(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,251 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg

There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 186.
#4302 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I totally get the popular view on this. This is one pro that stands tall, very tall, when compared to its LE brother. The other side of the mirror though is this.. Ask an LE owner if they would trade to a modded pro for some extra cash?
No
Effing
Way

Yup

#4304 3 years ago

Dudes, I just realized how there was such a viral market for TRON. I spotted my badge the other night and I was going to make it a promo plastic key chain. I took a look at it and found a cool website for the events of TRON.
IMG_00002890.jpgIMG_00002888.jpg

If you have trouble with the site then go here and check out the film.
http://www.42entertainment.com/work/flynnlives

#4305 3 years ago

I just 'accidentally' won a Kevin Flynn deluxe disc off ebay...question now will be do I open it or keep it in package? :\

#4306 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I just 'accidentally' won a Kevin Flynn deluxe disc off ebay...question now will be do I open it or keep it in package? :\

Glue it on one of your sweet holiday sweaters

#4307 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Glue it on one of your sweet holiday sweaters

"In case of Santa attack, cut threads."

#4308 3 years ago

This is STILL my favourite use of pinball browser across all my machines. Hard to beat a bit of Jean Michel Jarre. The disc battle music was always the big letdown for me.

#4309 3 years ago

Picked up last week, Gotta admit I love this game. Bought it for my sons but I'm addicted!

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

#4310 3 years ago

The game is crack cocaine ... Both from a gameplay perspective as well as a modding perspective .

#4311 3 years ago

Dear Tron Pinball Superfans,

I'm looking for a good LED flasher to replace the one to the right of arcade scoop on Tron. I want it to be more noticeable when Sea of Simulation or the End of Line jackpots are ready. Thinking something orange since I've got the orange ZEN plastic protector there. Any recommendations?

#4312 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I'm looking for a good LED flasher to replace the one to the right of arcade scoop on Tron. I want it to be more noticeable when Sea of Simulation or the End of Line jackpots are ready. Thinking something orange since I've got the orange ZEN plastic protector there. Any recommendations?

You want one of these. you will definently see it!

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/13smdg18tower.htm

#4313 3 years ago

I actually kept mine incandescent. It's the only bulb that is on my game. It reminds me of the original Flynn arcade sign, even thoUgh the original sign is neon, it looks incandescent from a certain point of view.

#4314 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I actually kept mine incandescent.

I did too, have a blue one there. Didnt like a super bright led flasher there. After playing it so many times I always know when that scoop is ready.

#4315 3 years ago

I kept mine also incandescent after trying various led flashers. The incandescent has a nice afterglow with a real nice dim. The led is more like on and off.

#4316 3 years ago

Yet another vote for incandescent here. I only have two incandescent bulbs in all of my machines. This one and the ringwraith in Lotr.

#4317 3 years ago

Centerflank -
I would like to hear your opinion (compare/contrast to Tron) on Borg's other games - Iron Man in particular...
Thanks

#4318 3 years ago

The exposure of this particular lamp is too direct to the eye. And could burn your eyes if looked directly at

#4319 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Centerflank -
I would like to hear your opinion (compare/contrast to Tron) on Borg's other games - Iron Man in particular...
Thanks

Tron ~ Ironman.....both short ball time games, layout not cluttered with too many things to slow gameplay down. I always disable pop up posts in the outer loop (I did Metallica that way too). Excellent Audio on both, code is great on both, strong themes for both. Ive had 2 ironmans and sold, would buy a 3rd.....TRON has never left the building. TRON just hit the sweet spot for me.

Every category Ive mentioned, I think TRON has an edge over IM. TRON has the better artwork package too but I don't think either has awesome pf artwork, just good enough to not be a distraction.

I don't think they play anything alike though, Ive always been able to really immerse myself into the gameplay of both and never thought they had any real similarities once your fingers are on the flipper buttons. I do like that both have reasonably "easy" modes to progress through to get to mini-wizard modes.

Did that help?

#4320 3 years ago

Thanks guys. Maybe a blue incandescent is the way to go. Bet that'd look great.

#4321 3 years ago

Go for it, post a pic!

#4322 3 years ago

I did exactly that. Looks great. I alternate between the blue and natural. Sometimes I find the blue doesn't stand out enough, and I currently have a natural in for that reason but the blue is definitely more interesting/cooler.

#4323 3 years ago

Flank....know this is an old pic ( stumbled on in another thread)... but help me remember I love TRON more than this lamp:

image.jpg

#4324 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Flank....know this is an old pic ( stumbled on in another thread)... but help me remember I love TRON more than this lamp:
image.jpg

The Lamp is cunning, don't fall for its tricks

#4325 3 years ago

I've always thought the spinners on Tron are a wasted opportunity, especially the one on the Quorra shot which plays a significant part in the game. Has anyone done anything to the spinners to make them more noticeable? They are very dark and I don't believe anyone would even know they are there until pointed out.

I'm thinking of doing 'something' with them, but wondered if anyone has already trodden down that path...

#4326 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The Lamp is cunning, don't fall for its tricks

"I shall not sway...I shall not sway"....thanks for the intervention!!!...

#4327 3 years ago

That's a good lookin lamp, I'm thinking a nice incandescent bulb should go in it

#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That's a good lookin lamp, I'm thinking a nice incandescent bulb should go in it

Agreed....the shading on the wall and partial "cloth/ clothing(?)" on the bottom right makes it all fit nicely. Per flank's advise, I'm refraining from staring at it (too much, anyway)....

#4329 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Tron ~ Ironman.....both short ball time games, layout not cluttered with too many things to slow gameplay down. I always disable pop up posts in the outer loop (I did Metallica that way too). Excellent Audio on both, code is great on both, strong themes for both. Ive had 2 ironmans and sold, would buy a 3rd.....TRON has never left the building. TRON just hit the sweet spot for me.
Every category Ive mentioned, I think TRON has an edge over IM. TRON has the better artwork package too but I don't think either has awesome pf artwork, just good enough to not be a distraction.
I don't think they play anything alike though, Ive always been able to really immerse myself into the gameplay of both and never thought they had any real similarities once your fingers are on the flipper buttons. I do like that both have reasonably "easy" modes to progress through to get to mini-wizard modes.
Did that help?

absolutely
thanks

#4330 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well said. I love both of them. Which one I play depends totally on my mood.

#4331 3 years ago

New topper
20150924_175147.jpg

#4332 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

New topper
20150924_175147.jpg

Whoa...very cool!!!....appears to glow like the sun.....where did you get that? Laseriffic?

#4333 3 years ago

Yeah its a bad picture, I'll try and get a better one tomorrow. And yes laseriffic made it for me

#4334 3 years ago

Ballers United !

image.jpg

#4335 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

New topper
20150924_175147.jpg

Nice! Who makes that one?

#4336 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Nice! Who makes that one?

Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah its a bad picture, I'll try and get a better one tomorrow. And yes laseriffic made it for me

I'm curious if some of you are really reading the posts in this threads or are just skimming through looking for PRON

#4337 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I'm curious if some of you are really reading the posts in this threads or are just skimming through looking for PRON

PRON, I love it more than Palm.

#4338 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

PRON, I love it more than Palm.

I thought they went hand in hand.. I kill me

#4339 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I thought they went hang in hand.. I kill me</block quote>

In Irish : hang = ham

Ham in hand!?! Haha

#4340 3 years ago

#4341 3 years ago

Some PRON for the non readers.

images-2.jpeg72487a105a10ab995e8033f74832e782.jpgvBnH3cQ.jpgtron_legacy_girl_by_tigersgirl-d557lnb.jpgimages-1.jpeg

#4342 3 years ago

I just pronned

#4343 3 years ago

Ok, tron nutz, here's some pix from Kraftwerk live last night... Pronish, nes pa?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4344 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Some PRON for the non readers.
images-2.jpeg72487a105a10ab995e8033f74832e782.jpg vBnH3cQ.jpg tron_legacy_girl_by_tigersgirl-d557lnb.jpg images-1.jpeg

Man.....scrolling down to the 3rd one and realized that was paint!!! ( had to zoom in to verify)....good work Flank...Lamp can't touch that....

#4345 3 years ago

Ps. This is the first live concert that I've been to that is all in 3D.
Those pix up there aren't blurry

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4346 3 years ago

Nice photos, labnip! Seeing this next week in Detroit, can't wait!!

#4347 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Nice photos, labnip! Seeing this next week in Detroit, can't wait!!

Please record it and send me a copy

Ps. There's something special for Detroit in the show. Keep a close eye. Actually a couple different things.

#4348 3 years ago

Added some sweet FN text to my Tron...

20150926_192618.jpg

#4349 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Ok, tron nutz, here's some pix from Kraftwerk live last night... Pronish, nes pa?

Boing Boom Tschak !

(long live the '80, even if they began in mid '70)

#4350 3 years ago

i LOVE this game, but i really HATE getting my balls trapped.

IMG_1732.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside