IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 233.
#4401 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Dang you, I can't put that in my LE!

You can put these in if you want (esp. the GI and backpanel/apron lights), but the LE is pretty perfect as it is. At one point I had Eli's kit and addressable LEDs installed on the ramps at the same time. However, the LEDs make Eli's kit barely noticeable (especially during with daylight), so I ended up taking off the light tubes. Here is a video showing an earlier install (very early pinduino code, too, so the diversity of effects are minimal) with the LEDs on the bottom of the ramps (as opposed to on the sides as they are now.)

#4402 8 years ago

I use GOOP for gluing cracked plastics and it works well and nearly invisible bond. Glue it and enjoy it at least until you find a replacement plastic. You may find someone else that bought a set for a couple of plastics and have the one you need.

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I had a plastic break on my home use only Tron pro. It's # "-09" it goes in the area to the right of the left ramp and to the left of the Quorra spinner (picture below).
I contacted Stern and they said they didn't have any extras and that I'd have to buy an entire set to get a replacement. Anyone know where I could get a replacement for just this piece?
What's frustrating is I have an entire pinbits protector set on this game but of course this piece didn't have a protector for it...

#4403 8 years ago

I broke a plastic on my cv that I didn't want to replace, so I heated both parts up with a butane torch and glued them back together...

I gradually heated both broken pieces and then slightly focused on the broken edges, I had the butane torch sitting on a table and used both hands, there was a slight warp of the place where the break was, but no one will ever know unless I show them. Maybe temporarily you can do the same?

#4404 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

You can put these in if you want (esp. the GI and backpanel/apron lights), but the LE is pretty perfect as it is. At one point I had Eli's kit and addressable LEDs installed on the ramps at the same time. However, the LEDs make Eli's kit barely noticeable (especially during with daylight), so I ended up taking off the light tubes. Here is a video showing an earlier install (very early pinduino code, too, so the diversity of effects are minimal) with the LEDs on the bottom of the ramps (as opposed to on the sides as they are now.)
» YouTube video

Very cool!

#4405 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

..., but the LE is pretty perfect as it is. ...

#4406 8 years ago

Tron LE is perfection.

I'd happily trade my pro, with all the upgrades and time sunk into its custom mods, for an LE. Then I'd rip off the light tubes on the LE, install addressable LEDs, and enjoy some drop targets and daft punk multiball with ridiculous lighting effects.

In the meanwhile, here are some more updates to the code on my lowly pro (all pushed to GitHub):

#4407 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

daft punk multiball

Good luck getting that!

Chime in LE owners, how often do you get Daft Punk multi at stock setting?

#4408 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Good luck getting that!

Big fat ZERO, however it taunts me every day

#4409 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Big fat ZERO, however it taunts me every day

Its tough, Ive been at Banger Jays and seen MANY people play his and zero daft punk multis.......granted he has all powerballs in his so it plays wicked but yeah, brutal multi to start, almost aggravating.

#4410 8 years ago

I've gotten very close at least a dozen times

#4411 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I've gotten very close at least a dozen times

Close and a quarter could buy you a cup of coffee.....or something like that. My high school football coach said that line often.

#4412 8 years ago

Daft Punk Multibal "Is the shit right there".
I've gotten it a few times (more then extra ball) and its progressive.

#4413 8 years ago

I do have one question about the LE's that I don't get.

Why do the recognizer lights on the playfield not match the movement of the recognizer?

Is there a reason for this?

#4414 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Good luck getting that!

With or without the playfield glass on ?

#4415 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Good luck getting that!

Wait -- so the only real-world difference in game-play between the pro and the LE are stand up vs. drop targets for TRON?

Otherwise, the differences are the plaque, light tubes, moving recognizer, stock LEDs, and chrome?

#4416 8 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

I do have one question about the LE's that I don't get.
Why do the recognizer lights on the playfield not match the movement of the recognizer?
Is there a reason for this?

Early code? I remember this being a thing early on when I had the game, then a code update resolving (if memory serves me correctly).

Re: Daft Punk multiball - never saw it in the 2.5 years I had the game, took the glass off for a quick look before selling.

Also, since selling the game and going through a bunch of others in an attempt to recreate that great feeling I got from Tron, have realized that there is only one Tron and I should have never sold it. Best game ever (for me). Will definitely be buying again sooner than later.

#4417 8 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Early code? I remember this being a thing early on when I had the game, then a code update resolving (if memory serves me correctly).
Re: Daft Punk multiball - never saw it in the 2.5 years I had the game, took the glass off for a quick look before selling.
Also, since selling the game and going through a bunch of others in an attempt to recreate that great feeling I got from Tron, have realized that there is only one Tron and I should have never sold it. Best game ever (for me). Will definitely be buying again sooner than later.

My buddy who owned the LE changed the DAFT completions to 1 instead of 2. Makes it alot more achievable for the 'average' player....

#4418 8 years ago

I changed the the daft punk multiball to light after 4 shots up each ramp instead of 8 and now get it quite often. Just hooked up an external sub so I'm looking forward to hear what happens the next time I hit that multiball. Unfortunately I still have not made it to portal. I've gotten so close so often. It's killing me

#4419 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Good luck getting that!

No need to visit that subject.....like another's comment about changing ramp settings....anything.....easily shortest ball times of any machine I own, but that's what makes it so damn amazing....

#4420 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Daft Punk Multibal "Is the shit right there".
I've gotten it a few times (more then extra ball) and its progressive.
» YouTube video

What prevents just changing the Rom on a Pro to include the Daft Punk Multi Ball?

#4421 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

What prevents just changing the Rom on a Pro to include the Daft Punk Multi Ball?

That's a hell of a question, and I want to know the answer why this can't be done?

#4422 8 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

My buddy who owned the LE changed the DAFT completions to 1 instead of 2. Makes it alot more achievable for the 'average' player...

And I've left it on 1 completion for Daft Punk and it definitely makes it more achievable. Don't think I'd see it much at all if I had it on 2 completions.

Also forgot I had done that vid of Daft Punk multiball, that's my machine a few posts up!

#4423 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

That's a hell of a question, and I want to know the answer why this can't be done?

I'm guessing because stern only wanted it in the LE

Quoted from kporter946286:

You need an LE Rom, which will only work in the LE

At least I'm 99.99% sure

#4424 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

At least I'm 99.99% sure

LE code won't work in a pro. 100%. Sadly enough.

#4425 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

LE code won't work in a pro. 100%. Sadly enough.

Why? Can't be that much different. Can't someone make a Home use ROM? With all the talent on this site you would think that this would be a piece of cake. It can't be Hardware that is holding this up other than a few drop targets.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4426 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

At least I'm 99.99% sure

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4428 8 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

And I've left it on 1 completion for Daft Punk and it definitely makes it more achievable. Don't think I'd see it much at all if I had it on 2 completions.
Also forgot I had done that vid of Daft Punk multiball, that's my machine a few posts up!

Loving to hear this!!!!...changing mine tonight when I get home from work.....

#4429 8 years ago

So with all this talk of changing settings, I'm not seeing a daft punk multi ball setting in features menu....says" ver. 1.74 / TRON LE sys 1.63/ hdw.1 " in service menu and see pic of rom below...is all good?image.jpegimage.jpeg

#4430 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So with all this talk of changing settings, I'm not seeing a daft punk multi ball setting in features menu....says ver. 1.74 on boot, and see pic of rom below...is all good?

To change it this is all you need to do:

1) Go into the "GAME" adjustments (this is the feature adjustments, 2nd one over on the left).

2) Go to # 19 "1st end of the line M.B. letters" and change it to 1 (default is 2).

You're done!

If you want you can also change feature # 20 which is for second or more times around. Minimum you can set it to is 4 times and I've never managed to start Daft Punk twice in the same game.

#4431 8 years ago

It's called something else in the menu. Maybe end of line multiball. I forget what exactly....but its in there...

#4432 8 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

To change it this is all you need to do:
1) Go into the "GAME" adjustments (this is the feature adjustments, 2nd one over on the left).
2) Go to # 19 "1st end of the line M.B. letters" and change it to 1 (default is 2).
You're done!
If you want you can also change feature # 20 which is for second or more times around. Minimum you can set it to is 4 times and I've never managed to start Daft Punk twice in the same game.

Got it...mine was on "2" and "8".....THANK YOU!!!....time to see if I can finally get there.....mark

#4433 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Got it...mine was on "2" and "8".....THANK YOU!!!....time to see if I can finally get there.....mark

You're welcome!

#4434 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

TRON LE is perfection.
I'd happily trade my pro, with all the upgrades and time sunk into its custom mods, for an LE. Then I'd rip off the light tubes on the LE, install addressable LEDs, and enjoy some drop targets and daft punk multiball with ridiculous lighting effects.
In the meanwhile, here are some more updates to the code on my lowly pro (all pushed to GitHub):
» YouTube video

Great job with the LEDs on the ramps! Speaking of LEDs, what kind are you using underneath the disc area? Are those just color changers?

#4435 8 years ago

I just set my pro to light up portal after 1 recognizer bank hit

#4436 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just set my pro to light up portal after 1 recognizer bank hit

You might get it one day soon then Flank.

#4437 8 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

You're welcome!

That was the trick!!!...just got it!!!...didn't make portal, but 86 million, and a freakin blast.....she's letting me in!!!

#4438 8 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Great job with the LEDs on the ramps! Speaking of LEDs, what kind are you using underneath the disc area? Are those just color changers?

Thanks!

For the disc, I have nothing too special. The disc is a clear one from Centerflank with one red and blue flasher LED on each side (same color in opposing corners).

#4439 8 years ago

Aaargh, playing Tron last monday and set a new high score, playing Tron yesterday and she left me stuck with 20M.........

#4440 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Aaargh, playing Tron last monday and set a new high score, playing Tron yesterday and she left me stuck with 20M.........

It's the ciiiiircle of liiife...

#4441 8 years ago

Greetings programs, I have been busy lately and had my head tucked inside some new (to me) pins but made time to power on the big blue T last night and got to SOS on my first game. The ball shot out of the scoop and hit the right flipper in a bad spot, rolled straight up and came back down sdtm. Game over. Not in the cards. Apparently father Flynn and I were not on the same team.

#4442 8 years ago

Just in case this resembles anyone's home life...

At least you're not alone

https://vimeo.com/27268591

#4444 8 years ago

Sheesh....how can TRON be getting slayed by both MET and AC/DC!!!......I call pinball envy...

#4445 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sheesh....how can TRON be getting slayed by both MET and AC/DC!!!......I call pinball envy...

All 3 of them are great games. It isn't like it's losing to Striker Extreme or anything.

#4446 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think we have to normalize the votes by dividing down each by the number manufactured for each.

Then what's the votes look like?

That backs out some of the variable related to quantity of owners who have each pin.

#4447 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I think we have to normalize the votes by dividing down each by the number manufactured for each.
Then what's the votes look like?
That backs out some of the variable related to quantity of owners who have each pin.

Agreed.....didn't think of it this way.....good point....

Yes, all 3 are great pins, but in comparison TRON has more than stood the test of time.....

#4448 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed.....didn't think of it this way.....good point....
Yes, all 3 are great pins, but in comparison TRON has more than stood the test of time.....

which is one of the reasons I own Tron and not met, or acdc... I picked the best

but I still really love to play acadaca when I see one

#4449 8 years ago

Recently sold my AC/DC Premium because I never played it after getting my Tron LE. Still a great game-win, win to have both!!

#4450 8 years ago

Seems Op in this thread is going for TRON, but called it his best "compromise"

Flank, you may have to review his desire to join your Club carefully...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
12,028 (OBO)
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.