(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,245 posts
  • 465 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,238 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg
20190807_192459 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190805_160626[1] (resized).jpg

There are 9245 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 185.
#4102 4 years ago

Thanks Corey- finally installed my new set in blue. It's everything you say. Quite a wild ride!

001 (2).JPG
007.JPG

#4103 4 years ago

So I notice that the fiber optic cable on the LE is kind of opaque, while the cable in Eli's kit from Pinbits is clear. I would imagine this would make the cable brighter in the LE, is this true? I have been a bit disappointed in the Eli kit from a brightness standpoint. It looks fantastic when the game is doing the bonus countdown as the GI is off, but as soon as the GI kicks in, the colors are extremely washed out, especially yellow.

#4104 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

So I notice that the fiber optic cable on the LE is kind of opaque, while the cable in Eli's kit from Pinbits is clear. I would imagine this would make the cable brighter in the LE, is this true? I have been a bit disappointed in the Eli kit from a brightness standpoint. It looks fantastic when the game is doing the bonus countdown as the GI is off, but as soon as the GI kicks in, the colors are extremely washed out, especially yellow.

My Eli kit is super bright and WAY more eye catching than any LE I've ever seen, try pushing the fiber lines into their connectors a little more and let me know if that helps.

#4105 4 years ago

Ya, I tried that as well. They are in as far as they will go. Was your cable clear? I mean like crystal clear? I have thought about buying a length of fiber optic cable and taking sand paper to it to rough it up, thinking that might make it brighter.

#4106 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Ya, I tried that as well. They are in as far as they will go. Was your cable clear? I mean like crystal clear? I have thought about buying a length of fiber optic cable and taking sand paper to it to rough it up, thinking that might make it brighter.

You don't have a beta version do you? Someone mentioned to me recently he had one and it wasn't as vibrant as the regular production kits.

#4107 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

What you say is true. Eli's kit is definently not as bright as the LE's, and bright LEDs on your PLAYFIELD do wash out the colour. I asked Martin and Pam at Pinbits about this and they said that the opaque cables they use in the LE's cost 20 times more then the clear cables do. Would you want to pay 20 times more for your Eli's ramp kit? That is why they went with the clear.

#4108 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You don't have a beta version do you? Someone mentioned to me recently he had one and it wasn't as vibrant as the regular production kits.

Don't think so, it has a orange and blue aluminum block for the PCB's that house the lights.

#4109 4 years ago

No, you'd know if you had a beta kit. I have one, and it included making my own mounting bracket for lights. I think he actually said the beta kits were a bit brighter than the production, but the difference is minimal.

Mine does get a little bit washed out if there is a lot of other light hitting it, but it is by no means "extreme". The important parts I can think of:
1. Make sure the end of the fiber is cut smooth. The smoother the better since it allows light to enter the fiber more easily.
2. Make sure the end of the fiber is pushed fully against the light emitter.
3. Avoid any sharp bends when routing the fiber. A kink in the fiber will allow a lot of light leakage. You'll end up with a bright spot and the rest of it will be dimmer as a result.
4. Avoid any nicks in the surface of the fiber from things like ramp screws cutting into it. This is the same type of problem as a kink.

#4110 4 years ago

I did order 8 more clear bulk 120 buckets, I have 1 left to sell, might keep one as I picked up 2 games today, might turn them clear but not positive yet....

IMG_0707.jpg

#4111 4 years ago

I'm picking up a BK tomorrow. Gimme a hug.....

#4112 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I'm picking up a BK tomorrow. Gimme a hug.....

How bout one better

#4113 4 years ago

I have a set of recognizer round rubber pieces in a baggy that game with my game. Are their instructions anywhere on how to install them?

Thanks

#4114 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I have a set of recognizer round rubber pieces in a baggy that game with my game. Are their instructions anywhere on how to install them?

Add a pic, are they the small round ones that go behind the recognizer bank when its down?

#4115 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Add a pic, are they the small round ones that go behind the recognizer bank when its down?

Yep.

image.jpg

#4116 4 years ago

I was thinking the small nubbers that you hit if you miss the disc area it bounces off....I posted a good step by step on replacing that pad a few pages back.

#4117 4 years ago

BW100 is awesometastic

#4118 4 years ago

Found the instructions. What do you recommend putting in ultrasonic cleaner? and where can I get the best adhesive?

Thanks

#4119 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

What do you recommend putting in ultrasonic cleaner?

The whole clear disc but I personally would just buy a new one. For a plastic cleaning solution some Dawn dish soap and simple green should work well, scrub with some nylon bristle brush.....

Quoted from billsfanmd:

and where can I get the best adhesive?

I don't know if its the best but this stuff my wife has for scrapbooking has surely kept my pad tight to the disc......Helmar V2 vellum.

HEY! USE THIS EVERYONE!

3380068hr.jpg

#4120 4 years ago

Early arrival. Send money now!

IMG_0718.jpg

#4121 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Early arrival. Send money now!
IMG_0718.jpg

And you couldn't let me know this before you shipped my disc to Canada. Some compensation is in order

#4122 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Some compensation is in order

I can offer free pickup from my house? That work for you?

#4123 4 years ago

And you couldn't let me know this before you shipped my disc to Canada. Some compensation is in order

Hey, I thought no more shipping to weird Canadian addresses

#4124 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Hey, I thought no more shipping to weird Canadian addresses

He just meant weird people.

#4125 4 years ago

He just meant weird people.

I know

#4126 4 years ago

Holy Hell Tron is starting to burn a whole in my wallet
Sub woofer - Check
Cointaker Red Tremor Shaker - Check
Hooked Tron Bumper Caps - Check
Pinbits Protectors - Check
Cliffys - Check
Light Cycles - Check
Comet Leds - Check
Pinball Customs Decal - Check
Recognizer Mod - Check
Titan Pinball Clear Rubber Kit - Check
CenterFlank's Clear Disc - Check

I think all I'm missing now is the EL kit and the Arcade Mod and I will be a happy camper and broke LOL.

#4127 4 years ago

The first thing to install is Eli's fiberoptic ramp lighting kit. Everything else can wait

Holy Hell Tron is starting to burn a whole in my wallet
Sub woofer - Check
Cointaker Red Tremor Shaker - Check
Hooked Tron Bumper Caps - Check
Pinbits Protectors - Check
Cliffys - Check
Light Cycles - Check
Comet Leds - Check
Pinball Customs Decal - Check
Recognizer Mod - Check
Titan Pinball Clear Rubber Kit - Check
CenterFlank's Clear Disc - Check
I think all I'm missing now is the EL kit and the Arcade Mod and I will be a happy camper and broke LOL.

#4128 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The first thing to install is Eli's fiberoptic ramp lighting kit. Everything else can wait

Unfortunately I live in Canada so the EL kit is not worth the money with the current exchange rate. $500 for little wires that light up are far down my list unless someone is generous enough to give me instructions on how to make it from the coolights website with a step by step video... LOL.

#4129 4 years ago

little wires that light up

You haven't seen it in person, have you? Granted, $500 is a lot, but it makes the game. It's completely naked without it. I've seen the single color EL wire mods, and they do not hold a candle to Eli's lighting.

#4130 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You haven't seen it in person, have you? Granted, $500 is a lot, but it makes the game. It's completely naked without it. I've seen the single color EL wire mods, and they do not hold a candle to Eli's lighting.

What's the link to this eli kit you are talking about?

#4131 4 years ago

You haven't fully become a TRON owner till you've spent more on Mods than you did on the actual machine.

#4132 4 years ago

What's the link to this eli kit you are talking about?

It's the same as the Pinbits one. Eli designed it, then handed it over to Pinbits for manufacturing and sales.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=566

#4133 4 years ago

Unfortunately I live in Canada so the EL kit is not worth the money with the current exchange rate. $500 for little wires that light up are far down my list unless someone is generous enough to give me instructions on how to make it from the coolights website with a step by step video... LOL.

Eli's kit is the FIRST thing a Tron Pro needs. Canada or not....

#4134 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Eli's kit is the FIRST thing a Tron Pro needs. Canada or not....

I guess I chose quantity over substance LOL.

#4135 4 years ago

Anyone have a link to a cool Tron Legacy movie poster? Setting up my classroom and want to add a Tron poster and one for Interstellar. Saw a few on Amazon but wanted to see if anyone on here had one they like. PM if you have one for sale.

#4136 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone have a link to a cool Tron Legacy movie poster? Setting up my classroom and want to add a Tron poster and one for Interstellar. Saw a few on Amazon but wanted to see if anyone on here had one they like. PM if you have one for sale.

I have one that reacts to black light or glows in the dark with no black light. It's pretty cool but no space on the wall for it. You can have it for free if you pay the shipping to USA.

#4138 4 years ago

werd

Quoted from centerflank:

You haven't fully become a TRON owner till you've spent more on Mods than you did on the actual machine.

#4139 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You need to if you want to make it look right.

#4140 4 years ago

There are 3 must have mods for Tron pro. Eli's ramp lights, external sub, and LEDs for all the lights. Everything else is great but not essential.

#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

There are 3 must have mods for Tron pro. Eli's ramp lights, external sub, and LEDs for all the lights. Everything else is great but not essential.

And disc replacement!

#4143 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

...and Arcade Cabinet!

and TRON light up side rails/hinges

#4144 4 years ago

gets really pricey when you gotta hire a local girl to dress up like Quorra and strike action poses next to your pin every time you want to play.

worth it tho

#4145 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

gets really pricey when you gotta hire a local girl to dress up like Quorra and strike action poses next to your pin every time you want to play.
worth it tho

They sell dolls in Japan for that

#4146 4 years ago

I guess I chose quantity over substance LOL.

I bought Eli's kit, and didn't install it for over a year due to a combination of laziness and busyness. I just put it in recently... And the result of that is OMFG AMAZING! I did that, the Pinbits protectors, white rubber, and LED of the GI. I cannot explain how amazing the ramp mod is. The light show on my game is amazing now. Eli created the coolest mod in all of pinball. Get it and go through the pain in the butt of putting it in. Totally amazing.

#4147 4 years ago

And Flynn sign...if you can find one.

#4148 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

And Flynn sign...if you can find one.

I feel this mod is the least bang for your buck.

#4149 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I feel this mod is the least bang for your buck.

but for me ... epic eye candy

#4150 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

but for me ... epic eye candy

That is for sure

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cibolo, TX
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 9245 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 185.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside