(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,064 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by jp335i
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 390 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(551 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,204 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg

There are 9064 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 182.
#4051 3 years ago

Does anybody have the rom with the custom tunes in it? If so could you shoot me a p.m.

#4052 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Holy mother of god...I've just hooked up the sub :O

I have said before...

Quoted from TimeBandit:

LCMB is the one MB in all of pinball where the act of starting it is more gratifying than getting it, but ONLY if there is a sub hooked up to it. If there is a pinball god, this is the moment where one stops, reflects and gives thanks for pinball.

#4053 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I have said before...

Ha, when I had the 3 polk subs hooked up on TRON I couldn't have the volume up to loud when LCM started, almost knocked the bar glasses off the shelf.

#4054 3 years ago

Does anyone have a list of all their LEDS they put in their machines....there are so many options that It would be awesome to see what people have done with a complete list. I'm probably the last guy left with an unmodded Tron

#4055 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Does anyone have a list of all their LEDS they put in their machines....there are so many options that It would be awesome to see what people have done with a complete list. I'm probably the last guy left with an unmodded Tron

I just did mine, but I winged it. I matched the plastic protectors down low (blue on the right, yellow on the left) with a warm white under the left sling (wanted it a speck brighter). Carried blue and orange up the middle, and warm white at the top. Then I swapped out any of the white I could see a bare bulb of to blue or orange. I kept all the inserts as incandescent.

Now I'm sure all that sounds like blasphemy, but I'm strange about lights in my games. I started with cool white, but didn't like the look. Plus my eyes can be very sensitive to the strobing effect of LEDs in inserts. So I went with what I thought looked good... And it's my game

Oh, and Eli's ramp kit. I found it a pain to put in, but WOW. That and a sub are the must haves in Tron.

#4056 3 years ago

I posted this once Befote but can't find it. Tron is returning to line up. I saved the old Code from mine on a flash drive. When Tron arrives how do I put my new code in ?

Thanks !

#4057 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I have 3 different shooter knobs at shapeways and the one in the pic is a sample with rod fitted and top engraving painted in blue
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksshooter
P1100435.jpg

I got mine finished and installed today. Thanks.
20150811_174830.jpg

#4058 3 years ago

looks great, thanks for sharing.

#4059 3 years ago

Received the rest of the three clear 120buckets today, I pm'd everyone who was on my wait list so if I didn't message you tonight and you still want one send me a reminder....sorry if I missed you, been crazy busy working the past week.

I now have 6 clear/6 blue (discs) ready to ship.

Clear 120buckets.....I don't know whats up with those, I cant even add any to my shopping cart so maybe they are on backorder?

#4060 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I posted this once Befote but can't find it. Tron is returning to line up. I saved the old Code from mine on a flash drive. When Tron arrives how do I put my new code in ?
Thanks !

Here is my favorite as you get to listen to Pete's soothing voice.

#4061 3 years ago

I put a new GC score up tonight and drained before making the scoop for Portal.
image.jpg

#4062 3 years ago

You guys kick my butt. I was feeling good about 69 million that included ~20 million Sea of Simulation bonus. Anybody else hate Quorra shot to Gem shot to SDTM? What a buzzkill......

#4063 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

..Anybody else hate Quorra shot to Gem shot to SDTM? What a buzzkill......

I usually just nail em both and give her a little smack to keep it lively....in the pops

#4064 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Anybody else hate Quorra shot to Gem shot to SDTM?

One thing you can do to help this is put a slightly thicker post sleeve on that post right above the pop bumps, might direct it toward your left flipper a little better.

#4065 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You guys kick my butt. I was feeling good about 69 million that included ~20 million Sea of Simulation bonus. Anybody else hate Quorra shot to Gem shot to SDTM? What a buzzkill......

You mean successful Gem then through the pops without hitting then DTM? Yeah that SUCKS donkey balls. That is the meanest drain in all of pinball. I have adjusted level to try and address it, but usually just try and always nudge the hell out of it through the pops to try and get some contact, any contact, please, somebody help me, just one little touch of the bumper, how can you be so cruel, I just pulled off the greatest combo there is and you're DRAINING me for it!!!?? Aaarrrrgghhhh you &;$%*^&->£€|!!!!!!

#4066 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I put a new GC score up tonight and drained before making the scoop for Portal.
image.jpg

Flank.....scores like this should be banned from your thread... ....haven't cracked 100 million yet....I know I suck, but to put it right in our faces....

#4067 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Flank.....scores like this should be banned from your thread... ....haven't cracked 100 million yet....I know I suck, but to put it right in our faces....

Yeah but he still has the stock ramp vehicle toys in so I kinda feel bad for him.

#4068 3 years ago

I can't even crack 50 million, and I'm an ok player. I've gotten to sos, but that's it. I'm guessing it's big points after that?

#4069 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah those are a bitch, I'm finally getting Quarry but Gem I'm not even close to hitting. That's a bounce off something else and pray it goes to Gem

#4070 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yeah but he still has the stock ramp vehicle toys in so I kinda feel bad for him.

Whew.....thanks for finding a positive in there for me....depression was setting in....was going to have to suppress w more beer, but have to work tomorrow....

#4071 3 years ago

This was 20 months ago!
I have not got anywhere near it since. What an awesome machine that once you get a great score, there is no way that you feel like you have beaten it. It just continues to own you.

image.jpg

#4072 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This was 20 months ago!
I have not got anywhere near it since. What an awesome machine that once you get a great score, there is no way that you feel like you have beaten it. It just continues to own you.

image.jpg

And the pain continues....going back over to my resurrected " is golf a sport" thread for more torture.....

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And the pain continues

My best, this was during the black pad days, since getting the clear disc my best is a paltry 154mill

IMG_0696.jpg

#4074 3 years ago

What the hell is going on with all these orange DMD's? Im starting to think you do actually love lamp more

#4075 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

My best, this was during the black pad days, since getting the clear disc my best is a paltry 154mill
IMG_0696.jpg

Should have known......some day, I will make the 100 mil club, or the glass is coming off!!!

#4076 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Should have known......some day, I will make the 100 mil club, or the glass is coming off!!!

I remember that game as well, completed all the modes going into SOS which skips it, gives you 50mill and starts portal. I was so F'd up from that, I quickly tanked portal.

#4077 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What the hell is going on with all these orange DMD's? Im starting to think you do actually love lamp more

At least I have a win here...color changing Sigma w speaker light kits and cycle inserts...this way I see many colors while getting my ass kicked...image.jpg

#4078 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Waiting for colourDMD to colour Tron this year. I mean, who would buy a solid blue DMD when they could have a fully coloured one instead......... Oh wait, never mind

#4079 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Waiting for colourDMD to colour Tron this year. I mean, who would buy a solid blue DMD when they could have a fully coloured one instead......... Oh wait, never mind

Is that a certain thing? Ive debated on what I would do if that ever happened, I really like the blue.....I dont think I want to drop another 4 Hundy on that with a perfectly good working DMD.

Im trying to save up to buy my grail pin Hardbody, anyone ever come across a NIB let me know!

#4080 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Is that a certain thing? Ive debated on what I would do if that ever happened, I really like the blue.....I dont think I want to drop another 4 Hundy on that with a perfectly good working DMD.
Im trying to save up to buy my grail pin Hardbody, anyone ever come across a NIB let me know!

Yes ColorDMD announced TRON earlier this year as getting the colour treatment. Just throw the blue DMD in Metallica and give Tron the colour it deserves

#4081 3 years ago

Yes ColorDMD announced TRON earlier this year as getting the colour treatment. Just throw the blue DMD in Metallica and give Tron the colour it deserves

But the Tron world is only three colours, black, blue and orange. Image search...

TronIMG.png

#4082 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

But the Tron world is only three colours, black, blue and orange.

and white - not sure about any others though.

EDIT: oh, and yellow (CLU)

#4083 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

But the Tron world is only three colours, black, blue and orange.

Oh I certainly remember seeing some red and yellow too. That's still three or four more colours then just blue.

#4084 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

and white - not sure about any others though.
EDIT: oh, and yellow (CLU)

Rizzler or whatever his name is is red and some of the lightcycles were too among other things.

#4085 3 years ago

As much as I love colorDMD and Tron, I honestly think it would be the most underwhelming color DMD treatment.

#4086 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

But the Tron world is only three colours, black, blue and orange. Image search...
TronIMG.png

Are you kidding me. There is yellow and red in those pics

#4087 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

As much as I love colorDMD and Tron, I honestly think it would be the most underwhelming color DMD treatment.

I disagree and I think you will buy one

#4088 3 years ago

I disagree and I think you will buy one

Probably, haha.

#4089 3 years ago

8 clear rubber 120 bulk buckets ordered, who's all in for these? I know Tdiddy and PaulCoff were up for one and Jazzmaster?..... Chosen_S maybe?

Just remind me via pm, work has been stupid lately and frying my brain.

I also ordered another 10 clear discs just in case.

#4090 3 years ago

I mean why would you spend all that time making the colour changing GI mod for Tron, you know you will and I hope you will and not throw a ColorDMD in it.

#4091 3 years ago

When the time comes and someone swaps out blue for color (and I know several of you will), I'll want that blue DMD...

#4092 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

When the time comes and someone swaps out blue for color (and I know several of you will), I'll want that blue DMD...

$600 sold to you! Pm me

^includes autograph^

#4093 3 years ago

OK, but only if you can send it with "Billy16" listed with that Grand Champion score...

#4094 3 years ago

Definitely

#4095 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

$600 sold to you! Pm me
^includes autograph^

Nice, the autograph is worth $600 alone! Throw in a pic of Mrs. Flank and they would sell like hot cakes!

#4096 3 years ago

What's the bucket?

Edit. Ahh, I found it.

#4097 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

What's the bucket?

You put in on your head and run around in the street while banging a wooden spoon on it.

#4098 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You put in on your head and run around in the street while banging a wooden spoon on it.

image.jpg

#4099 3 years ago

Looking to buy Flynn sign and arcade mod. Best place to get both? Anyone selling an extra?

#4100 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm right there with you. My best is 93M, and I made it to Portal in that game! That was back when I was working on firmware for Eli's ramps, and I was doing a lot of playtesting. I'm lucky to get SOS these days.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
Machine - For Sale
Champaign, IL
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 26.50
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9064 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside