IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 233.
#4451 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Seems Op in this thread is going for TRON, but called it his best "compromise"
Flank, you may have to review his desire to join your Club carefully...

We all know that Q*Bert is Labnip's #1.

#4454 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Seems Op in this thread is going for TRON, but called it his best "compromise"
Flank, you may have to review his desire to join your Club carefully...

He will have to pass a lengthy English reading and comprehension test

#4455 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Excellent!!!....."compromise" doesn't equal"TRON".....lmao......good stuff!!!....mark

#4456 8 years ago

trying to join the club. What is a fair price range to pay for a NIB Tron pro with the 3d translite and the high def decals (including girls translite)?

#4457 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

We all know that Q*Bert is Labnip's #1.

My precious !!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4458 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well hell... Glad I snuck in via the grandfodder klaus

#4459 8 years ago

very kewl qbert lego bro..... is this a promo from pixels or something??

Quoted from labnip:

My precious !!
image.jpg

#4460 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

very kewl qbert lego bro..... is this a promo from pixels or something??

Yeah. It's like mini-sized Lego knock-offs. Took it to work & haven't put it together yet.

#4461 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Yeah. It's like mini-sized Lego knock-offs. Took it to work & haven't put it together yet.

nothing like playing with toys at work

#4462 8 years ago

Boom... Toys,,, Legos

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4463 8 years ago

I spent the week doing some final tweaks to get the lighting effects synced and colored well. Overall, I really like it. For anyone that says "too much" -- go get some more cowbell in your life. Actually, you are probably right -- this ain't for old eyes.

As always -- code is open source and available for download: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches

Take it, use it, and modify it to your liking. Oh yeah, if anyone wants Pinduinos, PM Rock914 -- he picked up the open source board files and is getting them produced!

#4464 8 years ago

Any Tronsiders at expo?

#4465 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Any Tronsiders at expo?

No, but I taste tested Trilogy Beers Oatmeal Stout that will be tapped in his beer game at Explosion tonight, thumbs up!

#4466 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I spent the week doing some final tweaks ...

i always said that a pro will never be a LE...
now i must admit that yours is a real blast, fantastic job on the lightning

#4467 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I spent the week doing some final tweaks to get the lighting effects synced and colored well. Overall, I really like it. For anyone that says "too much" -- go get some more cowbell in your life. Actually, you are probably right -- this ain't for old eyes.
» YouTube video
As always -- code is open source and available for download: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches
Take it, use it, and modify it to your liking. Oh yeah, if anyone wants Pinduinos, PM Rock914 -- he picked up the open source board files and is getting them produced!

I like how the GI changes colour more then I like the ramps. I think the Ramps are awesome but I really love the colour changing GI!

#4468 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I like how the GI changes colour more then I like the ramps. I think the Ramps are awesome but I really love the colour changing GI!

Yeah -- the GI is pretty neat. The GI and the Ramps are controlled separately, so you can just install the GI and skip the ramps (or keep Eli's tubes). I have instructions for how to install the GI: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q4ocskLaG9377kGTRL-7TVRDCNNiFv-U_TAz9zaoilE

That document uses an IM, but I followed the same procedure for Tron. Pretty easy to do.

#4469 8 years ago

Ya, the GI is what I would be after since I already have Eli's mod installed.

#4470 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Ya, the GI is what I would be after since I already have Eli's mod installed.

Here's a little bit of the total lightshow version in development. I'm going for lock in with Eli's ramps. Plus some of the effects I built for Met. Just GI.

#4471 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Here's a little bit of the total lightshow version in development. I'm going for lock in with Eli's ramps. Plus some of the effects I built for Met. Just GI.
» YouTube video

Nice work! Any chance you will open source your code and make it available for the entire community? I hate seeing all this close sourced stuff.

EDIT: All of TB's lighting work is excellent -- not a dig on the quality of what he has done in any way! But I am poking him to open source his stuff -- which needs to be done if he (or anyone who will be selling kits) is using GPL code (e.g., https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_NeoPixel).

#4472 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Nice work! Any chance you will open source your code and make it available for the entire community? I hate seeing all this close sourced stuff.

At this point I don't even know if I'll even get it finished, lol. I have no problem putting my game code out there. It's hard to open up the hardware though as its a custom build. And for my game code to work it requires all the lamps and switches in entirety to lock into modes properly.

#4473 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

At this point I don't even know if I'll even get it finished, lol. I have no problem putting my game code out there. It's hard to open up the hardware though as its a custom build. And for my game code to work it requires all the lamps and switches in entirety to lock into modes properly.

Come on, man! Your work is outstanding, but it is hard to do it alone.

I've found that when you open your code, people help develop new things. For the Pinduino, people have ported it to games our little team didn't have and did some incredible things that, in turn, feed the community and our ideas. Our Pinduino was a "custom built" board. We could have integrated one of the Arduino AtMel chips, but it didn't make sense for what we wanted to do at the time. I was crushed by how much work assembling kits and distribution was, and my time to innovate suffered. Now that we've had our "fun" doing kit assembly and distribution (and selling out of product) nothing is better than open sourcing everything and have someone in the community who can do the distribution take it on. That leave me time to go back to innovating (see Tron).

Seriously, since I am out of the production side of things, I have no dog in the fight EXECPT to see the community continue to innovate. Your stuff is great, and 99% of people who want it, are not DIY. Those who are, will help take it to the next level, which will mean more people will want your kits.

But in the end, it is up to you.

#4474 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I was crushed by how much work assembling kits and distribution was,

Could not agree more with this statement.

Quoted from lyonsden:

But I am poking him to open source his stuff -- which needs to be done if he (or anyone who will be selling kits) is using GPL code

Also agree. Rest assured there is not one open source component used in my stuff.

My goals are very specific. I am into mode locking. I don't want to compete in the general lighting arena. I actually don't want to compete at all. I just want to make blinky lights, lol. I want, on a personal level to see if it is actually possible to blend completely into the machine. I also don't realistically think I can make a commercial venture out of this. Like most here, it is love of pinball and love of learning that is driving me. Any game I approach is first and foremost an expression of what I want for myself. I honestly can't imagine having the energy to get more than three or four games done, ever, before I drop off the perch. It's too demanding to wring every drop of behaviour out of the machine. If I can drop a few kits into a few folks' machines along the way then happy days, but I can't imagine we are talking meaningfully large numbers here.

#4475 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I want, on a personal level to see if it is actually possible to blend completely into the machine.

Do it! Just be careful of anyone named MCP or Clu . . .

#4476 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Yeah -- the GI is pretty neat. The GI and the Ramps are controlled separately, so you can just install the GI and skip the ramps (or keep Eli's tubes). I have instructions for how to install the GI: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q4ocskLaG9377kGTRL-7TVRDCNNiFv-U_TAz9zaoilE
That document uses an IM, but I followed the same procedure for Tron. Pretty easy to do.

Can I do this with the LE?

#4477 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Can I do this with the LE?

Totally.

Basically, the process breaks down to:

1. Take out existing GI: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q4ocskLaG9377kGTRL-7TVRDCNNiFv-U_TAz9zaoilE/edit

2. Insert string of addressable LEDS ($18): ebay.com link: 50PCS WS2811 RGB Full Color 12mm Pixels digital Addressable LED String DC 5V FA

3. Install addressable LED strips on ramps, apron, and backpanel (~3-4M, $10/M == 60LED/M with waterproof tubing): ebay.com link: WS2812B 5050 RGB LED Strip 5M 150 300 Leds 144 60LED M Individual Addressable 5V

Instructions for apron/backpanel: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1flqpWpg-yn98aAIjPoJgZX-o_H5LMovO5QdyXzAD88U/

Instructions for Ramps: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-92hFK-thzwbwE26TGUZpPNOz5DplxB-WP3Eg98yD78/

4. Install 2x Arduinos with 2xPinduino (or something else)

--Arduino Megas are ~$8 ebay.com link: Arduino Compatible Atmega2560 16AU CH340G ATMEGA 2560 R3 Board Mega2560 R3

--Pinduino: PM Rock914

--Instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y68ZkTQ2VHid4RKTt7BpwDiLYukaT8Dqg48kC-UWgqU/

5. Make/Install wiring harnesses for power, LEDs, and intercepting J6/J7.

--Instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y68ZkTQ2VHid4RKTt7BpwDiLYukaT8Dqg48kC-UWgqU/

6. Program the Arduinos:

--Instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xk9QtnBrs58lnKNAFGCy8bAlQ9cdEmo1Trk4WAJEpYM/

#4478 8 years ago

I know Mezel sells wholesale mods to other shops, but it's still kind of really surreal to see a mod that was my idea on Bay Area Amusements..

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-TRON-BANKTARGET&Store_Code=BAA

#4479 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I know Mezel sells wholesale mods to other shops, but it's still kind of really surreal to see a mod that was my idea on Bay Area Amusements..
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-TRON-BANKTARGET&Store_Code=BAA

It's a good one, one of my favourites! Thanks for the idea! Now just come up with a few more

#4480 8 years ago

First thing I noticed at explosion. Those Bar Stools upstairs are OUSTANDING!

#4481 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

First thing I noticed at explosion. Those Bar Stools upstairs are OUSTANDING!

Dude, you were up there yesterday? My wife and I were running the bar, how did we not meet?

#4482 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Any Tronsiders at expo?

I'm there in spirit

#4483 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dude, you were up there yesterday? My wife and I were running the bar, how did we not meet?

Yeah, barely got upstairs because of security. I told the guy at the bottom of the stairs about Tron and some other stuff... and access was granted. Your wife made a kick ass gin and tonic. I was super hung over from drinking shots of Malort the night before, so I was in no shape to communicate. GREAT TIME!

#4484 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I'm there in spirit

Tpf bro, Tpf

#4485 8 years ago

i'm soooooooooo there !!

#4486 8 years ago

Expensive Topper but slick! Hot Toys is the maker..No batteries now, wired it up to a 5volt power supply that turns on with the game. Fun stuff

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg
image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#4487 8 years ago

Joined the club today.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#4488 8 years ago

took some more photos tonight.. She is one pretty lady.

tron-01244.jpgtron-01244.jpg
tron-01247.jpgtron-01247.jpg
tron-01253.jpgtron-01253.jpg
tron-01259.jpgtron-01259.jpg
tron-01274.jpgtron-01274.jpg

#4489 8 years ago

Im thinking we need a TRON>Lamp t-shirt made up for the group so we can identify each other at shows...thoughts?

#4490 8 years ago

Anyone interested in a cheap subwoofer? I pulled this out an old TV I dismantled today, $5 plus shipping or free pickup and you drink my beer......not sure how well this would work as its not a powered woofer, I just don't have a game I want to put it on.

IMG_0885.jpgIMG_0885.jpg

#4491 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im thinking we need a TRON>Lamp t-shirt made up for the group so we can identify each other at shows...thoughts?

Yes, it needs to be the most amazing tron t shirt ever

"I love it more than lamp, enough said"
"I'm in the club, users"

#4492 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yes, I would buy one. But there would have to be a Canadian discount for the crazy shipping prices up here

#4493 8 years ago

Yes, I would buy one. But there would have to be a Canadian discount for the crazy shipping prices up here

Maybe a US based printer, and a CDN based printer (or individual) could distribute the shirts?

#4494 8 years ago

Double price for Canadiens, sorry.... Triple the mount on shipping for having to fill out a customs form.

#4495 8 years ago

Need one by Texas pinball fest. What can I do to help?

#4496 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Double price for Canadiens, sorry.... Triple the mount on shipping for having to fill out a customs form.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4497 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4498 8 years ago

Very nice Labnip, but that lamp should be de-rezzing because Tron has "killed" it.

#4499 8 years ago

Tron, Lamp... haha Thats pretty cool

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.