc action.

#4635 8 years ago

4 power balls is pretty fun, I've played Bangers more than a few times, I like the ooh shiny better......they just feel too floaty, I dunno...

#4636 8 years ago

What bulb are some people using on the TRON sling floods? I have double LEDS in my game but I still have the original incandescents in the sling floods (GI). These don't last long at all since they get hit by airballs alot. Options?

#4637 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What bulb are some people using on the TRON sling floods?

I use these:
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/4smd3528.htm

#4638 8 years ago

I want to be in the TRON club, but there are none for sale around me Nobody who has one seems to want to let them go in Canada...especially not the heavily modified ones!

#4639 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I want to be in the TRON club, but there are none for sale around me Nobody who has one seems to want to let them go in Canada...especially not the heavily modified ones!

Best game ever made, thats why!

I think Labnip has one for sale.

edit----This canadian has 2 for sale apparently...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-stern-2011#post-2828800

#4640 8 years ago

Tron is simply my favorite game. It rocks. It rolls. It slices and dices and cuts tomatoes paper thin. If I could not obtain one where I live I would move.

#4641 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-stern-2011#post-2828800

Tron LE for sale at a discounted price of $32,000 USD + shipping.

#4642 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

TRON LE for sale at a discounted price of $32,000 USD + shipping.

Why so low?

#4643 8 years ago

Trying to make room for the new VE

#4644 8 years ago

Hmmm, Sell my heavily modded Tron LE and save for an ' unknown to come' Tron VE........Yep

#4645 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Trying to make room for the new VE

Seems logical to me....careful though...there are rumors about club validation if you take that route.....

I'd have to get $50k for mine though...because if it leaves that means I'm selling them all......

#4646 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Did he take his pictures with a gameboy camera?

I want a Tron, but those prices are just silly.

#4647 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Did he take his pictures with a gameboy camera?
I want a Tron, but those prices are just silly.

How does one truly price a TRON? No more will ever be made*

#4648 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How does one truly price a TRON? No more will ever be made*

bv7W2x3[1].gifbv7W2x3[1].gif

#4649 8 years ago

Happy Friday !!!

I'm almost home Tron baby

#4650 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Happy Friday !!!
I'm almost home Tron baby

Heading to mine now......new disc, got my opto fixed....3 shots of jaeger already in....tonight, I enter the 100 million club ( no jokes, I know I suck at this game, but it doesn't stop me)....TRON TIME!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 49.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
12,028 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.