IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 233.
#4551 8 years ago

My Tron girls love me! Just finished installing my Swap Boxes. Keep your eyes on the ball and not the girls. Right!

018.JPG018.JPG
015.JPG015.JPG

#4553 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

My Tron girls love me! Just finished installing my Swap Boxes. Keep your eyes on the ball and not the girls. Right!
018.JPG
015.JPG

Very, very nice!!!.....

#4554 8 years ago

I've never seen swap boxes before! Are those basically backlit frames for translites? Where do you get them? Thx!

#4555 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

018.JPG
015.JPG

I like the irony of putting something on the bottom of a glare guard.....that causes glare

#4556 8 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

I've never seen swap boxes before! Are those basically backlit frames for translites? Where do you get them? Thx!

Blimpey made the ones I have

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#4557 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I like the irony of putting something on the bottom of a glare guard.....that causes glare

No glare at all!

#4559 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Just going by the pic

Funny how stuff goes in circles on Pinside. I have stickers on my glare guards and had pics up and Gweempose was making comments about the glare, it's just the angle of the camera, while at normal standing playing position they are pretty invisible.

#4560 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4561 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4562 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4563 8 years ago

Tempest and Tron - I have those side by side too!

#4564 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Tempest and Tron - I have those side by side too!

Nice!

Just for giggles... That row is Tron, Tempest, street fighter 2 CE, super punch out, and a 2 player candy cab

I put tempest next to Tron so I could still see side art

#4565 8 years ago

Does anyone know if that Tron arcade sold at Chicago Expo, and if so... approx price?
Just curious.

#4566 8 years ago

Had them all lit up solidly last night, the first time this has ever happened (to me), and then i drained the 3rd and final ball.

Mother Fu....

#4567 8 years ago

hey labnip... that used to be my tron... I sold it to keith at tpf 2013.

#4568 8 years ago
Quoted from punkshere2stay:

hey labnip... that used to be my tron... I sold it to keith at tpf 2013.

you gotta find more pins & vids that i can come shopping at your casa for

#4569 8 years ago

Folks - I'm cash in hand, going to buy my buddy's Tron. Opened out of the box within the past 2 months, I think it's the last edition with cars instead of cycles on the ramps, 500 plays, LED adjustments, just cleaned and re-rubbered. Asking was $6k, I offered $5,800, and he wants to settle on $5,900. What say y'all on the fair price?

He installed a shaker. I'm not a fan of shakers in general, but did y'all install one? Is it beneficial to the game, or should I hock it for ~$100?

I'm really excited! I've wanted this game since it came out, but didn't really have the coin until now.

Just hours to go until it's set up in my place!

#4570 8 years ago

Congrats man hope you love it! Fun pin price sounds fair. I'd keep shaker in there myself.

#4571 8 years ago

Shaker is mandatory and adds a lot to this game. This is Eye popping, Sound is awesome and the shaker adds that extra. Next you need Eli mod and Tron arcade mod

#4572 8 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

What say y'all on the fair price?

I'd try to make a deal with Gov for his blinged out Pro before I'd spend $5900 for a nearly stock one. $5900 is high for nearly stock. You will want the Eli mod and that is $400 right there.

#4573 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I'd try to make a deal with Gov for his blinged out Pro before I'd spend $5900 for a nearly stock one. $5900 is high for nearly stock. You will want the Eli mod and that is $400 right there.

I saw that listing, and will bring it up to my friend. However, he is my friend and he plays in my League. So, it is right here, and I appreciate him offering it to me first - he knew how badly I wanted the damn thing.

Eli, yes. Arcade, yes. Clean dishes and do laundry until awesome wife forgets I bought Tron then buy mods, yes.

#4574 8 years ago

Since he is your friend, what did he pay for it? If he paid that much himself and you want to avoid risk, go for it. My Tron Pro (3rd Run, Eli mod, Shaker, Arcade mod, Rails, Armor, Light Cycles, Sideboard Decals), purchased roughly 11 months ago was $4650. It was purely a business transaction and I know I got a good deal. If I ever need to sell it, I probably won't lose any money. You pay ~$6K for a stock Tron Pro and need to sell it, you are probably going to lose some money.

#4575 8 years ago

Yeah, true that. These are running $6,500 NIB now. My buddy told me, and I had spoken with the Distributor he bought from, and that's what he told me, too.

I hear ya. I don't plan on selling, but if I had to sell I'd lose out on money, and may not have made the best decision based on dollars.

Damn you, Tron, you cloud my vision!

#4576 8 years ago

If he's your buddy, then you are his buddy. What did he pay for it? Come to something agreeable based on that, not what a new one is worth now. You pay $6K for a Tron Pro, you will probably lose at least $1K if you ever need to sell it. Not trying to be a dick, but that's a fact.

#4577 8 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Folks - I'm cash in hand, going to buy my buddy's Tron. Opened out of the box within the past 2 months, I think it's the last edition with cars instead of cycles on the ramps, 500 plays, LED adjustments, just cleaned and re-rubbered. Asking was $6k, I offered $5,800, and he wants to settle on $5,900. What say y'all on the fair price?
He installed a shaker. I'm not a fan of shakers in general, but did y'all install one? Is it beneficial to the game, or should I hock it for ~$100?
I'm really excited! I've wanted this game since it came out, but didn't really have the coin until now.
Just hours to go until it's set up in my place!

Congrats on a great pin!!!....buying from a friend is cool...just do the best you can to keep the deal "business"..a win/ win so you stay friends ....owning a TRON is a win, period.....based on the negotiation you shared, seems like a good deal....enjoy.....join Flank's Club ( oh wait, you're already posting here..)..avoid lamps....and definitely keep the shaker!!!....mark

#4578 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Since he is your friend, what did he pay for it? If he paid that much himself and you want to avoid risk, go for it. My Tron Pro (3rd Run, Eli mod, Shaker, Arcade mod, Rails, Armor, Light Cycles, Sideboard Decals), purchased roughly 11 months ago was $4650. It was purely a business transaction and I know I got a good deal. If I ever need to sell it, I probably won't lose any money. You pay ~$6K for a stock Tron Pro and need to sell it, you are probably going to lose some money.

You got more than a good deal, someone gave you a stupid good deal!

#4579 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You got more than a good deal, someone gave you a stupid good deal!

It was a stupid good deal, but truly I'm not a new pin buyer. It was a stretch for me to pay anything north of $3K for a pin, but I really like Tron so I waited for the price to come down and I stretched (for me anyways). Does anybody here really think $5900 is a good price for a slightly used, stock Tron Pro? I just don't think so.

#4580 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It was a stupid good deal, but truly I'm not a new pin buyer. It was a stretch for me to pay anything north of $3K for a pin, but I really like Tron so I waited for the price to come down and I stretched (for me anyways). Does anybody here really think $5900 is a good price for a slightly used, stock Tron Pro? I just don't think so.

I agree that I would expect several nice mods for $5900, but what you got your modded Tron for is not representative of what the going rate is.

#4581 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I agree that I would expect several nice mods for $5900, but what you got your modded Tron for is not representative of what the going rate is.

I totally agree. Mine was an extremely good deal. Just offering an example of what was possible within the last year.

#4582 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Guess my point was.....OP already offered his friend $5800.00 for it, and from what he said, hasn't been played a whole lot, so should be in great shape.....definitely not an amazing deal ( like what you got) but not terrible...plus he's staring at it, meaning no shipping, packing, etc. Probably sink $1k in mods eventually, and enjoy the hell out of it for hopefully a long time...

#4583 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Guess my point was.....OP already offered his friend $5800.00 for it, and from what he said, hasn't been played a whole lot, so should be in great shape.....definitely not an amazing deal ( like what you got) but not terrible...plus he's staring at it, meaning no shipping, packing, etc. Probably sink $1k in mods eventually, and enjoy the hell out of it for hopefully a long time...

I'll leave it at this, even $5800 for a slightly used Tron Pro is a pretty terrible deal. If you have money to burn, go for it, but if $1K means anything to you, don't. If you are considering selling a shaker to recoup a $100, then a grand probably means something to you.That's the last I'll say. Good luck!

#4584 8 years ago

I super appreciate all of your responses!! I'll keep everyone posted!

#4585 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You got it dirt cheap that is not the regular price. While this deal in question is by no means a steal it's not crazy either. $5300-5700 is right about what stock HUO TRONs go for.

#4586 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

$5400-5800 is right about what stock HUO TRONs go for.

Really? Based on what? That blinged out pro should have been sold within minutes if that was the case. I guess I shouldn't argue, yeah $10K by Christmas........

#4587 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I'd try to make a deal with Gov for his blinged out Pro before I'd spend $5900 for a nearly stock one

This man is wise, listen to him

#4588 8 years ago

No price is too high for your own Tron pin. Doooooooo it

#4589 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Really? Based on what? That blinged out pro should have been sold within minutes if that was the case. I guess I shouldn't argue, yeah $10K by Christmas........

Lol because right around when you bought a friend of mine sold a blinged out pro. Guy paid right around $6600 shipped. Some people don't seem to understand that just because they get a good deal doesn't mean it's the standard price. Same goes for high sale prices. Just because one does not sell quick doesn't mean all don't sell quick. I'm sorry but it's a fact that if your pin is as described you got a great deal that most don't/won't get.

Quoted from mcluvin:

I wish you treated Kevin like you are treating me right now. You might have saved a lot of people a lot of money. Live and learn huh?

Pretty lame of you to say man.

#4590 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Hoping OP already has it !!! think he was going to get it and hopefully show pics soon " hours from being in his place" ( not exact quote, but close enough)...TROOOOON!!!!

#4591 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Lol because right around when you bought a friend of mine sold a blinged out pro. Guy paid right around $6600 shipped.

I never said the price I paid was the standard price. I very much understand the price I paid was extremely good. I merely offered an example of a real price paid within the last 12 months. I think $6800 shipped for a truly blinged out pro sounds pretty good vs a stock pro for $5900. Though I'd aim for tron pro + eli + arcade mod for less than $6K and figure the rest out later.

I wish you treated Kevin like you are treating me right now. You might have saved a lot of people a lot of money. Live and learn huh?

#4592 8 years ago

$9,999 by thanksgiving !!

#4593 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you gotta find more pins & vids that i can come shopping at your casa for

once the oil field picks back up and I get some cash flow again I can start buying games again instead of sell them all off to cover bills.

#4594 8 years ago

$5400-5800 is right about what stock HUO TRONs go for? Yeah, they'll never remake this title.

#4595 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

a lot of truth in that statement...

#4596 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

$5400-5800 is right about what stock HUO TRONs go for? Yeah, they'll never remake this title.

Wouldn't that be the best reason to remake them? If Trons are sustaining a high price for stock games that would mean there is a market, right? Supply and demand.

#4597 8 years ago

Good deal, not great, but you know the source - take it! And keep the shaker - so good in this game, especially disc m-ball!

#4598 8 years ago

I would keep the shaker and immediately add Eli's kit. It really does make a huge difference. In fact I will say this.....it is the best improvement I have ever made to any pin.

#4599 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Wouldn't that be the best reason to remake them? If Trons are sustaining a high price for stock games that would mean there is a market, right? Supply and demand.

Yes...Agree 100%. Apparently my sarcasm wasn't thick enough.

#4600 8 years ago

Tron is in the building!

I am happy with the purchase. My buddy JD does a great job with the lights, and he really cares for the games he buys, for the month or so he keeps them. So, 550 plays, balls replaced 3 times (last time 2 days ago), and re-rubbered (also 2 days ago).

I appreciate all of your sentiments, and if I've helped produce the VE with my purchase price, then so be it. If I lose $$ on the purchase, which hasn't hurt my feelings in the past, I'll still have Tron.

It's a bit surreal, I've wanted this one for a long time. Now to chores... after a game(s), of course!

IMG_4720.jpgIMG_4720.jpg

IMG_3102.jpegIMG_3102.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.