tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 233.
#3951 8 years ago

A quick recommendation for others getting ready to install the clear disk; do a dry fit check first. Mine was slightly too big, and I didn't find it until I was sticking it in place.

Next, "drunk sailor" doesn't properly describe it. I'd say defective missile.

#3952 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

A quick recommendation for others getting ready to install the clear disk; do a dry fit check first. Mine was slightly too big, and I didn't find it until I was sticking it in place.
Next, "drink sailor" doesn't properly describe it. I'd say defective missile.

Good to know, the one I swapped fit perfect

Too bad you have to remove the pad to secure the actual disc to the motor assembly, you could have different discs with diff colored pads to easily swap in and out, oh well.....

#3953 8 years ago

I think I'm going to wuss out and put a regular rubber disk back in mine. I had a ball fly over the left sling and outlane, into the apron. I can feel the entire machine shake when it grabs a ball, and I've started gritting my teeth every time the ball gets near it. I'm afraid it's going to break something.

#3954 8 years ago

Is it Xmas yet ?!?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3955 8 years ago

just rec my clear grippy TRON glory hole in the mail today.... thanks CF

#3956 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I think I'm going to wuss out and put a regular rubber disk back in mine. I had a ball fly over the left sling and outlane, into the apron. I can feel the entire machine shake when it grabs a ball, and I've started gritting my teeth every time the ball gets near it. I'm afraid it's going to break something.

Meh, give it a few plays and it will settle down. I've had mine in for about 750 plays and have never had anything break.
Keep it in, it's worth it.

#3957 8 years ago

If I were to seek out an extra plastic disc, where do we find those?

#3958 8 years ago

The final nail in Tron 3's coffin...Boxleitner says he's over it more or less...

http://www.slashfilm.com/bruce-boxleitner-on-tron-3/

#3959 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Don't wuss out Herg! You can do it!

you-can-do-eet.jpegyou-can-do-eet.jpeg

#3960 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

If I were to seek out an extra plastic disc, where do we find those?

Pinball Life has them in stock.

#3961 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I installed mine tonight and it's wild for sure.
My first game after installing I was playing with the glass still off and during mutilball one came off the disk so fast and hit another ball so hard it popped out and went across the room.
Yes it could break something for sure but I will take that chance becasue it's a lot more fun this way.

Thank you to the Centerflank import company.

#3962 8 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

My first game after installing I was playing with the glass still off and during mutilball one came off the disk so fast and hit another ball so hard it popped out and went across the room.

LOL! *WARNING* Do not play TRON with the glass off with new disc!

#3963 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

LOL! *WARNING* Do not play TRON with the glass off with new disc!

Exactly why I use double paned with tint

#3964 8 years ago

Sorry for the crappy video quality, but here's an example of what the silicon disc does. Pay attention to the second shot; that's a chunk of the disc that tore loose and flew across the playfiled.

#3965 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Sorry for the crappy video quality, but here's an example of what the silicon disc does. Pay attention to the second shot; that's a chunk of the disc that tore loose and flew across the playfiled.
» YouTube video

O M G ! That is just CrAzY!

#3967 8 years ago

Yikes! I think I'm gonna put my new clear disk on upside down!

#3968 8 years ago

i'm wrapping my balls with that new clear disk !

#3969 8 years ago

Last of the bulk 2 discs going out tomorrow except Kports, anyone from round 1 not get theirs?

#3970 8 years ago

Got mine thanks . Have not put it on yet. I have had my Tron for about 2 months and made Portal for the first time tonight. What a rush and ended with 124m. What a great pinball machine this game is.

#3971 8 years ago

Destroyed my GC score last night. Previous best was 160mil, and my other high scores are in the 130 range. Almost got to Portal twice. The first time I had everything finished except the stupid light cycles going into SOS

TRON SCORE.jpgTRON SCORE.jpg

#3972 8 years ago

Blue disc is pretty damn crazy on the game....I made my wife play it last night. Second shot in to the disc area just hovered there for a second, and I had that mental "Oh CRAP!"....it shot out so fast right at the left flipper it just hit the flat of the rubber and went right over the flipper.

Plays better than new, IMO.

The set screw on my motor shaft would NOT come out. It's so bad that I put my soldering iron into the screw, left it there for two minutes and still could not even budge the thing. My allen wrench is now permanently torqued with a 30 degree twist around the shaft...set screw didn't even budge. Ridiculous.

#3973 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Blue disc is pretty damn crazy on the game....I made my wife play it last night. Second shot in to the disc area just hovered there for a second, and I had that mental "Oh CRAP!"....it shot out so fast right at the left flipper it just hit the flat of the rubber and went right over the flipper.
Plays better than new, IMO.
The set screw on my motor shaft would NOT come out. It's so bad that I put my soldering iron into the screw, left it there for two minutes and still could not even budge the thing. My allen wrench is now permanently torqued with a 30 degree twist around the shaft...set screw didn't even budge. Ridiculous.

Hahahahaha, I'm not the only one. I twisted 5 Allen keys to shit trying to get that thing off and no, wouldn't budge.

#3974 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Hahahahaha, I'm not the only one. I twisted 5 Allen keys to shit trying to get that thing off and no, wouldn't budge.

My friend said he had the same experience. I don't get why it's in there like that.

#3975 8 years ago

Alright, bulk order 3 was on my doorstep after a long day at Six Flags Great America with the family, Ill start packaging them up tomorrow and send out payment notices.

Only bummer was they only sent me one clear rubber bucket

I sent an email, hope they are easy to deal with....

IMG_0660.jpgIMG_0660.jpg

#3976 8 years ago

Peekaboo I see you! Thanks CF!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3977 8 years ago

Bulk #3 ready to go! I'll be waiting on the 120buckets a few more days though, Germans are sending me the missing 3, good customer service so far.

Still got a few discs left, shoot me a PM if you want one!image.jpgimage.jpg

#3978 8 years ago

Installed my disc today. Holy crap was the old one hard to get off. Took a good 3 hours and I finally got all of the glue off. I also installed Eli's ramp kit today.

#3979 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Holy crap was the old one hard to get off.

Ain't that the truth! Heat and Goo Gone weren't cutting it. I ended up clamping the whole motor assembly to the workbench, powering the motor, and using a piece of sandpaper to clean mine up.

#3980 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Ain't that the truth! Heat and Goo Gone weren't cutting it. I ended up clamping the whole motor assembly to the workbench, powering the motor, and using a piece of sandpaper to clean mine up.

Can you peel it off with a razor blade? I just want to plan my disc session effectively

#3981 8 years ago

Maybe, but the disc itself (the part you're keeping) is made of relatively soft plastic. I would think a razor blade would tend to cut into it. I didn't try it, though. I was trying to scrape some off with a flat bladed screwdriver when I decided I needed more power.

The adhesive that was left on mine was brittle and very tough. It was nothing like what I expected with a gooey backing that you could heat up, peel off, then clean up the leftovers with Goo Gone.

#3982 8 years ago

The part you are scraping is recessed so getting a razor blade in there didn't work for me. I ended up just using a crap ton of Goo Gone Gel and a flat screwdriver. Then after I got most of it off, I used a dremel to remove the rest.

#3983 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The part you are scraping is recessed so getting a razor blade in there didn't work for me. I ended up just using a crap ton of Goo Gone Gel and a flat screwdriver. Then after I got most of it off, I used a dremel to remove the rest.

I think I'll just order another disc, the have discs to swap out if needed

#3984 8 years ago

When I replaced the black disc with another black one, I acutally used a dremel with a wire brush to scrape off the old adhesive. I'm sure I removed some plastic too, but nobody's perfect.

Used a new plastic for the blue one.

So..I totally had a ball come out of there last night and I'm not sure what the hell it ricocheted off off, but it went airborne and ended up on top of the ramp in upper left corner.

#3985 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I think I'll just order another disc, the have discs to swap out if needed

Be ready for a fight with the set screw. As mentioned above, it's very difficult to remove.

#3986 8 years ago

Where can you find new discs without the pad already installed?

#3987 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Where can you find new discs without the pad already installed?

Pinball life

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2539

#3988 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

When I replaced the black disc with another black one, I acutally used a dremel with a wire brush to scrape off the old adhesive. I'm sure I removed some plastic too, but nobody's perfect.
Used a new plastic for the blue one.
So..I totally had a ball come out of there last night and I'm not sure what the hell it ricocheted off off, but it went airborne and ended up on top of the ramp in upper left corner.

Do we need to figure out how to make the motor spin slower? I'm wandering how long our Trons are going to last with supersonic ball bearings

#3989 8 years ago

You can put a few drops of lubricant into the motor shaft, didn't help any with the noise the one time I did it.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, all the TRONS on route with a brazilian plays, I never heard of that motor burning out on the route operator...

#3990 8 years ago

Who wants to install all power balls in their TRON with the clear disc pad and shoot some video for us????? I might make the switch if its even more insane, see if I can get that glass to break!

1 free disc pad to the person who does this! Lets do this TRON Fanboys!

#3991 8 years ago

Has anyone tried a brushless motor replacement?

#3992 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You can put a few drops of lubricant into the motor shaft, didn't help any with the noise the one time I did it.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, all the TRONS on route with a brazilian plays, I never heard of that motor burning out on the route operator...

What I'm thinking is slow the motor down by maybe 10% to keep the pinballs from destroying playfield parts, or is this not necessary??

#3993 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Do we need to figure out how to make the motor spin slower?

There are already resistors in series with the motor to drop the voltage to about 12V. You could put a larger value of resistor there to limit this a bit more. Whether it's necessary is debatable.

#3994 8 years ago

double post

#3995 8 years ago

I think the disc will calm down a bit once I clean up my playfield...right now it needs to be cleaned and waxed...the balls aren't nearly as slippery as when it's been waxed.

#3996 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What I'm thinking is slow the motor down by maybe 10% to keep the pinballs from destroying playfield parts, or is this not necessary??

Im more interested to in making the motor faster.

#3997 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Who wants to install all power balls in their TRON with the clear disc pad and shoot some video for us????? I might make the switch if its even more insane, see if I can get that glass to break!

Only if I could play it in a padded room... Because that is f$c&ing cRaZy!

#3998 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well I don't have power balls installed, but yesterday I did install 2 blue glo balls and two orange glo balls. They are actually lighter then a powerball. A powerball is 63 grams and a glo ball is 60 grams would that qualify for the free disc offer I could make a video.

#3999 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Well I don't have power balls installed, but yesterday I did install 2 blue glo balls and two orange glo balls. They are actually lighter then a powerball. A powerball is 63 grams and a glo ball is 60 grams would that qualify for the free disc offer I could make a video.

No.

#4000 8 years ago

Hahahahaha, ok. I would have given it away to someone anyway

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.