tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 233.
#4201 8 years ago

Dupe post

#4202 8 years ago

Dupe post

#4203 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I've started applying all the mods...this is going to be a 3 days job LOL.

Best 3 days of your life!

Quoted from dri:

In 2011 I bought a NIB Tron. I had to sell it because a domestic dispute. I regretted it ever since. Been looking for used ones for a reasonable amount of money without luck. Today my friends I overpaid for a NIB 2nd run! (Plasma DMD, decals and 3D translite).
Tomorrow, Stern will announce Tron Premium.
Edit: This is the single best pinball machine ever made!

Not to start a debate, but would stern really buy a license again to rerun a pin that was a popular theme almost 5 years ago?

#4204 8 years ago

2 clear discs left..... No blue.

#4205 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Not to start a debate, but would stern really buy a license again to rerun a pin that was a popular theme almost 5 years ago?

I don't know, let me ask the Iron Man VE in my game room...

IMVE said yes

#4206 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

IMVE said yes

Iron man is still relevant in entertainment media (marvel movies, new cartoons, toys everywhere ect). Tron, well is fading smoke as far as general entertainment news is concerned, ( Tron Disney xd cartoon cancelled, 3rd Tron movie not off the ground and forgotten, Tron toys not anywhere)

All of this makes me sad, but I think the relevance of Tron is not there to support a Tron legacy re run

#4207 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

IMVE said yes

Na dat dare eh funni

#4208 8 years ago

1 clear disc left.....

Edit----Hey, if anyone has a minute, leave me some feedback (positive hopefully) on the new Pinside sell/buy thingy....

#4209 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

All of this makes me sad, but I think the relevance of Tron is not there to support a Tron legacy re run

Perhaps it would actually make the license cheaper to get by Stern? Also, would Disney actually say 'No' if Stern requested a license renewal? If Stern had a popular product that showcased Disney's TRON assets this well, why would Disney object? Seems like it would help and not hurt the brand.

#4210 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

1 clear disc left.....
Edit----Hey, if anyone has a minute, leave me some feedback (positive hopefully) on the new Pinside sell/buy thingy....

I will once I install the damn thing.
Hooked Bumpers installed
Pinbits plastics installed
LEDs half installed
Recognizer lighting mod- installed
Recognizer decal - installed
Cliffys - installed

I almost wished I had the money for the ELI kits since I've already removed the ramps.

#4211 8 years ago

you definitely want the eli kit...just charge it..

#4212 8 years ago

Definitely starting to look like something
image.jpgimage.jpg

#4213 8 years ago

Where is the best place to hook comets 7 led strip that I want to put in the drain hole?

#4214 8 years ago

I almost got portal two games in a row today. I had a portal run this afternoon. I choked hard. The Portal bonus was like 3mil...

Just a few minutes ago, I played again and was two shots away from starting portal. Freaking light cycle mb can suck it...

#4215 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

light cycle mb can suck it.

So true. This is my best LCMB completion, but I've only done it this neatly like, twice, ever. It's a killer.

#4216 8 years ago

Titan Pinball Clear Rubber Kit - Check

There is a comment on their site that says there is a typo in that kit and that the 7/16 Inch I.D should actually be 7/16 Inch O.D. Manual seems to agree. Can anyone confirm?

#4217 8 years ago

Yes, it's o.d. I went ahead and put together a corrected kit on there. That other one was also missing the post sleeves.

#4218 8 years ago

Where is the best place to hook comets 7 led strip that I want to put in the drain hole?

I tapped the GI on the left sling

#4219 8 years ago

Had a game the other night where I plunged Gem from the shooter lane so clean it actually went up the whole lane, out the left side, and out the left outlane.

#4220 8 years ago

How is that even remotely possible?

#4221 8 years ago

How is that even remotely possible?

I assume you're responding to me? I have no bloody idea. It's never happened before. My best guess is that my game is leaning SLIGHTLY to the left. To be fair, I've been practicing that plunge shot a LOT. Every time I start Lightcycle, disc, or Quorra, I spend the entire ball saver trying to plunge Gem for free hits or in the case of Quorra, the easiest mode completion ever. Apparently I'm just *that* good if my machine is level.

#4223 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I only plunge for Gem.

TWSS.

#4224 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Had a game the other night where I plunged Gem from the shooter lane so clean it actually went up the whole lane, out the left side, and out the left outlane.

Hahahaha. I can just imagine the range of emotions during the few seconds over which that happened. Just like TSPP when grandpa yells out Extra Ball!! immediately followed by Oh Thunderpants! You gotta laugh.

#4225 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

leaning SLIGHTLY to the left

So UnTexan of you.

#4226 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So UnTexan of you.

I was born in Dallas, raised in Dallas, and have been "left" my entire life in Dallas.

Believe me, I know exactly how much I don't fit in here.

#4227 8 years ago

Have any of you tried upgrading the fiber optic cable on your Eli mod to the more expensive type used on the LE? I know way back when they said the LE fiber optic cable was much more expensive. Wondering if that is still the case.

#4228 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Have any of you tried upgrading the fiber optic cable on your Eli mod to the more expensive type used on the LE? I know way back when they said the LE fiber optic cable was much more expensive. Wondering if that is still the case.

I'm sure they cost about the same, but I prefer the clear fiber vs the frosted fiber on the LE. The clear fiber is brighter and looks great in the game.

#4229 8 years ago

Still the Undisputed Champion of TRON in my house tonight. I did leave SOS on the table

IMG_0756.jpgIMG_0756.jpg

#4230 8 years ago

YES!!! Return to Portal, completed all the modes and skipped SOS, only the 2nd time Ive done this, also beat my GC score on Metallica tonight, Happy friday!!!!

Not a great score but whatever....wife not amused at the wait time.

IMG_0758.jpgIMG_0758.jpg

#4231 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'm sure they cost about the same, but I prefer the clear fiber vs the frosted fiber on the LE. The clear fiber is brighter and looks great in the game.

No. According to Pinbits the LE cable is MUCH more expensive. That's why they went with the clear.

#4232 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

My clear fiber isn't brighter than the frosted on the LE I played. I'll check my connections. No complaints, just wondering if somebody has done it. I think I'd prefer frosted.

#4233 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

My clear fiber isn't brighter than the frosted on the LE I played. I'll check my connections. No complaints, just wondering if somebody has done it. I think I'd prefer frosted.

I will agree frosted is way brighter for sure. Also the cable that comes on the LE's is a bunch of little fiber optic cables inside the frosted outer shell. The pinbits one is one giant clear cable with a clear outer shell. They are very different. I would prefer the frosted but I spoke to Martin from pinbits about getting one from them and he can't do it due to the reason I stated above. The cost.

#4234 8 years ago

Center flank dumb question. . Can I install your spinning disc rubber thingies over the old one ? Wasn't sure if that would work. Looks like I need a razor blade to lift old discs off and then apply adhesive spray

#4235 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Center flank dumb question. . Can I install your spinning disc rubber thingies over the old one ? Wasn't sure if that would work. Looks like I need a razor blade to lift old discs off and then apply adhesive spray

No, you have to rip all the old black disc pad out. I still highly recommend using a new plastic disc but using the old one is fine, just get it really clean so you get a good bond.

*****Spray Adhesive is a MUST DO while installing the new disc pad******

#4236 8 years ago

Anyone have any Tron LED kit recommendations? I don't really know enough about the different types of bulbs, manufacturers etc - and not interested in picking out each individual bulb. Tell me what to buy!

It can be really difficult to tell from pics, even on LED seller websites.

#4237 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Anyone have any Tron LED kit recommendations? I don't really know enough about the different types of bulbs, manufacturers etc - and not interested in picking out each individual bulb. Tell me what to buy!

Ive used mostly PBL no ghost bulbs but I did a TZ with Comet bulbs and really liked those.

#4238 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

TRON LED BUCKMAN (STEVE BUCKLES)

I've had a couple of Pinsiders ask me if I could summarize up what I did for my Tron Pro LED setup, thought I'd put up a post with the various LEDs that I put in and links to them (this is also for myself so I can remember what I did!). The picture below is what the machine looks like, and the map to show the GI was done up by hassanchop. Below is also a quick video I did a couple of months back. I tried a bunch of stuff, this is just what I liked and did (grouped stuff together in sections around the playfield):
GI:
- 6 on the backpanel are these (cool white 44/47 double LED):
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=869&categoryId=136
- 4 of these (the ones that are visible - cool white frosted 44/47):
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=38&categoryId=6
- 4 of these (right side sling and return - blue double LED):
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=967&categoryId=136
- 4 of these (left side sling and return - orange double LED):
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=969&categoryId=136
- 15 of these (the rest of the GI - cool white 44/47 retro):
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=976&categoryId=150
Inserts:
- light cycle large inserts (no change - left as incandescent)
- TRON letters left side (purple 555 retro - 4 of them):
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=992&categoryId=150
- clear inserts (ZUSE letters, scoop PORTAL, ZUSE on the main ladder - 6 of these):
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2165
- large PORTAL insert (555 premium 2LED cool white - 1 of them):
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1319&categoryId=193
- disc inserts (PBL ablaze ghost busters 555 in blue - 7 of them):
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2165
- green inserts (BUMPERS/ADVANCE QUORRA/QUORRA/ FLYNN'S ARCADE) - 4 of these:
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1327&categoryId=193
- main ladder RECOGNIZER insert (555 2LED red - 1 of them):
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1325&categoryId=193
- main ladder TRON insert (555 2LED blue - 1 of them):
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1320&categoryId=193
- CLU helmets/main ladder CLU/3 CLU rollover letters (8 of these 555 warm white 2LED premium):
- main ladder GEM/FLYNN inserts (2 of these 555 warm white 2LED premium):
- large orange triangle inserts (6 of them, 555 orange 2LED premium):
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1322&categoryId=193
- EXTRA BALL/LIGHT CYCLE/SHOOT AGAIN/SPECIAL WHEN LIT/SPECIAL WHEN LIT/DOUBLE SCORING/SPINNERS/RECOGNIZER (in front of the 3 bank):
(8 in total, 555 warm white 2LED premium):
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1322&categoryId=193
Flashers:
- no change, left as is.

#4239 8 years ago

pro1.jpgpro1.jpg

pro2.jpgpro2.jpg

#4240 8 years ago

What retail store sells best adhesive ?

#4241 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

What retail store sells best adhesive ?

I got some at home depot worked fine for me

#4242 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

YES!!! Return to Portal, completed all the modes and skipped SOS, only the 2nd time Ive done this, also beat my GC score on Metallica tonight, Happy friday!!!!
Not a great score but whatever....wife not amused at the wait time.
IMG_0758.jpg

Great game Flank!!!....ugh...are those of us that can't bust 100 f**king million allowed to still be part of the Club? I've hit 98 and change a couple of times.... .......if my PDI suddenly has to come off for an unknown reason, and magically a game starts, it's not my fault.....just sayin...desperation setting in....

#4243 8 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

pro1.jpg
pro2.jpg

Wow, your ramp lights are twice as bright as mine.

#4244 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Ive seen more than a few LE's in my area and the fibers have not been as vibrant as mine. I don't know why there is a diff from Eli kit to kit if there is one, you decide. Just snapped these....

IMG_0785.jpgIMG_0785.jpgIMG_0779.jpgIMG_0779.jpgIMG_0777.jpgIMG_0777.jpg

#4245 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Hard to really judge the lights with just a photo.....camera settings, room light, etc, will really change how the pics look...

#4246 8 years ago

Plus, brightness is not even the right scale to be using. Tron ramp lights are measured in units of Awesome Superluxness, or ASL. I have an ASL meter and have tested both my pro and LE and both machines score 11 ASL.

#4247 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No, you have to rip all the old black disc pad out. I still highly recommend using a new plastic disc but using the old one is fine, just get it really clean so you get a good bond.
*****Spray Adhesive is a MUST DO while installing the new disc pad******

Installed a new blue rubber disc pad without any adhesive but I also purchased a new plastic disc. I think the key is the new plastic disc as I had no issues so far of separation or lifting. Not sure if the backing is different between the clear & blue.

#4248 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

No all the kits are the same brightness. It is just how it looks in pictures. When I take pics of mine they look super bright too, but in real life they are not as bright. Also the LEDs you have installed matter a lot too. In centerflanks pic you can see his LEDs aren't as bright as other people's so it gives the "illusion" of the ramp cables being brighter. For example I have a pinballbulbs kit installed in my Tron, by far the brightest LED kit you can get for Tron. It has front and rear lightstrips and three extra double spot lights. When I first installed Eli's kit I was SUPER disappointed on how dim it was. Then I figured out that my super bright LEDs were over powering it so I took out the rear lightstrip and the ramp cables "appeared" to be much brighter. I'm sure if I took out the front lightstrips and all the extra double spotlights it would "appear" even more bright, but I won't, they're awesome

#4249 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Installed a new blue rubber disc pad without any adhesive but I also purchased a new plastic disc. I think the key is the new plastic disc as I had no issues so far of separation or lifting. Not sure if the backing is different between the clear & blue.

Who sells the Tron plastic disc ?

#4250 8 years ago

Need to give shout out to Robert at hooked on pinball. Helped a buddy install Tron light cycles. This is the third time I have put them on a pin. Quality is great and easy install.

I also put his chrome pop bumper mod on my tron. Looks great!

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.