(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,248 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by AUKraut
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg

There are 9248 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 185.
#4151 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

gets really pricey when you gotta hire a local girl to dress up like Quorra and strike action poses next to your pin every time you want to play.
worth it tho

I did the same thing! It is annoying, however, when the girl asks after every game if I want a happy ending... I tell her--"Of course I want a happy ending, but I just can't get to Portal!" I finally told her to stop asking...

#4152 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I did the same thing! It is annoying, however, when the girl asks after every game if I want a happy ending... I tell her--"Of course I want a happy ending, but I just can't get to Portal!" I finally told her to stop asking...

I must have the Asian model. Mine just says this after every game.

image.jpg

#4153 4 years ago

How about this?IMG_3952.jpg

#4154 4 years ago

Ok, I played a bunch of Tron last night. And I really want to know... Where the heck is my ColorDMD for Tron? It is in the plans, but I really want it now. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? I want a ColorDMD in Tron and I want it now

#4155 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, I played a bunch of Tron last night. And I really want to know... Where the heck is my ColorDMD for Tron? It is in the plans, but I really want it now. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? I want a ColorDMD in Tron and I want it now

Yes! I second this!

#4156 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeguypec:

Are you f----ing serious... =|

#4157 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeguypec:

Slightly disturbing

#4158 4 years ago

I agree, the hand positioning is weird.

#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I agree, the hand positioning is weird.

And yet, I'd still welcome her into my gameroom and grab her a beer from the fridge. Go figure.

#4160 4 years ago

haha.... i agree.... she is slightly disturbing and slightly hawt

#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone have a link to a cool Tron Legacy movie poster? Setting up my classroom and want to add a Tron poster and one for Interstellar. Saw a few on Amazon but wanted to see if anyone on here had one they like. PM if you have one for sale.

Here is a pic of the glow in the dark/UV reactive poster. Let me know if you want it for free.

image.jpg

#4162 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Here is a pic of the glow in the dark/UV reactive poster. Let me know if you want it for free.
image.jpg

oooooooooooo thats cool!

#4163 4 years ago

Yes. Thanks ! Going in class room

#4164 4 years ago

Had the Mannequin in the house, found the costume on-line and yes, everyone who sees her for the first time is a little disturbed.......

#4165 4 years ago

Here are the Titan translucent rings. They look awesome when lit up.
IMG_20150820_221934058.jpg

#4166 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Here are the Titan translucent rings. They look awesome when lit up.
IMG_20150820_221934058.jpg

And I just did white a couple weeks ago....F%$% ME!

#4167 4 years ago

Tomdotcom said the same thing in the Titan thread, lol. Trust me, you will want to redo them

#4168 4 years ago

picked up a used arcade mod...are their instructions out there...not sure which version I have.

#4169 4 years ago

Hey guys I'm about to shop out my tron, is there thing I need to watch out for. And is there a special way to unhook the eli ramp lights? Mine had them on it when I purchased it.

#4170 4 years ago

I would not mess with lights too much. Tron pretty easy to shop. the Ewire on Ramp is permanents. You can remve ecwire from under pf mount by loosing set screw. Then pull wire ends outs. Not sure how many times the wires can be removed and reseated

#4171 3 years ago

Im short one team owner in my fantasy football league. Anyone want to take it?

Its the NFL.com league, free to play... no prizes or anything, just for fun. Its a 2player keeper league so as a new team you get a 1st and 2nd round draft pick where everyone else uses their keeper picks.

1st person to pm me is the winner, Ill send you a link to register.

Thanks!

TRON rules!

#4172 3 years ago

did I get kicked out due to total domination?

#4173 3 years ago

Btw you should expand to 12 minimum if there's interest. Bigger leagues are funner imo

#4174 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

did I get kicked out due to total domination?

Yeah.......nope, you are in still, did you get an email when it re-activated?

Screen Shot 2015-08-22 at 6.57.04 PM.png

Quoted from Erik:

Btw you should expand to 12 minimum if there's interest. Bigger leagues are funner imo

Never.

#4175 3 years ago

We run a league with 12, 2 division, 4 teams make the playoffs. We've had the same owner's and divisions for 13 years. It makes for great for smack talk

#4176 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

We run a league with 12, 2 division, 4 teams make the playoffs. We've had the same owner's and divisions for 13 years. It makes for great for smack talk

Un-modderated smack talk is encouraged on the message board. The more hurtful they are the better.

edit---There is another team I want to boot from the league so I could actually add 2 people.......

#4177 3 years ago

I posted this on another thread and sm starting to get some help. Any Tron mod experts that can hunt down the connectors for the Flynn sign and arcade mod let me know. Mods have wiring but missing the connector into game wiring.

#4178 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yeah.......nope, you are in still, did you get an email when it re-activated?

No but it's possible I deleted it as spam without reading. I'm back in now and ready to party! Leveon brought the greenery

#4179 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I posted this on another thread and sm starting to get some help. Any Tron mod experts that can hunt down the connectors for the Flynn sign and arcade mod let me know. Mods have wiring but missing the connector into game wiring.

Did you get the Flynn's mod from me or from someone else? It should have come with all of the connectors you needed. Are you saying you don't know where to plug it in?

The installation instructions are here: http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Installing-your-Flynns-Sign.pdf

PM me if you need other help. Thanks.

#4180 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And a code update. I know, I'm asking for them to do more on one of their best games. The center disc count bothers me. In reality maybe it's 3 seconds, but it feels like 20 seconds before they show the count of the hits. They just show this graphic from the movie in the disc battle, and finally, the count for the number of shots left. Just display the count graphic. I need information to win this war, not graphics.

#4181 3 years ago

DKpinball comes through. Sending me a flynn connector. Great guy.

Now I just need to confirm 6 pin molex for arcade mod that plugs in next to florescent bulb as the seller thinks he found the harness.

#4182 3 years ago

Peep Show

181501.jpg
181503.jpg
181504.jpg
181505.jpg

#4183 3 years ago

Does anybody know where to get a reasonably priced 3d translite?

#4184 3 years ago

Guess what...TRON FLYNN light ordered....haha!

#4185 3 years ago

Advice wanted:

I have the Speaker light kits installed and want to order the acrylic inserts for them. Opinions wanted on which ones look better, the Light Cycles or the Discs? These are the ones on speakerlightkits.com.

Thanks
Ed

#4186 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Advice wanted:
I have the Speaker light kits installed and want to order the acrylic inserts for them. Opinions wanted on which ones look better, the Light Cycles or the Discs? These are the ones on speakerlightkits.com.
Thanks
Ed

i think the discs look way better and fit the game perfectly

#4187 3 years ago

I'm a little embarrassed to be asking this question, but since I couldn't find out elsewhere, I'm hoping to get some help here.

I purchased the 3D translite art a while ago and I finally opened the package. I thought I would just swap it with my current translite, but I can't as the art and translite on my Tron are one piece.

Where do I purchase the translite and trim to mount my 3D translite art? I'm assuming I will attach the art with the trim to the plastic/glass and then I can finally swap out my translites?

Thanks for your help pointing me in the right direction!

#4188 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

but I can't as the art and translite on my Tron are one piece

Usually the black trim around the edges just slides off.

#4189 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Usually the black trim around the edges just slides off.

What he said...I swapped mine

#4190 3 years ago

When I originally slid them off, I noticed that the art is adhered to the glass/plastic. So I need to figure out where to buy another piece of glass/plastic and black trim.

#4191 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

When I originally slid them off, I noticed that the art is adhered to the glass/plastic. So I need to figure out where to buy another piece of glass/plastic and black trim.

It is taped around the edges under the black trim, show us a pic or 2.

#4192 3 years ago

You're right, it is taped on with double sided tape. It was so flush that I assumed it was adhered to the glass.

Thanks for the help.

So if I want to display the old one, I'm guessing I'll need to get it framed, unless there is a pinball lighted backbox display case that someone sells?

image.jpg
image_1.jpg

#4193 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

So if I want to display the old one, I'm guessing I'll need to get it framed, unless there is a pinball lighted backbox display case that someone sells?

Blimpey was making them, I bought 3 from him. Ill look up his thread, see if he started doing them again, I think he took some time off for a bit.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swap-box-introducing-a-new-game-roompinball-led-light-box-display/page/4#post-2569092

#4194 3 years ago

Thanks Centerflank, I sent Blimpey a PM

#4195 3 years ago

c'est beau hein

#4196 3 years ago

In 2011 I bought a NIB Tron. I had to sell it because a domestic dispute. I regretted it ever since. Been looking for used ones for a reasonable amount of money without luck. Today my friends I overpaid for a NIB 2nd run! (Plasma DMD, decals and 3D translite).

Tomorrow, Stern will announce Tron Premium.

Edit: This is the single best pinball machine ever made!

#4197 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

c'est beau hein

bein oui content de pouvoir faire une partie quand je veux... toujours une expérience incroyable à chaque fois...

#4198 3 years ago

Still have a few clear discs left and 1 blue, everyone good? Would love to hear feedback on people that have installed them (I know a few of you have already commented)

#4199 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

c'est beau hein

Le meilleur Stern flipper jamais fait

#4200 3 years ago

I've started applying all the mods...this is going to be a 3 days job LOL.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 9248 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 185.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside