(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,246 posts
  • 465 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,239 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg
20190807_192459 (resized).jpg

There are 9246 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 185.
#4251 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Who sells the Tron plastic disc ?

Pinball Life!

#4252 3 years ago

Just opened the Tron Arcade.
$15 all you can play per day.

Get here quick to avoid the lines!

image.jpg

#4253 3 years ago

For your consideration, please find attached my membership application.

I look forward to your reply.

DSCN0216.jpg

#4254 3 years ago

F YOU EFFING LIGHT CYCLE! Damnit!

#4255 3 years ago

just traded my POTC for a TRON PRO. I too love it more than lamp.

unnamed-6.jpg

#4256 3 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

unnamed-6.jpg

Wisest man on pinside

#4257 3 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Score!!!!

#4258 3 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

unnamed-6.jpg

Bam!!!....welcome.....great move!!!....

#4259 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I look forward to your reply.

Membership accepted, please send your $1000 yearly membership fee to my paypal. Thank you!

Nutpunch and T-bagged lockdown bar will arrive on your doorstep shortly after payment is received.

encom-centerflank.jpg

#4260 3 years ago

I'm giving a thumbs up just for the photoshop, complete with reflection in table!

#4261 3 years ago

Double that thumbs up! Nice work!

#4262 3 years ago

If anyone wants the original 3d translite from the first couple runs, pm me.

#4263 3 years ago

I wonder if Tron 3 ever get off the ground...I dont think 2 was a great movie but potential always there. Looks like Disney has a lot on their plate with SW

#4264 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I dont think 2 was a great movie

#4265 3 years ago

It was good not great

#4266 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

It was good not great

The game makes it a better movie. I always like to own the movie itself for any movie themed pins I own. It is fun to watch it later and find the exact context of all the callouts.

#4267 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The game makes it a better movie. I always like to own the movie itself for any movie themed pins I own. It is fun to watch it later and find the exact context of all the callouts.

This got me to thinking... stupidly, could I associate a show/movie to all my machines???

Evel Knievel - still have my original EK stunt cycle toy & saw most of his TV broadcast stunts
Bally Eight Ball - watched Happy Days constantly (even saw the Love American Style pilot)
Night Rider - Steven Spielberg's "Dual" and big fan of the shows "Movin' On" & BJ and the Bear.
Playboy - have read many of the articles & watch the cable channel, to make sure the game is authentic
Bally Strikes and Spares - been on a few bowling leagues. Kingpin is hilarious.
Stargate - favorite TV & movie
STTNG - seen every episode & movie
DE Star Trek 25th - ditto... every episode & movie
HRC - been to Vegas many times.
Gorgar - hasn't everyone seen Legend with Tom Cruise!! ??
OXO - nope... I've played Tic-Tac-Toe, but closest movie I could think of is "Searching for Bobby Fischer".
Solar City - pretty sure this was a original Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon 1930's serial movie episode.
Mariner - ahhh... Jacqueline Bisset in "The Deep"... need I say more?
DE Time Machine - George Pal's 1960's classic, plus read the HG Well's book several times.
Tron - saw both in the theater when they came out. Still have it for Mattel Intellivision.
Firepower - hmmm... Syble Danning in "Battle Beyond the Stars" ??? (ok.. a stretch)
Bally Atlantis -- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea - movie & TV
Black Sheep Squadron - big fan of the TV show... main reason I bought the pin.
Fireball (home edition) - ... I'm stumped on this one.
Aztec - Season 1 episode of Doctor Who
Checkpoint - Hal Needham's "Cannonball Run" or "Gumball Rally"

#4268 3 years ago

Just when I thought I'd seen that clear disc throw the ball everywhere ( up the ramps, behind the drops, etc.) got a new one tonight....

Ball came straight out.....went over Portal insert, and stopped dead in place, spun like a perfect top for about 3 seconds, then a bullet sdtm ......game never ceases to amaze.....

( whew , had to edit 5 times to fix my f**king spelling)....geese, not even drinking.....

#4269 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just when I thought I'd seen that clear disc throw the ball everywhere ( up the ramps, behind the drops, etc.) got a new one tonight....
Ball came straight out.....went over Portal insert, and stopped dead in place, spun like a perfect top for about 3 seconds, then a bullet sdtm ......game never ceases to amaze.....
( whew , had to edit 5 times to fix my f**king spelling)....geese, not even drinking.....

Haha! Yes! The replacement disc makes for some crazy ass shit. It truly defies the laws of physics at times.

Non disc related, I hit the outer right orbit with the upper left flipper tonight, thats crazy!

#4270 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Haha! Yes! The replacement disc makes for some crazy ass shit. It truly defies the laws of physics at times.
Non disc related, I hit the outer right orbit with the upper left flipper tonight, thats crazy!

Sometimes I can't track it visually....simply too fast....others, it does some really bizarre shit.....absolute blast to prepare for the unexpected.....

I hit GEM shot TWICE w my upper left flipper last night!!!..decided I could now turn pro....of course that was the end of that...never got the 3rd, or even remotely close to her again...sure I've said it many times in Flank's thread......love TRON.....SUCK at playing it...

#4271 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

love TRON.....SUCK at playing it...

another reason it just keeps pulling us back

#4272 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

another reason it just keeps pulling us back

Agreed....seems simple enough....I think for me it's because the game has such a dramatic change of pace....flowy ramps, but the close scoop and disc make the game very hard to maintain pace, and can get blindingly fast in seconds...no magnets or gimmicks....just pure, ass kicking pinball....is what it is.....I'm ignoring it tonight and watching football..( I can feel it mocking me even though it's turned off).....

#4273 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

.....I'm ignoring it tonight and watching football..( I can feel it mocking me even though it's turned off).....

Careful... Tron is widely known for it's jealousy issues.

#4274 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Careful... Tron is widely known for it's jealousy issues.

Been keeping an eye on it as I replenish the beer supply during the game.....it hasn't made a move yet, but if I come down here tomorrow and the TV is broken, I will know straight where to go!!!........

#4275 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Been keeping an eye on it as I replenish the beer supply during the game.....it hasn't made a move yet, but if I come down here tomorrow and the TV is broken, I will know straight where to go!!!........

Just brush your hand gently across the lockdown bar as you walk by so she knows you still love her.

#4276 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just brush your hand gently across the lockdown bar as you walk by so she knows you still love her.

Ha....read my mind....actually took one of my polish cloths, and wiped down the lockdown bar on the way back to the fridge.....not sure if it worked.....she's still acting neglected........

#4277 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I hit GEM shot TWICE w my upper left flipper last night!!!..decided I could now turn pro....of course that was the end of that...never got the 3rd, or even remotely close to her again.

I really like that we who love Tron really love the challenge of this shot, whereas the down voters and ranking bashers claim it to be bad design.

#4278 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I really like that we who love Tron really love the challenge of this shot, whereas the down voters and ranking bashers claim it to be bad design.

Easily one of my favorite parts of gameplay ( weirdly).....most of the time I hit it by luck or a wild spin off the disk...but get on mini rolls where I can hit the upper left flipper from the right lower too.....just to see the screen come up is very satisfying...I can then enjoy the remaining 20 seconds of the game....

#4279 3 years ago

I almost never hit it from the flipper. Most of the time it is on the plunge or a bank shot off of the tron targets.

#4280 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I almost never hit it from the flipper. Most of the time it is on the plunge or a bank shot off of the tron targets.

Yep..I've given up directly shooting it. Too dangerous. It's not that I can't make the shot but the pitch and placement of my game apparently STDM a good shot. I just use the disc and lightcycle ball savers to start and usually finish GEM.

#4281 3 years ago

Labnip and Flank may have already seen this...but just in case:

#4282 3 years ago

Just out of curiosity - as this is an idea that's been kicking around in my head for a couple of weeks - would any of you fellow Tron lovers sell your modded out pro (eli's ramps and everything else - except for powder coated hardware) so you could turn around buy a Tron LE to take it's place??? Is that crazy or understandable???

#4283 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Just out of curiosity - as this is an idea that's been kicking around in my head for a couple of weeks - would any of you fellow Tron lovers sell your modded out pro (eli's ramps and everything else - except for powder coated hardware) so you could turn around buy a TRON LE to take it's place??? Is that crazy or understandable???

I wouldn't. Barring anything else, the screenprint cabinet drives me nuts. After I saw the first pro with decals, I had to have the game. It shouldn't really matter that much to me...but it does. Also, not a fan of chrome trim. =\

#4284 3 years ago

Well I think that I would be handing over a couple of thousand more for a recognizer that swings, an extra multi-ball, drop targets, and some additional speech. In the end, I decided to just hang onto my pro, and maybe either chrome out the legs or get the laser etched powder coated rails. But I thought I would ask the question to see what others might do...

#4285 3 years ago

I wouldn't. No way that is worth 2k more, at least not to me.

#4286 3 years ago

I used to think it would be worth it, but now I'm sticking with my Pro. That isn't a knock against the LE, I just like the one I have.

#4287 3 years ago

Ho, I'm new to tron and just got me a Tron LE. Love the game but it has a flaw. Sometimes when you play it, it just stops, like the machine thinks you drained the ball, but it is still in place. Very frustrating to lose the ball like that on a good play. Any of you had this before? And what to do? like to hear your opinion on this.

Still love the game, it's hard but very rewarding when thinks work out.

#4288 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Ho, I'm new to tron and just got me a TRON LE. Love the game but it has a flaw. Sometimes when you play it, it just stops, like the machine thinks you drained the ball, but it is still in place. Very frustrating to lose the ball like that on a good play. Any of you had this before? And what to do? like to hear your opinion on this.

check the contacts in the charger connections ...

this is a classic problem

#4289 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Labnip and Flank may have already seen this...but just in case:
ยป YouTube video

Seen it...?
We live it, dude

#4290 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Ho, I'm new to tron and just got me a TRON LE. Love the game but it has a flaw. Sometimes when you play it, it just stops, like the machine thinks you drained the ball, but it is still in place. Very frustrating to lose the ball like that on a good play. Any of you had this before? And what to do? like to hear your opinion on this.

Very common problem..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-game-ends-ball-without-a-drain-modern-stern#post-2674750

#4291 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yep..I've given up directly shooting it. Too dangerous.

Pussy! Now I get your avatar.

edit...... <-------- cuz I love you TRONbro!

#4292 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Just out of curiosity - as this is an idea that's been kicking around in my head for a couple of weeks - would any of you fellow Tron lovers sell your modded out pro (eli's ramps and everything else - except for powder coated hardware) so you could turn around buy a TRON LE to take it's place??? Is that crazy or understandable???

No. Id roll with a superbly loaded pro. I would never think twice about it. So few differences that actually matter.

*although I have custom light up rails/hinges done by TrilogyBeer*

The only thing that you physically shoot for is drop targets and daft punk MB. I have no preference on stand up or drops. They are both all good with me.

Daft punk MB is really the one and only true diff to me between the 2 versions and I can live without it. NOT KNOCKING THE LE, its an amazing game in that model.

#4293 3 years ago

Thanks a lot, I already thought it would be down there, going to check this solution. Many thanks.

#4294 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No. Id roll with a superbly loaded pro. I would never think twice about it. So few differences that actually matter.
*although I have custom light up rails/hinges done by TrilogyBeer*
The only thing that you physically shoot for is drop targets and daft punk MB. I have no preference on stand up or drops. They are both all good with me.
Daft punk MB is really the one and only true diff to me between the 2 versions and I can live without it. NOT KNOCKING THE LE, its an amazing game in that model.

I totally get the popular view on this. This is one pro that stands tall, very tall, when compared to its LE brother. The other side of the mirror though is this.. Ask an LE owner if they would trade to a modded pro for some extra cash?
No
Effing
Way

#4295 3 years ago

#4296 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I totally get the popular view on this. This is one pro that stands tall, very tall, when compared to its LE brother. The other side of the mirror though is this.. Ask an LE owner if they would trade to a modded pro for some extra cash?
No
Effing
Way

Love the one your with! Isn't that a song?

#4297 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Love the one your with! Isn't that a song?

It is, but my Wife never seems to buy in when I have to travel....

#4298 3 years ago

What about this lamp bro?

736fade2856870bf30a304d66c7158b9.jpg

#4299 3 years ago

Too bad those are renders and not real..

#4300 3 years ago

Hey tron brothers, I need a little help. I'm installing the cointaker cabinet flashers kit. And the instructions are a little confusing to me. I the direction say to solder the 4 wires to the lamp socket, I have 5 wires so right away I'm lost. Then it says solder to the positive side the bigger, on tron there the same, one is stripped though, it think that's positive? Idk I'm really lost, I have 5 wires, white, blue, red, green, black and have no clue where to solder these but on the flashers ......I think20150913_121529.jpg20150913_121559.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 9246 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 185.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside