(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,251 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg

There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 186.
#4501 3 years ago

TRamp

#4502 3 years ago

if the tron lamp t-shirt doesnt work out... we could always go with this theme

etlamp.jpg

Quoted from centerflank:

Im thinking we need a TRON>Lamp t-shirt made up for the group so we can identify each other at shows...thoughts?

#4504 3 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

if the tron lamp t-shirt doesnt work out... we could always go with this theme
etlamp.jpg

If only ET was in Tron,

but the fact of the matter is,... I love Tron more than ET lamp

#4505 3 years ago

Pic for the shirt should be...
A Tron character playing Tron Pinball next to Lionman playing SOF(w/his head sliced off from an identity disk) . And then a large "Lamp" over the whole scene.
Wait... that might be too much

#4506 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Pic for the shirt should be...
A Tron character playing Tron Pinball next to Lionman playing SOF(w/his head sliced off from an identity disk) . And then a large "Lamp" over the whole scene.
Wait... that might be too much

NOT WAY TOO MUCH, This!!!!! I would pay $20 for that, maybe put the lamp over the SOF...

even though I own and love both of those games, LOL

#4507 3 years ago

what about sam flynn holding that lamp up above his head ??

#4508 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

NOT WAY TOO MUCH, This!!!!!

Then maybe have a whole bunch of main characters from selective pinball machine, playing their own pinball title (Ringmaster from CV, Gunslinger from CC, Kevin from Predator, and so on...) all w/ sliced off heads from an identity disc, under a lamp. And the only one that hasn't lost his head would be a Tron character playing Tron.
I only propose this b/c I don't want to single out Lionman . That's one hefty thread.

#4509 3 years ago

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 7.30.55 PM.png

#4510 3 years ago

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 7.37.01 PM.png

#4511 3 years ago

Flank that is a start but we can do better than that. I am sure someone can come up with a cheap cool T-Shirt Idea. Guys give Flank some ideas. one thing I personally don't like about the first one is the Suck it and I would add something to show that its Tron PINBALL not just Tron in general.

#4512 3 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

one thing I personally don't like about the first one is the Suck it

What if I put an arrow pointing down under the "Suck It"?

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 8.23.39 PM.png

#4513 3 years ago

That is what I am talking about!! LOL

#4514 3 years ago

Any way to quiet the disc motor? Mine is becoming obnoxiously loud.

#4515 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Any way to quiet the disc motor? Mine is becoming obnoxiously loud.

I asked the same thing to Stern. Chas told me to put some 123 all purpose oil (a few drops) around the motor shaft. It helped a little.

#4516 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im thinking we need a TRON>Lamp t-shirt made up for the group so we can identify each other at shows...thoughts?

Agreed!!!....I'm in for sure......TPF will be my first show, and must unite and drink ( semi heavy) w fellow Troniacs!!!

#4517 3 years ago
Quoted from marcd:

I asked the same thing to Stern. Chas told me to put some 123 all purpose oil (a few drops) around the motor shaft. It helped a little.

You should try 3 in 1 instead. I kicks 123's ass.

#4518 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

You should try 3 in 1 instead. I kicks 123's ass.

Gee... I should have looked at the bottle before posting.

Here is what you need.

10035wd.jpg

#4519 3 years ago

I use the 3-IN-ONE oil in the Blue can.

I also use this oil in my Antique Western Electric Brass Fan.

I had read that the Red label 3-IN-ONE oil contains Naptha. Naptha supposedly gets dirt/dust in suspension and when it evaporates, dirt is left on the bearing surfaces which is not good for bearing life. This is the reason why oils containing naptha and detergents are not recommended for electric fan motors.

Both the red and blue label 3-IN-ONE oils are non-detergent oils.

IMG_7377.PNG

Zoom Turbine oil is another oil that I use. The bottle has a built in telescoping thin tube to allow you to get into hard to reach areas.

IMG_7379.jpg

#4520 3 years ago

A long long time ago
There was a defender of Tron...

image.jpg

#4521 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

A long long time ago
There was a defender of Tron...
image.jpg

Love the storm trooper lamp!

#4522 3 years ago

Suck it, Zach Braff.

Super Troopers 2, the sequel to the ever-quotable 2001 cop comedy, earned $4.4 million on Indiegogo in 30 days, or “42 percent more than the $3.1 million for Zach Braff’s Wish I Was Here.” Most people would be content in the knowledge that they bested the Garden State star and writer, but not Broken Lizard — they won, and after years of speculation, they’re putting the money to good use… actually making Super Troopers 2. The cast, including The Desk guests Jay Chandrasekhar and Steve Lemme, have been taking photos from the set in Massachusetts to prove, no, really, this is finally happening.

The time is meow!

There’s no official plot description yet (all we know is that the sequel will take place a few months after the original), but don’t worry, the boys did promise “more male nudity.” That long 14-year wait will be worth it the first time (I assume it will happen many times) Farva dips his junk into a liter of cola. That’s actually where most of the $4.4 million budget went to.

Liters of cola ain’t cheap. Couldn’t have done it without the fans.

Ps. Meow go play Tron !

image.jpg

#4523 3 years ago

TVbkq2A.jpg

#4524 3 years ago

Ohhhh, me, me, I do, I do!

#4525 3 years ago

For those using a ColorDMD in Tron, what settings are you using. I am waiting for full colorization like everyone else, but in the meantime what are you using for your Sigma color, scaling, brightness, etc. Thanks.

#4526 3 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

For those using a ColorDMD in Tron, what settings are you using. I am waiting for full colorization like everyone else, but in the meantime what are you using for your Sigma color, scaling, brightness, etc. Thanks.

ive got mine on smoothing mode, and tie it in w serial cable to my speaker light kit, so it slowly cycles/fades through rgb (mostly light/dark blue, then purple, a short red/orange) looks badass.....

#4527 3 years ago

Hmmm. That sounds cool. I have a speaker light kit too. I am not sure how to tie them together. Do you have any instructions?

#4528 3 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Hmmm. That sounds cool. I have a speaker light kit too. I am not sure how to tie them together. Do you have any instructions?

Real easy....they sell the cable that simply plugs into the serial port of the color DMD and speaker light kit...think it was around $12....

#4529 3 years ago

Here's the link :

http://www.colordmd.com/ColorChange.html

Think I bought the cable from speaker light kits...I'll look for that link...

#4530 3 years ago

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/.......can't get the " accessories " page to open on this damn iPad....pretty sure this is where I got the cable.....highly recommend!!!

#4531 3 years ago

Its fun to look back in time to see who thumbs down a thread just because they are butthurt.

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 8.52.01 PM.png

#4532 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its fun to look back in time to see who thumbs down a thread just because they are butthurt.
Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 8.52.01 PM.png

Ha hahahahaha, how did I know mr. Skywalker would be in there

image.png

#4533 3 years ago

Man...I forgot to thumbs up the 1st post!!!...just fixed...hopefully, this does not cost me too many club points ( do we even get points?.... )

#4534 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man...I forgot to thumbs up the 1st post!!!...just fixed...hopefully, this does not cost me too many club points ( do we even get points?.... )

Yes, 1000 points and you get a free lamp.

#4535 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yes, 1000 points and you get a free lamp.

Excellent!!!....and to think the loyalty was in vain.....

#4536 3 years ago

Wait, I can make the butt hurting stop just by downvoting this thread? I've been living with ass pain all of this time for no reason?!

#4537 3 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Wait, I can make the butt hurting stop just by downvoting this thread? I've been living with ass pain all of this time for no reason?!

Sorta, you do have to move to Doucheville, Il. if that happens.

#4538 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sorta, you do have to move to Doucheville, Il. if that happens.

Sorry, we're all outta room in Doucheville. Please check back later.
Have a nice day

#4539 3 years ago

Yeah, Doucheville has its own state. Although most people still refer to it as "Texas".

#4540 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yeah, Doucheville has its own state. Although most people still refer to it as "Texas".

Good chance I will be in Texas in June, I'll give a full report on that upon my return

#4541 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

........The
douchEville
.......eXpects
.........Absolute
.....pinSanity

#4542 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Good chance I will be in Texas in June, I'll give a full report on that upon my return

Don't forget there's a little evil "deep in the heart of doucheville" ♪ ♬

#4543 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Don't forget there's a little evil "deep in the heart of doucheville" ♪ ♬
» YouTube video

Make sure you are in town when I roll out there, Ill keep you posted on the dates.

We can go around to locations and drag our balls all over everything we come across.

902529.jpg

#4544 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Make sure you are in town when I roll out there, Ill keep you posted on the dates.
We can go around to locations and drag our balls all over everything we come across.
902529.jpg

Lockbar Tea Baggers pin-pub crawl.

#4545 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If you come to my neck of the desert the only games to play are at my house

#4546 3 years ago

Arlington is where Becky's teaching that week, so that area

#4548 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dallas? =P

*edit*

Quoted from centerflank:

Arlington is where Becky's teaching that week, so that area

Awwww yeah. You're gonna have to stop by. I live near Richardson/Garland.

#4549 3 years ago

South Africa in tha house of Tron lovefest

#4550 3 years ago

You will be mine before the weekend is over.... Oh yes... You will be mine...

image.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 50.00
There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside